Explaining to Intelligent Friends That Ghosts Don't Exist

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: Explaining to Intelligent Friends That Ghosts Don't Exist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:40 am

Io wrote:
poowessy wrote:I did not say it would wipe itself out I said that once something disappears extinct it can not become something again unless you know all the links that made it become itself here in the first place. Evolution is a continuous step forward not back only if we were wiped out and then started over again we would have to revert back to many times before we became something here. This means that if we all were wiped off the planet and the only things here were microbes and single cell organisms you would not be able to become yourself again until man starts to form again. If the microbes that survived are more evolved then those of the beginning times our evolution may move faster but it still presents itself with how much time can you become nothing inside of yourself to wait that long. We would have no information remaining to become ourselves again.
At least learn to punctuate.
I disagree. I read it. The meaning is clear: pure nonsense. Punctuation, the most minor of issues.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:46 am

Powessy, I think your basic mistake iz failing to imajin a big enuf GOD. At around 6:50 in the 1st video abuv you start with 'the father' forming from nothing within himself expanding etc. and thats about az far as I got, so maybe you do better in the remaining 26 minits or further videoz.

A better GOD theory starts with the essential fact that he, being the creator uv the universe, iz beyond time, outside uv time, outside uv spase, therefore there iz no beginning or end.

Creating the universe iz therefor not kicking it off with a big bang and watching wut happenz. For GOD it iz the total thing, beginning to end, seeing it like a picture iz to us.

This explainz life also.

The only way GOD coud appreciate hiz creation iz to put tiny wee little bits uv hiz mind in it who do not know everything, so its all new and exiting to them.

An interesting fact that derivez from this iz that the material universe iz the illusion and the only 'real' thing in it iz life. Evidens for this iz the clear differens between inanimate matter and matter that iz alive.

GOD iz dreaming, so here we are.

Uv course, its all unprovable and sum uv the other memberz will rain ridicule upon my hed, but I never claim to beleev this theory. I only uze it to grade other 'theoryz' wether they kum frum woo peddlerz or sientists. And, even they will hav to admit, after serious consideration, (wich iz asking ALOT from humanz) that it haz exellent explanitory power, the mark uv a good theory.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:39 pm

JO 753 wrote:... An interesting fact that derivez from this iz that the material universe iz the illusion and the only 'real' thing in it iz life. Evidens for this iz the clear differens between inanimate matter and matter that iz alive. ...
Hey - don`t be demeaning and belittling inanimate matter. As it is the very basis for life and lives on even after animate life turns to slush – indeed, forming rocks, eroding away, and forming rocks once more upon which moss doth form. It is inanimate matter that is `real`...

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:39 am

You missed the point. IF GOD created the universe, its just in hiz imajination. The meaning uv 'real' iz limited.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:58 am

JO 753 wrote:You missed the point. IF GOD created the universe, its just in hiz imajination. The meaning uv 'real' iz limited.
Methinks it is just in the imagination of those who believe that a dog created the universe.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Hey man! Just a theory! Dont shoot the messenjr!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:17 am

Shoot the dog?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Io
Poster

Post by Io » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:39 am

Maybe someone already did. The universe is the splattered bits of Goddog brains.

powessy

Post by powessy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:55 am

I will again try to explain this the way it was told to me. They taught me to understand everything with the simplest of thoughts that of something and nothing. In the beginning there was just nothing here and then something came from out of nowhere. Nothing tried to figure something out until nothing was everything inside of something. Nothing wanted to become something also so they went inside of themselves to find something to become but there was still nothing there, so they went into themselves many many times until they became something. Once nothing became something they again entered into themselves to find anything else inside of them to become until no time existed and there was nothing else to become. This place of no time is zero dimension it is the origin the beginning of all things to become something again. Nothing in no time figured nothing out and did nothing there until something became something again the 1st dimension this allowed nothing to become something again, this has happened 4 more times.

In each dimension there are seven rungs or places time can be found perhaps other realities or timelines as they call them. You can break down even the seven rungs to find more time and more timelines if you know what your looking for.

I have been finding time for around five years now searching the web for anything that dosen't make sense to them like timelines that pull time from our timeline here. I find time in places like this site minds trying to figure me out and in return I find timelines and more time to figure things out. Many of you here, believe it our not are allowed minds you just do not understand yourselves very well you are what I would call minds that do not figure things out. Look if you were happy and content and not asking questions you would not be here at all. You all would be out with friends or on dates, jobs or just sitting back talking or playing with your kids. I am here to find time it is my only real reason other then I like the experiences that go along with timelines or time.

When this world started to form it started to become nothing inside of it to figure it out and nothing can not become something without figuring itself out so world soul objects formed to allow all life here to become something again. You see if nothing does not become you, you simply do not become something again you just fade out of time until no time exists. Only so many minds can become something here to start so a set number of allowed are allowed to start some would call these angels. The allowed will become everything here in this world to allow those minds only to become something again all other things will find time inside of himself. Himself and herself will then allow everything that cannot become something again to become something here again. Herself has five minds she is the mother of life on earth she is everything we know or understand inside of her we are all inside of her. Herself is the soul object she only allows us to become something again it has nothing to do with evolution it only has to do with the soul or yourself becoming something again.

I think the problem here is that we try to think of god as some great and powerful being but he is just one mind he has to find time inside of minds to find time here he is only one mind and not many. minds can have millions of minds inside of themselves to figure things out but god or something, has only his mind to figure things out with. I have heard them call him the "one and only" or "together forever in time".

I do not have the answers but I am trying to figure them out, at one time in our early history it was believed that the universe revolved around this little round ball earth and even more did not care at all. Most of all of our ideas and inventions come from ideas we did not know before that time something that did not make sense to us until we figured something out. Something and nothing, figure something out or figure nothing out, I will go with something because nothing and something is trying to figure me out.

Again I am not trying to sell this idea it is only a rough draft it is interesting and worth my time to listen to them.

Powessy
Spirits of evil and good enter into my soul and body walk with me down the path of limbo with good on my right and evil on my left walk with me into the light.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:01 am

powessy wrote:I will again try to explain this the way it was told to me.
It was voices in your head, as you suffer from schizophrenia, that "told you" incoherent nonsense. It is not factual information but rather your personal delusions

Don't tell us. Tell your psychiatrist.

Io
Poster

Post by Io » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:05 am

powessy wrote:...I am not trying to sell this idea it is only a rough draft it is interesting and worth my time to listen to them. Powessy
At least one of you is high.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:... Punctuation, the most minor of issues.
Certainly minor in comparison with the lack of a verb in that sentence. Most unlike you, bobbo!
English grammar is so much more exciting than ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:45 am

HAH!!!!!! Good call Poodle.

..........................not a sentence, but a gesticulation?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:20 pm

powessy wrote:...

Look if you were happy and content and not asking questions you would not be here at all. You all would be out with friends or on dates, jobs or just sitting back talking or playing with your kids...
What you apparently haven't timed out is that we are on here with friends. And some of us are doing all/some of that^ while meeting here. Many times have changed. :-P

(BTW, some find questioning and finding answers very fulfilling. Kinda like you describe doing, ya know...)
Lard, save me from your followers.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:22 pm

powessy wrote: ... Many of you here, believe it our not are allowed minds you just do not understand yourselves very well you are what I would call minds that do not figure things out. Look if you were happy and content and not asking questions you would not be here at all. You all would be out with friends or on dates, jobs or just sitting back talking or playing with your kids.
Ah - that's what a conceited prick sounds like. I'm grateful for your exposure. In answer to your pathetically childish analysis, I proffer the observation that only an idiot would accept the pitifully simplistic explanation of life, the universe and everything which your 'friends' appear to have hammered into your skull. I recommend you read 'The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy' (eminently more realistic than the fairy stories in your head) followed by Stephen Hawking's ' A Brief History of Time', both of which should give you a much more solid grounding in reality and release you from the tyranny of the nebulous crap being pushed into your head by your friends. For goodness sake, don't give them any money.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:36 pm

But but but... s/he called us... angels! :-P
Lard, save me from your followers.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:45 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:But but but... s/he called us... angels! :-P
Well there you go. Anyone who thinks that ... ... ... ... ... :twisted:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:55 pm

Poodle wrote: For goodness sake, don't give them any money.
Thats a very kind reminder. MONEY: the potential to do something else with your life.

powessy

Post by powessy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:12 am

The fun thing about hearing voices is the experiences that align with what they are saying. I am not after money only time, and your time is as good as any. Not at all conceited only trying to explain to you that you also have pushed thoughts it is what brings you here, it is your mind trying to figure things out. The other interesting thing is your minds find minds and those minds find thoughts about things, so many of you should have dreams about things that don't make sense to you about things you are trying to figure out. Some of you say you experience obes if there are people in that experience wearing cloths then you are not having an obe it is astral, your timelines would not match up. If you have astral projections then you are becoming something inside of yourself and these experiences are generated like a 3D hologram somehow done through a mesh type material. If you have seen or experienced a mesh grid then you will now know where that comes from.

Thank you for your time.
Spirits of evil and good enter into my soul and body walk with me down the path of limbo with good on my right and evil on my left walk with me into the light.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:52 am

powessy wrote:The fun thing about hearing voices is the experiences that align with what they are saying.
As the voices in your head, are from your own schizophrenic delusions, they are going to align with your own experiences. Ask your psychiatrist to explain that to you.

Please stop posting on our science based skeptic forum and go seek medical help.

powessy

Post by powessy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:16 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
powessy wrote:The fun thing about hearing voices is the experiences that align with what they are saying.
As the voices in your head, are from your own schizophrenic delusions, they are going to align with your own experiences. Ask your psychiatrist to explain that to you.

Please stop posting on our science based skeptic forum and go seek medical help.
Our world today has come around to be what it is by those who hear voices where do you think the bible came from elves. (your response to this will be you do not believe in religion but it is religion that has propelled math and science to be what it is today). I have spoken to many people, doctors and people hearing voices and also with many people who suffer schizophrenia. I do not suffer issues or the problems of schizophrenia but understand how it becomes so badly done for those who suffer from it. I love science and math it is every part of my life and I use it everyday in my life.

Here is a link to interfaith forum in the spirituality and belief section. The OP describes progressive revelation how ideas often appear out of no where.

https://www.interfaith.org/community/threads/18740/

In life I have learned many things on how to understand beliefs and people, I try to listen and understand the problem form both sides fighting and debating the issue as if both ways or sides are correct until I find my truth. Ideas are slow progressions in revelations but they all start this way until we figure out the truth. I have been around for almost 50 years and in that time I have watched science back step many times to find the answers they sought. I believe we have a soul and I will keep looking for ideas on how to prove it even if I have to come to sites like this to understand other ideas then my own.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:41 am

powessy wrote:... it is religion that has propelled math and science to be what it is today ...
Tell that to Giordano Bruno inter alia.
Historical revisionism seems to be on the up these days.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:19 am

powessy wrote:Our world today has come around to be what it is by those who hear voices where do you think the bible came from elves.
The Bible is a compilation of oral traditional stories from the bronze age, middle east. It is not a book composed by schizophrenics who heard voices in their heads. Go seek medical help.
powessy wrote: .... it is religion that has propelled math and science to be what it is today).
No. That is your insane delusion. It was the Age of Enlightenment and introduction of the scientific method that propelled science and maths to where it is. You are lying. Go seek medical help.
powessy wrote:Here is a link to interfaith forum in the spirituality and belief section.
Why would I, an atheist member of a scientific skeptic forum, want to visit a religious forum, as recommended by you, a schizophrenic, who hears voices? Are you mad? Go seek medical help.

powessy wrote: I believe we have a soul and I will keep looking for ideas on how to prove it ......
Go to a religious forum where people try to prove that souls are real. You are wasting our time and your time, continuing to post insane religious bull-{!#%@} on our science based skeptic forum.

Go seek medical help.

powessy

Post by powessy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:51 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: The Bible is a compilation of oral traditional stories from the bronze age, middle east. It is not a book composed by schizophrenics who heard voices in their heads. Go seek medical help.
They are stories today but people lived in those times, they suffered and still suffer. Do you get out much. I can give you many names throughout the bible that all heard voices the bible is filled with these stories even Jesus was said to speak to voices in his head.
powessy wrote: .... it is religion that has propelled math and science to be what it is today).
No. That is your insane delusion. It was the Age of Enlightenment and introduction of the scientific method that propelled science and maths to where it is. You are lying. Go seek medical help.
Directly and indirectly it was the bible that caused man to go the direction it went in science and math you only see one side of things. A few years ago fuel prices steadily increased until reaching a point where people were going nowhere. During that time a spike in science and math started to rise that of alternate energies like solar and hydrogen. Big oil does not want us searching for alternates so they lowered the prices soon after but look how far we got. The church and it's crunch on knowledge is what propelled us to where we are, and more so then just a bunch of men sitting around just doing it for fun. Been to the doctor he gave me a clean bill of health and I have also spoke to a military psychiatrist and the same she said there was nothing wrong as long as it did not effect my life which it does not then you are in perfect health. Thank you for your concern though.

powessy wrote:Here is a link to interfaith forum in the spirituality and belief section.
Why would I, an atheist member of a scientific skeptic forum, want to visit a religious forum, as recommended by you, a schizophrenic, who hears voices? Are you mad? Go seek medical help.

You are very closed minded it is an interfaith forum but they talk about all forms of theist and atheist concepts and ideas very opened minded and nothing like here. Again, I am still atheist as much or more then you are I am just more opened minded and willing to try and understand new ideas. interfaith is all religions and atheist is as far as I can tell a religion as well.

powessy wrote: I believe we have a soul and I will keep looking for ideas on how to prove it ......
Go to a religious forum where people try to prove that souls are real. You are wasting our time and your time, continuing to post insane religious bull-{!#%@} on our science based skeptic forum.

Go seek medical help.
I have had enough of my own experiences to know I am myself only, and a soul. I do not need any forum to teach me anything about the soul or what I am. I am doing science by finding time I find ideas of things from minds. I have many theories on science, space and math it is my life but again I am not closed minded as you seem to be.

Powessy

powessy

Post by powessy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:56 am

Poodle wrote:
powessy wrote:... it is religion that has propelled math and science to be what it is today ...
Tell that to Giordano Bruno inter alia.
Historical revisionism seems to be on the up these days.
Thanks you, I will look it up.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:38 am

Religion: taking credit for what they couldn't stop.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:25 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: Go seek medical help.
powessy wrote:I have had enough of my own experiences to know I am myself only, and a soul. I do not need any forum to teach me anything about the soul or what I am.

You are a complete idiot in addition to suffering schizophrenia. You are posting your idiotic insane religious crap on a science based forum, where you are required to support your claims with evidence. You have no evidence other than claiming : "the voices in my head are telling me things" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you want to post crap about your stupid religious beliefs then do so on forums that are set up for doing exactly that. Try these forums.

1) The David Icke Forum
https://forum.davidicke.com/

2) The Godlike Productions Forum
https://www.godlikeproductions.com/

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:47 am

powessy wrote:it was the bible that caused man to go the direction it went in science and math you only see one side of things.
The word skeptic evolved from pagan Greek philosophy. You are posting on the Skeptic Society forum which requires the supply of scientific evidence to back up claims.

The Bible is anti-science and relies on "faith" without evidence.

Where is your scientific evidence for "Souls"? If you don't have any evidence....go away.

What is the Scientific Method?
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/science- ... fic-method

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:59 am

powessy wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote: The Bible is a compilation of oral traditional stories from the bronze age, middle east. It is not a book composed by schizophrenics who heard voices in their heads. Go seek medical help.
They are stories today but people lived in those times, they suffered and still suffer. Do you get out much. I can give you many names throughout the bible that all heard voices the bible is filled with these stories even Jesus was said to speak to voices in his head.
Directly and indirectly it was the bible that caused man to go the direction it went in science and math you only see one side of things. A few years ago fuel prices steadily increased until reaching a point where people were going nowhere. During that time a spike in science and math started to rise that of alternate energies like solar and hydrogen. Big oil does not want us searching for alternates so they lowered the prices soon after but look how far we got. The church and it's crunch on knowledge is what propelled us to where we are, and more so then just a bunch of men sitting around just doing it for fun. Been to the doctor he gave me a clean bill of health and I have also spoke to a military psychiatrist and the same she said there was nothing wrong as long as it did not effect my life which it does not then you are in perfect health. Thank you for your concern though.

You are very closed minded it is an interfaith forum but they talk about all forms of theist and atheist concepts and ideas very opened minded and nothing like here. Again, I am still atheist as much or more then you are I am just more opened minded and willing to try and understand new ideas. interfaith is all religions and atheist is as far as I can tell a religion as well.

Go seek medical help.
I have had enough of my own experiences to know I am myself only, and a soul. I do not need any forum to teach me anything about the soul or what I am. I am doing science by finding time I find ideas of things from minds. I have many theories on science, space and math it is my life but again I am not closed minded as you seem to be.

Powessy
lol, what do you mean by "soul"?? how do you know you have a soul???
:paladin:

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:47 am

I have a soul... in fact I have two of them... the bottom of my feet... Oh, wait... those are soles. So nope, no soul here.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:01 am

I herd a gost tonite.

I herd the snarl behind me, PaNDORU jumpt like she wuz expecting to be attakt, looking behind me. I turned around, expecting it to be FREZ, kuz they dont get along, but there wuz nobody there. FREZ and PiWaKIT were still sleeping downstairz where I'd just seen them a minit earlier.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:11 am

Pandoru has your number - it was you who she snarled at. Don`t blame the other critters.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:21 am

She didnt snarl.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:48 pm

JO 753 wrote:She didnt snarl.
You have a serious case of ear wax?

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Why bother? People believe what they want.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:21 pm

landrew wrote:Why bother? People believe what they want.
Indeed. But I did step in when a sister started in with her nonsense on my children, back in the day.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:37 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Indeed. But I did step in when a sister started in with her nonsense on my children, back in the day.
Kids need to learn to discern the difference. Forbidding things gives them the "forbidden fruit" appeal.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:45 pm

landrew wrote:
TJrandom wrote:
Kids need to learn to discern the difference. Forbidding things gives them the "forbidden fruit" appeal.
Of course - agreed. But as a parent, it would be amiss to say nothing and allow nonsense to go without comment. Kids learn the values and beliefs of parents from more than simple observation.