Poster

Re: Total Freedom

Post by Halleyscomet » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:16 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:05 pm

Is rhubarb any good? I can't remember the last time I had it.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:22 am

No it's horrible. People mix it with otherwise perfectly good strawberry Jello to make horrible rhubarb crap. I get several pounds of it given to me every year. Unless you mix it with copious amounts of ice cream, it is inedible.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:24 am

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:03 am

Gord: thanks. Good to know, since memory fails me. I had much the same issue re persimmons. Another food you get once a year that is not normally around. All I've ever had is persimmon cookies and I think most of them too moist, too sweet, giving me a poor impression of persimmons. But this year I got some free persimmons and got hold of the seeds to juice. It was really quite good and I look forward to next year to do the same.///////////Or was it that other fruit we get once a year. name escapes me right now. ////ahhhh….pomegranates. I think it was pomegranates I juiced. I think the persimmons went bad before I remembered I had them.

…………..next year. I'll skip the rhubarbs. Still working my way up to Kale.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:02 am

Gord wrote:No it's horrible. People mix it with otherwise perfectly good strawberry Jello to make horrible rhubarb crap. I get several pounds of it given to me every year. Unless you mix it with copious amounts of ice cream, it is inedible.
Other people add a couple of pounds of sugar, water up to a gallon (Imperial), a spoonful of unicellular fungi and a few pinches of magic powders, and then wait a while. It's delicious!

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Poodle wrote:It's delicious!
That's a subjective term, but it's still wrong. :P
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Halleyscomet
Poster

Post by Halleyscomet » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:36 pm

Poodle wrote:
Gord wrote:No it's horrible. People mix it with otherwise perfectly good strawberry Jello to make horrible rhubarb crap. I get several pounds of it given to me every year. Unless you mix it with copious amounts of ice cream, it is inedible.
Other people add a couple of pounds of sugar, water up to a gallon (Imperial), a spoonful of unicellular fungi and a few pinches of magic powders, and then wait a while. It's delicious!
That settles it. I'm making some Rhubarb wine this Summer.

On an unrelated note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gy81Kk-WOA&feature=youtu.be

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:57 pm

There's a lot of rhubarb growing in inconspicuous places, I find. It was planted during wartime as an alternate source of vitamin C when citrus was unavailable.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:59 pm

Crow: I truly admire your spirit. Just be advised, Poodle is an expert in home made rot gut. His pure ambrosia may be your (and mine) swill. I'm shooting about 50% right now on hard apple cider. Some is excellent...some is just swill. I don't know what made the difference. Its: science.

Johan
BANNED

Post by Johan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:33 pm

Let's see His reactions on this One!

https://disqus.com/home/channel/gracean ... 4025299889

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:26 pm

Johan: what is your link about? aka: I recommend NO ONE GOES THERE OR COMMENTS, until you explain/precise the import of your link. aka: do more than nothing.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:44 pm

Oh ye of little faith, bobbo!
RHUBARB WINE
Ingredients ... for 1 imperial gallon (all measures are Imperial).
Between 2.5 and 3.5 lbs of rhubarb, depending upon how much you like the flavour, washed and cut into 1" chunks. Or 1.5". Who cares?
About an ounce of root ginger (bashed a few times) if you like it - if not, leave it out.
Juice of a lemon (or a level teaspoon of citric acid, but the lemon adds a certain je ne sais quoi).
3 lbs white sugar.
One sachet or a level teaspoon wine yeast. NOT bread yeast or beer yeast. WINE YEAST!!!

Method ...
Chuck the rhubarb, lemon juice and ginger into a gallon jar. Top with the sugar. Cover the jar and go away for a whole day.
Come back the next day - the sugar will have begun juice extraction. Top up to the gallon mark with COLD water, stir, re-cover and go away for another day (or, even better, two), returning occasionally to stir everything up. When you're ready, taste the stuff. It will be sickeningly sweet, but you should be able to taste the rhubarb. If you think it not rhubarby enough, leave it for another day or two and retaste.
When you're satisfied, use your favourite method of separating the rhubarb and ginger from the liquid. When youv'e done that, add a LITTLE water to the rhubarb and swill everything around to extract the last bit of flavour. Strain and add the liquid to the original liquid which is sitting impatiently in your fermentation vessel. When you've done that, chuck in your wine yeast (leave it floating on the surface) seal the vessel with an airlock (or a crumpled paper towel) and stand in a warm place (the wine, not you).
Fermentation will begin within a day, carry on for up to three weeks, then stop. Everything stops eventually. There will be a layer of yeast cells at the bottom of the vessel. The wine is drinkable at this point (but will improve) and will be within a range of 12.5% to 15% ABV, depending upon how much sugar you used and how the fermentation went. It may be bone dry or a little sweet for the same reason. If it's bone dry, you may want to add a little sugar syrup before drinking it - dry rhubarb is an acquired taste. Or it may be a little cloudy, but it will clear over time. If you drink a lot of it, you may be a little cloudy too.
WARNING - DO NOT attempt to extract flavour with hot water, otherwise your wine will contain oxalic acid. Not enough to hurt you, but it tastes like {!#%@} (actually, it doesn't - but you know what I mean).
EDIT: It will happily store for three years. Mine's never got that old.
EDIT2: I forgot to tell you to siphon the wine off that yeast deposit when it's finished fermenting. Unless you're going to drink the whole gallon within a week, in which case just pour it very carefully. Hell - you may even LIKE yeasty wine.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:54 pm

landrew wrote:There's a lot of rhubarb growing in inconspicuous places, I find. It was planted during wartime as an alternate source of vitamin C when citrus was unavailable.
Also, rhubarb is one of the few perennial plants that are grown as food crops. ("Perennial" means you don't have to keep replanting it; it grows back year after year.)
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:39 am

I have six clumps (is that the right word?) in the garden, purely for wine and the occasional crumble. Half of them are early varieties and half of them late varieties. Well, that's what it said on the labels. Actually, half of them are late earlies and the rest are early lates. The Poodle household has a frenzy of rhubarb wine making in May and June. Rhubarb wine, though, has a very calming effect, especially if you drink a lot of it. It's thoroughly recommended for unfortunates with delusions of grandeur.

Johan
BANNED

Post by Johan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:39 am

Over at Disqus I am helping them to understand the Greater Things of God. Which you know about already.

https://disqus.com/home/channel/religio ... 4026356315

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:24 pm

I believe over at Disqus they are in need of your 24/7 attention.

Johan
BANNED

Post by Johan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:28 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Johan: what is your link about? aka: I recommend NO ONE GOES THERE OR COMMENTS, until you explain/precise the import of your link. aka: do more than nothing.
No problem. Seems I should have given more. My mistake. But he is the first one I spoke to as "My Son".

Johan
BANNED

Post by Johan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:30 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I believe over at Disqus they are in need of your 24/7 attention.
Yep. Although they are in need of that, same as you, but they do not really know it yet and thus do not have the "need". You on the other hand know it but think you do not need it but still make use of it.

Halleyscomet
Poster

Post by Halleyscomet » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Poodle wrote:WARNING - DO NOT attempt to extract flavour with hot water, otherwise your wine will contain oxalic acid. Not enough to hurt you, but it tastes like {!#%@} (actually, it doesn't - but you know what I mean).
This is incredibly important information.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:14 pm

Johan wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I believe over at Disqus they are in need of your 24/7 attention.
Yep. Although they are in need of that, same as you, but they do not really know it yet and thus do not have the "need". You on the other hand know it but think you do not need it but still make use of it.
Well done. I know you know what I mean. You don't know enough to stop though. That is very telling.

Johan
BANNED

Post by Johan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:36 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Johan wrote:
Well done. I know you know what I mean. You don't know enough to stop though. That is very telling.
Good. Then you have something worthy at last to tell us.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:22 pm

Johan wrote: Good. Then you have something worthy at last to tell us.
No. The shoe is on YOUR foot. Really hypocritical (or is it worse and just defective?) to tell other people they have something worthy to tell when the point is you don't.

Read 'em and weep. Know what I mean? (etc...….almost made me laugh...but only a weak smile)

Johan
BANNED

Post by Johan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:26 am

Even in Christianity some have problems with the "Holiness of The Mother". But I am helping them to understand and accept.

https://disqus.com/home/channel/gracean ... 4029186913

And then you get the "others". They will realise eventually who is the Only Holy God.

https://disqus.com/home/channel/religio ... 4030187149

Johan
BANNED

Post by Johan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:57 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Johan wrote: Good. Then you have something worthy at last to tell us.
No. The shoe is on YOUR foot.
How do you see that?
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: Really hypocritical (or is it worse and just defective?) to tell other people they have something worthy to tell when the point is you don't.
Nope. I gave you credit for coming out of your recipes for a while. In a thread that is not for recipes. Very foolish notion to keep yourself busy with "recipes" and nonsense while there are worthy stuff to speak about.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: Read 'em and weep. Know what I mean? (etc...….almost made me laugh...but only a weak smile)
Yep. So weep then! Because of your "recipes". As for me. I have a "broad" smile. Because I already gave you the worthy stuff I am busy with.

At this stage it is proving that all the other "gods" are false. There is only One True One.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/chan ... also_holy/

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/chan ... also_holy/

But of course you are always welcome to join the "more worthy" stuff. Or stick with foolishness.

Rule with Me or be ruled!

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=29055&p=637644#p637644

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:51 pm

Johan wrote:... Rule with Me or be ruled! ...
:)
:D
:P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:32 pm

the Deists are much more clever and frustrating. Mere repetition?...……..Monty Python did cover that quite well. Was that video posted even on this thread earlier?? Anyway. Ditto the Klinko sign off. ((Yes....indecipherable unless you are following Klinko thread....but I tire "very" easily on repetition.))

Johan
BANNED

Post by Johan » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 am

Let me give you some pointers in this important discussion. We are revealing the One True God. Take a look.

Seems that Mohammed was a man of war

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/chan ... h_caravan/

False gods are not holy.

https://disqus.com/home/channel/religio ... 4026976344

There is no wife should know about the discussions.

https://disqus.com/home/channel/gracean ... 4028095020

God calls Himself Holy

https://disqus.com/home/channel/religio ... 4027185550

Proving the Mother

https://disqus.com/home/channel/gracean ... 4030318287

The humans does not know what holiness is because only God does.

https://disqus.com/home/channel/religio ... 4032289859

Also those taught by doctrine does not know.

https://disqus.com/home/channel/gracean ... 4032308327

Somebody is near holiness

https://disqus.com/home/channel/gracean ... 4032320238

Nemo judged prematurely on holiness

https://disqus.com/home/channel/gracean ... 4032320238

Robertson is getting close

https://disqus.com/home/channel/gracean ... 4032341235

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:12 am

WTF has that got to do with a good chicken curry? Get this BS away from our recipe thread!

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:02 pm

#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:08 pm

Brown some diced chicken

Add coconut milk, and some curry*. simmer ~ 5 mins

Add ~ a cup of cooked mangos diced, and some chives. simmer a bit more.

Easy and delicious.

*I use about 1 tblsp, but if you like lots, go for it.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:33 pm

That led me off on a curry journey around the world, and now I'm back but it's tomorrow. I've taken copious notes which will, no doubt, be meaningless in the morning. But I enjoyed it. Thanks, Gord.

Johan
BANNED

Post by Johan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:50 am

Something will like very much. Watching me "squirming".

https://disqus.com/home/channel/religio ... 4034000477

Come and join the process.

Johan
BANNED

Post by Johan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 am

We are covering some ground in the Holiness of the Mother. But they are struggling a bit with this concept.

https://disqus.com/home/channel/gracean ... 4034045821

Johan
BANNED

Post by Johan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:33 am

Poodle wrote:WTF has that got to do with a good chicken curry? Get this BS away from our recipe thread!
A Holy Mother has no Rules. She is guided by the Spirit of Love. And therefor the human rules are a bit "low". In this case the Holy Spirit guides her to make room for her Naughty Kids. This way they learn about Grace. Where Grace is Love to the undeserving. That is the Holiness of the Mother in Holy Action.

As yet I will not give them the example over there. Let them struggle a bit longer. Then I can do another thread on the
Holy Example.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by Poodle » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:25 am

Here's an interesting food site from Denmark ...
http://johanjohansen.dk/category/recipes/

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:59 am

Poodle wrote:Here's an interesting food site from Denmark ...
http://johanjohansen.dk/category/recipes/
Mexican Hotdog Recipe
Ewwww, does it contain a lot of cow lips and {!#%@}???
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Johan
BANNED

Post by Johan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:54 am

They are crying for an answer because of their impatience. Nobody knows what Holiness means. And they are trying to "force" the answer from me. So what power do they have to force?

https://disqus.com/home/channel/religio ... 4035547316

The Real Godly Power is in God's Patience. Impatience is a bad/evil spirit and Patience is part of the Holy Spirit of God.

Johan
BANNED

Post by Johan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:24 am

Hi everyone. We are all the same. Skeptics. And it is to our advantage. We do not accept anything without evidence.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/chan ... 4035597281

So this is proof that Believers are just as Skeptic as "skeptics". Humans are by nature. "Skeptic". We just found the evidence while other "unbelievers" has not yet found it.

Johan
BANNED

Post by Johan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:19 am

I actually found a Real Skeptic.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/chan ... 4034758730

And I have a nice answer for him. From the Holy Spirit of course.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/chan ... 4035661870
Last edited by Johan on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.