Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Laugh it up...
User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11193
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by OlegTheBatty » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:05 pm

. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28685
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:44 pm

That was hilarious. Good on the Palestinians. They have a sense of humour. :lol:

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9655
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Poodle » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:50 pm

... and impeccable logic.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11193
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by OlegTheBatty » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:53 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:That was hilarious. Good on the Palestinians. They have a sense of humour. :lol:

The Beaverton does. It's like The Onion.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31884
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Gord » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:30 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:That was hilarious. Good on the Palestinians. They have a sense of humour. :lol:

The Beaverton does. It's like The Onion.

Except Canadian!

Trudeau returns from Asia trip with tattoo reading “terrible negotiator”: https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/12/tr ... egotiator/

Minimum Wage Increase Debate: https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/12/mi ... se-debate/

Hi-larious.

Oh, and this one: https://www.thebeaverton.com/2016/12/sc ... ath-error/

TORONTO – In a startling revelation this morning Scotiabank admitted that their famous slogan ‘You’re richer than you think’ is, in fact, not true, and only arose because of a serious math error done by their accounting department....

...“It turns out you are actually poorer than you think you are. Even poorer than your parents think you are.”...

:heh:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 8905
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Aztexan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:52 pm

69ff11d4-06ab-44ab-b386-78ee8b9031df.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trump is Putin's bitch

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23867
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:39 pm

.
Lard, save me from your followers.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 8905
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Aztexan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:33 am

I don't follow rules.
trump is Putin's bitch

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 14753
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:36 am

"“We understand that the Mexican state of Texas is a sacred place for many large-buckled Americans, but they can rest assured that a two-state solution or a wall was not feasible,” explained Abbas." //// Except that is exactly what USA/Mexico DO have.

Sarcasm has its limits....... you know...... like Gaza.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23867
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:25 am

Image
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4231
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by ElectricMonk » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:10 pm

I'm never going to eat Lobster ever again:

https://www.theonion.com/study-reveals- ... 1822237552

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23867
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:38 pm

Meany.
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Nikki Nyx » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:26 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:I'm never going to eat Lobster ever again:

https://www.theonion.com/study-reveals- ... 1822237552
:lol: I'll take your share, EM.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 8905
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Aztexan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:01 am

Trump Says He Would Have Rushed in Unarmed to Stop School Shooting
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/26/us/p ... orida.html

Lying sack of {!#%@} lies again. That scumbag is a pathetic excuse for a man.
trump is a coward. I wish what's his face was here so he could defend this.
trump is Putin's bitch

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:06 pm

Aztexan wrote:Trump Says He Would Have Rushed in Unarmed to Stop School Shooting
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/26/us/p ... orida.html

Lying sack of {!#%@} lies again. That scumbag is a pathetic excuse for a man.
trump is a coward. I wish what's his face was here so he could defend this.
Yeah, the guy who got FIVE draft deferments because his foot hurt would rush unarmed to face a suicidal shooter. If you find people who believe that, steer them my way so I can offload some Arizona beachfront property. :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23867
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:12 pm

.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31884
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Gord » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:51 am

I need to get my mother one of those Bernie chairs.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Nikki Nyx » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Bernie Sanders' son, Levi, looks and sounds exactly like his father!
https://youtu.be/ze3MFhh_fhs
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31884
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Gord » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:49 pm

That's a video! Jeez, read the thread title, wouldja? :P
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Nikki Nyx » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:03 pm

:neener:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11193
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by OlegTheBatty » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:09 pm

:wedgie:
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Nikki Nyx » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:13 pm

:slapfight:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4231
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Interfaith Conference

Post by ElectricMonk » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:18 pm

No video, just sound from y favorite BBC series of mine:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRPEDemCA1s

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 8905
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Aztexan » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:48 pm

trump is Putin's bitch

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31884
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Gord » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:28 am

audis4_guy wrote:10 hours ago
I'd like to read the article but I know the comment section is better
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Wordbird
Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Wordbird » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:00 am

Beavers poop strawberries. Not a joke. Real.

They eat wood, then they eat it again, then they poop strawberries.

If you say they don't I'm just going to throw down the facts and you're going to look really silly.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31884
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Gord » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:00 pm

Last night I walked into a room, turned on the light, closed the door behind me, turned off the light, and then was confused why it was dark.

I know it's because I turned off the light, but part of me is still wondering, "Yeah, but you did the light switch touchy things, so why was it dark?" It's like there's a part of my brain which has forgotten that light switches can be used to turn lights off as well as turn them on.

Well, I think it's funny. And at least it's not a joke, image, or video!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8065
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by landrew » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:03 pm

Gord wrote:Last night I walked into a room, turned on the light, closed the door behind me, turned off the light, and then was confused why it was dark.

I know it's because I turned off the light, but part of me is still wondering, "Yeah, but you did the light switch touchy things, so why was it dark?" It's like there's a part of my brain which has forgotten that light switches can be used to turn lights off as well as turn them on.

Well, I think it's funny. And at least it's not a joke, image, or video!
You need to lay off using the funny stuff for awhile.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31884
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Gord » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:27 pm

landrew wrote:
Gord wrote:Last night I walked into a room, turned on the light, closed the door behind me, turned off the light, and then was confused why it was dark.

I know it's because I turned off the light, but part of me is still wondering, "Yeah, but you did the light switch touchy things, so why was it dark?" It's like there's a part of my brain which has forgotten that light switches can be used to turn lights off as well as turn them on.

Well, I think it's funny. And at least it's not a joke, image, or video!
You need to lay off using the funny stuff for awhile.
Humour? :frown:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8065
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by landrew » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:30 pm

Gord wrote:
landrew wrote:
Gord wrote:Last night I walked into a room, turned on the light, closed the door behind me, turned off the light, and then was confused why it was dark.

I know it's because I turned off the light, but part of me is still wondering, "Yeah, but you did the light switch touchy things, so why was it dark?" It's like there's a part of my brain which has forgotten that light switches can be used to turn lights off as well as turn them on.

Well, I think it's funny. And at least it's not a joke, image, or video!
You need to lay off using the funny stuff for awhile.
Humour? :frown:
Chemicals
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8065
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:51 am

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by landrew » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:21 pm

Image
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

User avatar
Wordbird
Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Wordbird » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:03 am

Gord wrote:
landrew wrote: You need to lay off using the funny stuff for awhile.
Humour? :frown:
There's a whole planet where humour is banned. Great place to live. I mean visit!

I swear, it's not gonna be like that other brochure and turn out to be awful.

Image

Blast it! That was the old one.

This one, I don't have a pamphlet for. Yet. But all emotions are banned and I swear it's wonderful.

User avatar
Wordbird
Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Wordbird » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:06 am

Wordbird wrote:Beavers poop strawberries. Not a joke. Real.

They eat wood, then they eat it again, then they poop strawberries.

If you say they don't I'm just going to throw down the facts and you're going to look really silly.
I really thought someone would bite on this one.

I shouldn't have posted this after I cleanly refuted that logic problem with the red and blue hats.

I could have said guillemots were unicorns.

:frown:

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9655
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Poodle » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:11 am

Wordbird wrote:Beavers poop strawberries. Not a joke. Real.

They eat wood, then they eat it again, then they poop strawberries.

If you say they don't I'm just going to throw down the facts and you're going to look really silly.
OK - you've worked really hard at it. No, they don't. Go ......

User avatar
Wordbird
Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Wordbird » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:54 am

Beavers harbour a type of bacteria in their gut that allows them to digest the cellulose found in wood, but the bacteria does not live far enough up the gut for the beaver to make any use of this digestion. The beaver is forced to re-ingest its poop in order to absorb the digested nutrients.

https://news.softpedia.com/news/Nature- ... 2404.shtml
Beavers' cecum has three lobes harboring microorganisms that digest cellulose; like other rodents, beavers also eat their first round of feces ("caecotrophy").

They eat wood, then they eat it again.

Then they make something called castoreum.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/be ... f44a9ed259

This castoreum comes out the back end of the beaver and humans eat it for strawberries.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/castoreum/
Castoreum as a food additive is classified by the Food and Drug Administration as “generally recognized as safe” (GRAS), and therefore food manufacturers don’t always have to include castoreum in their ingredients lists and may instead refer to it as “natural flavoring.”

See these strawberries? No way to know if beavers pooped 'em or not.

Image

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9655
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Poodle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:29 am

OK. Beavers are dishonest, conniving bastards! But let's face it - where would the world be without beavers?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 14753
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:13 pm

We would be...……………………...beaverless. I can't contemplate that.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11193
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by OlegTheBatty » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:04 pm

Poodle wrote:OK. Beavers are dishonest, conniving bastards! But let's face it - where would the world be without beavers?
Don't bandy this about too much. Ferriners will start figuring out the real reason it is our national symbol.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 14753
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:56 pm

lmftfy: "Don't bandy this about too much. Ferriners Furriers will start figuring out the real reason it is our national symbol."
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31884
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Funny, but not jokes, images or videos.

Post by Gord » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:26 am

Toast, anyone?

https://www.burntimpressions.com/produc ... us-toaster

It burns the image of Jeebus right onto your toast so you don't have to wait for those inconventiently timed God miracles.

"Shipping Personalized Toast Art Worldwide since 2010!"

You can also get a toaster that puts your own image on your toast: https://www.burntimpressions.com/produc ... ie-toaster

...or anyone else you want on your toast, I guess.

Disclaimer from the website: "Some images are near impossible to get on a slice of bread. Logos, Non Human Animals, Inanimate Objects can be difficult. Contact me if you have any questions. I crop and edit the images for best results on toast. It's what I do..."
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Post Reply