God, the FSM, and everything else.
Upton_O_Goode
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Unlimited_Oracular_Guidance

Re: The Solution To The Mystery

Post by Upton_O_Goode » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:15 am

Lausten wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Lausten wrote:Ronald Reagan's son explained "Trump Derangement Syndrome", I'm not sure what the venue was. He said Trump hates the same people that they do. They got tired of trying to figure out why they were poor and sick, and they never really cared about others. They could explain why those others were poor; because they're lazy, they're not capable, they're not completely human. But when too many of them started doing better than they were, well, then something must really be wrong. The whole system must be wrong, so look for the guy who is pissing off everyone, he must be right. A friend of mine actually said that, "he's pissing off both sides so he must be doing something right".
I'm hearing the phrase used with two different and opposite meanings. Apparently, it was originally a way of describing the bizarre "reasoning" used by Trump supporters. But lately it's been turned around, and Trump himself is saying that his critics suffer from TDS. My Trump-supporting neighbor accuses me of having it in the latter sense. I'm sure he has it in the former.
Dilbert does Trump
I can't remember if I linked this before or not. It gets bizarre when he is explaining cognitive dissonance, then just dismissing things Trump said, or reinterpreting them to mean the opposite.
Be it said clearly: Adams is a {!#%@} moron. He once did a whole series on "remote viewing". In his own strip, of course, he's omnipotent, so he created a character he called "Dan, the narrow-minded scientist" and had that sock puppet say the things he'd like to imagine they are thinking, that is, denying evidence, pre-judging the outcome, and the like. Credulous people like Adams use the mantra of "open-mindedness" to go on forever clinging to spurious data, badly designed experiments, and out-and-out sophistry---anything to go on dreaming their dreams and not having to do the hard work of actually finding out how the world works and never having the assurance that you've got it right.
I don't know anything about quantum mechanics, but I know what I like.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:30 am

Like everything else....pick thru the whole of the thing to find items that inform you, give you pleasure and so forth. And ALWAYS APPRECIATE: you define yourself and can learn as much about yourself, from those issues you agree with as well as those you DISAGREE WITH.

To that end: I love Dilbert. I have been amazed at Dilberts "inside the machine" knowledge of how overly bureaucratized work places (don't) work. Had to have spent years in large corps to get that.....and while its exaggerated for comedy to make the point.....the POINT is there.

I haven't seen those issues you cite for calling Dilbert an idiot. Sounds like he is: on THOSE issues.....but not on the others? Why throw out the good because of the bad? In fact....I'd kinda like to see the bad. It would be fun to compare how he structures the good vs the bad? Is that different too, or is it just the subject matter.

There is expertise, skill, and insight....even when an issue is wrong. Enjoy the ride.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:51 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: I love Dilbert. I have been amazed at Dilberts "inside the machine" knowledge of how overly bureaucratized work places (don't) work. Had to have spent years in large corps to get that.....and while its exaggerated for comedy to make the point.....the POINT is there.
Dilbert is the product of Scott Adams' highly analytical mind. I'm sure that when he is given a personality test for the four temperaments, he falls firmly within the analytical quadrant, as I do. Inherently, we are lacking in most intuitive social skills and have to devise ways to train ourselves how to interact with other humans, not always successfully. But we do have "the knack" which empowers us to do incredible things with very little. Hand us a box of broken items, and we can have them all working in half an hour, using only a Swiss army knife. Give us a job of building a machine that can do everything with nothing? Child's play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8vHhgh6oM0
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:56 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
I haven't seen those issues you cite for calling Dilbert an idiot. Sounds like he is: on THOSE issues.....but not on the others? Why throw out the good because of the bad? In fact....I'd kinda like to see the bad. It would be fun to compare how he structures the good vs the bad? Is that different too, or is it just the subject matter.
It's what makes him dangerous. Kinda like Jordan Peterson. They are smart and well read and have insight into many things. People get enamored with that. Not everyone is as smart as you Bobbo and they can't separate out the crap. Once they find a guru, they want to stick with them and believe everything they say, no more need to learn, just listen to this one guy (and it's usually a guy). Don't check their sources, just be assured that since they are saying you can check their sources that they are right so you don't need to.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Not so fast...
It was usually a social engineer who was responsible for all the disastrous government programs over the years.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:56 pm

landrew wrote:Not so fast...
It was usually a social engineer who was responsible for all the disastrous government programs over the years.
A who? I must have missed that degree program when I was looking for career choices.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:01 pm

Lausten wrote:
A who? I must have missed that degree program when I was looking for career choices.
There's no degree in "social engineering." That's a term for someone who is involved in a Keynsian planned economy.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:36 am

Tax breaks and deregulation for the AlreadyTooRich is not a Keynesian planned economy....which has been suggested but never tried. aka: KPE is to have gubment spend $ when the economy dips (this is done all the time) BUT THEN: to pay the borrowed money back when the economy recovers (this was only done once under Clinton with pressure by the Pukes).

I find it thru the looking glass crazy for Trump to be suggesting another round of tax cuts for the AlreadyTooRich. Not even much talk of trickle down economics anymore. Its only right that Billionaires should get Millions in tax cuts so that the average working stiff can get $18.50 more in tax savings. We can apply it to the doubling of our health care deductible.…..if we can even keep the coverage.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:40 am

Lausten wrote: They are smart and well read and have insight into many things. People get enamored with that. Not everyone is as smart as you Bobbo and they can't separate out the crap.
Well........thanks??? BUT I'm not that smart. What might look like smart on many issues is a higher than normal dose of anti-authoritarianism and contrariness. That even might be too negative? The OTHER WAY to phrase it and look at it is that I decided very early in my life to take responsbility for my own situation aka: not blame anyone else and to recognize I was the pilot of my own airplane.

I invite everyone to join me.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:42 am

Ha, ha...…...thinking more (emoting more???...…...remembering more...…….) there is a real quick shortcut: Most of what we learn as kiddies is crap. Few of us throw off those shackles: what we accept before we think for ourselves.

Again: I invite everyone to join me.

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:20 pm

landrew wrote:
Lausten wrote:
There's no degree in "social engineering." That's a term for someone who is involved in a Keynsian planned economy.
Why didn't you just say "Keynsian". There are many ways to socially engineer.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Lausten wrote:
landrew wrote:
Lausten wrote:
Why didn't you just say "Keynsian". There are many ways to socially engineer.
Keynes wasn't really the worst. The government of France screwed their industrial revolution by trying to assume government control over all innovation and industry in the 19th century. Meanwhile, Britain sailed past them with a climate of free-wheeling capitalism and intellectual freedom.

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:16 am

placid wrote:
Lausten wrote:
placid wrote:
Lance Kennedy wrote:Matthew, myself and others here are skeptics. That means we adhere to rational and critical thinking. We reject religious, irrational and superstition based thinking. Simply, that means we believe only that which is based on credible evidence. Most of the stuff promulgated in this thread is not based on anything credible, so we reject it. Anyone who cannot handle our rejection of nonsense can find another forum where people are gullible enough to believe total bull-{!#%@}.
It seems there's an awful lot of thinking and believing going on around here.

Okay, where is the credible evidence of ''a thinker'', please show it?

and while your at it, please show the credible evidence of ''a believer'' and maybe kill two birds with one stone ..now,wouldn't that be very clever of you...will be awaiting the showings...when you can show, then I and only I will decide whether that showing is worthy of rejection or not. :shock:
The fact that you can't locate a "thinker" or define what "thinking" is, does not negate the value of thinking as we know it. What you are asking is for us to add "as we know it" to the end of every sentence. By pointing out the limits of our knowledge, you have accomplished nothing other than showing that neither or us is certain of anything. But what is "certain"? See, I can do it too.
Exactly what Advaita is saying...albeit in a different way...and is what I'm trying to point out, to those lunatics who reject Avaita, namely, that venomous viper that goes by the title Matthew.

I'm just trying to show people who choose to reject this common sense albeit put in a different context ..that is doesn't mean the view is woo...so I'm reminding the woo callers to remove the plank from their own eye before rejecting the common sense of anothers view point.

Lausten wrote:The words Lance choose have been defined and refined over centuries. Whole books are written on their meaning. We use them to navigate this existence. But you don't care about any of that. You think that since you figured out that we don't know anything for certain, that makes you smarter, that puts you in some higher plain of wisdom and enlightenment, that it gives you the power to decide what definitions are "worthy". Sorry Mr. Guru, you've been exposed. :lol:
I'm not trying to be smarter you insecure one. I could say that about you when you feel the urgent need to respond to everything I say, in order to make what I say less important in order that yours is. In other words, you are being a hypocrite by crushing everything I say to make you look like the more knowledgable one ...and you are too thick to see that plank in your own eye..and is what I'm trying to point out.

No one is enlightened, everything is enlightenment. It's not something to get, you suggested it is, not me, you are defensive as usual.

I want to express myself like anyone else here, and all I get is abuse after abuse after abuse, as if you people have got something to defend. I happen to like expressing the truth that is nondual reality.

So, everything you have said in your respnse to me, is the Same thing Advaita is saying, albeit in a different contex ..so that doesn't mean Advaita is Woo.

Calling my veiw woo doesn't mean it is. I can just as easy call your view woo too...how are we going to know who is RIGHT or WRONG?

Do people actually exist just to make fun of each others ideas, and slap them down so low for ever having the courage to think outside the box ...is that all we are good for? is that the best a human being can do?

Don't you think that is pathetic? I know I am guilty of name calling as well, in defence, but all I'm trying to show is that we don't have to live in a world like that...lets all just sling mud in each others eyes, that will be fun then won't it, can we ever see clearly, all of us? Who do we think we are fighting with?

I'm just trying to show people who choose to reject this common sense that we all share and know, aka knowledge ..that just because it's expressed in a different context ..it doesn't mean that view is woo...so I'm reminding the woo callers to remove the plank from their own eye before rejecting the common sense of anothers view point.

No one can expose that which does not exist except as a concept.

Any tom dick and harry knows a concept, but can the knower of every concept be known ..that is another story.
This article here is criticizing people exactly like you, who don't understand the religion of advaita:
https://realitymaps.com/2012/12-advaitarevisited.html

read it, please.
Last edited by mirror93 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
:paladin:

mirror93
Poster

Post by mirror93 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:23 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
oppressor wrote:it's clear to me that Placid is not pushing any agenda
Placid pushed Adolf Hitler's innocence and then attempted to delete the posts. Advaita cult followers follow the neo-nazi woman Savitri Devi
placid wrote: Where do people get the information that Hitler was a nasty Jew-killer?
placid wrote: Do your own research into the truth of Hitler's Germany?
placid wrote: Hitler had to do something, He was a leader trying to protect his country,
placid wrote: Hitler was coerced into war by forces higher up on the political chessboard,
placid wrote: we cannot hold him entirely responsible for what happened. Hitler was not the baddie that people make him out to be
oppressor wrote:So she repeats it to brainwash herself...but does she really believes in it?? NO...that's why she repeats it in forums, for confirmation...
I agree with you that Placid's posts are only there as Placid needs to justify her own existence to herself. Everyone else here simply laughs at Placid. However that is pretty common for all the idiots who post weird claims on this forum. They need to prove to themselves they have something to say when they don't have anything to say at all.

Also, pragmatically, as the Advaita cult is dying out, there is no Advaita forum for Placid to post in. That's why we have had roughly ten Advaita followers post here over recent years. :D
last month, ,after a bit of research I've found where placid was coming from... I never had a facebook account (only twitter), but I think I've found her there and asked my friend to send her a msg to see if it was really her (she deactivated the account)...
but as one would have expected... placid is part of groups who hate people and deny that people are even conscious. her friends compare people with objects, like televisions and ice-creams, they claim they are inside "everything" but also made of it and the same as it, and that they are not inside a body, and that they are not people, only others are people, and that people can be compared to objects.
And if you enter in these groups you also have to stop being a person and have to be in the "everything" mantra.. it's like a hypnosis,and you must repeat the mantra everyday......they are all absolutely nuts. What would you expect? That's where you get the love for Hitler..comparing people to objects
Last edited by mirror93 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
:paladin:

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:10 am

I think Placid has just fizzled out this time, rather than announcing her departure, stamping her feet, holding her breath and slamming the door.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:39 pm

I've met a lot of people over the years who had good things to say about Hitler. But most of them are dead and gone by now. More of them had German last names, I'd say. I never claimed to understand holocaust denial, but I'm sure there is a degree of hero-worship, and secret admiration for the "bad boy."
In reality, the world very nearly slipped over the edge, and would have been a nightmare world run by psychopaths, headed by a man who was clearly insane. They may have had their faults, but we owe a lot to the tireless efforts of Winston Churchill and FDR, that we have the freedoms of today.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:05 pm

Holocaust Denial is actually a good thing. Its an admission the Holocuast was "bad." You can see the Neo-Nazi's in USA today saying the Holocaust was "good." Whole different Fish there. So, once again tried and true divisive issues are brought forth for those who wish it to grab power. Has a more "corporate" flavor than the Hitler version....but much the same goals.

No one would rather be Russian......just two dumb asses making a point they don't realize.

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:48 pm

Yes it's an empowerment thing. Neo-nazis are generally the poorest, least intelligent and disadvantaged in society, who see their association with Hitler as a way to empower themselves. Getting drunk, and painting a swastika on the local synagogue during the night is their way of counting coup.

In reality, if Hitler had succeeded, he would have had these guys removed from the gene-pool by eugenics.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Well....being easily led....I assume Hitler would have put them in charge of the camps...……….In which, you and I could continue this discussion...………..

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:05 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Well....being easily led....I assume Hitler would have put them in charge of the camps...……….In which, you and I could continue this discussion...………..
The camps were a temporary solution. I'm sure the Nazi breeding programs would have solved the labor shortages by now.

oppressor

Post by oppressor » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:07 pm

there is another troll in another forum posting repeated poems of "Nothing" and "Everything", exactly like placid, also in some other forums other sockpuppets doing the same, I thought it wasn't but smells like an operation done on forums. This guy I mentioned now confessed to me via PM that he has an agenda to promote the religion of "I am". I think these people are believers in gnosticism, are the same those who promote shitty conspiracies and think we all are asleep in the matrix, and they are like "trying to wake us up" from the "lie of duality" :roll: (It's a mix of Seth with 'I am that I am' book from indian gurus)
Guess it's time for these trolls be exposed.
Last edited by oppressor on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:21 pm

Hardly an agenda, oppressor, which would take a little bit of organisation. It's second-hand non-dualism and you'll find it all over the net, usually espoused by people who are not comfortable with any kind of intellectual challenge. It's a simplistic way of looking at reality (although its adherents object to that description) but, rather than just getting on with it and living a simple non-dual life, a few of them behave in a more militaristic fashion, invading various fora to tell the members all about the error of their ways. Invariably, they become embroiled in heated discussions, make complete tits of themselves, become aggressive, then leave. Placid is just a tad different as she keeps coming back for more punishment.
This, too, shall pass.