It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Where no two people are likely to agree.
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: It's the Donnydämmerung! (new Trump thread)

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed May 16, 2018 6:24 pm

JO 753 wrote:Do both! Laf on the left side uv your fase, cry on the rite.

Ive never heard that one before. My favorite is to make a smile across your butt and do cartwheels.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed May 16, 2018 8:23 pm

So Dumpy disclosed payment(s?) he made to Cohen that he "lawfully overlooked" in the earlier filing (apparently an investigable offense). Whaddaya wanna bet that his reporting does not exactly match up with Cohen's records, now under scrutiny.

Lard, save me from your followers.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 pm

The FBI named the pre-election investigation into the campaign "Crossfire Hurricane"? They knew about Stormy! :lol:

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu May 17, 2018 2:38 am

:| Trump on deported immigrants: “They’re not people. They’re animals.”

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu May 17, 2018 4:20 am

Mercer me, looks like the Sturmbannonführer and Cambridge Analprobe are being... Imageed. (Thanks, Gawd. :heh:)

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu May 17, 2018 5:40 am

...and also seems Goldstone set up at least one other meeting between teams Trump and Natalya V. in the fall of 2016.

It's in his released emails (pp38 - 43) and I don't recall if that was known but also I haven't found any reporting on it yet... everyone seems focused on and to be talking about the infamous June meeting, even though he complained about having been investigated about this one or, possibly, yet another one ("set up in October").

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu May 17, 2018 6:59 am

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/ju ... B1DPnBxYAA

Judge: Special counsel had authority to prosecute Manafort

Special counsel Robert Mueller was working within his authority when he brought charges against President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, a federal judge in Washington ruled Tuesday....

Note that this was U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson in Washington, and not District Judge T.S. Ellis in Virginia who a couple of days ago angrily accused the special counsel of just trying to hurt Trump: https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/04/politics ... index.html
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: Unlimited_Oracular_Guidance

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Thu May 17, 2018 11:27 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Mercer me, looks like the Sturmbannonführer and Cambridge Analprobe are being... Imageed. (Thanks, Gawd. :heh:)

Just when Faux Noise is whining about the "never-ending" Mueller probe. (Remind me again: How long was Ken Starr doing an anal probe of the Clinton Administration?)
"Musica est exercitium arithmeticae occultum nescientis se numerare animi." (Music is a mysterious exercise of the numerical art by a mind that does not realize it is counting.)

Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz (1646--1716), in a letter of April 17, 1712 to Christian Goldbach (1690--1764)

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Thu May 17, 2018 11:30 am

scrmbldggs wrote::| Trump on deported immigrants: “They’re not people. They’re animals.”

Saw that! This is the level we've sunk to: A President can behave like an absolute pig and go UP in the polls as a result. We might as well be back with the Borgias or Caligula.
"Musica est exercitium arithmeticae occultum nescientis se numerare animi." (Music is a mysterious exercise of the numerical art by a mind that does not realize it is counting.)

Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz (1646--1716), in a letter of April 17, 1712 to Christian Goldbach (1690--1764)

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I guess it’s always good as a reminder:

https://www.salon.com/2018/05/15/trumps-evangelical-base-sees-doomsday-prophecy-in-gaza-violence-and-theyre-thrilled/

Evangelicals want a man to bring about the end of the world so they can ascend to heaven and sit at the right hand of their Father.

I’m glad I wasn’t raised like that.

Not that they actually have any thoughts, as such, but to the extent that they try to have thoughts, they are reasoning that we were just on the brink of being swallowed up in a one-world government centered in the UN, when---Praise the Lord!---Trump was elected and derailed the sinister plot. As for Trump, yes, he used to be a terrible sinner, but now he's been saved---Praise the Lord! Amen!----and has been Washed White as Snow in the Blood of the Lamb. And about his current behavior, it's all good. Praising Nazis, calling immigrants animals, lying continuously, breaking every promise he made about health care, defending Putin,...., that's all GOOD! And never mind that he never goes to church. Presidents don't have time to do that.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu May 17, 2018 3:03 pm

It's not about the carnal flesh. It's about the final cash their new miracle marketing tool materializes.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Thu May 17, 2018 3:56 pm

scrmbldggs wrote::| Trump on deported immigrants: “They’re not people. They’re animals.”

------he was talking about the ms13 gang members who have committed crimes.... guess you guys don't mind illegal gang members' crimes...
Last edited by gorgeous on Thu May 17, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu May 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Probably the biggest bomb set off by Trump to date, and not getting the coverage as such YET:

Trump helps sanctioned Chinese phone maker after China delivers a big loan to a Trump project
Trump stands to gain from an Indonesian project that got a $500 million loan right before he flip-flopped on ZTE.

Read about the initial motivation but what is interesting is the minimal follow up I have seen. ===>TRADE. Its complicated you know? To wit, I thought all our electronics, toys, etc where made in China because it was cheaper AND China had access to all the resources cheaper than anyone else. I recall all the talk about China stiffling America with its hold over rare earth metals. Well....the reason China is screaming is because what happened is that an unknown fact to me was that there are key critical electronic components in the products that ZTE makes that are only provided by the USA. Who knew THAT????? So, when USA stopped sending those parts to China, ZTE had to shut down its production line, lay off 75,000 workers and wait for bankruptcy. But...a mere loan to advantage Trump, and we are back to normal?

Gee, it seems to me some world class negotiator might ask for something more than a minor personal benefit?

But thats not the big deal. According to Max Keiser on Russian TV....Europe is now WOKE to just how vulnerable their basic economies are to the USA denying them access to certain products. The threat of a ZTE denial very real now as part of the USA Sanction program for anyone that chooses to trade with Iran. So, big talk now of re-evaluating what goods/services need to be controlled by the EU and not looked to the USA........and here is the even BIGGER DEAL: this includes the use of the DOLLAR for international exchanges.....the iron fist in the glove of American Exceptionalism.

The real power mechanisms of the USA could well be destroyed by Trump....even if he was removed from office right now....much more, the time he will have left to feather his own nest on the assumption he won't go to jail.

Greed. Its why we 99% can't have nice stuff...........

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... -lido-city ////

Keiser gave a good explanation how the likely loss of currency leader could lead to general inflation and a turn to Bit Coin type exchanges. I flat out don't understand the Bit Coin phenomenon or how it is so transparent as to prevent all the frauds possible with fiat currency....but so far, its what every sources says. The newest cabal for the 21st Century? ......... Grab your socks.
Last edited by bobbo_the_Pragmatist on Thu May 17, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Thu May 17, 2018 3:58 pm

The Associated Press
(@AP)

AP has deleted a tweet from late Wednesday on Trump’s “animals” comment about immigrants because it wasn’t made clear that he was speaking after a comment about gang members.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Monster » Thu May 17, 2018 4:07 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:

Saw that! This is the level we've sunk to: A President can behave like an absolute pig and go UP in the polls as a result. We might as well be back with the Borgias or Caligula.

I listened to the audio of Trump calling illegal aliens "animals". I agree with gorgeous on this one. Even without any additional context, it's pretty obvious he's not talking about all illegal aliens, but rather just dangerous criminals.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Thu May 17, 2018 4:29 pm

'animals' 2017 Trump describes how the gang members like to cut people so they will die slowly... https://youtu.be/z95Cllmvijc

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu May 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Ever get the feeling that too much of what we get as news is slanted in some way? My interest: how much of it is intentional vs how much is just the rush to be first.......and maybe, how much is intentional but for the bi-partisan purpose of catching eyeballs and ears?

aka: it happens all too often.....but the only remedy that makes sense is: MORE SPEECH.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Thu May 17, 2018 4:35 pm

fox producer said it was her job to promote the Iraq war and she did a good job at it....yes liberal news is biased too ...all rabid Trump haters frothing at the mouth...

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu May 17, 2018 7:03 pm

House Rep. (forgot his face) on closing their unfruitful investigation (prematurely): "We couldn't interview all of the witnesses because so many are under indictment from the Mueller probe."

Nothing to see here, move along. :lol:

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Thu May 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Monster wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:

I listened to the audio of Trump calling illegal aliens "animals". I agree with gorgeous on this one. Even without any additional context, it's pretty obvious he's not talking about all illegal aliens, but rather just dangerous criminals.

Well, you can see the full transcript at TPM. It's quite clear that his remark is a general remark. He doesn't reference just "criminals." And why is it necessary to use the word "animals" about people in ANY context?

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Thu May 17, 2018 8:46 pm

Freudian slip! I was just sipping a beer at a bar, after a LONG morning of coping with a new computer that arrived with no app drivers installed, and MSNBC was covering the confirmation hearing. The reporter was saying that "six Democrats" sided with the Republicans, but the closed-caption on the screen said they were "sick Democrats." And I thought, yes, they probably are.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu May 17, 2018 9:06 pm

One keeps hearing from those who'd want the investigation shut down, and those who marvel at what it already has accomplished. Team Mueller is outstanding, but he might well say at the end of it that those arrogant yahoos made it very easy. :-P

We're not gonna win - no one is going to take a second look at what we did.

Oops, we won - but he's gonna be Resident, what can go wrong?! He "has all power"...

And I can't even imagine the shock the already investigating IC found itself in when that happened.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu May 17, 2018 9:21 pm

As a lover of words and the nuance they allow, I read the words at Eggs link https://www.vox.com/2018/5/16/17362870/ ... ontext-why and agree that in a vacuum it is a general statement applying to all (illegal-?) immigrants.

But with a certain general animosity towards that group, if not all immigrants except for Models and Trophy Wives, he was responding to a specific concern regarding M-13.

On balance............He's still Trump.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu May 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Yeah, he confirmed today that that is his favorite description...

Just heard a Congressman (on Melber) mention that it seems with Dumpy, it's usually the same sequence: immigrants are MS13 are animals. And with that, he might mean all (illegal?) immigrants when he makes such disparaging comments. :(

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu May 17, 2018 11:17 pm

I just heard someone claim it was Mueller who colluded with the Russians. :falloff:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu May 17, 2018 11:21 pm

To frame the Raunchy Rabbit, no doubt. :lol:

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:27 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:And why is it necessary to use the word "animals" about people in ANY context?

I no! its an egrejeous insult to animalz.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri May 18, 2018 2:55 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Yeah, he confirmed today that that is his favorite description...

Just heard a Congressman (on Melber) mention that it seems with Dumpy, it's usually the same sequence: immigrants are MS13 are animals. And with that, he might mean all (illegal?) immigrants when he makes such disparaging comments. :(

Well, if we aren't going to talk about the open and blatant Trump demand for quid pro quo access regarding the Trade Status of Qatar, what should we think Trump means when he flip flops between all illegal immigrants are bad then some of them are good people but they still have to follow the law? On closer read, IN THE CONTEXT of responding to several questions about MS-13, your link has a fuller quote of "You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals."

THIS time, he was referencing MS-13. aka: they are the really bad ones. And yes.....they are animals......animals mostly created by the USA Criminal "Justice" system......but hey....it a step along the way to Feudal 1% we got going here.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 18, 2018 2:58 am

Seems Bill Gates confirms my suspicion that Dumpy uses his green winged machine as a taxi for the dramatic effect of flying in vs arriving by car. He said he drove away only to fly right back to the same location. :rotfl:

And where would it leave his beloved holler performances for the helipad paparazzi, if he just rolled outta there...

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri May 18, 2018 3:06 am

That was a funny Bill told about Trump: that he asked what the difference was between HIV and HVP. The man is a scholar for sure.

((Late Edit: make that HIV AND HPV.))
Last edited by bobbo_the_Pragmatist on Fri May 18, 2018 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 18, 2018 4:20 am

:hmm: I think they can both be deadly. One is just a little faster. :-P

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 18, 2018 4:48 am

I do hope there will come a day when Qatar will kick the grifters out of bldg 666, which, to all appearances, they just funded to release last year's sudden stranglehold on their country. :evil:

Upton_O_Goode
Persistent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Fri May 18, 2018 10:02 am

JO 753 wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:And why is it necessary to use the word "animals" about people in ANY context?

I no! its an egrejeous insult to animalz.

We do use animals as metaphors for human behavior. But it's one thing to do this in the case of specific behavior by a specific person. It's another thing entirely to sling the comparison loosely at a whole group of people and then say, "Oh, I only meant the criminals among them." Normally, by this time in his office, a President has learned to use caution when he opens his mouth. But then the word normal is completely inappropriate in the case of Trump.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri May 18, 2018 3:03 pm

awww ...upset for gang members who torture, abuse and kill....... invite your sweet friends to spend the night.... usatoday----Inside the shallow grave, a shredded, bloodstained sweatshirt hinted at a horrific crime.

“The victim had been stabbed over one-hundred times, decapitated, dismembered, and his heart had been excised from his chest and thrown into the grave,” Montgomery County detectives wrote in court papers made public last month.

The grisly details drew widespread attention.

“Satanic murder,” declared a headline in the Sun.

Authorities haven’t said why the unidentified victim was mutilated, but the British tabloid could, perhaps, be forgiven for jumping to conclusions.

According to police, the killing was the work of La Mara Salvatrucha: a violent street gang known as MS-13 with a long history of satanism. ---------- Within months of arriving, Del Cid was involved in a string of brutal attacks. He admitted to stabbing a 12-year-old boy in the chest “just to scare him” — “if I had wanted to kill him, I would have gone [for] his neck,” he said — pulling a gun on another teen, robbing a drug dealer, attacking a one-armed man with a hammer and making plans to kill two people, including another MS-13 member.

In October 2013, when Del Cid was 17, he helped murder a fellow gang member suspected of snitching, he said. But the body proved too big for the shallow grave in Holmes Run Park in Fairfax County.

“So we grabbed the machete and began to go at the legs,” Del Cid testified. “And then we doubled them over and stuck them in the hole as well.”

Del Cid and other gang members later dug up the body and moved it deeper into the woods, covering it in acid “to dissolve the body more quickly,” he said. A couple of months later, when he was 18, Del Cid helped kill another gang member suspected of stealing from the gang and sleeping with another gang member’s girlfriend. The victim’s head was cut off and buried with his body in a shallow grave, again in Holmes Run Park.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 18, 2018 3:16 pm

We know you get off on such lovely details. And on the prospect of the "shock factor". Guess what, troll, you can't shock anyone on this forum with your hobby.
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Fri May 18, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri May 18, 2018 3:18 pm

invite your ms13 friends troll...

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri May 18, 2018 3:19 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri May 18, 2018 3:22 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote: It's another thing entirely to sling the comparison loosely at a whole group of people and then say, "Oh, I only meant the criminals among them."

Yeah, except ms-13 is a gang of criminals......unless you think the Hell's Angels is also a social club.

Silly.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri May 18, 2018 3:25 pm

MS-13 Gang Leader Murdered 14-Year-Old Texas Boy With Machete

The leader of a Houston area MS-13 gang was convicted in a Texas criminal district court in connection with the murder of a 14-year-old Texas boy. The murder was carried out with the use of a machete as four gang members hacked the boy to death, Breitbart Texas reported.

Jose Granados-Guevara, 23, was convicted by state district court Judge Terry Mlenniken following a three-day bench trial. The judge sentenced Granados-Guevara to spend 99 years in a state prison.

9. MS-13 Members Charged with Machete Attacks in U.S.

Three MS-13 gang members living in the Long Island town of Westbury have been charged with attempted murder following their alleged involvement with two machete attacks, Breitbart Texas reported.

Brothers Fidel Hernandez, 23, Jose Hernandez, 26, along with Miguel Urias Arguenta, 18, are now facing murder charges following two separate attacks–including one which involved a 19-year-old male victim. -----MS-13 Pimp Ordered Baseball Bat Beating of Underage ‘Prostitute’

Prosecutors in Montgomery County, Maryland, charged a known MS-13 leader for ordering the beating of a 15-year-old girl with a baseball bat who had been forced into prostitution. Two other Salvadoran nationals are also named in the case.

Law enforcement officials said that Miguel Angel “Noctorno” Ayala-Rivera, a 24-year-old MS-13 member who illegally entered the U.S. from El Salvador, ordered his fellow gang members to beat a 15-year-old girl with a baseball bat. “Noctorno” reportedly pimped out the victim along with other underage girls, Breitbart Texas reported.

2. MS-13 Gang Beheaded Victim — Cut out His Heart, Say Maryland Police

A gang of 10 MS-13 members brutally murdered a Maryland man by stabbing more him than 100 times, beheading and dismembering him, and cutting out his heart, Maryland detectives say. The victim has yet to be positively identified and police are asking for help from the community, Breitbart Texas reported.

Court documents obtained by ABC 7 News in Washington, D.C., reveal the brutal details of the ambush and murder allegedly carried out by an informant and nine other MS-13 members. The attack is believed to have been carried out by the gang in early spring this year, officers write in the Statement of Charges.

Return to “Politics and Government”