You Can't Make this Stuff Up

Laugh it up...
Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

You Can't Make this Stuff Up

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:47 am

“It is estimated that North Korean laborers in Russia send between $150-$300 million annually to Pyongyang. Now is the time for Russia to take action: Moscow should immediately and fully implement all the U.N. sanctions that it has signed on to.” :lol:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nort ... SKBN1KO076
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Re: You Can't Make this Stuff Up

Post by Monster » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:42 am

You used a laughing emoji. So what do you think of that article? What’s the funny part?
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:22 pm

I read it as an ironic laugh. Russia agrees to sanctions then pumps money into NORK. There's a reason the Imperial Russian flag had a two-faced eagle on it.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:51 pm

I just find it's funny that the UN (US) is concerned (I find the term "concerned citizens" hysterical, too. A weird sense of humor, I admit.) about what hard-working Korean immigrants do with the money they earn. :mrgreen:
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:09 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I read it as an ironic laugh. Russia agrees to sanctions then pumps money into NORK. There's a reason the Imperial Russian flag had a two-faced eagle on it.

Russians agreed to UN sanctions on themselves? Maybe they were just kidding. Has the US or Israel ever complied with UN demands?

Apparently China didn't agree:
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/08/ ... 24860.html

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:11 am

Tom Palven wrote:I just find it's funny that the UN (US) is concerned (I find the term "concerned citizens" hysterical, too. A weird sense of humor, I admit.) about what hard-working Korean immigrants do with the money they earn. :mrgreen:
The workers mostly don't get paid by Russia. The North Korean Government gets paid by Russia., reducing historical loans from Russia to North Korea. The North Korean government then pays the workers family in North Korea an additional amount or holds it in trust for the workers. This is to stop the North Korean workers defecting with savings.

It is similar to the South Korean government paying the North Korea government for North Korean workers at the Kaesong Industrial Region.

Try doing some basic research next time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaesong_Industrial_Region
As of April 2013, 123 South Korean companies were employing approximately 53,000 DPRK workers and 800 ROK staff. Their wages, totalling $90 million each year, had been paid directly to the North Korean government.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Post by Tom Palven » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:02 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:I just find it's funny that the UN (US) is concerned (I find the term "concerned citizens" hysterical, too. A weird sense of humor, I admit.) about what hard-working Korean immigrants do with the money they earn. :mrgreen:
The workers mostly don't get paid by Russia. The North Korean Government gets paid by Russia., reducing historical loans from Russia to North Korea. The North Korean government then pays the workers family in North Korea an additional amount or holds it in trust for the workers. This is to stop the North Korean workers defecting with savings.

It is similar to the South Korean government paying the North Korea government for North Korean workers at the Kaesong Industrial Region.

Try doing some basic research next time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaesong_Industrial_Region
As of April 2013, 123 South Korean companies were employing approximately 53,000 DPRK workers and 800 ROK staff. Their wages, totalling $90 million each year, had been paid directly to the North Korean government.

And this is a problem for the Concerned Citizens of the US and Australia?

I'm reminded of a time that an electrician was working on the house and somehow the conversation turned to gay marriage. I asked him "Do you really care whether a couple of gays get married or not" and he said "Of course I do!"

So, of course Korean-Russian relations are a problem for the Concerned Citizens of the US and Australia.

Say no more! :mrgreen:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

You Can't Make Tom Palven's post's u

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:46 am

Tom Palven wrote:And this is a problem for the Concerned Citizens of the US and Australia?
You retard!!! You made the opening post as a US citizen. Tom. Accuracy, research and evidence is what we do. You should learn those words one day

How were your economics courses at Cornell University?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom Palven wrote:So, of course Korean-Russian relations are a problem for the Concerned Citizens of the US and Australia.
You voted Trump in and he made the offer to North Korea. Did you forget again? Your Alzheimer s is getting worse. You made the opening post about Trump and North Korea you complete idiot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about you go away and post on a Libertarian Forum......Oh that's right....you are here to simply spread Russian talk points... :lol: :lol:

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:06 am

Tom Palven wrote:
Russians agreed to UN sanctions on themselves? l
No.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:20 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:Russians agreed to UN sanctions on themselves?
No.
Uh-oh. Does Trump know that?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Gord wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:Russians agreed to UN sanctions on themselves?
No.
Uh-oh. Does Trump know that?
The Russians agreed to the sanctions on the NORKs. RIF

landrew
Has More Than 8K Posts

Post by landrew » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:14 pm

If Trump really is in Putin's pocket, Putin would be the one calling the shots on what Trump should do to maintain public appearances. When Trump called the airstrike on the Russian base in Syria, it was already abandoned by the Russians.
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.