Humanz Too Stoopid

Who else knows what we know, Jerry?
JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Humanz Too Stoopid

Post by JO 753 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:19 am

Japan Timez: Shoko Asahara executed

He'z the guy who started the Aum Shinrikyo doomzday cult in Japan that did the sarin gas attack in the subway. Six other partisipants were also hung.

Frum the article:
By around October 1988, the number of lay followers surged to between 3,000 and 4,000 and that of live-in followers was estimated at between 100 and 200.

In that period, the cult had head offices in Tokyo and Kamikuishiki, a village in Yamanashi Prefecture. It also had branch offices in Osaka, Fukuoka, Nagoya, Sapporo, New York and Russia.

In the vast compound in Kamikuishiki at the foot of Mount Fuji, Aum Shinrikyo, under the instruction of Asahara, built and operated a chemical plant to mass-produce sarin and another to assemble illegal automatic rifles.
How do you get 4,000 peepl to go along with your demented mass murder plan? Do you troll slumz to recruit slack jaw drug addicts, prizon release gates for career criminalz, mental institutionz for brain damajd sycopaths?

No:
The doomsday cult successfully recruited a number of highly educated young people, including doctors and scientists, some of whom took part in the crimes ...
I'm not saying there werent any slack jawed drug addicts, career criminalz or brain damajd sycopaths, I say the differens between them and the sientists, doctorz, etc iz not a big factor in determining suseptability to insane danjerous nonsens. Hyoomanz are inherently idiots. Even in Japan, a nation comprized uv the smartest versionz uv humanz on Earth, you can still start a seksesful doomzday cult!

I wuz considering posting this in the Nooalf thred, contrasting it my complete failure to gain any activ 'followerz' to a movement to improve the jeneral mental helth uv the human rase, but figured it woud be ignored by most and perseevd az sour grapes by anybody hoo red it.

Besidez, its probably my powerful talent at antisalez thats really to blame.

Perhaps more appropriately, I considered posting it in the Skeptic Activizm topic. Altho there iz a sort uv low level following for the Skeptic's Society and other fact & lojik based groups, its nothing like all uv the many relijunz az a % uv the population or the intensity uv many memberz.

Thus the title - hyoomanz are too stoopid, but I wundr wut we are too stoopid for?
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Re: Humanz Too Stoopid

Post by Aztexan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:27 am

For to survive for many longer
trump is Putin's bitch

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:51 am

...if we allowed to govern ourselvz without help.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:52 pm

Humans are not stupid. My statement is based on the realisation that smart and stupid are entirely relative terms. Relative to any other Earthly animal, humans are smart.

Of course, relative to Albert Einstein, most humans (including me) are stupid. You have to state your referent before making a silly comment like " Humans are stupid. "

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:12 am

Gee....without an expressed referent, isn't the unavoidable inference that hoomans are stupid compared to what we would wish them to be? Ha, ha.....kinda leaves you as a singularity????
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:39 am

What you wish them to be is a somewhat amorphous and fuzzy idea. Not really suitable for a skeptic discussion.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:02 am

This guy wasn`t stupid - he was a successful salesman turned cult leader - becoming rich, able to appropriate sex from his followers, powerful, etc. His lieutenants benefitted similarly... Only those brought in at the bottom were misguided.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:53 am

Not unique. Joseph Smith who began the Mormons was a convicted swindler who used his religious teachings to get both money and sex. It also looks, from the histories, as if Mohammed was cut from the same cloth.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:24 am

Lance Kennedy wrote:What you wish them to be is a somewhat amorphous and fuzzy idea. Not really suitable for a skeptic discussion.
And yet, here you are discussing it. But you say its not suitable to discuss????? Heh, heh: "I" have higher standards for my own discussions....... or would that be for myself?

Is it all a delusion?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:15 am

Bobbo

You can do better. You are, I hope, smart enough to post discussion material based on data rather than such emotional claptrap as your wishes. The question of whether humans are smart or stupid depends on what we compare them to. The only things we can do this with are other animals, and on that comparison, humans are smart.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:15 am

You are taking a useless perspectiv, Lance.

The way to juj stupid or smart iz to compare the action taken to the ideal action, wich can be dun based on facts & lojik.

Plus, its not hard to imajin smarter beingz than us, az Bobbo pointed out. Or you coud take the smartest humanz az an exampl that clearly showz that 99.9% uv us are idiots.

Its not only about intellectual power. The consept uv 'wizdom' shinez a more revealing lite on thingz. A sparrow can be seen az wizer than the mizerabl chump hoo gets up at 5 am to spend 12 owrz breathing fumez in a factory 6 dayz a week. A common squirrel coud ask 'wujyu do dat for?' about the entire product uv our speciez for the last 100,000 yirz and therez no ansr you coud offer that he coudnt refute.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:00 pm

I dunnno... dat squirrel been plantin nuts he will never profit from. Big waste of energy and a good nut too.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:27 pm

SWRL: "XU NUTS i BeRE & DONT DIG UP LATR oR aN INVeSTMeNT IN FYQCR TREZ. Mi STRaTIJE HaZ 20,000,000 YIRZ UV SeKSeS TQ PRQV ITS WIZDUM." :D
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:38 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:Bobbo

You can do better. You are, I hope, smart enough to post discussion material based on data rather than such emotional claptrap as your wishes.
The one joke pony rides again? What data do you use to back your quoted claptrap up....with???
Lance Kennedy wrote:The question of whether humans are smart or stupid depends on what we compare them to.
Thats exactly what I said AND DID. What data are you looking for?
Lance Kennedy wrote: The only things we can do this with are other animals, and on that comparison, humans are smart.
No...just as I stated only for one example. Another might be the intelligence required to perform certain tasks...and testing what % of hoomans can peform? We did that in the Air Force.....after physical testing of eye sight and what not...intelligence was a firm requirement that most applicants could not meet. Course....that was a good thing for those of us who did. No rifle in the Big Muddy for me.....

Lance: you need to broaden your playlist.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:42 pm

I avoid quoting fiction as if it were real.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:59 pm

JO 753 wrote:SWRL: "XU NUTS i BeRE & DONT DIG UP LATR oR aN INVeSTMeNT IN FYQCR TREZ. Mi STRaTIJE HaZ 20,000,000 YIRZ UV SeKSeS TQ PRQV ITS WIZDUM." :D
The every definition of stupidity - doing something over and over again, with no gain and expecting a different outcome. :P

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:37 am

very. & insanity. & there iz gain.

Wut makes you think the skwrl iz expecting a different outkum?
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:04 am

TREZ r good, TREZ r good ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFJdUJg4wOk

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:13 pm

WTF?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:33 am

Thunderf00t's new video is on the comparative deadliness of sarin gas:

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:55 am

Gord wrote:Thunderf00t's new video is on the comparative deadliness of sarin gas:
Well yes. Sarin and all of the nerve agents aren't that deadly. That's the odd thing. When the Russians last admitted using sarin to kill Georgi Markov in 1978, it was shot into a bloke's leg as a pellet using a fake umbrella to get into the blood stream. It took four days for Markov to die.

In the current scenario, the assassins simply rubbed a nerve agent on the victim's door knob.....which doesn't make a lot of sense, considering the Russians knowledge on how the poison works. It was a bit amateurish.

I'm still suspicious that we are watching Russian oligarchs doing some knocking off and not the Russian government itself.

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:33 am

I thot Markov wuz poizoned with polonium.

The nerve ajent they uzed in London wuznt sarin, it wuz novichok. (iz that weponized chocolate? If so, I'd probably be immune to that.)
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:09 am

JO 753 wrote:I thot Markov wuz poizoned with polonium.
That was Alexander Litvinenko who was killed by an oligarch, who owned a polonium factory for camera lenses. Litvinenko was still working for the SVR.
JO 753 wrote:The nerve ajent they uzed in London wuznt sarin, it wuz novichok.
Novo means "new". "ick" sort of means "thing that does something." Novichok simply means "new type" and is a range of different nerve poisons. The British are asking Russia to say which one it is. :D

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:15 pm

More factoidz to make you wish to be a droid:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Litvinenko
A public inquiry began on 27 January 2015,[10] and concluded in January 2016 that Litvinenko's murder was an FSB operation, that was probably personally approved by Vladimir Putin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgi_Markov
Georgi Markov was assassinated on a London street via a micro-engineered pellet containing ricin, fired into his leg from an umbrella wielded by someone associated with the Bulgarian Secret Service. It has been speculated that they asked the KGB for help.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novichok_agent
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:14 am

A public inquiry began on 27 January 2015,[10] and concluded in January 2016 that Litvinenko's murder was an FSB operation, that was probably personally approved by Vladimir Putin.
Slight Problem. The FSB is the domestic intelligence agency for work in Russia. The SVR is the Russian foreign intelligence agency that works overseas.

Litvinenko was working for exiled Russian oligarch Boris Berezovsky in London. Russia convicted Berezovsky in exile after acquiring confidential evidence. Litvinenko was sacked by Berezovsky and assassinated the next year.

Polonium detected at Berezovsky's office
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/nov ... a.politics

JO 753
Has No Life

Post by JO 753 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:33 am

That seemz to be older info that may hav been superseeded by further investigationz. The link iz to a report from 2006 just after the event.

Its alarming that polonium 210 iz much more widely prezent than I thot. :shock:
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:02 am

JO 753 wrote:Its alarming that polonium 210 iz much more widely prezent than I thot.
It is used on camera lenses to keep dust off. It's not that rare. Guess which ex-Russian oligarch makes camera lenses.
https://www.americanelements.com/po.html

"Polonium-210 mixed or alloyed with beryllium is used in neutron sources. Polonium is also used to eliminate static electricity in machinery and to remove dust from camera lenses and film".