Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:17 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Poodle wrote:
placid wrote:... Then stop following me around pea doh.
I only just noticed this. How old are you, placid?
Apparently too old to notice this is an open forum. :senile:
No body gives a {!#%@} about children, just look at how the old people are treated. .. it's disgusting.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23919
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: somewhere

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:19 pm

What are you doing about it?
.
Lard, save me from your followers.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:21 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:God is a known concept
You misspelled 'invented.'
bye the way, just in case you thought you were being clever you made a big boo boo error, in the reply, I wonder if you know what it is?

Well, I'll tell you...a concept is known, the known is not an invention dummy. ..because concepts cannot invent anything, they do not exist.

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by placid » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:23 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:What are you doing about it?
Nothing, it's just human nature, what can I do to stop life happening the way it does, if I could stop life happening I would but I am life fool.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28741
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:27 pm

placid wrote:No one was born knowing anything,

Innate knowledge : Inherited knowledge that does not require learning. for example : breathing

I deleted the rest of your worthless post as it was wrong from the very start.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 14769
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:49 am

knowledge: 1. The psychological result of perception and learning and reasoning
2. Factual information that a person knows
3. The (technical) knowledge and skill required to do something

Breathing: The autonomic nervous system regulates certain body processes, such as blood pressure and the rate of breathing. This system works automatically (autonomously), without a person's conscious effort. bobboedit: or knowledge.

Matt: as always, I say you are too generous.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by placid » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:26 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
placid wrote:No one was born knowing anything,

Innate knowledge : Inherited knowledge that does not require learning. for example : breathing

I deleted the rest of your worthless post as it was wrong from the very start.
Yep, this is innate knowledge, ...it is not claimed knowledge. (big difference)

In other words it is no things knowledge aka everything's knowledge aka illusory knowledge aka imagined knowledge. aka a story coming and going in no thing...aka consciousness awareness that's always here.

I know what you are saying, but you are too stupid and stubborn to see that we are both saying the same things from different angles and contexts ...that's all.

so be it fool

User avatar
placid
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1402
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by placid » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:28 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Matt: as always, I say you are too generous.
Wrong, not claimed knowledge...innate knowledge. (big difference)

And yes, all generous, all giving, all knowing ...just the one unconditional love action dreaming difference where there is none.

So unconditional that you are free to murder your self...if that is your will ..it will be granted

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Posts: 14769
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:04 am

The point is: innate responses are not "knowledge" at all. Let the dictionary be a guide to some objective non-argumentative knowledge for your own journey in life.

..........and as always: take caution against making up words. Its an early sign of losing touch with reality.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by Nikki Nyx » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:08 pm

placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:God is a known concept
You misspelled 'invented.'
bye the way, just in case you thought you were being clever you made a big boo boo error, in the reply, I wonder if you know what it is?

Well, I'll tell you...a concept is known, the known is not an invention dummy. ..because concepts cannot invent anything, they do not exist.
I don't just think I was being clever; I know I was clever.

Look, learn some history already. Deities are inventions. Since they had no science, primitive humans created gods to explain natural phenomena. Early peoples invented a fertility goddess and a hunting god. Later, polytheism came into fashion, with a deity created for every concept, event, and place. Monotheism is relatively new, but just as much a product of human imagination.

Oh, and stop 'rudely and immaturely' calling me names, FFS. Or I'll return the favor, and my insults are much better than yours.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by Nikki Nyx » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:11 pm

placid wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
placid wrote:God is a known concept
You misspelled 'invented.'

No one cares.
Ooh...cut me to the quick with that one, placid. What's next?
Image
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22036
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:51 pm

Anybody got something for stomach placid? I've some really bad GERD going here.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11234
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:10 pm

Swallow a tablet.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 31948
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Letting go of Placid

Post by Gord » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:58 am

Are these new threads beginning to constitute spamming? They're all basically the same nonsense, repeated ad nauseam.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28741
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:19 pm

placid wrote:No body gives a {!#%@} about children, just look at how the old people are treated. .. it's disgusting.
Haris.jpg
It is indeed deeply disturbing. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3593
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by Lausten » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:42 am

placid wrote:No one was born knowing anything, no one was born with an attached label hanging from their finger indicating this is who I am. The I am doesn't have a label, it simply is and does not need to know it is to be. This is self-evident.

God is a known concept,it's another label known, because of what's written on the label in the form of language.. therefore all knowledge is illusory, only not-knowing is real. No one has any idea what they are looking at in the material world, neither do they know who or what they are...they only know any thing by what's written on the label which attaches an artificial identity upon this already present not-knowing presence... labels are simply phantom knowledge attached by the mind onto that which is already present prior to any knowing of it.

Not that there is anything wrong with this...it's how no thing communicates with itself. Language is useful in that respect. It's unique to humans, but it is a phantom.

All Rebuttals welcome.

Rude immature name callers will be ignored...take your tantrums and toy throwing out of the pram episodes somewhere else..and strictly no dead memory shaggers here welcome either.
So are there labels or aren't there? First you say there aren't, then you say we know things by the label. I don't know why you call them phantom knowledge. We have to call things something or we would spend our entire day describing the infinite details of everything. Even then we'd need some kind of basic labels like color names. I'll never understand this idea that because we don't everything, all knowledge is illusory. How do you explain survival? How could anything survive if it does not have some sense of its environment?
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by mirror93 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:23 pm

placid wrote:No one was born knowing anything, no one was born with an attached label hanging from their finger indicating this is who I am. The I am doesn't have a label, it simply is and does not need to know it is to be. This is self-evident.

God is a known concept,it's another label known, because of what's written on the label in the form of language.. therefore all knowledge is illusory, only not-knowing is real. No one has any idea what they are looking at in the material world, neither do they know who or what they are...they only know any thing by what's written on the label which attaches an artificial identity upon this already present not-knowing presence... labels are simply phantom knowledge attached by the mind onto that which is already present prior to any knowing of it.

Not that there is anything wrong with this...it's how no thing communicates with itself. Language is useful in that respect. It's unique to humans, but it is a phantom.

All Rebuttals welcome.

Rude immature name callers will be ignored...take your tantrums and toy throwing out of the pram episodes somewhere else..and strictly no dead memory shaggers here welcome either.
Hey Placid, Aka Confidencia, Aka Your Construct, Aka Other fakes.
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=29166
:paladin:

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by mirror93 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:27 pm

placid wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:The only known concept at birth is "tits nourish". God is a learned concept.
It's known how to suckle, but the baby doesn't know that knowing, the knowing is an automatic instinct that is beyond and prior to any human comprehension of it. The baby is just the mechanical mechanism for knowing to express itself through.
there is no such thing as "automatic" instinct.
and no such thing as "human" comprehension, each person's comprehension is different.
a baby is not a "mechanical" anything, a baby is not an A.I, you {!#%@} retard.
That shows much of your belief that what Hitler did was an act of love, you may believe that he killed automatic mechanical A.I's, instead o real people
:paladin:

User avatar
mirror93
Poster
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Re: Letting go of the Myth that there is a God to let go of.

Post by mirror93 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:34 pm

placid wrote:
Gees how many more times do I have to tell you. This is all a dream
You only dream at night.
placid wrote:
dreamt by no one.
Actually a dream is made up by your memories, if you are lucid to know them, then you will realize your mind is making stuff up there, and you're dreaming
:paladin: