Nuclear weapons deter only nuclear weapons.

Where have we been?
Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Re: Nuclear weapons deter only nuclear weapons.

Postby Tom Palven » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:47 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Tom Palven wrote: Please tell me if my title meets your specs, Bobbo.

Which title? There are several. A more obvious mismatch once we Assume you mean Western Syria is that Syria is not contiguous to the West Bank. HEY!!!!!--->first time I get to recommend someone buy a map.==>Easier to read than a dictionary.

I'm sure we all know what you mean to say...........not at all what you do say.

I titled the link to Tillerson's remarks "US, Not Russia, Will Control Syria," which I think accurately reflects those remarks, and meant to say, semi-jokingly "Except for the Southeastern Part that Bibi Wants Added to Greater Israel Along with the Golan Heights."

I concede it's a sloppy title, but does it meet your criteria for an accurate description of Tillerson's remarks, all joking aside?
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote: More death throes of a degenerate deep state.
[color=#000080]Sooooo....the Secretary of State making a public announcement is now part of your magical "Deep State"? In your bizarre world, what isn't "Deep State"?

In 1956 Columbia U. sociology professor C. Wright Mills wrote The Power Elite.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_Elite

Then, in 1960, five-star general and two-term President Dwight Eisenhower warned us in his Farewell Address of the dangers of the Military-Industrial Complex.

The Power Elite and the MIC have not disappeared in the last 60 years.

Instead, they together have morphed into The Military-Industrial-Pharmaceutical-Educational-Banking-Congressional Complex which can conveniently be called The Deep State, and which is ultimately controlled by your beloved Central Intelligence Agency.

What isn't Deep State are the purple mountains' majesty above the fruited plains and 99% of the people living from sea to shining sea.
Last edited by Tom Palven on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:19 am

Having to read between the lines is definitionally being NOT accurate.

Are you that dyslexic? Its WESTERN SYRIA you are talking about........you know........the Left side of a map if North is Up?

Who knew my pilot skills would still be called upon, lo these many years later???? Wifey thought I was a X-savant in map reading. My response of course was: "Just Look." Many issues are laid out as plain as a map. Most people can't read them.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:34 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Are you that dyslexic? Its WESTERN SYRIA you are talking about........you know........the Left side of a map if North is Up?

Yes, southwestern Syria.

Just what I said. :mrgreen:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:40 am

Like I said............no reading between the lines...................or "way over there" either............
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:49 am

Is this a fun quibble?: Its actually the Southern Territories of Western Syria. I mean.......if you want to be accurate and all.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:50 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Like I said............no reading between the lines...................or "way over there" either............

My bad.

This is the Eisenhower warning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:06 am

I thought your joke response was right on. I was joking too.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:21 pm

Tom Palven wrote:Then, in 1960, five-star general and two-term President Dwight Eisenhower warned us in his Farewell Address of the dangers of the Military-Industrial Complex.
.....and Lockheed got charged with bribing foreign politicians to buy Lockheed fighters. So what? Are you suggesting people don't commit crimes?

Tom Palven wrote: The Military-Industrial-Pharmaceutical-Educational-Banking-Congressional Complex which can conveniently be called The Deep State
Rex Tillerson is the Secretary of State. He made an announcement about US foreign policy. This is what every country on the planet also does. By your logic, a health minister announcing a drive against smoking is "Deep state".

Tom Palven wrote: and which is ultimately controlled by your beloved Central Intelligence Agency.
You are an idiot. I am not American. I don't give a rat's arse about America and the Russians penetrated the CIA for over twenty years in the 80s and 90s. The CIA has no secrets left.

Tell me how the CIA controls Australia,,,,or New Zealand.....or Russia?

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:17 pm

With a Gameboy?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:01 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:
Tom Palven wrote: and which is ultimately controlled by your beloved Central Intelligence Agency.
You are an idiot. I am not American. I don't give a rat's arse about America and the Russians penetrated the CIA for over twenty years in the 80s and 90s. The CIA has no secrets left.

Tell me how the CIA controls Australia,,,,or New Zealand.....or Russia?

If you don't give leaping lap dance about the demise of the US Empire what are you getting so huffy about?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:02 am

Tom Palven wrote: If you don't give leaping lap dance about the demise of the US Empire what are you getting so huffy about?

The obvious reason is that you made a false claim on the Skeptic Society forum. The USA is not demising. It is simply becoming an equal partner with all the other countries on the planet.

Secondly you claim "the CIA runs the world", while in reality the Russian Foreign Intelligence service, the SVR, has manipulated the USA elections and the CIA was not only unaware, but unable to stop the Russians. Yet, here you are, still pushing Russian scripted propaganda saying the CIA is the enemy of the USA.
:lol:

What's your opinion concerning the Russian SVR and GRU of the Russian Federation?
SVR_Emblem.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:56 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote: If you don't give leaping lap dance about the demise of the US Empire what are you getting so huffy about?

The obvious reason is that you made a false claim on the Skeptic Society forum. The USA is not demising. It is simply becoming an equal partner with all the other countries on the planet.

Secondly you claim "the CIA runs the world", while in reality the Russian Foreign Intelligence service, the SVR, has manipulated the USA elections and the CIA was not only unaware, but unable to stop the Russians. Yet, here you are, still pushing Russian scripted propaganda saying the CIA is the enemy of the USA.

Where do you get your CIA disinformation, the mainstream Aussie press?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:08 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Secondly you claim "the CIA runs the world", while in reality the Russian Foreign Intelligence service, the SVR, has manipulated the USA elections and the CIA was not only unaware, but unable to stop the Russians. Yet, here you are, still pushing Russian scripted propaganda saying the CIA is the enemy of the USA. :lol:
Tom Palven wrote: Where do you get your CIA disinformation, the mainstream Aussie press?
Moscow.

I see you are not allowed to talk about the KGB or GRU.

Are you directly denying the Russians interfered in the USA election or are you also prohibited from talking about that?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:13 am

Breaking News: Russia gives the NRA a chunk of cash to spend promoting Pro Gun Candidates (aka Republicans).

The Delaware registration of Corporations. Can fraud be more open???????

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:15 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Secondly you claim "the CIA runs the world", while in reality the Russian Foreign Intelligence service, the SVR, has manipulated the USA elections and the CIA was not only unaware, but unable to stop the Russians. Yet, here you are, still pushing Russian scripted propaganda saying the CIA is the enemy of the USA. :lol:
Tom Palven wrote: Where do you get your CIA disinformation, the mainstream Aussie press?

Moscow. [/quote

Seriously, do you get the disinformation from various media or are you privy to CIA talking points?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:21 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: Moscow.
(It's where Russia's newspapers are printed, you idiot.) :lol:

Yoo hoo Tom! Ask the bloke running your Russian troll team to take over your posts. He is allowed to discus the GRU and SVR. Obviously you are not allowed to do so.
:D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:24 am

Tom Palven wrote: Seriously, do you get the disinformation from various media or are you privy to CIA talking points?
For the tenth time you complete buffoon......I'm Australian and not an American.

Now start answering my questions.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:42 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote: Seriously, do you get the disinformation from various media or are you privy to CIA talking points?
For the tenth time you complete buffoon......I'm Australian and not an American.

Where did I question the fact that you are an Australian citizen? That's an irrelevant obfucatory strawman.

Do you question the fact that the CIA has sycophants in every major newspaper in every capital city and most other major cities in the world?

I've already linked to highly credible sources on this fact ad nauseam and am not going to bother doing it again since you, like the CIA, apparently have no regard for the truth and care only about plausible deniability.
Last edited by Tom Palven on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:48 am

"sycophants"?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:53 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:"sycophants"?

Here, I looked it up for you...

syc·o·phant
[ˈsikəˌfant, ˈsikəfənt]
NOUN
sycophants (plural noun)
a person who acts obsequiously toward someone important in order to gain advantage.
synonyms: yes-man · bootlicker · brown-noser · toady · lickspittle · flatterer · flunky · lackey · spaniel · doormat · stooge · cringer · suck · suck-up

...but I'm through looking up things for Matt who has his own definition of "deep state", and so on.
Last edited by Tom Palven on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:56 am

Tom Palven wrote:

Here, I looked it up for you:

syc·o·phant
[ˈsikəˌfant, ˈsikəfənt]
NOUN
sycophants (plural noun)
a person who acts obsequiously toward someone important in order to gain advantage.
synonyms: yes-man · bootlicker · brown-noser · toady · lickspittle · flatterer · flunky · lackey · spaniel · doormat · stooge · cringer · suck · suck-up

Sorry, I wasn't uncertain about a term I learned in 1961, I was just chortling over the usage. :lol:

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:59 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:

Here, I looked it up for you:

syc·o·phant
[ˈsikəˌfant, ˈsikəfənt]
NOUN
sycophants (plural noun)

Sorry, I wasn't uncertain about a term I learned in 1961, I was just chortling over the usage. :lol:

No problem.

Can you see how it might apply to Matt's rrelationship with the US Central Intelligence Agency?

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:16 pm

I'm waiting for proof of the "sycophants".

TJrandom
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:23 pm

I suspect that Tom got his confirmation from his interview... imbedding all of those synonyms in his resume.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Russian talking points with Tom

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:14 am

Tom Palven wrote: ,,,,, are you privy to CIA talking points?
Matthew Ellard wrote:For the tenth time you complete buffoon......I'm Australian and not an American.
Tom Palven wrote: Where did I question the fact that you are an Australian citizen?
The CIA is American and not Australian. Didn't you know this? :lol:

Tom Palven wrote: Do you question the fact that the CIA has sycophants in every major newspaper in every capital city and most other major cities in the world?
Name CIA sycophant person from any newspaper in 1) Australia, 2) Russia, 3) China 4) Germany, 5)France, 6) India, 7) Indonesia ..........you can't name one person can you? :lol:

Russian Talkpoints that Tom Palven must post on the forum
1) USA evil empire is about to fall
2) CIA and FBI are evil and making up stories about USA elected leaders ( Trump)
3) CIA controls the world and all forms of media.
4) Russia didn't interfere in USA elections.
5) There is a magical thing called the Deep State ( the "bogeyman" )

Russian issues that Tom Palven must never post or respond to on the forum
1) There is hard evidence the Russians have been interfering in the USA's elections,
2) Trump's campaign was partially funded by Russia,
3) The Russians penetrated both the CIA and FBI during the 80s and early 90s (Hanssen & Ames) and therefore the CIA can't be controlling the world.
4) Every country in the world has intelligence services.
5) Trump appointed Mike Pompeo as director of the CIA, and therefore the magical "Deep State" did not control the CIA and appoint its director.

Questions Tom is not allowed to answer under any circumstance
1) When Australia had evidence the Russians had downloaded Democrat emails and were giving them Trump, in May 2016, should Australia have informed 1) Trump the candidate 2) The KGB 3) Tom Palven 4) The FBI and CIA

2) Name the person Tom claim runs Deep State

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:18 am

Tom Palven wrote:Can you see how it might apply to Matt's rrelationship with the US Central Intelligence Agency?
Gee Tom? What exactly would be my relationship, as an Australian, to the USA's CIA?

Do you know that Australia and the USA are two different countries?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:23 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:I'm waiting for proof of the "sycophants".
In all seriousness, Tom is simply posting scripted Russian talking points. Ask him a direct question about Russian interference in the USA election and watch what he does.

"Instructions for the political posts would come in “technical tasks” that the trolls received each morning, while the non-political posts had to be thought up personally. “The scariest thing is when you talk to your friends and they are repeating the same things you saw in the technical tasks, and you realise that all this is having an effect,” the former worker said. Marat, 40, worked in a different department, where employees went methodically through chat forums in various cities, leaving posts. “First thing in the morning, we’d come in, turn on a proxy server to hide our real location, and then read the technical tasks we had been sent,” he said."
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/ ... roll-house

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:53 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:Can you see how it might apply to Matt's rrelationship with the US Central Intelligence Agency?
Gee Tom? What exactly would be my relationship, as an Australian, to the USA's CIA?

For an Austraiian, you seem to take an enormous interest in the US CIA.

According to Wikipedia "The Autralian Secret Intelligence Service (ASIS)...is responsible for the collection of foreign intelligence...and liasing with the intelligence agencies of other countries."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Secret_Intelligence_Service

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:41 am

Tom Palven wrote:For an Austraiian, you seem to take an enormous interest in the US CIA.
No. I take an enormous interest in the BND (German Foreign Intelligence) service, because ASIS and the BND work together on international money laundering and inform tax offices around the world.

Tom Palven wrote:According to Wikipedia "The Autralian Australian Secret Intelligence Service (ASIS)...is responsible for the collection of foreign intelligence..and liasing with the intelligence agencies of other countries."

You really are a total idiot.

ASIS informed the CIA that the Russians were shopping Democrat email in May 2016. That is called liaising.

Donald Trump aide's booze-fuelled admission to Alexander Downer 'helped spark FBI probe into Russian election interference'
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-31/a ... on/9295180

However we all understand you are not allowed to discuss any of that, or you get fined 500 roubles. What's you pay at the moment? It's about 58,000 roubles a years right? I even know your scripted talk points. :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:47 am

Hey Tom

You claim the CIA runs the world and is the "Deep State"

If Donald Trump appointed Mike Pompeo as director of the CIA, doesn't that mean Donald Trump is running your magical "Deep State"?

However, we all understand you are not allowed to answer this question or you get 500 roubles deducted from your pay.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:59 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:[color=#000080]Hey Tom

You claim the CIA runs the world and is the "Deep State"

I claim that the Central Intelligence Agency controls the Deep State apparatchiki, yes.

You claim to have been filming during and at the site of the aborted US coup and attempted murder of Turkey's democratically-elected President Erdogan.

To me that is either BS or a very strange coincidence, and I have a real problem with both BS and strange coincidences.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Postby ElectricMonk » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:43 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes

Australia is part of the Five Eyes, being both a provider and consumer of the intel produced by everyone in the group.
The CIA is literally only one of 21 agencies in this network, and rather a junior partner compared to the Defense Intelligence Agency and NSA.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:08 pm

Tom Palven wrote: I claim that the Central Intelligence Agency controls the Deep State apparatchiki, yes.

So therefore you claim Donald Trump runs your "Deep State". Donald Trump appointed Michael Pompeo as director of the CIA. I'm glad you made that clear to us.

Help Tom Palven bring down Donald Trump, the leader of the Deep State.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:20 pm

Tom Palven wrote: You claim to have been filming during and at the site of the aborted US coup and attempted murder of Turkey's democratically-elected President Erdogan.
No, My girlfriend and I went to the Taksim square riots in Turkey on our way to Russia. We went to Turkey because I study Roman history and Constantinople (Istanbul) is the former capitol of the Roman Empire. We went to Russia to see a friend graduate from the Russian Army Artillery Academy as I had Russian business partners in Australia and was learning Russian.

Did I tell you that I broke into the Bank of Iran in High Street Kensington, London in 1980? It was empty and I was squatting.

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:20 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote: You claim to have been filming during and at the site of the aborted US coup and attempted murder of Turkey's democratically-elected President Erdogan.
[color=#000080]No, My girlfriend and I went to the Taksim square riots in Turkey on our way to Russia. We went to Turkey because I study Roman history and Constantinople (Istanbul) is the former capitol of the Roman Empire. We went to Russia to see a friend graduate from the Russian Army Artillery Academy as I had Russian business partners in Australia and was learning Russian.

Just a simple coincidence that a secret police enthusiast was there filming the early stages of the coup attempt.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:51 am

Tom Palven wrote: Just a simple coincidence that a secret police enthusiast was there filming the early stages of the coup attempt.
Who said anything about filming? I took holiday snap shots like normal tourists do.

What makes you even more stupid looking, is the military coup (2016) was in a different year to the Taksin Square riots (2013) which were about urban development of a park.

You don't know where Turkey is, do you?

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:24 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:No, My girlfriend and I went to the Taksim square riots in Turkey on our way to Russia.

I don't follow the Holocaust topic or some of the other threads you respond to, so maybe I missed something, but I thought that you had a wife, not a girlfriend, or do you have both?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:05 pm

Tom Palven wrote:I don't follow the Holocaust topic or some of the other threads you respond to, so maybe I missed something, but I thought that you had a wife, not a girlfriend, or do you have both?

Well Tom, you can have children with people your not married to. We are not Russian Orthodox are we?

So...... have you now worked out that the Taskim Square riots of 2013 are not the same as the 2016 military coup?

It would be really useful if you read some basic history books before posting again, otherwise you will continue to look like a complete idiot who doesn't actually know where Turkey is.

Ohhh...and I love your new "We must protect Erdogan" scripted talk point. Erdogan just started attacking the USA sponsored Kurds in Syria, which is to Russia's advantage. Three years ago you would have had to say the opposite when Erdogan shot down a Russian fighter-jet. :D

Tom Palven
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Tom Palven » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:39 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Ohhh...and I love your new "We must protect Erdogan" scripted talk point.

To desist from trying to topple Erdogan and Assad is not the same as protecting them imho.

https://news.antiwar.com/2018/01/24/nor ... ification/

Return to “History”