Netanyahu Says He Will Compromise

Step right up for 3-card Monte...
Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Re: Netanyahu Says He Will Compromise

Postby Tom Palven » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:30 am

Pat Buchanan takes on fellow Republicans as the Likudnik tail continues to wag the dog:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/12/pat ... ica-first/
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:29 pm

The basis for the Likudnik-US Neo-conservative love affair:

http://www.haaretz.com/peace/1.601112
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Upton_O_Goode
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Dear [Salutation][First Name]

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Yup, he'll compromise....with Trump! Maybe Trump can leverage this into some more hotels in Israel, so it's a win-win, you see, for the only two parties that matter to these guys.

It's a sign of how desperate the Palestinians are that the cling to the thoroughly discredited notion that the United States will be an honest broker in their dealings with Israel. Israel is cutting its own throat with the settlements and the annexations that look like they will soon occur. (And why not? Trump openly welcomed them during his campaign.) As Ehud Barak says, the choice will be either a state in which all the residents have civil rights and none have any privileges and majority Arab/Muslim; or it will be an apartheid state—definitely not a democracy—in which a minority of the residents have civil rights and the others are a permanent underclass. This has all the inevitability of a Greek tragedy, and I keep asking how it could have been avoided. If the US and Great Britain had just spent more time laying the groundwork for a state where Jewish refugees would be welcome, or (imagine this!) taken in those refugees themselves, thereby gaining a valuable, hard-working group of new citizens. But they preferred to put the refugees in a place where the local population was hostile, and thereby stirred up a seemingly unending hostility and an unending cycle of revenge: an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, an arm for an arm, a leg for a leg, a life for a life.... Depressing. I should add that I don't blame the Jewish settlers who went there during the 1940s. Given the world's indifference to their fate, they were well justified in telling the world to go hang.

But now, well, it's a situation we're stuck with. I really cannot see any way through it, around it, under it, or over it, at least none that doesn't involve a horrible massacre of one side or the other.
"Reserve a part of your wrath ; you have not seen the worst yet. You suppose that this war has been a criminal blunder and an exceptional horror ; you imagine that before long reason will prevail, and all these inferior people that govern the world will be swept aside, and your own party will reform everything and remain always in office. You are mistaken."

George Santayana, "Tipperary" (1918)

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:34 pm

I think the groundwork had been laid by others and a long time before you may think, UOG ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Netanyahu vs. Putin for the undisputed world light heavyweight championship.

This is interesting:
http://news.antiwar.com/2017/03/20/syri ... e-is-over/

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Tom Palven wrote:Netanyahu vs. Putin for the undisputed world light heavyweight championship.

This is interesting:
http://news.antiwar.com/2017/03/20/syri ... e-is-over/

Fair enough. In summary, The Russian Federal Government has informed Israel that it may no longer fly over Syrian airspace without permission. Essentially this also adds a small flight time to any potential Israeli bombing of North Iranian facilities, reducing the "over target" time for Israeli fighter jets.

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:02 am

Netanyahu may finally get his dream of destroying Iran fulfilled:
http://original.antiwar.com/buchanan/20 ... nevitable/

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:13 pm

Will somebody, anybody, please bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran for Bibi Netanyahu and John McCain?
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/11/i ... 14609.html

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:14 pm

Will somebody, anybody, please bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran for Bibi Netanyahu and John McCain?
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/11/i ... 14609.html

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:55 pm

I've heard for years that Iran, maybe in a tie with the House of Saud, is the worlds biggest sponsor of terrorism/fundy religion.

Why not bomb, bomb, bomb them?

....Then NK, and by that time probably loop back to get Saudi. All kinds of deserts need a good bombing.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:08 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I've heard for years that Iran, maybe in a tie with the House of Saud, is the worlds biggest sponsor of terrorism/fundy religion. Why not bomb, bomb, bomb them?.

1) Russia sells weapons to Iran
2) Russia just sold 3 billion of anti-missile missiles to Saudi Arabia in October 2017.
3) Why would anyone in that region care about the USA's opinion, after its three attempts at a Muslim ban?
4) Russia nobbled the USA's political system to make it inward looking, so Russia can get on with Russia's foreign affairs activities.

October 2017 / Saudi Arabian King goes to Moscow / New allies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmMtJhhsybY

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:57 am

Matt: even more reasons to bomb, bomb, bomb Iran..........and Saudi too.

Thats how international arms dealers do it.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:17 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I've heard for years that Iran, maybe in a tie with the House of Saud, is the worlds biggest sponsor of terrorism/fundy religion.

Propaganda works because there are always enough people who believe it.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:56 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:I've heard for years that Iran, maybe in a tie with the House of Saud, is the worlds biggest sponsor of terrorism/fundy religion.

Why not bomb, bomb, bomb them?

....Then NK, and by that time probably loop back to get Saudi. All kinds of deserts need a good bombing.

If you read Freeing the World to Death you might become convinced that the US is by far the largest sponsor of terrorism in the world. Or read Gore Vidal's Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace or Ron Paul's Swords into Plowshares.

Our secret police are a true example of American exceptionalism. They have an incomparable record of killing foreign leaders and stamping out emerging democracies, or at least trying to, most recently in Egypt and Turkey, despite what Matt says about Pakistani secret police being more aggressive.

Am I wrong? At least you probably have the great majority of Americans agreeing with you that more bombing is what is needed, but I'll stand by my opinions.

What might be a point of interest is that the US dropped over 7 million tons on Indo-China during the Vietnam War.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_b ... ietnam_War

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Trump's Jerusalem move "a good thing" according to Russia Today:
https://www.rt.com/op-edge/412340-trump ... lestinian/

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:08 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:

Propaganda works because there are always enough people who believe it.

Well............................ OF COURSE................. I meant AFTER THE USA. Including ourselves "out" is what makes us "exceptional".

Propaganda works because that is all there is.

.................................... mind the gap.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:14 pm

Tom Palven wrote:Trump's Jerusalem move "a good thing" according to Russia Today:

The Headline: " Trump’s Jerusalem move a good thing… US pretense of ‘honest broker’ finally ends ...........

I suspect some sarcasm.....................

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:Trump's Jerusalem move "a good thing" according to Russia Today:

The Headline: " Trump’s Jerusalem move a good thing… US pretense of ‘honest broker’ finally ends ...........

I suspect some sarcasm.....................

No sarcasm. Russia Today thinks it's a good thing that the US can no longer make a BS claim to be an honest broker.

Al Jazeera doesn't seem to be quite that philosophical:
http://www.aljazeera.com/topics/regions/middleeast.html

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:03 pm

I guess its where you mark the article for the sarcasm ? "Its a good thing" vs meaning it is going to cause a lot of problems which is not a good thing. But it is a good thing if all pretenses and posturing on ALL SIDES could be dropped. Its a good thing if dropping all pretenses will make the world a better place..... but when the worlds two top terrorist for foaming conflict are praising each other...........what is afoot? ((Besides a man without a horse?................... camel????))

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:53 pm

Tom Palven wrote:Trump's Jerusalem move "a good thing" according to Russia Today

Well its probably good for Trump as he has secured USA Jewish donors, in the short run.

It's probably good for Russia because they cleared Syria and are pushing themselves back into the middle east as a "friend of the arabs" to secure arms sales and get more input into oil production quotas.

It's probably terrible news for Israel because it allows Netanyahu to push his covert one state policy which will force Israel to start justifying its future version of Apartheid.

And of course there are the poor Palestinians, whose country it is being tossed around for everyone else's gain except them.

( I'm suspicious this is all talk and it will take three years to consider moving the USA embassy and Trump will be gone by then. Thus the next President can reverse this stupid policy)

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:11 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:Trump's Jerusalem move "a good thing" according to Russia Today

Well its probably good for Trump as he has secured USA Jewish donors, in the short run.

It's probably good for Russia because they cleared Syria and are pushing themselves back into the middle east as a "friend of the arabs" to secure arms sales and get more input into oil production quotas.

It's probably terrible news for Israel because it allows Netanyahu to push his covert one state policy which will force Israel to start justifying its future version of Apartheid.

And of course there are the poor Palestinians, whose country it is being tossed around for everyone else's gain except them.

( I'm suspicious this is all talk and it will take three years to consider moving the USA embassy and Trump will be gone by then. Thus the next President can reverse this stupid policy)

I would just like to clarify in my own defense something that you already know, that most Americans of Jewish background, like Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David, Rob Reiner, and Woody Allen, are liberal, anti-war, and anti-apartheid, unlike neoconservatives such as William Krystol who endorse the Project for a New American Century/Foreign Policy Initiative.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_f ... an_Century

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic

Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:33 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:

( I'm suspicious this is all talk and it will take three years to consider moving the USA embassy and Trump will be gone by then. Thus the next President can reverse this stupid policy) [/color]

They don't have a site, nor any kind of building plans. This could easily stretch out to when Trump is gone.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:04 pm

They don't have a country (sic!)...............THATS the whole point. And like most people in pitiful circumstances, while there is an initial cause having little to do with them, they bring most of the misery upon themselves.

Pragmatism. Its good for what ails you.

(((Sic--as I've come to develop from the Holocaust Denial Forum, there is great reality in recognizing that the homeland of the Palestinians is the rest of the Middle East OUTSIDE of Israel. Yeah........I do know. But thats how all NATIONS do...... and History moves on......like recognizing the truth of where a Nation's Capital is and dealing with the consequences of Truth.)))
Last edited by bobbo_the_Pragmatist on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic

Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:07 pm

They don't have a country...............THATS the whole point. And like most people in pitiful circumstances, while there is an initial cause having little to do with them, they bring most of the misery upon themselves.

Right on! They should be good little puppies and let the more powerful take their homes and opportunities and just let themselves be shat upon.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:11 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:

They don't have a country...............THATS the whole point. And like most people in pitiful circumstances, while there is an initial cause having little to do with them, they bring most of the misery upon themselves.

Right on! They should be good little puppies and let the more powerful take their homes and opportunities and just let themselves be shat upon.

Oleg: you are entirely missing the point. In the main, its the Palestinians' Arab Brothers and their PLO and worse leadership that is crapping on them to keep them as a constant irritant against Israel rather than pursuing their own individual lives as every human should do.

Just Look.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic

Postby OlegTheBatty » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:12 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:

Oleg: you are entirely missing the point. In the main, its the Palestinians' Arab Brothers and their PLO and worse leadership that is crapping on them to keep them as a constant irritant against Israel rather than pursuing their own individual lives as every human should do.

Just Look.

That is exactly what they are trying to do. Just look!

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:17 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote: That is exactly what they are trying to do. Just look!

By the Numbers: No, they are not.

In the main, they look BACKWARDS to what they once had and they want THAT back. But: HISTORY HAS MOVED ON. In the main, with lots of side issues once the Palestinians (sic) recognize that Israel as a Jewish Nation is here to stay, then, and ONLY THEN, will they be able to live the better lives that are available to them.

Pretty simple basic stuff...............and yes..... just look. Maybe at a book???? Ha, ha.......and not the Koran.........etc for pages...................

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:25 am

God said it, Bibi believes it, and that settles it:
http://news.antiwar.com/2017/12/11/neta ... s-capital/

Return to “Scams and Con Games”