Dogmen and Similar

Have you got a helpful suggestion for our show or for these forums?
SotF

Dogmen and Similar

Postby SotF » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:56 am

This is mainly an idea because a friend stumbled onto things about Dogmen and how there were reports of them near where we lived.

It's essentially some sort of werewolf looking thing that's supposedly running around through most of the world with some of the believed darker aspects of bigfoot myths being tacked onto it.

While I wouldn't say they were experts in the field, mainly because their stuff tends to be recorded interviews, but it might be interesting to see an attempt to interview someone like the Dogman Encounters Radio guy or even Dark Waters. Some of the YouTube channel people might make for decent guests for a discussion with MonsterTalk...

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: Dogmen and Similar

Postby Gord » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:22 am

"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:33 am

SotF wrote:Some of the YouTube channel people might make for decent guests for a discussion with MonsterTalk...
Well you can't ask David Bowie. The poor man passed away.
Diamond Dogs.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36lWAcY9IXE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SotF

Postby SotF » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:10 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
SotF wrote:Some of the YouTube channel people might make for decent guests for a discussion with MonsterTalk...
Well you can't ask David Bowie. The poor man passed away.
Diamond Dogs.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36lWAcY9IXE

Would have made things easier, but the "demonic werewolf things" that supposedly match the lycans from Underworld and cause night terrors.

It's something that I just wonder about how it spread out to tie into all sorts of crazy including supposed wars with bigfoot and ties to Skinwalkers. It feels a lot like some sort of modern fantasy novel plot, but it's popping up online.

I started listening to the Dogman Encounters thing because a friend of mine heard it and brought it up in that the area I live in supposedly has werewolves loose nearby. Interesting to listen to, and when the guy who runs the youtube stuff commented in a few episodes about wanting to talk to people about it combined with recent comments on Monstertalk about looking for experts plus how interesting the Grey School episode was, figured it was worth a suggestion for the show.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:40 am

SotF wrote:It's something that I just wonder about how it spread out to tie into all sorts of crazy including supposed wars with bigfoot and ties to Skinwalkers. It feels a lot like some sort of modern fantasy novel plot, but it's popping up online.

Well, all stories originate somewhere. Modern fantasy is prevalent enough to support new fad beliefs like this. People learn to "suspend their disbelief" while watching movies like Underworld and its sequels. There are so many fictional accounts tying werewolves and vampires together these days that it's practically normal now for people to think it's natural for werewolves to band together to fight wars against something else. It's our new mythology.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

SotF

Postby SotF » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:17 pm

Gord wrote:
SotF wrote:It's something that I just wonder about how it spread out to tie into all sorts of crazy including supposed wars with bigfoot and ties to Skinwalkers. It feels a lot like some sort of modern fantasy novel plot, but it's popping up online.

Well, all stories originate somewhere. Modern fantasy is prevalent enough to support new fad beliefs like this. People learn to "suspend their disbelief" while watching movies like Underworld and its sequels. There are so many fictional accounts tying werewolves and vampires together these days that it's practically normal now for people to think it's natural for werewolves to band together to fight wars against something else. It's our new mythology.

True, and it's being tied into the Missing 411 crap as well.

Only thing that really amuses me with it is that it's at least a different sort of cryptid than the usual suspects, even if it is a werewolf story.

Oh, and somehow it's tied into Indian Burial Grounds and Mounds...and somehow ancient egypt now.

Part of me wants an episode to happen just to have someone skeptical actually talk to them rather than a back and forth between believers mixed between their accounts and theorizing in the supernatural side of things.

Return to “MonsterTalk Suggestions”