Gunman Attack on Congress---what is the appropirate discussion to follow?

Duck and cover
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Gunman Attack on Congress---what is the appropirate discussion to follow?

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:22 pm

An initial lament of the horror of violence is ok. for 24 hours. Such meaningless boilerplate does nothing to solve/address the issue. After such, something more PRAGMATIC should occur. Faux Spews and Hannity calls out the left wing and the media, I didn't listen long enough for any "solutions". MSNBC took a more nuanced approach regarding "the coasening of our Politics" and lamented that Congress went home on weekends rather than party with one another non-stop. RT news had a Code Pink Anti Gun advocate on with two pro gun advocates. Now......just why would Russia be in favor of armed Americans?...............Ha, ha.

NO DISCUSSION--of more effective gun restrictions/licensing etc.

NO DISCUSSION--for more effective mental health services to the community.

So........nothing to see here.....carry on. Pukes saying there should be fewer community meetings.....so typical as there wasn't a community meeting involved in the instant case....much like the Muslim ban. Good solid republican thinking.

I wonder, would Republicans be against more effective mental health services if it didn't cost money? What is feeling safe in your community worth????

Like everything else.......know a person's/party's position BY WHAT THEY DO..........not what they say or don't say. Until Banks are broken up.....there is no intention to curb the excesses of capitalism a la revoking the consumer protection statutes. Until there is single payer....there is no reigning in For Profit Skimming of healthcare dollars. Until we bring our troops home....there is no stop to our meddling in foreign affairs...........

............and on and on.

Hmmmm....... I suppose....... the pro and anti gun policy positions are set in stone and at a standoff. No movement until some kind of upheaval. 30 Dead Primary school Children won't do it. 50 dead in a night club won't do it. 10 dead every weekend in Chicago wont do it, 5-6 injured on a Washington DC baseball field won't do it.

We need a bigger earthquake. Realistically........I don't see anything to the horizon that is going to change a thing. Looks like we are going to live and die under fossilized non-think. Maybe the assassination of a beloved President?...... Ha, ha.......THAT can't happen for at least another 4 years.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Re: Gunman Attack on Congress---what is the appropirate discussion to follow?

Postby Aztexan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:47 am

Send money, guns, and lawyers. {!#%@}'s about to hit the fan- PJ O'Rourke
This is a sentence. tHi5 iz a seN+3nce oN drUgs!!!

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty"--sign seen at Occupy Wall St. protest.

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:47 am

The US Congress "Lives by the sword" and is complicit with the droning and bombing deaths of totally innocent men, women and children every day.
http://news.antiwar.com/2017/06/14/us-a ... lian-life/

Even Senator Sanders hasn't opposed droning and said that if elected as President he would not try to abolish droning people to death.

If there is anyone in Congress totally opposed to these actions it wouldn't be fair that they "die by the sword," imho.
http://biblehub.com/matthew/26-52.htm
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:07 pm

I am of the opinion that everything is linked to everything else. Only a matter of degree, context, and imagination. Like most best ideas: its not true. Its just a very functional way, some say pragmatic, to find another way to understand what's going on right in front of your face. The simple and apparent causations are given to us regularly...how to go deeper?

I reject your presentation of poetic justice in this example though...the two acts are just too unrelated. Now...if the shooter had been a victim of droning in his homelands...then I'd say heck yeah. Even better if he had used a drone?==>and can't we all see that coming?

The complicity of Congress is a bit out of step as well. You are right it is complicit but of the weakest sort: failing to stop the President who is directly responsible. You don't go for down stream bait when the King Fish is right before you.

Hmmm...the connection that IS there is failure to legislate effect gun control? Not Drones or foreign policy. And now, congress is almost directly responsible: first in line after the shooter himself.

connections.

Love that old show, love the continuing application.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Re: Gunman Attack on Congress---what is the appropriate discussion to follow?

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:53 pm

:hmm: An advertisement for gun rights, naturally. Featuring said attack with a legally purchased weapon on the Congressman.

I'm fairly certain the irony is utterly lost on the GP pirate Rep paying for that ad. :lol:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: Gunman Attack on Congress---what is the appropriate discussion to follow?

Postby Gord » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:45 am

scrmbldggs wrote:the GP

Oooooh, where did you find a special snowflake?! :hyper:

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ .
. ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ .
. ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ .

Snow!!!!!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:12 pm

Jeffk introduced me to that one, so I looked it up.

There's also ❆ and ❊ (I copy pasted them, their shown codes aren't working for me... :pardon:)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, Io the lurker.

Return to “Guns”