Race, Guns, and Narritives

Duck and cover
ryu238
Regular Poster

Race, Guns, and Narritives

Postby ryu238 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:12 pm

http://www.donotlink.com/gwvu
In the link about a "race realist" talks about vester Flanagan's murders. In particular, well his opinion can be summed up in his own words:
Let’s see, we don’t have a gun problem in America, we have a Negros with guns problem. We can solve that by disarming blacks and separating from them. Oh, and separating from homos too.
If blacks were removed from the U.S., the country would have one of the lowest crime rates in the world. Talk about that as part of your conversation, Chris.

If blacks were removed from the U.S., the country would have one of the lowest crime rates in the world. Talk about that as part of your conversation, Chris.

Yeah. Ignoring that a) gun control laws have worked.
Segregation promotes racism and crime as seen here:
http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/0 ... tion-study
http://www.slate.com/articles/business/ ... crime.html
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2 ... burbs.html

Now it's obvious that Flanagan had a victim complex, however this solution isn't going to work.
Your thoughts?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: Race, Guns, and Narritives

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:27 pm

ryu238 wrote: Your thoughts?
Learn to spell "Narrative" and check your spelling before pushing the post button. Otherwise people will think a ten year old made the post and wont bother reading it. :D

Again you have simply linked us to a individual person's blog, that is extremist and hates blacks. We have no interest in these passive extremist blogs, as we have told you over and over and over again. You are going out of your way to get us to hate you.
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:30 pm

By "this solution" I take it to mean that since we can't outlaw guns we should outlaw blacks?

Well.................as interesting a proposition as that is, the Constitution held for 150 years before holding the same for guns that you could not outlaw them.

How about a two-fer? Make both illegal? THEN we would have a solution worth talking about. I do think it would be easier for the Supremes to reverse themselves on the Gun Freedom jag-off than the Blacks are people too issue.

..............but I could be wrong.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

ryu238
Regular Poster

Postby ryu238 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:55 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
ryu238 wrote: Your thoughts?
Learn to spell "Narrative" and check your spelling before pushing the post button. Otherwise people will think a ten year old made the post and wont bother reading it. :D

Again you have simply linked us to a individual person's blog, that is extremist and hates blacks. We have no interest in these passive extremist blogs, as we have told you over and over and over again. You are going out of your way to get us to hate you.

Except i also posted a rebuttal to it.

ryu238
Regular Poster

Postby ryu238 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:57 pm

I put this up because I feel that blacks suffer from a victimization culture, justified as it is. Many lash out because they feel like victims, which is mostly why these shootings happen.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:06 am

ryu238 wrote:I put this up because I feel that blacks suffer from a victimization culture, justified as it is. Many lash out because they feel like victims, which is mostly why these shootings happen.

Funny, I've thought just the opposite. IE--blacks have been/are/will be continuing victims of White Racists Oppression........so why hasn't there been much, Much, MUCH more violence from this community?....and the answer is that same ultra violent White Majority activity. Blacks have learned their place.

So............most mass shootings are done by Whitey. Why do you Hate America?

((Little help: how can I insert a Gun Control straw man argument here?)
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:43 am

ryu238 wrote:I put this up because I feel that blacks suffer from a victimization culture, justified as it is. Many lash out because they feel like victims, which is mostly why these shootings happen.
You are a complete idiot. If you are interested in whether black Americans suffer victimisation, then why are you reading extremist right wing blogs, by Neo-Nazis, instead of researched academic papers. Why are you so racist?

"American Psychological Association : The minority stress perspective"
http://www.apa.org/pi/aids/resources/ex ... tress.aspx

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:52 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:You are a complete idiot. If you are interested in whether black Americans suffer victimisation, then why are you reading extremist right wing blogs, by Neo-Nazis, instead of researched academic papers. Why are you so racist?

I understand YRU's post differently. He asserts that black americans suffer from victimisation (true) which is why they lash out (false). He doesn't express a racist attitude as much as one of pure stupidity....just as you note.

Often the result of posting BS to see what sticks, offering no analysis of your own, and then asking for "thoughts" because you have none of your own. I think this is an honest attempt to learn how to think by following examples.............but I could be wrong.

At least he is posting links? Thats a good start.

YRU--what do you think about your post/link?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:59 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: I understand YRU's post differently. He asserts that black americans suffer from victimisation (true) which is why they lash out (false). He doesn't express a racist attitude as much as one of pure stupidity....just as you note.
RYU238 exclusively quotes right wing passive blogs. That's all he ever reads. He refuses to read any real academic papers. He has absolutely no interest, in the topics, that the extremist blogs he links here, are discussing. That's why he never engages in conversation. He refuses to check anything himself he posts here.

He has started plagiarising other member's forum posts and posting them as comments on other websites in his own name. This is forbidden.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:02 am

An extremist nut job that never engages in conversation is plagiarizing others comments?

Why.................... thats deplorable!

Where is that Lion???? Where is Justice????????????

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:56 am

much more likely that whites will disappear . in an evolutionary time frame - really soon .
the meek shall inherit the earth :burn:
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:55 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:much more likely that whites will disappear . in an evolutionary time frame - really soon .
......and you base that on what evidence? Your personal racial prejudice against blacks?

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:23 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:much more likely that whites will disappear . in an evolutionary time frame - really soon .

Eventually: all the races will homogenize to one beautiful mulatto tone. Bringing to the fore all the other irrelevant differences among people that hatred is based on. Thats what hoomans do.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:19 pm

I need to drink more.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:01 pm

In "America: The Book" (or perhaps "Earth: The Book"), the authors showed a photograph of Earth as seen from space. It had the caption, "Take a good look at the Earth, meek. You won't be inheriting it anytime soon." Later, it said, "The meek will inherit, at best, a {!#%@} sandwich." The authors of that book are correct.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:48 pm

depends on what group is actually the meek . I am thinking it might be the people who were slaves for over 500 years ?
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:04 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:depends on what group is actually the meek . I am thinking it might be the people who were slaves for over 500 years ?

Not seen such a vague reference in some time. What meek are you referring to and what meek is the bible referring to? I assume the bible means all the meek who have ever lived and died "in grace" and not some much more limited group in time and place? You know, when thinking about God....you gotta go large.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:15 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:depends on what group is actually the meek . I am thinking it might be the people who were slaves for over 500 years ?
The Russian Slavs?

Etymology "Slave" = Old French esclave, equivalent of medieval Latin sclava (feminine) ‘Slavonic (captive)’: the Slavonic peoples had been reduced to a servile state by conquest in the 9th century.

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Postby Austin Harper » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:38 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:

Eventually: all the races will homogenize to one beautiful mulatto tone. Bringing to the fore all the other irrelevant differences among people that hatred is based on. Thats what hoomans do.

I wish I could remember who said this but I was watching somebody's standup special on Comedy Central years ago and one of his jokes was "I can't wait until we've all blended into one uniform race so that we can stop hating people for the color of their skin and start hating them for who they are as a person" (or something to that effect).
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:18 am

Austin: thats a good line....but I don't think it is true. Hate is more visceral, less cerebral, less introspective, more group non-think than actually evaluating individuals. When there are no more skincolor based races, I'd hate to be a Ginger.

Silly Hoomans.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:03 am

Therez actually sumthing to it.

Amongst all the arguing with xouper, sumwun (maybe me) came up with stats that showed blacks az very disproportionate perpetratorz uv gun violence, basicly responsible for putting America way out uv proportion to the rest uv the developed nationz insted uv just the leader in shootingz. And they are also the majority uv the victimz.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:19 am

No....there is nothing to race analysis regarding gun violence. Its all class, poverty, education, family structure, history, gubment policy and so forth.

You know what THAT means!! (---ha, ha!)

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:28 pm

If you're talking about race, then every race was slaves to somebody. If you're talking about ... whatever else, then I don't know what you're talking about.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:48 pm

The tall race is slave to the people who make furniture, for instance.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

landrew
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby landrew » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:29 am

I'm not sure how one rational-thought challenged individual has any bearing on the race or gun control narrative.

Any more than a chimp with a gun has anything to do with responsible gun use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AabGdnTxqD0
The job of a skeptic is to investigate the unexplained; not to explain the uninvestigated.

Return to “Guns”