Re: Good/Bad New Moviez

Postby TJrandom » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:20 am

Spotlight - excellent!

Major Malfunction
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Postby Major Malfunction » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:49 am

Hardcore Henry, for anyone that's ever played a FPS.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:16 am

Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

I liked it. Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor absolutely sucked. Other than that, everybody did a good job, even Ben Affleck. The musical score was amazingly unmemorable, which is odd for the composer. I forgot his name. He's some famous guy. Wonder Woman was good. The actress who plays her is amazingly good looking. There are plot holes in the movie, of course, but they don't get too much in the way of enjoying the movie. Also, the movie was a bit chaotic with the scenes.

Recommendation: See it if you like superhero movies.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

ElectricMonk
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Tue May 03, 2016 8:36 am

Captain America: Civil War

they did a good job, given how hard it is to squeeze so many superheroes into one flick. Even Paul Rudd got a very large part.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

TJrandom
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Fri May 06, 2016 1:15 am

The Sea of Trees - excellent!

I have been to, and into Aokigahara - but mostly have just driven thru many times. And I have helped in the annual bone and clothing pick-up. This film is realistic in its presentation of the forest and the hundreds of annual suicides, and enjoyable for its storyline.

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Postby Austin Harper » Fri May 06, 2016 4:50 pm

ElectricMonk wrote:Captain America: Civil War

they did a good job, given how hard it is to squeeze so many superheroes into one flick. Even Paul Rudd got a very large part.

I saw it last night too. I thought it was pretty average for a Marvel movie, pretty good for a movie overall. My only real complaint was that it was about 20 minutes too long and they spent about 20 minutes introducing Spider-Man for no real reason. (Story-wise, that is. Business-wise I understand why they did it.)
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Thu May 12, 2016 7:33 am

I just saw Frozen and it made me cry.

...I need a hug!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Tue May 17, 2016 1:42 pm

Gord wrote:I just saw Frozen and it made me cry.

...I need a hug!

I have avoided seeing it. Should I see it?

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Tue May 17, 2016 7:37 pm

I saw that. I dont get wy it made you cry. I dont get wy it costs 150,000,000 American dollares to make a cartoon.

I watched Malevolent sumtime near wen I watched Frozen and they are mixed up in my brain.

Saw Captain America Sivil War last week. Its only OK. My least fave Avenjerz movie. All the otherz are great.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Tue May 17, 2016 9:11 pm

JO 753 wrote: I dont get wy it costs 150,000,000 American dollares to make a cartoon.

It's all those special effects.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed May 18, 2016 12:39 am

They must be uzing Windowz!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Wed May 18, 2016 1:07 am

Monster wrote:
Gord wrote:I just saw Frozen and it made me cry.

...I need a hug!

I have avoided seeing it. Should I see it?

No.

Any reason you have for avoiding it is almost certainly better than any reason I could give for you to see it. Although I liked it a bit*, I much prefer the idea of intentionally avoiding anything for any reason. I myself have managed to avoid all Harry Potter movies since the beginning of time, and I feel the stronger for it!

Anything of any importance from any movie will eventually be explained to you by someone who has seen the movie. Otherwise, it just wasn't important enough to actually be considered important.

JO 753 wrote:I dont get wy it made you cry.

I was sad the sisters couldn't play together. But I was also sad that I wasn't a pretty little girl myself so that I could burst into spontaneous songs about snowmen and/or chocolate. (I probably need to go back on my antidepressants again. :P )

*as with almost every movie, I prefer to imagine how I could have made it better
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Wed May 18, 2016 1:12 am

Gord wrote:
JO 753 wrote:I dont get wy it made you cry.

I was sad the sisters couldn't play together.

Here, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-zXT5bIBM0

"The magic girl hurt her sister while playing (she 'froze her head' and put a streak of grey in her hair which you can see at the very beginning of the clip), so now she's afraid to play with her ever again."
#ANDAMOVIE

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed May 18, 2016 3:54 am

Youre rite. Thats very sad. I didnt get into it well enuf for it to affect me.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Wed May 18, 2016 7:45 am

Hmm. Have you tried alcohol?
#ANDAMOVIE

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Mon May 30, 2016 12:17 am

X-Men: Apocalypse. It's perfectly fine, if you like superhero stuff. A lot of the characters are the same familiar characters from Marvel comics. However, their comic book stories and affiliations were thrown away for the movie.

Spoiler:
Apocalypse's powers were totally different from his comic book incarnation, unfortunately. I think he would have been more interesting if he was just his ordinary comic book self. Most of the characters in the movie had their usual powers though.

The damage to planet Earth was so extensive that if I was a human during that time period, I'd want all mutants exterminated right away. Like, that day.

Edit: There was something I caught in the movie. I expect most people who are familiar with the Book of Revelation would notice it as well. Apocalypse said "Come and see" to Magneto. The Four Living Creatures said that. :)

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:44 pm

I saw Captain America: Civil War just now. It's excellent. Better than the X-Men movie. Elizabeth Olsen is sexier than Scarlett Johansson.

Spoiler:
This latest Spider-Man actor was much less loathsome than Andrew Garfield. Garfield just sucked.

Vision's makeup was absolutely excellent.

The movie addressed something that's been lacking in superhero movies. That is, the OUTRAGEOUS amount of damage that is done by superheroes when they fight their enemies. The Avengers typically cause what looks like billions of dollars in damage. In Man of Steel, maybe it was hundreds of billions of dollars of damage. In the X-Men movie, I'd say it was trillions of dollars of damage.

The Russian language was used a few times in the movie. It was nice to understand it, at least a little bit, and to be able to read the minimal text that was shown.

Thor and Hulk weren't in the movie.

The battle of the good guys vs. the good guys was great.

Now that I think about it, the movie was very light on villains. I think Zemo was the only main villain.

The Winter Soldier is a guy who should be put to death for crimes against humanity.

Black Widow, from the comics, is supposed to have some kind of stinger weapon. I was happy to see her given an electrical stinger in the movie.

This movie wasn't actually a Captain America movie, even though he probably got the most screen time. It was really an Avengers movie.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:07 pm

Monster wrote:I saw Captain America: Civil War just now. It's excellent.

I'm really impressed with the way Captain America has been brought to the screen.

I would have imagined a director having nightmares on how to make an overtly nationalistic icon, acceptable to an international audience. Yet that's exactly what has happened.

I think what they did was make Captain America's personality more like a 1930's "G-Man", a legacy personality from the 1930s and then let the other characters make fun of his "old ways". That way he becomes an underdog yet remains representing an "old style USA" that the whole world watched and liked, in the 1950's Superman TV show. I think this was really clever. Also I don't know the actor who plays Captain American, but he is perfect for the role. He delivers his lines sincerely where other actors would ham it up.

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:07 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Monster wrote:I saw Captain America: Civil War just now. It's excellent.

I'm really impressed with the way Captain America has been brought to the screen.

I would have imagined a director having nightmares on how to make an overtly nationalistic icon, acceptable to an international audience. Yet that's exactly what has happened.

I think what they did was make Captain America's personality more like a 1930's "G-Man", a legacy personality from the 1930s and then let the other characters make fun of his "old ways". That way he becomes an underdog yet remains representing an "old style USA" that the whole world watched and liked, in the 1950's Superman TV show. I think this was really clever. Also I don't know the actor who plays Captain American, but he is perfect for the role. He delivers his lines sincerely where other actors would ham it up.

Chris Evans.

He was also Human Torch in the first of the recent Fantastic Four movies and he sucked at that. His Human Torch character was a kind of "bad boy" douche. He does the serious roles so much better.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:13 am

Monster wrote: Chris Evans. He was also Human Torch in the first of the recent Fantastic Four movies and he sucked at that. .
I should have noticed that. There you go. His character acting made me think he was two different people.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:38 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:I'm really impressed with the way Captain America has been brought to the screen.

I think you've forgotten a little Turkish film about Spiderman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BlUYTqCqc0&t=54m14s
Look, Captain America, right in there being all good-guy-ish.

"Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Good night Americanos!"
#ANDAMOVIE

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:40 am

I've always wonder if Magneto's outfit was magenta simply because of the similarity in spelling.

Magneto.

Magenta.
#ANDAMOVIE

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:41 am

Hang on a tick:

Gord wrote:Image

How do you trademark a colour shade?? :befuddled:

Blue! I claim blue! It's mine, all mine! *runs off to trademark a colour*
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:14 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9mpwtU1e1U

Frankly, I don't understand why Monster likes these films, so much. This is the most recent superhero film released in Australia and it's OK but it's not Citizen Kane, last year's big hit down here.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:14 am

They look really lost in the introduction. Even when they're driving down what's most probably a straight road.

I love how the guy guarding the door knew there was an explosion inside the room, but continued to guard the door. And is the bad guy's hand bulletproof? There sure are a lot of ways to cut your right hand!

"You're spying on me, I won't have it!" the guy says ... and then he leaves the room to let Carter spy.

Dr. Batman diagnosed a throat hemorrhage. Luckily the guy will be able to talk once something, uh...something something? Treatment? No? No treatment? Okay then. I'm sure the dying guy will be fine.
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:17 am

Gord wrote:They look really lost in the introduction. Even when they're driving down what's most probably a straight road.
I don't really know, but I assume that these 1940's serials are the cheapest form of movie production that made it to big screens in the 1940s.

I like to imagine that I'm Chris Nolan, who directed the recent Batman trilogy and imagine, if he could turn the plots of these 1940's Batman serials into modern movies. In a way, I guess he does exactly that.

Stephen Spielberg openly said that he wanted to get "the feel" of these 1940's serials into his "Indiana Jones" series. You can see the "paced cliff hangers" in the first two Indiana Jones films.

One thing I've learned over the years is that you have to watch everything to understand what works and what doesn't. I watch Disney films, light romantic films, horror, cartoons, Sci-Fi, foreign films,art films....the whole schmozzle.

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:27 am

Since you mentioned watching everything to see what works, I shall barf a story into this thread about something I learned.

I listen to old radio shows. A lot. They're my primary form of entertainment these days. Most of what I listen to is from the 1940s and is American. Typically mystery and horror stuff. Some shows are from Britain and Canada but those are from later decades.

I have learned that your story's premise can be mind bogglingly stupid, but if the storytelling is good, then you have a good show.

I've also learned that background music in radio shows doesn't work. It's a distraction and it injures the shows. Incidental music, however, does work.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:40 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:One thing I've learned over the years is that you have to watch everything to understand what works and what doesn't. I watch Disney films, light romantic films, horror, cartoons, Sci-Fi, foreign films,art films....the whole schmozzle.

Everything I learned about growing old came from cartoons.

I could really use an instruction manual right about now.
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:43 am

Monster wrote: I listen to old radio shows. A lot. They're my primary form of entertainment these days. Most of what I listen to is from the 1940s and is American. Typically mystery and horror stuff. Some shows are from Britain and Canada but those are from later decades.

I'm a television production accountant and lawyer. Two major radio networks merged in Australia last year. They own two talk-back syndicated stations and desire to convert one national syndicated station to "lifestyle". I represent the magazine publisher and television network who own the rights to the US owned Better Homes & Gardens brand in Australia. BH&G is already a TV show and magazine in Australia. I worked on the TV show when it started 27 years ago. I am negotiating with the radio network to produce a panel radio show using the TV and Magazine BH&G talent. In reality I am creating a format to sell TV lifestyle shows and Magazine title branded themed shows to radio as an ongoing strategy for the network and publisher. (The merged radio network has lost $62 million since the merge....they are desperate)

So I sat down for three weeks and tried to wrap my brains around lifestyle radio programming. I did this by listening to old radio shows.

Drama
Drama on radio, is simply too expensive. You need someone to write scripts. It takes a month to script one hour of drama airtime. You then need "read throughs" and a producer and director. Therefore, despite drama being "good stuff" it is simply too expensive.

Panel Shows
I am stealing every thing I can learn from 60's and 70's panel shows. The MC of the panel is not a star but a "pacer setter" who keeps the panel in line. As my boys & girls come from TV and magazines, they do not know how to ad-lib on air. This is a mega problem. Therefore I am casting for an experienced radio comedian, who will ask TV viewers questions to the same celebrities on TV and in the magazine...on the radio show. I am going to pre-record the show so I can record 5 x 1Hour episodes in one day and cut costs. This also allows an editor to edit out fluffed lines by inexperienced celebrity panel members.

Comedy
Again this is simply too hard and has to be scripted. Frankly I cannot think of a radio comedy show that can fill five X one hours for a weekday slot.

If you have any bright ideas on how to fill an 5 x 1hour weekday slots, that could be called "lifestyle" then I'm all ears.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:06 am

Rerunz.

Therez 55 yirz uv color TV showz from America and England that will be 80% new to 80% uv the audiens. You can pick the most dramatic drama, funnyest comedy, violentest action and not run out for 10 yirz. Even the 20% who hav seen any particular show before will be happy to see it agen.

Problem solved. Cut the check!
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:15 am

JO 753 wrote:Rerunz.
That is, indeed an answer, however the current sponsors of radio shows like to hear their names read out during the shows...."in show"

Radio networks sell three different forms of advertising.
1) Sponsorship as in "Welcome to the Colgate Mystery hour"

2) Pre-recorded adverts "Jingles and a repeated advert relying on reinforcement"

3) Live-reads as in the on air talent saying "...and I will now thank our sponsor on air. Do you have sore back? Well the folks at Johnson and Johnson.."

JO 753 wrote:Cut the check
I'm doing this for equity, not money.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:18 am

OK. So how much equity do I hav?

In show adverts may thrill the sponsorz, but do zilch for the entertainment value. That = less viewerz. But, with modern new fangled teknolojy, you coud modify the old showz!

Put a can uv Coke in Gilligan'z hand in plase uv the coconut. Jeannie blinks a 2017 Cadillac STS into the living room insted uv a 71 Rollz Royce. Therez a poster on the wall with your morning zoo team in Doogie Howzerz dorm room. All the muzik played in WKRP can be replased with your promoted bandz. Its majik!

Now wuts my share up to? How do I sell it? I'm short on cash.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:If you have any bright ideas on how to fill an 5 x 1hour weekday slots, that could be called "lifestyle" then I'm all ears.

I think I can't help you.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:24 am

JO 753 wrote: In show adverts may thrill the sponsorz, but do zilch for the entertainment value. That = less viewerz. But, with modern new fangled teknolojy, you coud modify the old showz!

Firstly, TVCs (television commercials) are not really about entertainment. They are more about reinforcement. You see TVC once and then every time you see it again, the brand is reinforced on you memory. The "jingle" or "product tune" is simply a device to make you remember.

Secondly, you can't cut up old shows for lots of reasons, mostly concerning contractual copyright. However in the last 20 or so years, non contractual moral rights have been legislated in most countries. This means that an actress in "I dream of Jeannie" may have assigned all her rights to Screen Gems Productions, but Screen Gems Productions cannot use her image to sell products, as that was never in her mind at contract formation. When Coke put Humphrey Bogart's image in a Coke TVC Coke did this with his estate's permission.

For Radio and TV , there are pre-recorded advertisements and "in-show' live read advertisements because, when the show is syndicated to other stations, the local station can drop in its own pre-recorded adverts. The "Live reads" remain in all broadcast versions. What you are talking about is "product placement" in show and it is hard to get dead actors into new shows, for obvious reasons.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:40 am

Monster wrote: I think I can't help you.

Fair enough.

What frustrated me the most was sitting in the board room of the radio network. There were three ad-sales guys and one corporate bloke. Not one of them had ever produced a radio show. They ran the network. They had branding in their minds but not the actual show to carry the brand.

However, on the board room's wall was a huge reproduction of their old weekly broadcast timetable poster from 1953. This poster was put up in public so people would know when to "tune in". The shows were a mixture of US and UK radio dramas and local "quiz shows" and the inevitable horse racing discussion shows.

There is no point "reinventing the wheel" if you can simply re-work existing successful historical formats.

Look at "QI" with Stephen Fry. That show is basically "Just a Minute" for 1960's British radio, moved across to TV. It is now a decade long hit and costs next to nothing to produce.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:35 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Firstly, TVCs (television commercials) are not really about entertainment. They are more about reinforcement. You see TVC once and then every time you see it again, the brand is reinforced on you memory.

I wuz talking about the showz. Having the host talk about a product just kuz the sponsor paid him to, especially if it haz nothing to do with the show, killz the show. If there wuz sumthing entertaining going on, it stops rite there and just like with a normal comershl break, peeps are walking out uv the room or chanjing the station. (not everybody, for sure) Wether they return or not dependz on how badly they are turned off.

But, sins you mention it, the entertainment value uv regular commercialz iz important also. If its zero, you dont need to repeat it many timez befor peepl HATE it. Trying to re-enfors that iz obviously a horrible idea. Good example - the 'instant dubl' spots that the US Army ran sum yirz back and Passages uv Malibu rehab are uzing now. The comershl playz, then without any gap at all, playz agen! Even tho the content iznt bad, the instant repeat bugd the poop out uv me! Seriously, I needed to punch sumbudy! I can safely assume that I am not the only wun who suffered this reaction.

Secondly, you can't cut up old shows for lots of reasons, mostly concerning contractual copyright. However in the last 20 or so years, non contractual moral rights have been legislated in most countries. This means that an actress in "I dream of Jeannie" may have assigned all her rights to Screen Gems Productions, but Screen Gems Productions cannot use her image to sell products, as that was never in her mind at contract formation. When Coke put Humphrey Bogart's image in a Coke TVC Coke did this with his estate's permission.

Interesting detailz.

Copyrite lawz messed up WKRP in Cinnccinatti on DVD. The rites to alot uv songz hadnt been secured properly by newer standardz, so on the DVD set, alot uv them had to be replased.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:04 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Look at "QI" with Stephen Fry. That show is basically "Just a Minute" for 1960's British radio, moved across to TV. It is now a decade long hit and costs next to nothing to produce.

QI is about Stephen Fry and whatever funny comedians he can find with whom to exchange gentle mockery. Now that he's left the show, I'll have a hard time watching it. Is Sandi Toksvig still scheduled to be the new presenter. I like her. But it will be a different show without Fry, bless his big heart, and I'm not sure I won't be able to watch without feeling a weird sort of resentment that she's has "replaced" him. (That's why I stopped watching the Daily Show -- Trevor Noah is okay, but I keep seeing him "trying to be Jon Stewart" and it makes me bitter.)

The Nightly Show suffers from a severe anti-science infection. I've seen some of Larry Wilmore's guests talk about vaccines causing autism, or how meaningless it is to find water on Mars when the same money could be spent on Kim Kardashian's ass. If I found him funnier I'd probably still watch him, but I'm clearly not his target audience and some of his jokes are just going over my head. Or maybe they're going under my head, I'm not sure. A few of his guests do need more thorough vetting, though. He let's just anyone say just anything, and he's not prepared to challenge them on their anti-science or conspiracy theories.

Last Week Tonight is entertaining, but a few of their "mistakes" have made me grind my teeth. In one episode, he ranted about media misleading the public regarding science by misreporting studies. Then in another episode he ranted about how it wasn't rats that spread the Black Death, it was gerbils. His second rant misreported the study, which never said rats weren't responsible for spreading the Black Death, and never said gerbils were responsible -- instead, the study suggested the Black Death repeatedly died out in Europe only to be reintroduced again from a source region in Asia, and was carried into Europe by small animals which might include (but was certainly not limited to) gerbils, where it was then spread by rats. His rant against the media's misrepresentation of science applies directly to himself. But I still watch him, he's funny.

Samantha Bee's Full Frontal is another one I still watch, even though it's the lesser of the two when compared with Last Week Tonight. Very feminist based, which is fine, but she really needs to check her facts. A few of the things she's said between jokes have made her just as misrepresentative of facts as FOX (but at least she doesn't bring on guests to misrepresent or deride science like Wilmore does). Still, she's funny, so I watch her too.
#ANDAMOVIE

Major Malfunction
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Postby Major Malfunction » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:22 am

What?!? No Fry? Phfft.

Have you seen Jeeves and Wooster? Very clever, and very funny.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

ElectricMonk
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:36 am

Stephen Fry's performance has deteriorated ever since Blackadder. Granted, it's a very slow fall from a very great height, so he is still way better than almost anyone.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Bah! Magnificent though he was in Blackadder, he was clearly superior as Jeeves.

Hugh Laurie, also magnificent. "I shall return and vreak my rewengey!" I say that every few months, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie546D_tcwk
#ANDAMOVIE

Return to “Popular Culture”