Electric Cars

Step right up for 3-card Monte...
bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Re: Electric Cars

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:04 am

ftl: "They died a natural death – a free market death." //// Ha, ha....there is no free market. Never has been, never will be. It didn't take long for horses to be banned from roadways and for mass transit to be bought up and torn down. Where is the free market in that? Where is the free market in keeping the truth of AGW out of the public limelight?

There is no free market. Only a competition of vested interests out slimming the others. When the gubment puts its boot on the market as they always do, and can't avoid, we can only hope its on the right side. Going green is certainly the right side. Other issues are deminimus.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Post by JO 753 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:03 pm

TJrandom wrote:Plus, our current car may last that long.
I can fix that for you. :)
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:38 pm

JO 753 wrote:
TJrandom wrote:Plus, our current car may last that long.
I can fix that for you. :)
Ah, what a nice guy! :roll:

Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Post by Major Malfunction » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:28 am

I like the sound of the Chevy Volt. It's got about 85 km range pure electric, charges in 4 hours on 240v. Switches seamlessly to petrol after that, uses 5.5 L/100km, with a total range of 700 km. The batteries are supposed to be sturdy, too. Lasting 200,000+ km.

Range is important to me because I live in the middle of {!#%@}, and I like to go for long country drives.

The only downsides are: I can't afford it, they're not available in Australia, and you can't take the lid off.

Otherwise I'd be all over it.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.