Netanyahu Says He Will Compromise

Step right up for 3-card Monte...
Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Re: Netanyahu Says He Will Compromise

Postby Tom Palven » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:30 am

Pat Buchanan takes on fellow Republicans as the Likudnik tail continues to wag the dog:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/12/pat ... ica-first/
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:29 pm

The basis for the Likudnik-US Neo-conservative love affair:

http://www.haaretz.com/peace/1.601112
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Upton_O_Goode
Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Yup, he'll compromise....with Trump! Maybe Trump can leverage this into some more hotels in Israel, so it's a win-win, you see, for the only two parties that matter to these guys.

It's a sign of how desperate the Palestinians are that the cling to the thoroughly discredited notion that the United States will be an honest broker in their dealings with Israel. Israel is cutting its own throat with the settlements and the annexations that look like they will soon occur. (And why not? Trump openly welcomed them during his campaign.) As Ehud Barak says, the choice will be either a state in which all the residents have civil rights and none have any privileges and majority Arab/Muslim; or it will be an apartheid state—definitely not a democracy—in which a minority of the residents have civil rights and the others are a permanent underclass. This has all the inevitability of a Greek tragedy, and I keep asking how it could have been avoided. If the US and Great Britain had just spent more time laying the groundwork for a state where Jewish refugees would be welcome, or (imagine this!) taken in those refugees themselves, thereby gaining a valuable, hard-working group of new citizens. But they preferred to put the refugees in a place where the local population was hostile, and thereby stirred up a seemingly unending hostility and an unending cycle of revenge: an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, an arm for an arm, a leg for a leg, a life for a life.... Depressing. I should add that I don't blame the Jewish settlers who went there during the 1940s. Given the world's indifference to their fate, they were well justified in telling the world to go hang.

But now, well, it's a situation we're stuck with. I really cannot see any way through it, around it, under it, or over it, at least none that doesn't involve a horrible massacre of one side or the other.
“One day a Tzadik came to Sodom....He preached to the people. "Please do not be murderers, do not be thieves."... Finally someone asked him, "Rabbi, why do you do that? Don't you see it is no use?" He said,... "I will tell you why: in the beginning I thought I had to protest and to shout in order to change them. I have given up this hope. Now I know I must picket and scream and shout so that they should not change me."’ – Elie Wiesel, “Words from a Witness”.

Poodle
Has More Than 7K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:34 pm

I think the groundwork had been laid by others and a long time before you may think, UOG ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism

Return to “Scams and Con Games”