Regressive PC reverse racist liberalism

Stuff of interest on the Web...
Lausten
Persistent Poster

Regressive PC reverse racist liberalism

Postby Lausten » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:37 am

Well I said I would post my blog that picks apart a video by some moderate Muslim group. The biggest problem I have with this video is I can't tell what they want me to get from it, other than to be afraid. I did the blog because someone asked my opinion on this. They argued with me along similar lines of the Venerable one. The discussion ended when I asked if he felt the part about refugees had a similar ring to Donald Trump rhetoric. His answer was that he only wanted foreigners here if they had work visas. Okay, I'll just go over... there... now.

It's only 15 minutes, but honestly, I wouldn't waste that much time on it. The Syrian refugee part comes within 3 minutes, and normally I would have moved on at that point. The blog is tl;dr. I don't usually do minute by minute breakdowns like that, but it was interesting to see how she built her tower of fear, culminating in a old timey preacher-like hypnotic pattern of "do YOU think that is a radical belief?" Watch it for entertainment purposes only.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Re: Regressive PC reverse racist liberalism

Postby Lausten » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:37 pm

I just re-read Sam Harris' Salon Interview (the unedited version on his blog), and found this gem.

The crucial point, however, is not the strangeness of an idea, but how it is arrived at and granted credence. Some methodologies are truth-preserving, in that they reliably get our wishful thinking out of the way so that we can believe a proposition to the degree that there’s good evidence and a good arguments for it. Other methodologies safeguard fraud and self-deception as though they were precious resources—and some even reward a person for being willing to die for a proposition for which he has no evidence whatsoever.

I think this video is safeguarding some fraud. Don't know what the fraud is yet, but it's methodology is not truth-preserving.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Wild animal

Re: Regressive PC reverse racist liberalism

Postby Gord » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:12 pm

Lausten wrote:it's methodology

its
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Return to “Links”