Wild-Born / Psionics

Read any good books lately?
TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Wild-Born / Psionics

Postby TJrandom » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:02 am

I recently came across the word Psionic and found Wild-Born, free on Amazon, so decided to give it a try. The reviews were good, so I bought the five-book set - not wanting to be tied to a screen as I read it.

Wild-Born, is excellently written, fast moving, with great characters, and is totally believable assuming that you believe in Psionics. But even if you don`t, it is still a great story and should be enjoyed by readers of all ages. In the continuing story, I look forward to seeing Adrian through his adventures with his new family of friends and to success in addressing his adversaries.

Highly recommended for a cold winter day.

clarsct
Frequent Poster

Re: Wild-Born / Psionics

Postby clarsct » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:13 am

I tend not to allow psionics in my game, as I find the first version broken and the rewrite irrelevant.

Oh..different thing altogether...carry on, then.
When Religion becomes State, and breaking the Law becomes a Sin, then Dissenters will become Heretics.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:42 am

clarsct wrote:I tend not to allow psionics in my game, as I find the first version broken and the rewrite irrelevant.

This is my first exposure to them – outside of the old Carrie movie and maybe the MIB TV show. The book seemed to be targeting juveniles, and since I have grandsons who are sprinting for bilingualism, I decided to push the envelope. Better than a deep dive into the Bible, conspiracy fantasies, etc., so…. Yes a fantasy, but in the world of fantasy, probably as harmless as they come.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:44 pm

clarsct wrote:I tend not to allow psionics in my game, as I find the first version broken and the rewrite irrelevant.

I agree. Back in the day, I would let my players have psionics, but then they would all want them "to be fair". I was a "fair" guy, so I let them all have psionics. It was horrible.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:29 pm

Gord wrote:

I agree. Back in the day, I would let my players have psionics, but then they would all want them "to be fair". I was a "fair" guy, so I let them all have psionics. It was horrible.

That sounds like the worst possible compromise.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

busterggi
Regular Poster
Custom Title: General Weirdness

Postby busterggi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:13 pm

No, no I totally agree. If its not in the White Box I look jaundiced at it.

busterggi
Regular Poster
Custom Title: General Weirdness

Postby busterggi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:14 pm

Gord wrote:

Hence why superhero rpgs were invented.

Return to “The Bookshelf”