Prometheus - A crew more obnoxious than the aliens.

Sort of like "The Bookshelf" but for... you get the idea.
User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9235
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Prometheus - A crew more obnoxious than the aliens.

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:03 am

Austin Harper wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:The sequel is called Alien: Covenant and let's hope it's better


For some reason I thought it was called Alien: Paradise. I stand corrected.
I have high hopes for this one.

In an interview back in September Scott said it would be titled Alien: Paradise Lost but then in November he changed it to Alien: Covenant.


I have high hopes for this one.
Asked to explain why they hate Jews, anti-Semites contradict themselves. Jews are always showing off; they are hermetic and secretive. They will not assimilate; they assimilate only too well. They are too religious; they are too materialistic, and a threat to religion. They are uncultured; they have too much culture. They avoid manual work; they work too hard. They are miserly; they are ostentatious spenders. They are inveterate capitalists; they are born Communists. And so on.

User avatar
Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4739
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Re: Prometheus - A crew more obnoxious than the aliens.

Post by Jeff_36 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:47 am

Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:
Jeff_36 wrote:The sequel is called Alien: Covenant and let's hope it's better


For some reason I thought it was called Alien: Paradise. I stand corrected.
I have high hopes for this one.

In an interview back in September Scott said it would be titled Alien: Paradise Lost but then in November he changed it to Alien: Covenant.


I have high hopes for this one.


Moi Aussi. It really liked Prometheus and this looks like it will be at least as good as the original Alien.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22013
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Prometheus - A crew more obnoxious than the aliens.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:21 pm

Jeffk 1970 wrote:I have high hopes for this one.

And then ... silence.

;)
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Jeffk 1970
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9235
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 3:00 am

Re: Prometheus - A crew more obnoxious than the aliens.

Post by Jeffk 1970 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Jeffk 1970 wrote:I have high hopes for this one.

And then ... silence.

;)


:lol:

I actually liked Covenant but I seem to be in a minority.
Asked to explain why they hate Jews, anti-Semites contradict themselves. Jews are always showing off; they are hermetic and secretive. They will not assimilate; they assimilate only too well. They are too religious; they are too materialistic, and a threat to religion. They are uncultured; they have too much culture. They avoid manual work; they work too hard. They are miserly; they are ostentatious spenders. They are inveterate capitalists; they are born Communists. And so on.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 12445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Prometheus - A crew more obnoxious than the aliens.

Post by Major Malfunction » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:05 pm

I know I've seen it, but I don't remember it. Origin story of the android, or something. Then I must've fallen asleep. Or my brain didn't even bother.

Either way.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22013
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Prometheus - A crew more obnoxious than the aliens.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:50 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:I know I've seen it, but I don't remember it. Origin story of the android, or something. Then I must've fallen asleep. Or my brain didn't even bother.

Either way.

Sure sign of BSS.*

*Brain Sucker Syndrome
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Posts: 12445
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 am
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: Prometheus - A crew more obnoxious than the aliens.

Post by Major Malfunction » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:51 pm

Not BS Story?
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Posts: 22013
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Prometheus - A crew more obnoxious than the aliens.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:48 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:Not BS Story?

I was there first.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Post Reply