This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:12 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: Well here is a perfect opportunity for you to show your theory working in action. Angel, who is trolling in this thread is a Christian and posts quotes from the Bible here as "the truth". Start a discussion with Angel and show her that her "God" is evil.
Gnostic Bishop wrote: You are correct and that is why I post more for the lurkers than for her.

OK. So, firstly, your plan to show how bad the fictional God is, to a religious person, does not work on that actual person.

Secondly, the lurkers on a science based skeptic forum are unlikely to be seeking religious guidance from skeptics. Angel has been a lurker here for over a decade and still is totally religious and spamming stories about her "God" and "Jesus". If we show her the bad things her fictional "God" has done she will simply spam more stuff about her "God".

The better scenario is to eliminate any reference to her "God" and demand she only responds with educated scientific reasoning. Eventually she will work out her "God" may as well be a pink unicorn or a Leprechaun or Santa Claus or any other fictional character, to us Skeptics.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:19 pm

Angel wrote: Do u expect me to entertain ur meanness ?
No. As a forum "lab rat" I expect you to behave exactly as a religious person does, so I can use you to explain illogical religious behaviour to other people.

Angel wrote:It will cost you
So far it hasn't cost me a cent and you have been quite useful as an example. :lol:

Angel
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: LOVE

Postby Angel » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:22 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote: Do u expect me to entertain ur meanness ?
No. As a forum "lab rat" I expect you to behave exactly as a religious person does, so I can use you to explain illogical religious behaviour to other people.

Angel wrote:It will cost you
So far it hasn't cost me a cent and you have been quite useful as an example. :lol:

Sorry to have to inform you but you
are the lab rat. Any human will expariment a
on the one thing he knows even if he
don't know it. Hehe

Mmmm~ burnt offerings.....

Ps~ what happens to the false prophets?
*~ •~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*
They say Scorpio is ruled by Pluto.
Did my babies arise from Hades?
Do I have the keys?
Inquiring minds are too afraid to inquire.

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:28 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:Christians already have a defense mechanism to hand wave that argument away.
"God works in mysterious ways"

Gnostic Bishop wrote:I agree that the religious are delusional. So why would you not want to help rid them of their delusional thinking, given the damage that that is doing to society?
Matthew Ellard wrote:You are arguing that fictional religious narratives are good evidence to use against other fictional religious narratives. That hasn't worked for 2,500 years. It is better to drop any connection to religion and let people fully replace religious philosophy with the rational scientific explanation. If you don't do that we will still be arguing "How many Angels can logically dance on a pin?" or "Can God make a stone so heavy God can't lift it?". That would be a complete waste of time. :D

Gnostic Bishop wrote:A religious belief is not fiction to the believer and to call him delusional just kills any effort to show him that what he believes is immoral.
It is a fiction to the religious person. If two religious idiots can argue about "how many angels can dance on a pin" and both remain religious, then that is clear evidence that you plan to show that "God" is a wicked person simply does not work and has not worked.

Gnostic Bishop wrote:You go ahead and do your thing and I will do mine.
Well here is a perfect opportunity for you to show your theory working in action. Angel, who is trolling in this thread is a Christian and posts quotes from the Bible here as "the truth". Start a discussion with Angel and show her that her "God" is evil. :lol:

You won't make a dent. Angel will simply go into her defensive mode and say "God works in mysterious ways". Indeed most members here have put Angel on ignore, because Angel cannot respond in a logical manner and is unable to see any paradoxes in her Biblical "God". She simply ignores those arguments.
]

You are correct and that is why I post more for the lurkers than for her.

People will see how poorly she apologises for her God and that is good enough for me.

Every time she shows her inability, that is a dent, hopefully, into an undecided lurker.

Regards
DL

What inability are you referring to?
The inability to conform?
I do not apologize for my God as he had
done nothing wrong. You have.
When are you going to apologize ?
Ya ~ that's what I thought.
Do I have the keys?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:23 pm

Angel wrote:Sorry to have to inform you but you are the lab rat.
No. You are the Christian who holds impossible conflicting beliefs with no evidence to support them.

Gnostic Bishop claimed he could bring you to your senses by showing you these conflicts (God does evil things). I claimed the opposite, saying that "Christians" have defense mechanisms that prevent them seeing logic.

We tried the experiment on you and here you are, showing your defense mechanisms but simultaneously not offering any logical counter argument. Thank you for being the lab rat. That's why we keep you here remember?
Laboratory-rat-008.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:28 pm

Angel wrote: I do not apologize for my God as he had done nothing wrong.
God killed off millions of innocent children in the flood. Explain to us how that is a good thing? :lol:

(You won't. You will simply post another incoherent poem and spam how wonderful "God" is again. You can't help it.) :lol:

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:01 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote: I do not apologize for my God as he had done nothing wrong.
God killed off millions of innocent children in the flood. Explain to us how that is a good thing? :lol:

(You won't. You will simply post another incoherent poem and spam how wonderful "God" is again. You can't help it.) :lol:

You cannot claim God killed innocent children
in some flood if you were not there.
(Nor if you deny God. lol)
You go s pam someone else.
Do I have the keys?

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:04 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote:Sorry to have to inform you but you are the lab rat.
No. You are the Christian who holds impossible conflicting beliefs with no evidence to support them.

Gnostic Bishop claimed he could bring you to your senses by showing you these conflicts (God does evil things). I claimed the opposite, saying that "Christians" have defense mechanisms that prevent them seeing logic.

We tried the experiment on you and here you are, showing your defense mechanisms but simultaneously not offering any logical counter argument. Thank you for being the lab rat. That's why we keep you here remember? Laboratory-rat-008.jpg

Oh how adorable I am!!
Not my fsult u guys don't have the
brains to come up with a good test.
You fail. Not I.

Please produce this killer God.
Do I have the keys?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:14 am

Angel wrote: You cannot claim God killed innocent children in some flood if you were not there.
You really are quite mentally retarded aren't you. You were quoting the Bible as the truth only a week ago.

Genesis 6:17
For behold, I am the Lord ("God") and I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die.

Why did your "God" hate and thus kill millions of innocent children? :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:20 am

Laboratory-rat-008.jpg
Angel wrote: Oh how adorable I am!!
...and as intelligent. :lol:

Angel wrote:Not my fsult u guys don't have the brains to come up with a good test.
We finished the test. You didn't notice. Generally the lab rats don't have the experiment explained to them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:30 am

Getting back to the OP:

Incontrovertible proof that a Bronze Age fictional character does not conform to a principle enunciated over 1000 years later in a different story altogether.

QED. :pr:
Scientists don't know everything, therefore my favorite flavor of stoopidz is true.

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:Laboratory-rat-008.jpg
Angel wrote: Oh how adorable I am!!
...and as intelligent. :lol:

Angel wrote:Not my fsult u guys don't have the brains to come up with a good test.
We finished the test. You didn't notice. Generally the lab rats don't have the experiment explained to them.

Well at lest I am free. You still have to
play their game.
Do I have the keys?

busterggi
Regular Poster
Custom Title: General Weirdness

Postby busterggi » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:59 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote: You cannot claim God killed innocent children in some flood if you were not there.
You really are quite mentally retarded aren't you. You were quoting the Bible as the truth only a week ago.

For behold, I am the Lord ("God") and I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life under heaven. Everything that is on the earth shall die.

Actually Angel is correct for a change. There was no biblical flood so his fictional god did not kill millions of innocent children.

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Lausten » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:45 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Getting back to the OP:

Incontrovertible proof that a Bronze Age fictional character does not conform to a principle enunciated over 1000 years later in a different story altogether.

Nailed it. Everything else in this thread is trolling of trolling.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Postby Lausten » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:50 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Lausten wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
For the evils of religions to grow, all good atheists, as well as other good people need do, is nothing.

If you do not get that then your thinking has something seriously wrong with it.

Regards
DL

I completely get that. It's not even difficult. It's practically common knowledge.

But you aren't saying "do something", you aren't even asking "what should be done".

What you are saying is, "Do exactly as I do. Agree with me. Think like me. My reasoning is sound and your's is not."

The "Bishop" part of your name fits you perfectly.

I do not push my methods as most do not have my personality. I push any action against evil you decide to do.

Regards
DL

You push what? So, if I push an action against evil, you'll push that too? Saying my thinking is "seriously wrong" is a "push".

You're statement about doing nothing is irrelevant. You have no idea what I do.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:01 pm

Angel wrote:Well at lest (sic) I am free. You still have play their game.
Nope. You have to obey "God and Jesus" or burn in hell.

I don't have to obey anyone.
:lol:

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:31 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Nope. You have to obey "God and Jesus" or burn in hell... :lol:

To avoid that, one brings offerings... :twisted:

Spoiler:

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:17 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:

I don't have to obey anyone.

Nope.
I am forgiven my trespasses.
God is good.

You have to obey the gov. The authorities.
Your mother . LoL
Your girlfriend .
The parking police. Your boss. .........
Do I have the keys?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:02 pm

JAngel wrote:*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•

ftfy :mrgreen:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:55 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: Nope. You have to obey "God and Jesus" or burn in hell. I don't have to obey anyone. :lol:
Angel wrote:Nope. I am forgiven my trespasses.
So have to seek forgiveness from a fictional bronze age middle-eastern "God" and think you are free? You are a prisoner to your own religion.
Angel wrote: God is good.
Yet God killed millions of innocent children in the Biblical flood and you still bow and pray to him, so he doesn't do the same to you. You are the prisoner. :lol:

digress
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: doomer

Postby digress » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:24 am

Gnostic Bishop wrote:This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
DL

doesnt matter because god owns u, slave
  God is an idea.  

"For now, I am going to err on the side of freedom of speech..." -Pyrrho
"Every instance that has always existed is a piece of evidence that God is not needed." -yrreg

OlegTheBatty
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:17 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:

I don't have to obey anyone except Amanda

FTFY. Loose lips sink ships.

I hope I remembered her name correctly
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Gnostic Bishop
Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Angel wrote:[

So genocide and the torture and killing of innocent babies and children is not wrong to you.

Thanks for making my point as to Christianity corrupting the morals of people.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:10 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Getting back to the OP:

I think you time line is off.

That reciprocity rule is way older than Christianity. There is nothing in Christianity that was not plagiarized from other older belief systems, except perhaps substitutionary atonement, although most older religions thought that punishing the guilty and not the innocent was the moral thing to do.

I am aware that it is all fiction but if children can determine who is good and who is evil in their fairy tales, we adults should be able to do the same in our fairy tales for adults which is basically what religions are.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:17 pm

busterggi wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

Actually Angel is correct for a change. There was no biblical flood so his fictional god did not kill millions of innocent children.

If you are not going to read scriptures literally, then there is no God or Jesus either.

And if you are going to read the scriptures literally enough to believe in a real Jesus, then you have to indicate how much of the bible to scrap and how much is truth.

Good luck with that kind of chintzy apologetics.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:21 pm

Lausten wrote:
You push what?

Fighting evil.

So, if I push an action against evil, you'll push that too?

If I agree with you on the evil, then yes.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:25 pm

digress wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
DL

doesnt matter because god owns u, slave

He, to Christians owns us for sure, but that does not mean that we should let our owner corrupt our thinking the way he has corrupted the thinking of Christian believers.

Regards
DL

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:02 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:

So genocide and the torture and killing of innocent babies and children is not wrong to you.

Regards
DL

U silly poster u!!!
Nature doesn't create criminals ~ society does.
I am not a part of any social group. I post here
yet I am not a part of any group. Group thinking
corrupts the process of thinking.
Do I have the keys?

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:13 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
JAngel wrote:*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•

ftfy :mrgreen:

I dono get it... :chip:
Do I have the keys?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:10 pm

Angel wrote: I am not a part of any social group.
You joined the Skeptic Society forum as "a member". Did you forget?

Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:43 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote: ... plagiarized from other older belief systems ...

Or more likely independently discovered.

But my timeline is WRT "Moses" versus Jesus.

Confucius didn't say he was God or got it from God etc.

Timeline might still be a bit off though.
Scientists don't know everything, therefore my favorite flavor of stoopidz is true.

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Postby Lausten » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:24 am

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
If you are not going to read scriptures literally, then there is no God or Jesus either.

And if you are going to read the scriptures literally enough to believe in a real Jesus, then you have to indicate how much of the bible to scrap and how much is truth.

Regards
DL

Just what does "read the scriptures literally" mean anyway? I can see some simple answers, like it literally means God created the world in 6 days. But you run into trouble on page 2 with a slightly different creation story. Or if you take the 683 laws literally, how do you handle the contradictions, not to mention the various covenants, however many there are. And there are no literal instructions for getting to heaven.

I like Majid Nawaaz's term "vacuous" reading. It implies that you are reading an isolated passage with no sense of the context, not even of the other canonical scripture that came before it, let alone the historical context, the translations, the copy errors, etc.

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:45 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote: I am not a part of any social group.
You joined the Skeptic Society forum as "a member". Did you forget?

Not really ~ I joined.
Member ~ just is~ it's not an option.
Do I have the keys?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:55 am

Lausten wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL

Just what does "read the scriptures literally" mean anyway? I can see some simple answers, like it literally means God created the world in 6 days. But you run into trouble on page 2 with a slightly different creation story. Or if you take the 683 laws literally, how do you handle the contradictions, not to mention the various covenants, however many there are. And there are no literal instructions for getting to heaven.

I like Majid Nawaaz's term "vacuous" reading. It implies that you are reading an isolated passage with no sense of the context, not even of the other canonical scripture that came before it, let alone the historical context, the translations, the copy errors, etc.

Reminds me of this book: https://www.amazon.com/Bible-As-Was-Jam ... 0674069412

Disclaimer: I remember reading it a few years ago but can't speak/vouch for its value.

Gnostic Bishop
Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Angel wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL

U silly poster u!!!
Nature doesn't create criminals ~ society does.
I am not a part of any social group. I post here
yet I am not a part of any group. Group thinking
corrupts the process of thinking.

Your thinking belies what you put.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:00 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote: ... plagiarized from other older belief systems ...

Or more likely independently discovered.

But my timeline is WRT "Moses" versus Jesus.

Confucius didn't say he was God or got it from God etc.

Timeline might still be a bit off though.

Sigh.

The Sumerians taught the Captive Jews how to read and write by having them copy the Sumerian myths.

Ignore expert scholars at your own risk.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x84m5k ... -of-3_news

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Lausten wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL

I hear you.

I think that vacuous reading are good words to describe what believers are doing when reading their holy books.

Regards
DL

Angel
Frequent Poster

Postby Angel » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:54 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Lausten wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL

Reminds me of this book: https://www.amazon.com/Bible-As-Was-Jam ... 0674069412

Disclaimer: I remember reading it a few years ago but can't speak/vouch for its value.

Have you ever experienced ~ when something
speaks to you? Then you just had to have it. ;-)
I am like that with knowledge and words.
So they are everywhere are are all out of order.
Out of context. This creates chaos and confusion
in the world. Then people start to fear talking
to each other. Especially when nothing you
say ~ sounds right. The spelling of a common
word ~ all of a sudden ~ doesn't sound right and
you actually have to ask for help spelling it.
I find knowledge in the bible when read
either way as I am able & willing to adapt.
Do I have the keys?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:29 pm

Angel wrote:Have you ever experienced ~ when something speaks to you? Then you just had to have it. I am like that with knowledge and words.
In reality, you can't spell basic word like "whether" and your posts are incoherent and make no sense.

Angel wrote:I find knowledge in the bible when read either way as I am able & willing to adapt.

What knowledge did you gain from the Bible concerning your "God" killing all innocent children in the flood? Would that be How to commit genocide? :lol:

Gnostic Bishop
Poster

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:36 pm

M E

+ 1

I think she might be quite young as compare to you and I.

That or just not bright enough to know how to dialog properly.

Regards
DL

Return to “The Letting Go of God Forum”