This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
User avatar
Gnostic Bishop
Poster
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:12 pm

This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Gnostic Bishop » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:22 pm

This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
DL

User avatar
gorgeous
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3109
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby gorgeous » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:05 pm

give evidence that God kills...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23588
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:03 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable. This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus. God then is clearly evil. Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?
I understand your argument and your logic makes sense. "God" killed millions of innocent babies in the flood, when he could have done something else. Therefore the character "God", in that story, is probably evil.

However, in essence we are arguing about the characters in a fictional story so it doesn't really matter. It is simply like wondering if Sherlock Holmes liked gin or whiskey? Does Ironman feel remorse when he kills a baddie? How does superman shave using earthly shavers?

The only people who have to worry about your question would be people who think "God" and "Jesus" are real.
:D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23588
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:05 pm

gorgeous wrote:give evidence that God kills...
Which "God" do you believe in? The "God" of the flood or another "God"? :lol:

User avatar
gorgeous
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3109
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby gorgeous » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:11 pm

no evidence
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23588
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:43 pm

gorgeous wrote:no evidence
That's right. There is no evidence any "God" exists.

Additionally , you don't seem to know which "God" you believe in? Is it the "God" who caused the flood or another "God"?

Can you remember which "God" you believe in, at all?
:lol:

User avatar
Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 pm
Custom Title: Deep

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Scott Mayers » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:02 am

I used a similar kind of reasoning minus the moral valued concept. AND, this was for whether we come from absolutely nothing or a something.

I argue that if we begin by assuming an original (absolute) something, this leads to a contradiction based on Godel's Incompleteness theorem. We cannot have reasoning most complete enough to justify all that 'exists' derives from another something without discovering some things that cannot (like the laws of physics or logic themselves). In contrast, if we begin with absolute nothingness, such a state of 'non-existence' lacks concern to break any 'law' of contradiction because not even laws exist in such an absolute state. Yet, being not even compelled to 'obey' some law that doesn't exist, this does not limit it to do so.

As such, it seems more rational to assume an origin of negation and why it makes better sense that should there be some 'god', it would more rationally be originating out of evil because all else that follows would only be an improvement to his credit.
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23588
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:49 am

Scott Mayers wrote:I used a similar kind of reasoning minus the moral valued concept. AND, this was for whether we come from absolutely nothing or a something.......


Hang on Scott. The opening post was pointing out something about fictional people in a fictional story. This only matters to religious people who believe in "God and Jesus".

To us atheists, it is like wondering if Batman uses a Gillette or Wilkinson razor to shave.....It is totally irrelevant and nothing to do with reality.

User avatar
gorgeous
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3109
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby gorgeous » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:50 am

where is the proof God kills people?
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23588
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:56 am

gorgeous wrote:where is the proof God kills people?

Which fictional "God" are you talking about?

As there is no such "God", there obviously is no such evidence.

If you believe in the biblical God and Jesus and that the Bible is a history document, then the evidence is the flood in the Bible.

Do you believe in the "God" of the bible? Yes or No?

User avatar
Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 pm
Custom Title: Deep

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Scott Mayers » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:59 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Scott Mayers wrote:I used a similar kind of reasoning minus the moral valued concept. AND, this was for whether we come from absolutely nothing or a something.......


Hang on Scott. The opening post was pointing out something about fictional people in a fictional story. This only matters to religious people who believe in "God and Jesus".

To us atheists, it is like wondering if Batman uses a Gillette or Wilkinson razor to shave.....It is totally irrelevant and nothing to do with reality.


We don't have the 'meta-history' on the original thinking that lead to what became religion. If it ever existed, it would have been certainly burned. But most religious origins are routed in quite rational thinking based on a likely original secular thinking and lifestyle.

God = "good" (related roots). But the original words likely treated any 'higher power' as a VARIABLE UNKNOWN, like a mathematical 'X'. Words that might describe this is "source", or "the egg" (Ye ova), "Aten/Adam" ('A thing' as that which is shaped of solid Earths), etc. The assignment of 'good' you see in the O.T. in Genesis where God acts and then asserts his work 'good' is to assign a "value" to existence rather than non-existence. At some point the Jewish YHWH (Ye ova, Je hovah, Yahwey) thought that things DID derive of nothing. They thought of this as being 'unspeakable' (ineffable) because they no one could imagine the possibility of a nothing to cause anything.

So I believe these do actually have some value for us even if we lack religion. They have 'hidden' roots which makes Gnostic somewhat correct on his take on this. It would be 'blasphemous' in ancient times to spell this out and why it was reserved as requiring one to infer this themselves.
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23588
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:36 am

Scott Meyer wrote:We don't have the 'meta-history' on the original thinking that lead to what became religion.
It depends on what you mean by "meta history." We sort of do know quite a bit about pre-monotheistic religions, from archaeology. I can take you back 60,000 years to burial with flowers in Iran.

Scott Meyer wrote: If it ever existed, it would have been certainly burned.
Judaism was an oral religion until 70BC.

Scott Meyer wrote:But most religious origins are routed in quite rational thinking based on a likely original secular thinking and lifestyle.
No. Norman Finkelstein points out that "not eating pork" was an arbitrary choice by one Levant tribe to differentiate itself from other tribes. It's like one football team wearing red jerseys rather than green. It wasn't rational to make that part of their religion.

Scott Meyer wrote:God = "good" (related roots).
"God" is a Germanic word. It hasn't got anything to do with YAWEH the word for god in the Torah, from the Middle East. The only big shared ancient word for 'god' from Indo-European language is Dyēus or theos. (Divinity in English, also used by the ancient Greeks for Zeuzz and in Hindu today as "div".

Scott Meyer wrote:But the original words likely treated any 'higher power' as a VARIABLE UNKNOWN, like a mathematical 'X'.
Div in Hindu means "shining" God probably meant "to pour'. It was more about the service than the god. You forget that all early religions had a pantheon and no singular god. If I wanted a safe ship I would give a gift to Neptune or Poseidon, as he ruled the seas.

User avatar
Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 pm
Custom Title: Deep

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Scott Mayers » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:03 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Scott Meyer wrote:We don't have the 'meta-history' on the original thinking that lead to what became religion.
It depends on what you mean by "meta history." We sort of do know quite a bit about pre-monotheistic religions, from archaeology. I can take you back 60,000 years to burial with flowers in Iran.

I'm familiar with the general history. I think that both oral language and scriptures have secular roots and that people were of similar intelligence as we do distributed across the spectrum. I might even guess that they were actually MORE secular than today's standards.

Scott Mayers wrote: If it ever existed, it would have been certainly burned.
Judaism was an oral religion until 70BC.

Judaism was mostly a derivative of Egytian and Babylonian cultures. The Assyrians had the general reign in Egypt for the last stages of Ancient Egyptian history. Aten became the Adam, Amen was the general 'end' of the day as referenced by the moon (a- moon), Eve is from "ova" or "hovah" and meant both "that which follows" (as evening, ever), and related to the egg as well as Yehova.

Scott Mayers wrote:But most religious origins are routed in quite rational thinking based on a likely original secular thinking and lifestyle.
No. Norman Finkelstein points out that "not eating pork" was an arbitrary choice by one Levant tribe to differentiate itself from other tribes. It's like one football team wearing red jerseys rather than green. It wasn't rational to make that part of their religion.


If you've ever had a pig, you'd know that they require lots of wet mud to prevent discomfort on their skin. The Middle East as semi-desert is not comfortable for pigs when it gets too dry because they have a tendency to NEED to scratch and do this by rubbing up against trees etc. But in such dry climates, this 'psoriasis' gets so annoying, the scratching can create a health problem because they will do it till they bleed and would be miserable for long treks through the desert.

So I think we can imagine some health issue regarding pigs would just as likely lead some at some point to ban eating it for thinking it creates disease. Maybe they had a bad epidemic.

Scott Mayers wrote:God = "good" (related roots).
"God" is a Germanic word. It hasn't got anything to do with YAWEH the word for god in the Torah, from the Middle East. The only big shared ancient word for 'god' from Indo-European language is Dyēus or theos. (Divinity in English, also used by the ancient Greeks for Zeuzz and in Hindu today as "div".

I didn't say the particular WORD, "God" derives from that. I used the word 'god' as only one among many terms relating to it that we use in English to reference it. YHWH is "ye ovveh" or "the (or I am the) egg [or source]" The taboo against it likely related to the Aten (sun) as the ultimate 'egg' which represents its ovular perfection and to how some interpret this originating as Nothing.

The root of "God" IS Germanic but meant to 'pour' or anoint through special times and so became what we understand as "good". "Oden" too likely came from "Aten" and the change to "God" is just to assign Yahweh with the value "good". The original literal biblical terms in genesis were "El" (THEE) [Arabic roots], "Elohim" (for thee many gods), and using other similar 'title names', like "Lord" in kind to land owners, etc.

Scott Mayers wrote:But the original words likely treated any 'higher power' as a VARIABLE UNKNOWN, like a mathematical 'X'.
Div in Hindu means "shining" God probably meant "to pour'. It was more about the service than the god. You forget that all early religions had a pantheon and no singular god. If I wanted a safe ship I would give a gift to Neptune or Poseidon, as he ruled the seas.
Pouring was definitely a common source as it was common to celebrate the formal announcing of the new kings or special leaders by pouring wines or rare oils over their heads. Also why Jesus (== I Zeus, and relates to 'sis' for same, "I am the same") used baptism using water to grant people the same privilege of significance of being anointed into their faith.

There is a lot of roots interesting on this. I learned of Nut and Nun from Egypt to relate to our "not" and "none" but, Nut was the sky represented as the Milky Galaxy as a woman goddess; Nun was the word and 'god' of water. But note to remember where roots of words are back then memory is aided by granting animated images to common words. "Torah" relate to ''chora" (choral, chorus, church, .... .... ...) and meant anything SPOKEN or WRITTEN by force. The origin of that word came also from "to throw" as in a spear. And since the written words, especially those in STONE were the LAW, it had the power of permanence well represented in all these related terms. In ancient Egypt, this was N'torah (the word) and is where "Nature" comes from.

So I think there can be a very clear case to show that religion relates to real secular life rather than to emphasize them as polytheists. The first cities brought together many tribes that normally wandered and had to adjust to settling. So I doubt that there actually was a 'poly'theism other than a multicultural accommodation to the use of words from the various different tribes coming together as they became more civilized. They really weren't as dumb in their day as many think. Nor were they the religious zealots that many of today's religions evolved from in as much a degree as it is treated. Akenaten (akin to the form of the sun) was likely the major root of Judaism and what was demonstratively unwelcoming to the society then when he treated other religions or cultures as somehow NOT being more unified to a belief in some common roots.

I could go on and on for this. You get the idea.
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1503
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:27 pm

God is both good and evil.
Both male and female.
As he made first man both
male and female. One like God.
Adam & Eve ate something and became
like God ~ knowing both good and evil.
Knowing both male and female as they
saw themselves only to see the differences
of being divided into only male and
only female. God dominates naturally.
Adam and Eve had to learn to dominate.

As for killing~ it's not God doing it~ it's
those who have yet to learn how to
dominate gently that kill.
Accidents happen. People are too rushed.
7 billion people is just too much for
one father. lol
*~ •~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*

First they hired me.
No they didn't .
Then they fired me.
Yep.
They by (?) I just walked away......

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23588
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:03 am

Scott Mayers wrote:Judaism was mostly a derivative of Egytian and Babylonian cultures.
Judaism is monotheistic. "YAWEH" has a relationship to all the people. The Egyptian and Babylonians gods are pantheons (many gods) and the gods protect cities, harvests, sailing & fishing, etc.

Scott Mayers wrote:Aten became the Adam,
Complete crap. Aten was god of the sun. Adam is Hebrew "to make" and came from the dirt.

Scott Mayers wrote:If you've ever had a pig, you'd know that they require lots of wet mud to prevent discomfort on their skin.
Complete nonsense. The Hebrews were nomadic shepherds. Shepherds can't shepherd pigs. Pigs were kept in fixed towns....like Sodom & Gomorrah. It's all in the old testament. The Old Testament is an anti agriculture book by bronze age tribal shepherds. In reality, Babylon was over-farmed, has rising salt tables due to over farming and threw out the Jews. Lot's wife looked back to Babylon and turned into a pillar of salt.
.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23588
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:17 am

Angel wrote:God is both male and female.
YAWEH the God was married to a female god called Asherah. Judaism was a polytheistic religion (many gods) up until the Babylonian exile.

Angel wrote:Adam & Eve ate something and became......
They ate fruit from a tree....agriculture, like the Babylonians grew. They were punished for wanting to be more like, the more civilised Baylonians.

Angel wrote:God dominates naturally.
God (YAWEH) lost battles against the Hebrews enemies, who enslaved the Hebrews. The Roman empire then wiped the Jews out in 70AD at Masada. How is that domination?

Have you ever actually read the Bible?
:lol:

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5786
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Flash » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:39 am

gorgeous wrote:
where is the proof God kills people?

You give us a good proof that god exist and we will then prove that he kills people.
Half the lies they tell about me aren't true. Yogi Berra.

User avatar
gorgeous
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3109
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby gorgeous » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:00 am

I will when you prove you exist...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23588
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:20 am

gorgeous wrote:I will when you prove you exist...
I vouch for Flash. He's real.

Who is vouching for you? Aren't you simply a propaganda spamming software bot from Infowars?

Prove otherwise.
:lol:

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7797
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby nmblum88 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:48 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote:God is both male and female.
YAWEH the God was married to a female god called Asherah. Judaism was a polytheistic religion (many gods) up until the Babylonian exile.

Angel wrote:Adam & Eve ate something and became......
They ate fruit from a tree....agriculture, like the Babylonians grew. They were punished for wanting to be more like, the more civilised Baylonians.

Angel wrote:God dominates naturally.
God (YAWEH) lost battles against the Hebrews enemies, who enslaved the Hebrews. The Roman empire then wiped the Jews out in 70AD at Masada. How is that domination?

Have you ever actually read the Bible?
:lol:



More bibble babble.
Not that it matters, but since it has been brought up here as if facts have something to do with whatever the piffle is about:

Nothing that happened in Year 70 of the Common era had anything to do with the Hebrew Bible...(in fact Year 70 was the year of the appearance of the First Gospel, more than 35 years after the putative crucifixion).
The Scripture of the Hebrews was already an ancient document subject to inquiry, challenge and disagreement by at least 2 thousand years or more....
::Sigh::
And not that any preternatural force had anything to do with it, but The JEWS were NOT wiped out at Masada.

The ZEALOTS , a relatively small sect of Jews and a sub-stratum in Jewish culture, sequestered themselves, fought, and died during the siege of Masada, their leaders having sworn that not a man, woman or child would be left alive to be enslaved by the victorious Romans.
And so it was: the majority died of wounds, hunger, cold... and ultimately, the last ones alive committed suicide.
The ZEALOTS, were indeed wiped out.
The rest of the Jews, whose survival depended on the good offices of the Roman authorities, civil and military, went on see another day....

The only mention of the siege and its aftermath occurs in a work by the Jewish historian Flavius Josephus .entitled " The Jewish War", written well after the fact, with the author making no claim whatever for having witnessed what he wrote about.
And the reason that ensuing historicity challenges his version of events is that the title of the book is a misnomer.

Because anyone who has read past page 15 of "the Jewish War..." recognizes that the Romans assault on the fortress of Masada was NOT against the JEWS, as resident of the Roman Empire, but against the aggressively rebellious ZEALOTS, who had made their doomed Quixotic stand against the civill and military authority of the Romans.
THE ZEALOTS!!
And therein lies the wonder of words and how they enter the language...
One story leads to another.... but kids, even STORIES have to be reported with som respect for the accuracy of your details.

NMB

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23588
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:04 am

nmblum88 hic burp wrote:More bibble babble.
Norma, I'm happy to see you feeling better after our last exchange. (Please don't forget to answer those outstanding questions from that exchange.....)

If you want to make yourself useful for once, explain to Angel that her "God" who created Adam and Eve, is from the Old Testament and thus a middle eastern religion. Angel denies that bit.

I'm sure you two will get on really well.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7797
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby nmblum88 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:30 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
nmblum88 hic burp wrote:More bibble babble.
Norma, I'm happy to see you feeling better after our last exchange. (Please don't forget to answer those outstanding questions from that exchange.....)

[color=#000080]If you want to make yourself useful for once, explain to Angel that her "God" who created Adam and Eve, is from the Old Testament and thus a middle eastern religion. Angel denies that bit.


Matthew, you are simply ridiculous, not the least for being a a virtual font off misinformation.
It is neither my vocation or avocation too explain anything to Angel.
She is what she is, as you are what you are.
And you have been the equivalent of haranguing and screaming at her for what is now YEARS, without making a dent in her convictions OR her equilibrium.
She remains imperturbable, and you are continually shrieking like a banshee in heat.
(As well as reduced to making up what you don't actually know.)
In fact, the Emperor Constantine turned all of Europe to Christianity in less time than you have been babbling here including the hours you have invested in Angel.
Has it ever occurred to you that your father might have been right: that you are programmed by character and competence to fail at everything you try?
I certainly hope not.

Norma Manna Blum

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23588
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:04 am

nmblum88 burp hic... wrote: Matthew, you are simply ridiculous,
Norma, you're drunk again and screwed up the quote in the previous post, which is one of your "tells". Last time, you were so drunk you claimed you were taller than me without having a clue how tall I am. It was very funny for all of us to read.

nmblum88 burp, hic ,burp... wrote: It is neither my vocation or avocation too explain anything to Angel.
Well then go away. You are not posting on topic again....just like Angel. You are simply seeking attention by talking about yourself....just like Angel.


nmblum88 hic, burp, hic,... wrote:Has it ever occurred to you that your father might have been right: that you are programmed by character and competence to fail at everything you try?
Are you now hallucinating about my father? When and where exactly did he say that Norma?

Sober up and let me know where you read this in the morning.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Drunkards are very silly people)

User avatar
Scott Mayers
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:56 pm
Custom Title: Deep

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Scott Mayers » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:33 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Scott Mayers wrote:Judaism was mostly a derivative of Egytian and Babylonian cultures.
Judaism is monotheistic. "YAWEH" has a relationship to all the people. The Egyptian and Babylonians gods are pantheons (many gods) and the gods protect cities, harvests, sailing & fishing, etc.

Religions burn books and history to hide what they don't want others to give credit to. If you already doubt the sincerity of religion, why would you then 'trust' they'd not have done this.

In contrast, I'm actually giving charity to the possibility that those who originally wrote these scriptures had an evolution of history that involved a relatively 'rational' society of the day. At least, I have more justice to argue given that I also grant charity to the very religions you assert are mere non-sense without investigating.

Scott Mayers wrote:Aten became the Adam,
Complete crap. Aten was god of the sun. Adam is Hebrew "to make" and came from the dirt.

Adam IS from "to make"...but from "to make from clay or Earth". "Adam" was the general term for "anything solidly formed of the Earth, as opposed to the heavens". And this derives also from meaning the "shape" of what solids are defined as having meaning. To the ancients, even water and air were indistinguishable because they treated these as 'fluids' and why you read Genesis asserting God as separating the waters above from the waters below. I assure you they weren't so stupid not to notice that simply the blue sky background was 'water' alone as this would disappear at night. Similarly, the Egyptians also treated this the same way prior to them. What "mattered" is also why we treat "matter" as the word for the 'solid' states of reality. We just extended this to what we later learned about air and water more literally. Because 'solids' are only those which mattered and held shape, the term "Aten" was not merely some fictional 'god' but a reference to the boundary or 'shape' of things that constitute material reality.

So I assure you I am correct. And while we do NOT have direct evidence of this, logically we can infer this unless you treat those ancients as somehow drastically retarded as most actually accept!

Also ALL tribal groups, if they considered terms in animate ways, they too didn't treat each thing as a literal 'god' any more than a dog would when it snaps at a leaf that whips it in the face by the wind. When they DID admonish 'gods', the transition was more about how practical stories used to learn to communicate get lost in time and get turned into mysterious 'gods'. Do you think the Michelin Man should be appropriately turned in some future progeny's minds that we worshiped a Tire God?

Scott Mayers wrote:If you've ever had a pig, you'd know that they require lots of wet mud to prevent discomfort on their skin.
Complete nonsense. The Hebrews were nomadic shepherds. Shepherds can't shepherd pigs. Pigs were kept in fixed towns....like Sodom & Gomorrah. It's all in the old testament. The Old Testament is an anti agriculture book by bronze age tribal shepherds. In reality, Babylon was over-farmed, has rising salt tables due to over farming and threw out the Jews. Lot's wife looked back to Babylon and turned into a pillar of salt.
.

I gave you a charitable example and could even delve deep into each thing you add. "Monotheism" is NOT original to Judaism but is more likely a political means to demand 'ownership' to them as more unique than they actually were. But this would just make me give up all my own value on the subject. My point is made already and I don't need to go further on this unless you want to begin another thread about this particularly.

A 'God' was more likely derived from a label in the way we assign neutral terms that did not originally mean any more than a variable unknown that through time BECAME more religious over time. The same goes with many religious terms and stories. They hide literal history within it if you take the time to pay attention to the details of its language. A NON-evil God, then, by the OP's standards is what I defend is justified rationally based upon a question of whether there was a something or a nothing in some beginning.
I eat without fear of certain Death from The Tree of Knowledge because with wisdom, we may one day break free from its mortal curse.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7797
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby nmblum88 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:55 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
nmblum88 burp hic... wrote: Matthew, you are simply ridiculous,
Norma, you're drunk again and screwed up the quote in the previous post, which is one of your "tells". Last time, you were so drunk you claimed you were taller than me without having a clue how tall I am. It was very funny for all of us to read.

nmblum88 burp, hic ,burp... wrote: It is neither my vocation or avocation too explain anything to Angel.
Well then go away. You are not posting on topic again....just like Angel. You are simply seeking attention by talking about yourself....just like Angel.


nmblum88 hic, burp, hic,... wrote:Has it ever occurred to you that your father might have been right: that you are programmed by character and competence to fail at everything you try?
Are you now hallucinating about my father? When and where exactly did he say that Norma?


Sober up and let me know where you read this in the morning.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Drunkards are very silly people) [/quote

Yawn...
Get some new material,.... you might even put yourself in a terminal coma by repeating that nonsense yet again.
Although I suspect you can't help yourself: you are well past the prime of life, what's done is done.
Miniature in all significant physical attributes but even smaller of mind is what you have to work with.


:Sigh:: Matthew the little castrato: the soprano who likes to imagine he is Chaliapin.
But a Chaliapin who doesn't know the difference between Prince Andrei Bolkonsky and Eugene Onegin?
Unlikely.

Norma Manna Blum

P.S. LOL... Puerile little Eunuch with the memory of a snail: the only things I know about you are from the horrible, but frequent little anecdotes of family life among the Ellards, published here, perhaps when when all your filters were eroded... and you just couldn't help yourself, self-pity trumping any pretense of dignity.
"Oh weep for the tragic house of Atreus!"
(Especially if it is entwined with Daffy Duck Dynasty.)
But then, why would you tell such terrible tales if you din't want, even demand, that people here now that you come from horrific dysfunction?
Other than that you imagine there is sympathy to be gained from wallowing in such horrors.
But then .. of course, (ha ha ha!!) who knows better than you do? "Все счастливые семьи похожи друг на друга; каждая несчастливая семья несчастлива по-своему "


NMB

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1503
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:13 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote:God is both male and female.
YAWEH the God was married to a female god called Asherah. Judaism was a polytheistic religion (many gods) up until the Babylonian exile.

Angel wrote:Adam & Eve ate something and became......
They ate fruit from a tree....agriculture, like the Babylonians grew. They were punished for wanting to be more like, the more civilised Baylonians.

Angel wrote:God dominates naturally.
God (YAWEH) lost battles against the Hebrews enemies, who enslaved the Hebrews. The Roman empire then wiped the Jews out in 70AD at Masada. How is that domination?

Have you ever actually read the Bible?
:lol:


You have your perception and I have mine.
Words do not always hold the same meaning
for all. The rainbow use to represent the flood
but now it represents the sexual stereotypes .
You follow your beliefs ~ I will follow mine
and let's try to get along please. Thanx :-)
*~ •~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*

First they hired me.
No they didn't .
Then they fired me.
Yep.
They by (?) I just walked away......

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1503
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:25 am

nmblum88 wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
nmblum88 hic burp wrote:More bibble babble.
Norma, I'm happy to see you feeling better after our last exchange. (Please don't forget to answer those outstanding questions from that exchange.....)

[color=#000080]If you want to make yourself useful for once, explain to Angel that her "God" who created Adam and Eve, is from the Old Testament and thus a middle eastern religion. Angel denies that bit.


Matthew, you are simply ridiculous, not the least for being a a virtual font off misinformation.
It is neither my vocation or avocation too explain anything to Angel.
She is what she is, as you are what you are.
And you have been the equivalent of haranguing and screaming at her for what is now YEARS, without making a dent in her convictions OR her equilibrium.
She remains imperturbable, and you are continually shrieking like a banshee in heat.
(As well as reduced to making up what you don't actually know.)
In fact, the Emperor Constantine turned all of Europe to Christianity in less time than you have been babbling here including the hours you have invested in Angel.
Has it ever occurred to you that your father might have been right: that you are programmed by character and competence to fail at everything you try?
I certainly hope not.

Norma Manna Blum


You might want to get with the program.
Times have changed ~ meanings have changed
~ people have changed. History has repeated
itself so much so that the story has changed
~ the pattern still remains the same though.
God is pan yet the extent of love ability
still only at LGBT...... level. Is your ability
to love ~ pan or are you still learning to love? <3
*~ •~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*

First they hired me.
No they didn't .
Then they fired me.
Yep.
They by (?) I just walked away......

User avatar
Angel
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1503
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:23 pm
Custom Title: LOVE

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Angel » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:29 am

nmblum88 wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Angel wrote:God is both male and female.
YAWEH the God was married to a female god called Asherah. Judaism was a polytheistic religion (many gods) up until the Babylonian exile.

Angel wrote:Adam & Eve ate something and became......
They ate fruit from a tree....agriculture, like the Babylonians grew. They were punished for wanting to be more like, the more civilised Baylonians.

Angel wrote:God dominates naturally.
God (YAWEH) lost battles against the Hebrews enemies, who enslaved the Hebrews. The Roman empire then wiped the Jews out in 70AD at Masada. How is that domination?

Have you ever actually read the Bible?
:lol:



More bibble babble.
Not that it matters, but since it has been brought up here as if facts have something to do with whatever the piffle is about:

Nothing that happened in Year 70 of the Common era had anything to do with the Hebrew Bible...(in fact Year 70 was the year of the appearance of the First Gospel, more than 35 years after the putative crucifixion).
The Scripture of the Hebrews was already an ancient document subject to inquiry, challenge and disagreement by at least 2 thousand years or more....
::Sigh::
And not that any preternatural force had anything to do with it, but The JEWS were NOT wiped out at Masada.

The ZEALOTS , a relatively small sect of Jews and a sub-stratum in Jewish culture, sequestered themselves, fought, and died during the siege of Masada, their leaders having sworn that not a man, woman or child would be left alive to be enslaved by the victorious Romans.
And so it was: the majority died of wounds, hunger, cold... and ultimately, the last ones alive committed suicide.
The ZEALOTS, were indeed wiped out.
The rest of the Jews, whose survival depended on the good offices of the Roman authorities, civil and military, went on see another day....

The only mention of the siege and its aftermath occurs in a work by the Jewish historian Flavius Josephus .entitled " The Jewish War", written well after the fact, with the author making no claim whatever for having witnessed what he wrote about.
And the reason that ensuing historicity challenges his version of events is that the title of the book is a misnomer.

Because anyone who has read past page 15 of "the Jewish War..." recognizes that the Romans assault on the fortress of Masada was NOT against the JEWS, as resident of the Roman Empire, but against the aggressively rebellious ZEALOTS, who had made their doomed Quixotic stand against the civill and military authority of the Romans.
THE ZEALOTS!!
And therein lies the wonder of words and how they enter the language...
One story leads to another.... but kids, even STORIES have to be reported with som respect for the accuracy of your details.

NMB


Ya ~ I gave my first fruit back to the earth
naturally then read in the bible that the
first fruits are to be given back to the
earth. Farmers don't even do this anymore.
Probably why their land is drying up.
*~ •~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*~•~*

First they hired me.
No they didn't .
Then they fired me.
Yep.
They by (?) I just walked away......

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota
Contact:

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Lausten » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:34 pm

gorgeous wrote:I will when you prove you exist...

Prove that you know what "prove" means....
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

User avatar
gorgeous
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3109
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby gorgeous » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:36 pm

prove you know what means means...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3424
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota
Contact:

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Lausten » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:11 pm

gorgeous wrote:prove you know what means means...

You prove you
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 17538
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:13 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

God kills when he could just as easily cure. This is irrefutable.

This is a clear violation of the golden rule. The golden rule as articulated by Jesus.

God then is clearly evil.

Do you agree with Jesus that anyone who breaks the golden rule is evil?

Regards
DL

God doesn't exist.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9779
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby OlegTheBatty » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:41 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:God then is clearly evil.

God doesn't exist.


Then how about:

The concept of god as espoused by the descendants of the Abrahamic religions is an evil concept?
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Posts: 17538
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:11 am
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:42 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:God then is clearly evil.

God doesn't exist.


Then how about:

The concept of god as espoused by the descendants of the Abrahamic religions is an evil concept?

Oh, politics. Do carry on then.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

User avatar
busterggi
Regular Poster
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:36 pm
Custom Title: General Weirdness
Location: New Britain, CT

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby busterggi » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:28 pm

gorgeous wrote:give evidence that God kills...


So tell us, just who do you believe invented death?

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9779
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby OlegTheBatty » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:43 pm

busterggi wrote:
gorgeous wrote:give evidence that God kills...


So tell us, just who do you believe invented death?

Prokaryotes.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5786
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Flash » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:12 pm

Prokaryotes? Him? He couldn't had invented anything to wipe his ass with.
Half the lies they tell about me aren't true. Yogi Berra.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23588
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:32 pm

Scott Mayers wrote:Religions burn books and history to hide what they don't want others to give credit to. If you already doubt the sincerity of religion, why would you then 'trust' they'd not have done this.
Most knowledge of early religions come from archaeology including stellas (monumental stone inscriptions) however religious writing only goes back to 1,100 BC (Hindu religious verses). The example I gave you of burial with flowers was from 60,000 BC.

Scott Mayers wrote:In contrast, I'm actually giving charity to the possibility that those who originally wrote these scriptures had an evolution of history that involved a relatively 'rational' society of the day.
Have you read Hindu explanation for how Earth was made? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Scott Mayers wrote: also grant charity to the very religions you assert are mere non-sense without investigating.
Well no Scott. I studied Anthropology ( human pre-history) and know a lot about proto religions.

In essence....evolved humans have innate behaviours. These behaviours "pop up" disguised by man's early attempts to explain what was around him or for use to control others. Behavioural Equity theory is a classic example. 60,000 year ago humans buried dead humans with flowers as a gift in the hope nature would give back bounty. Today humans still sacrifice or give devotions to gods in the hope of getting something back. ( It's not a logical scientific belief)

The big change occurred 1000 BC in Iran with the introduction of monotheism. Previously I would have to give a sacrifice to Neptune (god of the sea) for a sea journey, a sacrifice to Demeter (god of the harvest) to ensure a good harvest and so on. Once monotheism spread to the middle east and Europe, humans started questioning why one "god" was making such varied and irrational decisions and religion started to collapse and scientific theory replaced religious theory as a means to explain the world.


Scott Mayers wrote: So I assure you I am correct. And while we do NOT have direct evidence of this,
We do have direct evidence Scott. We know all the different manifestations of Aten through the old and middle kingdoms of Egypt and Akhenaten who was the first monotheistic Pharaoh and adopted Aten's name.

Scott Mayers wrote:"Monotheism" is NOT original to Judaism
That's right. It came from Iran and spread to the Middle East and the Europe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

Secondly Christianity is not a monotheistic religion. The "gods" with magical powers are "God", "The Devil", "Jesus", two Arch angels, Seraphim angels, Cherubim angels, and three other ranks of angels. :lol:

User avatar
gorgeous
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3109
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby gorgeous » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:46 pm

busterggi wrote:
gorgeous wrote:give evidence that God kills...


So tell us, just who do you believe invented death?

----------------doesn't mean God kills....natural deaths
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 23588
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:47 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: (Drunkards are very silly people)

nmblum88 wrote: Yawn...Get some new material,....
Norma. You are an elderly drunken troll, seeking attention.. In your last inebriated post you claimed to be better than me because you were taller than me, without knowing how tall I am. You then, through your alcoholic haze, made up an entire quote from my dead father....
nmblum88, in her last post wrote:Has it ever occurred to you that your father might have been right: that you are programmed by character and competence to fail at everything you try?
You simply made that up as you were drunk as a skunk. :lol:

You have no interest in the topic of this thread and are simply following me around like Sweetpea did before he left. I don't care if you are drunk or senile, but you should really not embarrass yourself by leaving these "out of it" posts for everyone to read. :lol:


Return to “The Letting Go of God Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest