Arguing against religion

General discussion on the subject of religion, losing religion, and having no religion to lose...
User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Lausten » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:27 pm

Azania wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania, the hypocrite wrote:..what I say maybe routine but the fruits vary from person to person.


So.... you are denying that you are the "doer", consciously posting in this wrong thread to get attention, while simultaneously saying you are getting varying results from different people's attention?

Are you slightly mentally retarded?
:D


All this talk is just a way of explaining the inexplicable, it is merely for communication purposes. Hence the reason why I stipulate that one should move beyond the words. Otherwise you wrap yourself up in such idiosyncratic nonsense and confuse your already confused self even more. It is merely a function of human behaviour to talk :lol: a deaf and dump person cannot pronounce his words but the urge to open the mouth is overwhelming. I've already told you, being and knowing is the nature but you need not be and know anything in particular, the particular is only a mental formation based on desire and fear governed by memory you silly little man.

That's a great idea. So quit writing words here. We'll just communicate beyond words.



There, did you get that?


Oh, yeah, cool.


Okay, I think we got it now. You can delete your account here. It's no longer needed.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 17354
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:56 pm

...and - as the master you are - unplug and dispose of your device...

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:59 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
Shakania wrote:I tell you it all happens by itself there is no doer.


Got evidence?


Experience and logic. They both contradict the idea that you were born. You never experience your birth, you were told about it and logic says if there is no birth then what is to die? You are like a little clock that has been wound up, soon that energy will run out will it consult you when it does? I really cannot be bothered to give you the ABC, it's too simply for your complicated mind to grasp.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Lausten wrote:
Azania wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania, the hypocrite wrote:..what I say maybe routine but the fruits vary from person to person.


So.... you are denying that you are the "doer", consciously posting in this wrong thread to get attention, while simultaneously saying you are getting varying results from different people's attention?

Are you slightly mentally retarded?
:D


All this talk is just a way of explaining the inexplicable, it is merely for communication purposes. Hence the reason why I stipulate that one should move beyond the words. Otherwise you wrap yourself up in such idiosyncratic nonsense and confuse your already confused self even more. It is merely a function of human behaviour to talk :lol: a deaf and dump person cannot pronounce his words but the urge to open the mouth is overwhelming. I've already told you, being and knowing is the nature but you need not be and know anything in particular, the particular is only a mental formation based on desire and fear governed by memory you silly little man.

That's a great idea. So quit writing words here. We'll just communicate beyond words.



There, did you get that?


Oh, yeah, cool.


Okay, I think we got it now. You can delete your account here. It's no longer needed.


Yes grasshopper I will delete my account. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:16 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Azania wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:A "verbal beating", yeah, that's kinda what these word salads feel like. Ya know, like walking into a large room full of agitated geese, or of the rioting inhabitants of an insane asylum.


:lol: :lol: Word salads and verbal beatings clearly have no effect on you lot whatever their nature. They obviously take too long to registar, whilst you are scratching yours heads trying to figure out wtf it was it has gone. I'd probably get better results with a length of two by four. The tolerances within your native programming does not allow for much receptivity, there's not much capacity for the recognition of anything else bar your ignorant stupidity and that's only if somebody manages to wake you up. :lol: It is like trying to give an infant a new dummy to suck after he's been sucking his old one for so long - there's not much hope really :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have no fear, I have no difficulty translating drivel into plain English. For example, the above can be translated as:

Yada yada yada yada yada.

You're welcome.


:lol: Thank you very much batty. I've always wondered what the significance was behind the name batty :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25262
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:11 am

Azania wrote: I will delete my account.
Don't forget to also delete Clarifyit4me, Placid, Shaka and all the other accounts you have have opened, to spam your nonsensical drivel. :lol: :lol:

Sadly, I know you won't do this. You suffer narcissistic personality disorder coupled with low intelligence. You will simply wait a month or so and then start spamming your attention seeking nonsense again. Prove me wrong by disappearing for ever.

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 17354
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:13 am

Azania wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
Shakania wrote:I tell you it all happens by itself there is no doer.


Got evidence?


Experience and logic. They both contradict the idea that you were born. You never experience your birth, you were told about it and logic says if there is no birth then what is to die?...

I meant actual evidence, not self-deluded preference learned and adopted from another egocentric fantasist.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:33 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania wrote: I will delete my account.
Don't forget to also delete Clarifyit4me, Placid, Shaka and all the other accounts you have have opened, to spam your nonsensical drivel. :lol: :lol:

Sadly, I know you won't do this. You suffer narcissistic personality disorder coupled with low intelligence. You will simply wait a month or so and then start spamming your attention seeking nonsense again. Prove me wrong by disappearing for ever.


:shock: :mrgreen: The self is not the body image, you are describing your own self worth/image. I deny my own body image what to do with the image somebody else projects onto me?
It is the consciousness I refer to when I talk of the self. Your idea of the self and mine if you like only exists in your mind. It disappears when that food body or body image as you understand it can no longer sustain the indwelling consciousness. You are not very intelligent and you are a very very silly little man. :lol:

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:42 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Azania wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
Shakania wrote:I tell you it all happens by itself there is no doer.


Got evidence?


Experience and logic. They both contradict the idea that you were born. You never experience your birth, you were told about it and logic says if there is no birth then what is to die?...

I meant actual evidence, not self-deluded preference learned and adopted from another egocentric fantasist.


:shock: In full awareness experience and logic is actual and evidential apparently. If you wake up you will realise you are using it on a day to day basis. After all it is logic and experience that bolsters your stance as a skeptic only you mistake it for the information. If you want truth you have to start at the root, it is what you call common sense. You wouldn't start reading a book from the middle and expect to have a full understanding of it. Would you? :lol:

User avatar
scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Posts: 17354
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 7:55 am
Custom Title: something
Location: sees Maria Frigoris from its house!

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:46 pm

"The predictable is the continuity of immortal marvel"

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 7K Posts
Posts: 7762
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Poodle » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:27 pm

I go away for a few weeks and look what happens! Azania started out not so azanic but, I suppose, the truth will out no matter what name it takes this week.

"Move beyond the words" ... the refuge of the philosophically retarded. What more is there to be said?

I giggled at deaf and dump, though.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25262
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:48 pm

Azania wrote: I will delete my account.
Azania dosn't delete his account and wrote: The self is not the body image, you are describing your own self worth/image. I deny my own body image what to do with the image somebody else projects onto me? It is the consciousness I refer to when I talk of the self. Your idea of the self and mine if you like only exists in your mind. It disappears when that food body or body image as you understand it can no longer sustain the indwelling consciousness. You are not very intelligent and you are a very very silly little man.


As I correctly diagnosed: narcissistic personality disorder coupled with low intelligence and desparate for attention. :D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25262
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:52 pm

Azania wrote: I will delete my account.
Azania continues to post complete drivel and wrote: In full awareness experience and logic is actual and evidential apparently. If you wake up you will realise you are using it on a day to day basis. After all it is logic and experience that bolsters your stance as a skeptic only you mistake it for the information. If you want truth you have to start at the root, it is what you call common sense. You wouldn't start reading a book from the middle and expect to have a full understanding of it. Would you?


Try spamming your hippy drivel on a forum for retarded hippies. . :lol:

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:03 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:"The predictable is the continuity of immortal marvel"


:lol: No Scrm. Marvel the immortal, continuity is of the predictable :lol:

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:07 pm

Poodle wrote:I go away for a few weeks and look what happens! Azania started out not so azanic but, I suppose, the truth will out no matter what name it takes this week.

"Move beyond the words" ... the refuge of the philosophically retarded. What more is there to be said?
.



:lol: :lol: Not a lot to one who cannot rise above his infancy.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:13 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania wrote: I will delete my account.
Azania dosn't delete his account and wrote: The self is not the body image, you are describing your own self worth/image. I deny my own body image what to do with the image somebody else projects onto me? It is the consciousness I refer to when I talk of the self. Your idea of the self and mine if you like only exists in your mind. It disappears when that food body or body image as you understand it can no longer sustain the indwelling consciousness. You are not very intelligent and you are a very very silly little man.


As I correctly diagnosed: narcissistic personality disorder coupled with low intelligence and desparate for attention. :D


:lol: My side are hurting. :mrgreen: You couldn't correctly diagnose a wart on the end of your finger. Actually, if you stuck it up your bum, you might see it better :lol: :lol:

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania wrote: I will delete my account.
Azania continues to post complete drivel and wrote: In full awareness experience and logic is actual and evidential apparently. If you wake up you will realise you are using it on a day to day basis. After all it is logic and experience that bolsters your stance as a skeptic only you mistake it for the information. If you want truth you have to start at the root, it is what you call common sense. You wouldn't start reading a book from the middle and expect to have a full understanding of it. Would you?


Try spamming your hippy drivel on a forum for retarded hippies. . :lol:


:lol: :lol: This one has your name printed on it. Ell-ard-re-tard-ell-ard... :mrgreen: You really should think about changing your user name. Preferably to something that doesn't have a synonym which highlights your ignorant stupidity and unintelligence. :lol: :lol:

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:30 pm

If brains were dynamite, you lot would not have enough to blow your nose. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25262
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:28 pm

Azania wrote: I will delete my account.
Azania wrote:My side are hurting. Actually, if you stuck it up your bum, you might see it better

Is this where you get your knowledge about "observing"? :D
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25262
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:36 pm

Azania wrote:This one has your name printed on it. Ell-ard-re-tard-ell-ard... You really should think about changing your user name.
Well there you go folks. Azania, who claims that he himself, is not "a doer" of things, behaves very much like a very normal human being, when no one pays him attention.

"hypocrisy"
the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

User avatar
gorgeous
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3684
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby gorgeous » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:48 pm

Neils Bohr-----"The objective world of nineteenth-century science was, as we know today, an ideal, limiting case, but not the whole reality."----------------" The fact that religions through the ages have spoken in images, parables, and paradoxes means simply that there are no other ways of grasping the reality to which they refer. But that does not mean that it is not a genuine reality. And splitting this reality into an objective and a subjective side won't get us very far."
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
ThePragmatic
New Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:11 pm
Custom Title: Non-believer
Location: Sweden

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby ThePragmatic » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:34 pm

"If that's how you want to invoke your evidence for God, then God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time moves on. So, just be ready for that to happen, if that's how you want to come at the problem. So that's just simply the God of the gaps argument." - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence." - David Hume

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania wrote: I will delete my account.
Azania wrote:My side are hurting. Actually, if you stuck it up your bum, you might see it better

Is this where you get your knowledge about "observing"? :D


No I'm afraid not. Of course I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:03 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania wrote:This one has your name printed on it. Ell-ard-re-tard-ell-ard... You really should think about changing your user name.
Well there you go folks. Azania, who claims that he himself, is not "a doer" of things, behaves very much like a very normal human being, when no one pays him attention.

"hypocrisy"
the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.


The case is the self. I am myself, I don't believe that I know it. It is not governed by any standardisation, it just is.

But for the sake of communication purposes my body is normal. Yet it is invariably absent when my mind is in abeyance. It does all the things you would expect a body to do. It is a thinking feeling lump of matter that functions by itself. Compelled by its desires and repulsed by its fears. It is solely governed by its data base of information retained in its memory. But I have already told you this body is not me, it is not mine. I am not in the body.

The body is in the mind, the mind is in the consciousness, consciousness is in awareness. But I am beyond duality. If you are familiar with meditation you can follow it through the brain into pure consciousness and beyond awareness to a state where there is no cognition. But this analysis requires you to use your intelligence that you were born with, before it got contaminated by intellectual property.

:mrgreen: It is the same for me as it is for you and all other members here on this forum, the only difference is I know it but you lot do not. You prefer to wollow in your ignorant stupidity. But you need not worry, it all returns to the source once the dreaming is over anyhow, as if nothing happened in the first place. :D
Last edited by Azania on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:20 pm

gorgeous wrote:Neils Bohr-----"The objective world of nineteenth-century science was, as we know today, an ideal, limiting case, but not the whole reality."----------------" The fact that religions through the ages have spoken in images, parables, and paradoxes means simply that there are no other ways of grasping the reality to which they refer. But that does not mean that it is not a genuine reality. And splitting this reality into an objective and a subjective side won't get us very far."


All language is symbolic gorgeous, mickey mouse. The fact is non-verbal. For the purpose of communication we can arrange language to suit the need. You cannot split the reality into a dual, it is one homogenous whole. It is the mind that creates the object subject nexus then argues which one is right.

User avatar
gorgeous
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3684
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby gorgeous » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:54 pm

true...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Sherman
Poster
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:59 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Sherman » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:47 pm

arguing against religion is like arguing against nationalism.

Like guns, fire, and nucs, there are needed and deadly. So get over it.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25262
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:51 pm

Azania, offer his insight and wrote: I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.....
Your posts suggest otherwise.
Azania, offers even more insight and wrote:This one has your name printed on it. Ell-ard-re-tard-ell-ard... You really should think about changing your user name.

Well this isn't going well for you isn't it?

You walk to your computer, click on the skeptic society forum page, enter your fifth sock-puppet name and password......and then you write a post specifically claiming you actually didn't do anything to log on. Everyone laughs at you. :lol:

You then repeat the same word salad that you have posted hundreds of times before, under five different forum member names. All the other members ignore what you wrote and simply laughs at you some more. :lol:

You then get angry and start saying that all the members here are morons and idiots for ignoring your posts....so everyone laughs at you again. :lol:

You then wait two days and repeat the same routine and get exactly the same result. Everyone laughs at you.
:lol:

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".
Albert Einstein

Are you insane or just quite stupid?

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:29 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania, offer his insight and wrote: I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.....
Your posts suggest otherwise.
Azania, offers even more insight and wrote:This one has your name printed on it. Ell-ard-re-tard-ell-ard... You really should think about changing your user name.

Well this isn't going well for you isn't it?

Well it all depends on how much water is in the well doesn't it?
Matthew Ellard wrote: You walk to your computer, click on the skeptic society forum page, enter your fifth sock-puppet name and password......and then you write a post specifically claiming you actually didn't do anything to log on. Everyone laughs at you. :lol:

Everyone meaning yourself, scrm and poodles. Oh let's not forget Lausten. Mmm! The four of you couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery never mind a laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:
Matthew Ellard wrote: You then repeat the same word salad that you have posted hundreds of times before, under five different forum member names. All the other members ignore what you wrote and simply laughs at you some more. :lol:

All members meaning the aforementioned four? :mrgreen: If you need to drive a nail into a plank of wood you must repeatedly hit it on the head. Several times is recommended if the plank is considerably thick :lol: :lol:
Matthew Ellard wrote: You then get angry and start saying that all the members here are morons and idiots for ignoring your posts....so everyone laughs at you again. :lol:

I'm afraid you've already beat me to it. The morons and idiots have been branded long ago by the one who is beyond the completion of an idiot. The laugh's on you.
Matthew Ellard wrote: You then wait two days and repeat the same routine and get exactly the same result. Everyone laughs at you. :lol:

The two days is mandatory, I cannot possibly expose myself to such stupidity for too long without a break. Too long an exposure would surely bring me down to the same sorry ass state of affairs. If by the same result you mean the same unintelligent responses then yes you are 100% correct. Would you like a cookie? :lol: :lol:
Matthew Ellard wrote: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Albert Einstein

Yes I would have to agree with Einstein on that one. To be born to suffer and die only to do it again and again without figuring out what's really going on is insanity at its highest level.

Matthew Ellard wrote: Are you insane or just quite stupid?

Both apparently. :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25262
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:11 am

Azania, offers his insight and wrote: I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass...........This one has your name printed on it. Ell-ard-re-tard-ell-ard... .
Matthew Ellard wrote:Well this isn't going well for you is it?
Azania wrote:Well it all depends on how much water is in the well doesn't it?
There is no well, nor any water. Try to be more observant.


Matthew Ellard wrote: You walk to your computer, click on the skeptic society forum page, enter your fifth sock-puppet name and password......and then you write a post specifically claiming you actually didn't do anything to log on. Everyone laughs at you. :lol:
Azania wrote:Everyone meaning yourself, scrm and poodles. Oh let's not forget Lausten. Mmm!
..and KennyC, Gawdzilla, Flash, Aztexan, Bobbothepragmatist, Oleg the Batty, Gord, Monster, Electric Monk and Cadmusteeth in this one thread alone. We laugh the most at you. Other members simply ignore your word salad. They only laughed at you once when you were Placid, or Clarifyit4me or Shaka. :lol:


Matthew Ellard wrote: You then repeat the same word salad that you have posted hundreds of times before, under five different forum member names. All the other members ignore what you wrote and simply laugh at you some more. :lol:
Azania wrote: If you need to drive a nail into a plank of wood you must repeatedly hit it on the head. Several times is recommended if the plank is considerably thick
So you are a complete failure and keep repeating you word salad knowing it is repetitive rubbish and will fail again? Why do you Consciously choose to do that? :lol:


Matthew Ellard wrote: You then wait two days and repeat the same word salad and insult routine and get exactly the same result. Everyone laughs at you. :lol:
Azania wrote:The two days is mandatory, I cannot possibly expose myself to such stupidity for too long without a break.
How about having a break for ten years? :lol:


"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Albert Einstein

Azania wrote:Yes I would have to agree with Einstein on that one.
Matthew Ellard wrote: Are you insane or just quite stupid?
Azania wrote:Both apparently.
Agreed :lol:

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Lausten » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Azania wrote:Everyone meaning yourself, scrm and poodles. Oh let's not forget Lausten. Mmm!

To Azania: Ha, ha, hardy har, guffaw guffaw, chortle,
Signed
Lausten
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:37 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania, offers his insight and wrote: I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass...........This one has your name printed on it. Ell-ard-re-tard-ell-ard... .
Matthew Ellard wrote:Well this isn't going well for you is it?
Azania wrote:Well it all depends on how much water is in the well doesn't it?
There is no well, nor any water. Try to be more observant.

:mrgreen: I was being facetious. Are you always this stupid or is it only when I'm around?
Matthew Ellard wrote: You walk to your computer, click on the oskeptic society forum page, enter your fifth sock-puppet name and password......and then you write a post specifically claiming you actually didn't do anything to log on. Everyone laughs at you. :lol:
Azania wrote:Everyone meaning yourself, scrm and poodles. Oh let's not forget Lausten. Mmm!

Matthew Ellard wrote: ..and KennyC, Gawdzilla, Flash, Aztexan, Bobbothepragmatist, Oleg the Batty, Gord, Monster, Electric Monk and Cadmusteeth in this one thread alone. We laugh the most at you. Other members simply ignore your word salad. They only laughed at you once when you were Placid, or Clarifyit4me or Shaka. :lol:

KennyC, Gawdzilla, Flash, Aztexan, Bobbothepragmatist, Oleg the Batty, Gord, Monster, Electric Monk and Cadmusteeth, most of this bunch know they cannot argue with the facts hence the reason they do not stick around much. Only the real stupid ones get hit by a truck then again by the same truck. Unfortunately there's no vaccine for stupidity :lol: :lol:
Matthew Ellard wrote: You then repeat the same word salad that you have posted hundreds of times before, under five different forum member names. All the other members ignore what you wrote and simply laugh at you some more. :lol:

Azania wrote: If you need to drive a nail into a plank of wood you must repeatedly hit it on the head. Several times is recommended if the plank is considerably thick

Matthew Ellard wrote: So you are a complete failure and keep repeating you word salad knowing it is repetitive rubbish and will fail again? Why do you Consciously choose to do that? :lol:

I don't consciously choose to do anything. I am aware that I am conscious and in that focus of awareness things seem to happen. All by themselves apparently. Like these words, they arise in my mind and I see them appear on the screen. There is no deluded configuration of an individual doer.
Matthew Ellard wrote: You then wait two days and repeat the same word salad and insult routine and get exactly the same result. Everyone laughs at you. :lol:
Azania wrote:The two days is mandatory, I cannot possibly expose myself to such stupidity for too long without a break.
Matthew Ellard wrote:How about having a break for ten years? :lol:

To say you are laughing at me you seem rather piss off. I understand though. If you are not very intelligent to begin with it can be quite frustrating not being able to get your head around simple logic and basic concepts. Perhaps you should have another ten years in education yourself perhaps you might learn something this time round. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Matthew Ellard wrote:"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Albert Einstein

Azania wrote:Yes I would have to agree with Einstein on that one.
Matthew Ellard wrote: Are you insane or just quite stupid?
Azania wrote:Both apparently.
Matthew Ellard wrote:Agreed :lol:

I beg to defer, so what? :mrgreen: Would you like some sherbet dip to dip your dummy in ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Lausten » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:43 pm

Facts?
You say things just happen for no reason. Where are these facts? Why would you need them?
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25262
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:15 pm

Azania wrote:KennyC, Gawdzilla, Flash, Aztexan, Bobbothepragmatist, Oleg the Batty, Gord, Monster, Electric Monk and Cadmusteeth, most of this bunch know they cannot argue with the facts
You haven't presented any facts. You simply make an absolutely insane conflicting claim about yourself.

You keep consciously changing your forum name, (Shaka, Placid, Clarifyit4me, Azania and so on) consciously logging onto the forum, consciously entering your password and consciously copying and pasting the same word salad for three years ago. You then claim "It wasn't me" :lol:

We also have a member called Gorgeous, who claims he is a lizard alien from another planet, We also have Freebill who claims he is the reincarnated god who built the pyramids. We have lots of new interesting lunatics posting here everyday. We also have two Donald Trump supporters.

You are simply another lonely deluded lunatic, who has no friends, who simply has to post religious rubbish on a science based forum to get some attention from other humans. You are so boring, that you can't think of anything new to say, so you copy and paste the same word salad over and over again.

Have you tried an electronic meeting service for Siddhartha Gautama religious followers?
Siddhartha Gautama.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25262
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:26 pm

Azania wrote:I don't consciously choose to do anything.
You have consciously chosen to open five different forum accounts in the name of Clarifyit4me, Shaka, Placid, Azania, and so on. You have consciously chosen to turn on the computer. You have consciously chosen to click on the Skeptic Society Forum. You have consciously chosen to enter your password. You have consciously chosen copy and post the same word salad from three years ago.

Have you ever seen a psychiatrist? A good psychiatrist can help you deal with your insane claim you are not consciously doing this. :lol:

What are the symptoms of schizophrenia?

Confused thinking
When acutely ill, people with psychotic symptoms experience disordered thinking. The everyday thoughts that let us live our daily lives become confused and don’t join up properly.
https://www.sane.org/mental-health-and- ... izophrenia

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:42 am

Lausten wrote:Facts?
You say things just happen for no reason. Where are these facts? Why would you need them?


:shock: start from yourself and go inwards and you wil see the fact for yourself. What a peculiar question. Why would you need to wipe your arse? Obviously because you don't want to be walking around smelling like {!#%@}. Why are you here on this forum? Because you want to know as a matter of fact. Unless you are true to yourself you cannot possibly get to the root of it. Ask any physicist, the laws of physics are unpredictable. That body which you call yourself is governed by the same laws. You observe something, divide it into parts and look for their causes. When I say every thing happens for no reason I mean no reason in particular. Everything is the cause of everything else. Just like a watch, for it to function properly the mechanism at the back must work in unison, this cog moves that cog and in turn causes this to happen.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 25262
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:56 am

Lausten wrote:You say things just happen for no reason. Where are these facts?
Azania wrote:Start from yourself and go inwards and you wil see the fact for yourself.
No. That does not explain why you consciously changed your forum name five times, nor why you consciously click on the forum and consciously post your repetitive drivel here, nor why you consciously call us "retards" when we laugh at you.

Try harder next time.
:lol:

Azania wrote:Why would you need to wipe your arse?
So you have never consciously wiped your arse? That may explain why you are so lonely. :lol:

Azania wrote:Why are you here on this forum?
It's a skeptic forum where complete idiots like you make ridiculous religious claims and the skeptics pulls your ridiculous claims apart using logic, science and hard facts. :D

Azania wrote:the laws of physics are unpredictable.
Wrong again. Only quantum mechanical experiments are unpredictable in isolation, but very predictable in statistics. That's how your computer works. Didn't you know? :lol:

What do physicists mean when they say quantum mechanics is extremely predictable? What is being predicted so accurately?
https://www.quora.com/What-do-physicist ... accurately

Why does the Scientific method require predictable results concerning physics and experimentation?
http://physics.ucr.edu/~wudka/Physics7/ ... node6.html
Siddhartha Gautama.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Flash
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5937
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Flash » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:14 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
We also have a member called Gorgeous, who claims he is a lizard alien from another planet, We also have Freebill who claims he is the reincarnated god who built the pyramids. We have lots of new interesting lunatics posting here everyday.

Wow! Really? I think I missed all of that. :shock:
We also have two Donald Trump supporters.

Two and a half. ;)
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Azania
Access Suspended
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Azania » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:46 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Azania wrote:I don't consciously choose to do anything.
You have consciously chosen to open five different forum accounts in the name of Clarifyit4me, Shaka, Placid, Azania, and so on. You have consciously chosen to turn on the computer. You have consciously chosen to click on the Skeptic Society Forum. You have consciously chosen to enter your password. You have consciously chosen copy and post the same word salad from three years ago.

Have you ever seen a psychiatrist? A good psychiatrist can help you deal with your insane claim you are not consciously doing this. :lol:

What are the symptoms of schizophrenia?

Confused thinking
When acutely ill, people with psychotic symptoms experience disordered thinking. The everyday thoughts that let us live our daily lives become confused and don’t join up properly.
https://www.sane.org/mental-health-and- ... izophrenia



You are not very intelligent ellard. You talk about being conscious but it seems you are not even conscious of the difference in kind between intelligence based on memory and intelligence based on awareness. One is inherent within the consciousness whilst the other is merely based on the memories capacity to remember information. Borrowed, collected or otherwise you base all you assumptions on this data base of information without knowing the fact. You are like a child with a lollipop in one hand and a sparkler in the other. Whilst you suck your lollie you are fascinated by the sparks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do you actually know anything beyond your early learning books or what you have been told? You identify with some ripple in consciousness and then call it my thought. How deluded. You invent words, relate them by convention to repeated habits and experiences then call this intelligence or knowledge. You don't know anything first hand, actually I'll take that back. Obviously you know how dark it is up your rear end. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Lausten
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Arguing against religion

Postby Lausten » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:53 pm

Azania wrote:
Lausten wrote:Facts?
You say things just happen for no reason. Where are these facts? Why would you need them?


:shock: start from yourself and go inwards and you wil see the fact for yourself. What a peculiar question. Why would you need to wipe your arse? Obviously because you don't want to be walking around smelling like {!#%@}. Why are you here on this forum? Because you want to know as a matter of fact. Unless you are true to yourself you cannot possibly get to the root of it. Ask any physicist, the laws of physics are unpredictable. That body which you call yourself is governed by the same laws. You observe something, divide it into parts and look for their causes. When I say every thing happens for no reason I mean no reason in particular. Everything is the cause of everything else. Just like a watch, for it to function properly the mechanism at the back must work in unison, this cog moves that cog and in turn causes this to happen.

You have no beliefs at all do you? Blind watchmaker or non-causality or quantum deepity, you just skip from one to the other as you please. How do you find your way to work? But, that's making a lot of assumptions isn't it?
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com


Return to “The Letting Go of God Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests