Introduction

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
JohnHine

Introduction

Post by JohnHine » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:02 pm

Hey my name is John. I am a longtime lurker. I consider myself a skeptic and I have been caught up in a bunch of scams and cults :shock: . I hope to grow and learn specially dealing with women.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks

Re: Introduction

Post by Aztexan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:06 am

Hi. Well I'd say the first step in improving your dealings with women would be to not introduce yourself as a long time lurker :D
trump is Putin's bitch

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:12 am

Ha, ha.......cracks me up. Johns always get caught up when dealing with women. Its rarely the women, and even when it is, its always the John. Looking in the wrong direction is always a self defeating approach. I look forward to any details, such as, how the concept of skepticism plays a role in personal relationships. Hope vs experience??

Life is a trip.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:15 am

JohnHine wrote: I have been caught up in a bunch of scams and cults
Scams and cults are always popular topics. Perhaps you could run through some of the scams and cults you have observed. :D

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:34 am

Scams.

I still buy computer products expecting them to work. Last one, right now: the Amazon Firestick. Being wireless........of course it loses its connection "all the time." Now, I'm stuck trying to figure out if its a defective unit or if one of the five popular fixes to overcome the intentional design will actually work. I start with the cheapest, and work my way up. Waiting for an extension cord to arrive tomorrow and doubt it will work, no "logical" reason for it to work. After that, buy and use an OTG cable...but I don't see why a hard wire should help either, but this is the mystery element of the tech we don't understand but use every day. I'll stop short of getting a 5G router and instead move to the Roku which many say actually works. Same flim-flam on what the "free" content is though. Everything is "over sold."

Like all the scams.........they are really nice when they work.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Archer17

Post by Archer17 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:35 am

JohnHine wrote:Hey my name is John. I am a longtime lurker. I consider myself a skeptic and I have been caught up in a bunch of scams and cults :shock: . I hope to grow and learn specially dealing with women.
I'm Steve and I'm a newbie here as well although I've 'made the rounds' as Archer17 elsewhere addressing woo and doing my best to promote critical thinking. The fact you recognize "scams" and "cults" for what they are is a good thing. 8-)

Women? Treat them as you'd wish to be treated yourself is my only advice wrt to "dealing" with them. And "dealing with them" you must...they're everywhere. ;)
The plural of anecdote is not data.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:06 am

Hello and welcome, JohnHine, to the imaginary menagerie. You'll love it!

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:17 am

JohnHine wrote:Hey my name is John. I am a longtime lurker. I consider myself a skeptic and I have been caught up in a bunch of scams and cults :shock: . I hope to grow and learn specially dealing with women.
Aloha, sucker! :lol:
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:17 am

Replacement Amazon Firestick arrived in @ 24 hours. Shipping is fantastic. Too bad Firestick No2 does not work either. It can't find the remote...and as there are NO buttons to push on the unit: no remote, no work. The analogue, wired, age of the past was more robust than the consumer/end user quality control we have today. Hmmm....no wonder they gave me no guff about the unit not working? ..............ha, ha.......I wonder how many do?

I know........new member, happy times, not an appropriate way to greet him, but my own scams are paramount.........and he did lurk.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:40 pm

:wave: Hello JohnHine and Steve Archer17.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Post by Nikki Nyx » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:02 am

Welcome to the forum, John! :wave:
Archer17 wrote:I'm Steve and I'm a newbie here as well although I've 'made the rounds' as Archer17 elsewhere addressing woo and doing my best to promote critical thinking.
Welcome, Steve! :wave:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life

Post by bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 am

Archer17 wrote: And "dealing with them" you must...they're everywhere. ;)
The glass ceiling tells us they aren't. Thats one of the main 6-7 issues.