MonsterTalk #031 - Tracking the Chupacabra

Talk, debate, discussion, observations, etc... regarding episodes of MonsterTalk.
DoctorAtlantis
Poster
Custom Title: KSOFM

MonsterTalk #031 - Tracking the Chupacabra

Postby DoctorAtlantis » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:45 am

Tracking the Chupacabra

This week MonsterTalk co-host Benjamin Radford becomes the interviewee! Radford discusses his newest book, Tracking the Chupacabra. The culmination of a five-year investigation, this book may provide an actual solution to these mysterious humanoid sightings.

busterggi
Regular Poster
Custom Title: General Weirdness

Re: MonsterTalk #031 - Tracking the Chupacabra

Postby busterggi » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Quite interesting, he even got in a pun worthy of you. Now I just wish I'd ordered this book directly from Ben so I could have gotten it signed, I'd already pre-ordered it from Amazon.

busterggi
Regular Poster

Postby busterggi » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:41 pm

On relistening it struck me that from Ben's remarks the main stream press of Mexico, Puerto Rico, Central & South America is basically the Weekly World News. Straight reporting about chupacabra eggs in the desert, the bland acceptance of ufos & aliens as real, tons of conspiracy stories and anything by Scott Corales - no evidence need apply, make the US media, even Fox, look sane.

DoctorAtlantis
Poster
Custom Title: KSOFM

Postby DoctorAtlantis » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:47 pm

More than one listener informed us that the News Papers reporting the Chupacabra story were not tabloids or rags. They were the big newspapers of Puerto Rico. And they also said these are not bad newspapers, but they did carry the story of Tolentino's sighting.

busterggi
Regular Poster

Postby busterggi » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:27 am

Absolutely brilliant & shocking! I just got through my first skim of Ben's new book & he's done it, he's found the original chupachupa - crazy as it is!

My congrats to him & I can hardly wait to see the response from the rest of the MT fans.

Return to “Episode Discussions”