Coup D'Etat

Who else knows what we know, Jerry?
Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Coup D'Etat

Postby Tom Palven » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:28 am

Is Trump Machiavellian enough to intentionally incite violence in order to call in Federal troops to invoke the usual plea of "restoring order?"
He could then, perhaps, "temporarily suspend" the California legislature, and could later "temporarily suspend" federal elections "in order to protect the American people and the US Constitution."

If he were to do these things there would certainly be super-patriotic Americans like Rudy Giuliani would salute such actions as being "better than democracy," the words Giuliani used to describe the Egyptian coup and arrest of Egyptian parliamentary winners.

Conversely, could the entrenched Deep State promote a left-wing strong man or strong woman who would call for exactly the same goals as above, and for the arrest of Trump "in order to restore order?"

So far, imho, Trump's nomination of the relatively moderate-seeming Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court might be a conciliatory move indicating that Trump is not trying to incite violence at this time.
Voltairian individualist on the lunatic fringe of the radical center.

ElectricMonk
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Re: Coup D'Etat

Postby ElectricMonk » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:52 am

Gorsuch is not moderate at all, he might be more radical than Scalia was.
He is just not insane, which was within the realms of possibilities, given Trump.

I think that Trump and Bannon would go out of their way to make things hard for California and then not help: after all, as far as they are concerned, it's basically only occupied by Illegal Immigrants and run by Asians, so it's not really a part of the union any more.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/16/1365 ... -tech-visa
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:16 am

Tom Palven wrote:Is Trump Machiavellian enough to intentionally incite violence ...

It is mind boggling that this question should ever need be considered.

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:08 am

TJrandom wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:Is Trump Machiavellian enough to intentionally incite violence ...

True, but it also seems mind-boggling that California is considering state-wide sanctuary, in addition to ignoring the DEA regarding marihuana.
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/01/ ... sanctuary/

We may be living in mind-boggling times.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:46 am

Tom Palven wrote:
TJrandom wrote:

True, but it also seems mind-boggling that California is considering state-wide sanctuary, in addition to ignoring the DEA regarding marihuana.

Ouch! States’ rights are a bummer when not in concert with Trump showmanship. I`ll withhold opinion until after I learn which offences could be charged by the Feds and still see California refuse to cooperate – non-documented economic immigrant only, or truly `bad hombres`. Maybe the Feds will need an extradition treaty with California...

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:12 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:
TJrandom wrote:

Ouch! States’ rights are a bummer when not in concert with Trump showmanship. I`ll withhold opinion until after I learn which offences could be charged by the Feds and still see California refuse to cooperate – non-documented economic immigrant only, or truly `bad hombres`. Maybe the Feds will need an extradition treaty with California...

I'm being melodramatic. It's very doubtful that Trump will send federales into Washington state to arrest Judge Hobart for treason and endangerment of US citizens in overturning Trumps travel ban orders.

But I'm serious in my belief that it will take virtual US bankruptcy to subdue the fascist hubris of hegemony.

I say virtual bankruptcy because nation-states won't attain perfect bankruptcy as long as they can print money, as in the case of the collapse of the
Soviet empire when not even Russians wanted to hold rubles.

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:14 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:
TJrandom wrote:

I'm being melodramatic. It's very doubtful that Trump will send federales into Washington state to arrest Judge Hobart for treason and endangerment of US citizens in overturning Trump's travel ban orders.

But I'm serious in the belief that it will take virtual US bankruptcy to subdue the increasingly fascist hubris of hegemony.

I say virtual bankruptcy because nation-states won't attain perfect bankruptcy as long as they can print money, as in the case of the
collapse of the Soviet empire when not even Russians wanted to hold rubles.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:25 pm

TJrandom wrote:

President Loose Cannon has inspired such questions.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Bart Stewart
Regular Poster

Postby Bart Stewart » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:19 am

Personally, I would figure that one medium-sized terrorist attack would be all it would take for this psycho to declare a State of Emergency and suspend the Constitution. How long he could make it stick would be something else.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:58 am

Bart Stewart wrote:Personally, I would figure that one medium-sized terrorist attack would be all it would take for this psycho to declare a State of Emergency and suspend the Constitution. How long he could make it stick would be something else.
I agree. I imagine that foreign terrorists also had that thought, as a means of further isolating the USA. However, I also imagine that various intelligence agencies also worked that out and are listening for increased chatter.

On the other hand, the local grown USA extremists are probably feeling a bit betrayed by Trump at the moment and may want to put on a local demonstration. So I imagine the FBI and Home security also have their hands full at the moment.

What a complete mess. :frown:

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:08 am

And Texas is cutting funding for law enforcement in places to force them to get with the program and harass immigrants...
Hi, Io the lurker.

Return to “Conspiracies”