Antidisestablishmentarianism

Who else knows what we know, Jerry?
Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Antidisestablishmentarianism

Postby Tom Palven » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:14 pm

The Obama administration was said to have favored the Arab Spring movement which led to the overthrow of dictator Hosni Mubarak in Egypt in 2011, among other things.

In the first democratic election in Egypt's history Dr. Mohamed Morsi's Freedom and Justice Party won a solid majority in
Egypt's parliament. 

Several months later General Abdul Fatah al-Sisi overthrew the elected parliament and Dr. Morsi, who had received his PhD in electrical conductivity from the University of Southern California was arrested, and still remains in prison.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Morsi

US CENTCOM (Central Command in the Mid-East) probably aided and abetted the military coup, but in any case the Egyptian generals continued to receive millions of dollars in US military aid during the coup and still get millions.

This seems very similar to Operation Ajax in Iran in 1953 in which the CIA and British MI 6 overthrew the only democratic Muslim government in the Mid-East of Dr. Mohammed Mossadegh.

Some powers in the US apparently wanted to restore a pro-US dictatorship in Egypt.

Call them the secret police, "the intelligence community," the Deep State or simply the establishment, but it was not the US Commander-in-Chief and his administration.

The establishment's disinformation campaign is in full swing now, and it is questionable whether Trump will be able to promote détente with Russia even if he can get Congress to go along with him.

If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Re: Antidisestablishmentarianism

Postby gorgeous » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:19 pm

you wackos and your conspiracies......
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:03 pm

this goes back a long time:

https://youtu.be/QGHr-_bIdQ8
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:11 am

Tom Palven wrote:
The establishment's disinformation campaign is in full swing now, and it is questionable whether Trump will be able to promote détente with Russia even if he can get Congress to go along with him.

Peace is very bad for the business of war.
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Flash wrote:Tom Palven wrote:

Peace is very bad for the business of war.

I agree with much of what you, Flaah, write... and of course, the idea of war as the ultimate corruption of money in the body politic is , has been so , since humans first found the strength to pick up a spear: inarguable (except to people who like to argue without fact).

But before that ultimate corruption next falls upon us... in evermore consuming fury with each foray... there is the obvious question: what to do about the power of money in the formation and perpetuation of government?
What do you... in those moments of repose when you are not being immeasurably (and entertainingly) clever on this message board, think can be done about it?
Because... am I wrong?... it is the DOING...no matter how questionable on any side that the meaning lies.
Are we - no matter who we are ... so devoid of invention, so lacking in the prized intelligence of our species, so deprived oh human conscience, that we doomed to be destroyed by inanition, by what we FAILL to do?

NMB
P.S. And the next significant question: what is it in the nature of humankind (the only species given o such a peculiar behavior even with the most developed brain) that makes it so easy for the powerful to convince the powerless to pick up arms against enemies NOT their own, and for causes in which they have no vested interest?
NMB

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Digestion and metabolism?

Lard, save me from your followers.

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:58 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Digestion and metabolism?

Could be: the number of factors that impinge on human development and behavior are myriad, and while we increasingly know more about why and how, there is still much to know... nurture, certainly, and nature of course.
But the limits of nature and nurture are themselves murky.... or at least debatable.

I defer to you, because I was (obviously) simply asking a question, while you have (obviously) given the matter a great deal of thought....
May I take an equal number of seconds to think about it before I attempt an answer?

NMB

nmblum88
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby nmblum88 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:02 pm

nmblum88 wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Digestion and metabolism?

Could be: the number of factors that impinge on human development and behavior are myriad, and while we increasingly know more about why and how, there is still much to know... nurture, certainly, and nature of course.
But the limits of nature and nurture are themselves murky.... or at least debatable.

I defer to you, because I was (obviously) simply asking a question, while you have (obviously) given the matter a great deal of thought....
May I take an equal number of seconds to think about it before I attempt an answer?

NMB

Got it!!
Ready?
I DON'T KNOW.

NMB

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:21 pm

Well, there are always (or usually) satisfying surrogate natural wonders...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY_uMH8Xpy0

Lard, save me from your followers.

Jeff_36
Perpetual Poster
Location: At the hundredth meridian, where the great plains begin

Postby Jeff_36 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:44 am

Morsi was a problem. The problem was solved. NEXT!

Return to “Conspiracies”