False Flag Conspiracies

Who else knows what we know, Jerry?
Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

False Flag Conspiracies

Postby Tom Palven » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:18 am

Conspiracy buffs may especially like the second to last paragraph. Something to watch for in the future:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/03/pau ... inwash-us/
Voltairian individualist on the lunatic fringe of the radical center.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 9K Posts

Re: False Flag Conspiracies

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:33 am

I'm not a conspiracy buff....but it upsets me I don't find anything interesting in the entire very short blurb.

The second to last paragraph is about the blond reporters advising ISIS will be coming to America? How is that a conspiracy as opposed to pretty rational speculation, if not reporting on what is already happening?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:14 pm

"All of these bombing attacks have anomalies that the media never notices. Whatever officials say is reported as factual. How these bombings serve Washington’s agendas is never mentioned. The bombings often have the same pattern—brothers who conveniently leave their IDs at the scene. I suppose that having hit on an explanation that worked, the explanation is used repeatedly."

Take a piece of paper, cut a small hole in it. Put it over a map of the US. The hole is directly over Alexandria, Indiana, Population Who Cares. It is thus obvious that the United States is composed of small towns.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:24 pm

Gawd: Thats the penultimate paragraph, not the second to last. I don't understand your hole in the paper, but my gut tells me you think the quoted material is BS. I do regardless.

Tom: People who criticize conspiracy theorists should have a bit more on the ball?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:40 pm

I liked that paragraph. It exemplifies tunnel vision, as illustrated by my map analogy.

As for the second to last, LIBERALS IZ EBUL!!!!!

ElectricMonk
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:14 pm

False Flag conspiracies are the best: they are the perfect excuse for incompetence.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:22 pm

Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:35 pm

The University of Youtube is now accepting students.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:01 am

The expression "False flag" has simply been expanded by media into something which it isn't and people are really talking about non evidence based "propaganda". They are two very different concepts and everyone is mixing up tradecraft and propaganda terminology. .

A false flag was when a country would deal or investigate another country using a proxy agent pretending to represent a friendly third party nation. Thus the false "flag" represents nationhood. It has nothing to do with evidence or propaganda. A classic example would be the "old KGB' in the 1920's who used "Swiss" businessmen to raise money from Western governments to defeat the Russian government for "the Trust". The KGB simply ran the anti Communist Russian network, so they could control the situation. That's a private False Flag in tradecraft.

Non evidence based public propaganda , is when an existing set of facts in a scenario is changed around to suggest another activity is taking place. Occasionally, the perpetrators will "salt & pepper" bits of fake evidence to achieve that. However all the real evidence still remains in place. "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" document is a good example of "salt & peppering".

Let's look at a current "activity" together.
At the moment the Huffington Post and Sydney Morning Herald are investigating bribery in the oil industry after receiving copies of 3000 emails and other documents from an unnamed source.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/why-you-sho ... nulfk.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/ ... =australia

The first question to ask is "How on Earth did this individual source get their paws on such a wide range of emails and not be clearly identifiable?" ( Perhaps he didn't. Perhaps a larger signals intelligence organisation that monitors these communications did)

"What is the probable goal of the leak?" Well considering that we are talking about bribing government officials in Turkey including the son of the President, it would appear to be an attempt to ruin existing Western based oil sales networks in an volatile market where another country wants to establish control of oil sales.

"Who has been saying the same sort of thing recently?" Gosh. Let me think. A large country with an enormous signal intelligence organisation, recently accusing the Turkish President's son of accepting bribes based on satellite intelligence. I have no idea, who this could be.

Get to know your media tools.
By shear coincidence and totally unrelated, The Sydney Morning Herald and its sister publications at Fairfax, have been paid for three years to include another newspaper as an insert every three months. They share advertising revenue on the local pages on the inserts. "Russia : Behind the headlines" is a fascinating insert newspaper. I imagine many many "get to know you" meetings happened along the way.

I'm not saying I'm right. I'm just saying you have to look at all the evidence in depth and also look for a motive.

Return to “Conspiracies”