Even as He Rises, Donald Trump Entertains Conspiracy Theories

Who else knows what we know, Jerry?
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Even as He Rises, Donald Trump Entertains Conspiracy Theories

Postby Austin Harper » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:37 pm

The New York Times wrote:Even as He Rises, Donald Trump Entertains Conspiracy Theories
By Maggie Haberman

It was a question that most major presidential candidates would have quickly dismissed as absurd, even offensive: What do you make of these theories that Justice Antonin Scalia was murdered?

For Donald J. Trump, it appeared unavoidably juicy, and possibly the next big pop-culture fixation. “You know, I just landed, and I’m hearing it’s a big topic,” Mr. Trump told the radio host Michael Savage from South Carolina, in an interview just a few days after the Supreme Court justice’s unexpected death. Even as he said he could not speak to whether a special commission should investigate the death, he added, “They say they found a pillow on his face, which is a pretty unusual place to find a pillow.”

Mr. Trump, unlike most presidential candidates, does not shrink from addressing, and in some ways legitimizing, the wildest of hypotheticals. He has declared on a presidential debate stage that he knew a 2-year-old who immediately developed autism from a vaccination. He has appeared on the radio show of the noted conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who has suggested that the government played a role in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings. He has said on Twitter that President Obama might have attended Justice Scalia’s funeral had it been held at a mosque, feeding into the pervasive rumor that the Christian president is actually a Muslim. And he shared with a rally crowd a dramatic story of a United States general executing Muslim insurgents with bullets dipped in pigs’ blood, which has been dismissed as an Internet rumor.
(Read more)
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Re: Even as He Rises, Donald Trump Entertains Conspiracy Theories

Postby gorgeous » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:57 pm

conspiracies are real...yes 911 was done by the govt...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:04 pm

Tedious predictable, Gorgo.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Yup - more ….Image

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:08 pm

Isn't it more to the point that Trump rises in the NUT BALL Republican Party Primary events in the Deep South BECAUSE not in spite of entertaining Conspiracy Theories. Thats the whole point of his rise and why he will fall in the General if does not shift to the center.... Just as Hilary will.

Politics: a contest of lies.

Let us all hope a real conspiracy exists at the FBI and they will actually do their job in time for a Biden/Warren ticket to get forced on top of Bernie. Not that it all matters much what with another WallStreet meltdown heavy in the works.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:43 am

Trump seems to be awake..(aware of what is really going on behind the scenes)..could be why he is such a threat to the establishment who want to keep their power and secrets, crimes hidden..
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:03 pm

gorgeous wrote:Trump seems to be awake..(aware of what is really going on behind the scenes)..could be why he is such a threat to the establishment who want to keep their power and secrets, crimes hidden..

:lol: :lol:

That's really not why Trump is a threat to the establishment the world.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
True Skeptic

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:25 pm

Poodle wrote:That's really not why Trump is a threat to the establishment the world.

yeah, just saw 3 in a row reports of the violence against trump supporters in various venues. Not well covered?//Taken out of Context??? Hard to tell how much violence there has been...could be almost nothing as in egg to the face and girl smiling about it, one guy just running away, one guy with a small bleed....or is there more and thats just the tip? Or not much at all and just magnified by the coverage such as it is?

I'm in a bad position to judge....I wouldn't "rally" for or against anything, much less get violent about it. Not that others shouldn't be well motivated to do so depending on what they view the threat of the Trumpster to be. Eg: if he's not the typical lying politician just saying what is needed to get elected to later only serve himself but rather is an actual Hitler in his early years?

I think Trump actually is more of "a nice guy" than how he has presented himself. Still isolated and too rich and a publicity whore...but...he has many long term employees and supporters. That says alot about the man on a more personal level.....but then, so does Charles Manson. Hard to tell. Worth the rally supports/then worth the anti-Trump activists as well?

...............you know............if power didn't flow and stick to the top of our pyramidical structures and could actually stay distributed and checked and balanced as contemplated in our Constitution, such issues would be minimized.

But .... we don't. Just............look.

Silly Hoomans.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:43 pm

Trump needs to be the guy with the best story in the bar. And so far, he had the experience that, like an evening out, by next morning everyone will remember being entertained but will have forgotten the details of the story.
Now, each of his crazy soundbites comes back to haunt him, which is why Hillary had such an easy time attacking him.
The problem is that The Trump can never be wrong: it doesn't go with the brand. He can not apologize or admit that he was wrong - that would make him just another PC/establishment/flip-flop public figure.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:49 pm

Poodle wrote:
gorgeous wrote:Trump seems to be awake..(aware of what is really going on behind the scenes)..could be why he is such a threat to the establishment who want to keep their power and secrets, crimes hidden..

:lol: :lol:

That's really not why Trump is a threat to the establishment the world.

----it is ...he is learning of their crimes...they can't control him like the other candidates/presidents...

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:34 pm

They can't control him because he is a megalomaniacal dork with sociopathic tendencies. Oh, and he's a liar and a fantasist to boot (which I'd love to do).

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:36 pm

The anti-Trump violence actually makes me want to vote for Trump. It's leftists who are at fault for that, not Trump nor his supporters.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Paul Anthony
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: The other god

Postby Paul Anthony » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:32 pm

The rabble rousing left doesn't understand that their reactions give credence to what Trump is saying. But anyone who expects political speech to be rational or polite is delusional.

I like that Trump is not afraid to expose the farce that is politics, but I am leery of giving too much power to an egomaniac. I am equally leery of giving that power to a deceitful Hillary. I admire Bernie's honesty, but his policies are crazy.

So, I'm going to vote for Gary Johnson. Sure, he has no chance of winning, but that is only because most everyone still believes there can only be two political parties. Libertarians are economic conservatives and social liberals - which is in line with the beliefs of the majority of Americans, if only people would pay attention.

I blame the two-party system on team sports. We have all been conditioned to believe there can only be two teams on the field at a time, and we have to root for one team and want the other team destroyed. That may be okay for sports, but politics should involve more than just two sides.
People who say ALWAYS and NEVER are usually wrong, part of the time.
Science answers questions, Philosophy questions answers.
Make sense, not war.

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:46 pm

Paul Anthony wrote:I blame the two-party system on team sports. We have all been conditioned to believe there can only be two teams on the field at a time, and we have to root for one team and want the other team destroyed. That may be okay for sports, but politics should involve more than just two sides.

I blame it on the false dichotomy of good vs. evil. In other words, us vs. them.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:11 pm

Monster wrote:The anti-Trump violence actually makes me want to vote for Trump. It's leftists who are at fault for that, not Trump nor his supporters.

Damn straight. So many people have come to the belief that violence is somehow an answer. Where are the Gandhis, Kings, and Bevels of this generation?

Paul Anthony wrote:...anyone who expects political speech to be rational or polite is delusional.

Or, y'know, non-American. It seems the US has been losing more and more rationality as the years go by.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:35 am

Austin Harper wrote:
The New York Times wrote:Even as He Rises, Donald Trump Entertains Conspiracy Theories
By Maggie Haberman

It was a question that most major presidential candidates would have quickly dismissed as absurd, even offensive: What do you make of these theories that Justice Antonin Scalia was murdered?

For Donald J. Trump, it appeared unavoidably juicy, and possibly the next big pop-culture fixation. “You know, I just landed, and I’m hearing it’s a big topic,” Mr. Trump told the radio host Michael Savage from South Carolina, in an interview just a few days after the Supreme Court justice’s unexpected death. Even as he said he could not speak to whether a special commission should investigate the death, he added, “They say they found a pillow on his face, which is a pretty unusual place to find a pillow.”

Mr. Trump, unlike most presidential candidates, does not shrink from addressing, and in some ways legitimizing, the wildest of hypotheticals. He has declared on a presidential debate stage that he knew a 2-year-old who immediately developed autism from a vaccination. He has appeared on the radio show of the noted conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who has suggested that the government played a role in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings. He has said on Twitter that President Obama might have attended Justice Scalia’s funeral had it been held at a mosque, feeding into the pervasive rumor that the Christian president is actually a Muslim. And he shared with a rally crowd a dramatic story of a United States general executing Muslim insurgents with bullets dipped in pigs’ blood, which has been dismissed as an Internet rumor.
(Read more)

Regarding the conspiracy theories that Trump talks about, does he even believe them? Unfortunately, it's not possible to tell. Trump isn't stupid, even though he pretends he is, so how much of this crap does he believe? He pretended to be a birther, but I feel certain that he knew that Obama was born in the US. I think he pretended he was a birther to gain some political capital among Obama's detractors. But the Scalia death and vaccines, hmm, I don't see what he gains by saying he entertains these theories, so I can't say he doesn't believe them.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Postby ElectricMonk » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:57 am

He believes that what he does will get him elected.
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:23 am

Monster wrote:
The anti-Trump violence actually makes me want to vote for Trump. It's leftists who are at fault for that, not Trump nor his supporters.

Yeah, but it's the neo-conservative republicans who hate Trump the most; Kristol, Kegan, Brooks, Wolfowitz, Bremer, Perle and so on. They are the ones who got their patron billionaire saints to fund anti Trump stooges like Rubio, Cruz and that forgettable guy from Ohio and are still conspiring "to do something" about Trump.
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:58 am

Paul Anthony wrote:
The rabble rousing left doesn't understand that their reactions give credence to what Trump is saying.

It's almost funny if not obscene that you should say stuff like this in America where one of the favourite opinions about the country claims it to be the land of the free and blah, blah..home of the brave.

In your opinion the rabble should be what they have been all along, resigned and quiet aka unfree and not so brave and certainly should not be roused from it's oppression by the leftist agitators. Eat your instant mashed potatoes and drink your polluted water and if you try to be brave we'll cut off your food stamps, do you hear rabble?
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Return to “Conspiracies”