Help, need help to stop believing in the Illuminati

Who else knows what we know, Jerry?
TemplarJLS

Help, need help to stop believing in the Illuminati

Postby TemplarJLS » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:17 am

Hello, I'm a recently de-converted Atheist who recently found about all the Illuminati conspiracy Theories, and it is REALLY freaking me out, as I can't enjoy anything at all. I was wondering if you could help me.

First of all, there is this site talking about all the freemasons worshipping satan, and even goes so far as to quote some books by freemasons.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/socio ... 01.htm#top

Then on Youtube, I've seen a LOT of videos that say saying celebrities admitting the Illuminati exist.

Then there's all the symbols in the media. The problem is, I'm starting to see them too, and on some of my favorite TV shows. It's really hindering my enjoyment of them.

And then there are videos of people claiming to be whistleblowers, like Ted Gunderson and Kristen Meghan.

There are also these hour long videos full of news reports and all that, and everything.

I've been having trouble with this for 2 months now. :/

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Re: Help, need help to stop believing in the Illuminati

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:57 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum, TemplarJLS.

I have a question regarding this statement of yours: "I'm a recently de-converted Atheist".

Are you saying that you now believe in such things as gods and Satan?
Hi, Io the lurker.

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Postby kennyc » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:22 am

First off you should necessarily believe anything you read on the internet including this, but all you need to do is google illuminati debunked to find all manner of reasons to drop your non-founded beliefs.

http://www.skepdic.com/illuminati.html

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 844AAg2yvb

etc. etc. etc.

Do you have any specific thing about the claims that bothers you most?
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:52 am

Consider seeing your doctor to help you if you are having obsessive, unpleasant thoughts.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:22 am

kennyc wrote:First off you should necessarily believe anything you read on the internet including this...

That might just be the thing that got him/her into trouble.

(Lately, I keep doing that exact same thing - often omitting the "n't". Is it contagious?) :-P
Hi, Io the lurker.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:32 am

Gord wrote:
Consider seeing your doctor to help you if you are having obsessive, unpleasant thoughts.

Why "unpleasant thoughts"?
In my hallucinations the Illuminati are very pleasant...I was going to say "people" but it occurred to me that they might be the reptilians.
In either case they are nice and they give me the imaginary money. That's all I need.
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:41 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
kennyc wrote:First off you should necessarily believe anything you read on the internet including this...

That might just be the thing that got him/her into trouble.

(Lately, I keep doing that exact same thing - often omitting the "n't". Is it contagious?) :-P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My Mind was elsewhere......being controlled by the illuminati obviously!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

but after considering it, I'm NOT going to edit it.
:P
Kenny A. Chaffin

clarsct
Frequent Poster

Postby clarsct » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:56 am

What Kenny said, along with this:
Conspiracies fail. In the end, too many people have to keep a secret. One of the most paranoid and power grubbing leaders in our history couldn't keep a break in at a hotel secret. If hundreds or thousands of people need to keep a secret, the difficulty goes up exponentially. e^x, where X is very large.

The Watergate break in was discovered by a security guard who found a door lock had been taped over. Really. There's just too many people and too many variables.

Especially in the day and age of the internet.

Hell, North Korea can't keep journalists out, and it's a SMALL country.
People blab secrets. It's like there's an evolutionary component.
When Religion becomes State, and breaking the Law becomes a Sin, then Dissenters will become Heretics.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:54 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:
kennyc wrote:(Lately, I keep doing that exact same thing - often omitting the "n't". Is it contagious?) :-P

I find it hard to be negative but it is something I worry about.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:53 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:

I do know. Maybe. My keyboard wo type the combination.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:21 pm

TemplarJLS wrote:Hello, I'm a recently de-converted Atheist who recently found about all the Illuminati conspiracy Theories, and it is REALLY freaking me out, as I can't enjoy anything at all. I was wondering if you could help me.

First of all, there is this site talking about all the freemasons worshipping satan, and even goes so far as to quote some books by freemasons.

Then on Youtube, I've seen a LOT of videos that say saying celebrities admitting the Illuminati exist.

Then there's all the symbols in the media. The problem is, I'm starting to see them too, and on some of my favorite TV shows. It's really hindering my enjoyment of them.

And then there are videos of people claiming to be whistleblowers, like Ted Gunderson and Kristen Meghan.

There are also these hour long videos full of news reports and all that, and everything.

There was a user on this site who used to post links to videos and then say "this is really freaking me out!" I forgot the guy's name. Something that starts with an 'a'. You sound like him.

Regarding the Illuminati: they don't exist. Forget 'em. Regarding Satan: he doesn't exist. Forget 'im. So don't worry about that sort of thing.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:34 pm

That was Aphrodites Child.

Which is why I'm holding my breath.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:59 pm

And then there's this one, first one to cross my mind (but don't tell him, he's afraid, nah terrified, that people can read his thoughts) , and then, of course, 27.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:15 pm

To believe in the Illuminati one has to believe that the most powerful people in the world work cooperatively and have done so for centuries.

Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:42 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:To believe in the Illuminati one has to believe that the most powerful people in the world work cooperatively and have done so for centuries.

Out golfing the other day, I swear the foursome in front of us was Obama, Merkel, Jinping, and Putin.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:07 pm

Monster wrote:
TemplarJLS wrote:Hello, I'm a recently de-converted Atheist who recently found about all the Illuminati conspiracy Theories, and it is REALLY freaking me out, as I can't enjoy anything at all. I was wondering if you could help me.

There was a user on this site who used to post links to videos and then say "this is really freaking me out!" I forgot the guy's name. Something that starts with an 'a'. You sound like him.

Regarding the Illuminati: they don't exist. Forget 'em. Regarding Satan: he doesn't exist. Forget 'im. So don't worry about that sort of thing.

Yeah, but can a nerd choke an athlete with his thighs?
Kenny A. Chaffin

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:09 am

Flash wrote:Gord wrote:

Why "unpleasant thoughts"?

Because obsessive, pleasant thoughts are called "hobbies" and people are encouraged to practice them.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

TemplarJLS

Postby TemplarJLS » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:04 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum, TemplarJLS.

I have a question regarding this statement of yours: "I'm a recently de-converted Atheist".

Are you saying that you now believe in such things as gods and Satan?

No, I'm I deconverted to an atheist.

kennyc wrote:Do you have any specific thing about the claims that bothers you most?

A few. I've seen video of Prince, Katt Williams, and Tila Tequila who are known in hollywood claim they believed in the Illuminati.

Also, with the Freemasons, all the quotes I seee about the freemasons admitting they're satanic (like the link in my first post)

I also remember seeing a video about 9/11 that showed a plane go on fire before it hit the towers.

Then there is this person named Tom Deckard who claims to be a prophet who predicted stuff like 9/11, the bird flu, and AIDS.

I'm sorry, this has just been haunting me for months.

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:19 am

TemplarJLS wrote:
A few. I've seen video of Prince, Katt Williams, and Tila Tequila who are known in hollywood claim they believed in the Illuminati.

Also, with the Freemasons, all the quotes I seee about the freemasons admitting they're satanic (like the link in my first post)

I also remember seeing a video about 9/11 that showed a plane go on fire before it hit the towers.

Then there is this person named Tom Deckard who claims to be a prophet who predicted stuff like 9/11, the bird flu, and AIDS.

First things first, did you look at the links Kenny posted at the beginning of the thread?

TemplarJLS

Postby TemplarJLS » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:35 am

Cadmusteeth wrote:
TemplarJLS wrote:

First things first, did you look at the links Kenny posted at the beginning of the thread?

Yes I did.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:43 am

Cadmusteeth wrote: First things first, did you look at the links Kenny posted at the beginning of the thread?
TemplarJLS wrote:Yes I did.

Good. Now, in point form, set out exactly what elements of the "Illuminati" cause you anxiety and then add what Kenny's links say about each element.

See? All your anxieties have gone away, because you can clearly see that there is nothing tangible to be frightened of. If you still are anxious, then it's you and not the Illuminati legends and you need to see a doctor to reduce personal anxiety.

Now let's see your list......

fromthehills
Has More Than 9K Posts

Postby fromthehills » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:47 am

Spoiler:
Aphrodites Child,
perhaps.

TheUltimateBlitz1
Regular Poster

Postby TheUltimateBlitz1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:49 am

Well if your anxiety isn't cure them adopt the philosophy I have, which after being obsessed with ufos I have come to create. Basically the odds are low and you'll adapt to whatever is true, whether there is reptilian illuminati controlling you or it's a bunch of bs. Just calm down and know if any illumanti thing happens you will endure as humans and animals do. I think this works more with ufos butane it will. Help you with your fears.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:20 am

TheUltimateBlitz1 wrote:Well if your anxiety isn't cure them adopt the philosophy I have, which after being obsessed with ufos I have come to create. Basically the odds are low and you'll adapt to whatever is true, whether there is reptilian illuminati controlling you or it's a bunch of bs. Just calm down and know if any illumanti thing happens you will endure as humans and animals do. I think this works more with ufos butane it will. Help you with your fears.

:| :gb: :grab:
#ANDAMOVIE

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:41 pm

Gord wrote:
TheUltimateBlitz1 wrote:Well if your anxiety isn't cure them adopt the philosophy I have, which after being obsessed with ufos I have come to create. Basically the odds are low and you'll adapt to whatever is true, whether there is reptilian illuminati controlling you or it's a bunch of bs. Just calm down and know if any illumanti thing happens you will endure as humans and animals do. I think this works more with ufos butane it will. Help you with your fears.

Auto correct?
Hi, Io the lurker.

TheUltimateBlitz1
Regular Poster

Postby TheUltimateBlitz1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:24 pm

Gord wrote:

Lol sorry Gord, sent this later at night from my phone.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:15 am

TheUltimateBlitz1 wrote:
Gord wrote:

I usually blame the phone lines for my binge drinking too. :mrgreen:
#ANDAMOVIE

octopus1
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Deep Sea Mollusk

Postby octopus1 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Gord wrote:
TheUltimateBlitz1 wrote:
Gord wrote:

I usually blame the phone lines for my binge drinking too. :mrgreen:

I'll butane you do.
"On the fence".... Without a cushion....

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:34 pm

octopus1 wrote:I'll butane you do.

That's SO bad it's funny :D

octopus1
Perpetual Poster

Postby octopus1 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Poodle wrote:
octopus1 wrote:I'll butane you do.

That's SO bad it's funny :D

I hope it was so bad it hurt! Because I'm propane... (Oh, brother... :lol: )

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby Poodle » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:22 pm

Me than(e)k you.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:24 pm

And I said Elaine.
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, Io the lurker.

octopus1
Perpetual Poster

Postby octopus1 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:31 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:I said Elaine.

You Tarzan, Methane... ;)

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:40 pm

octopus1 wrote:

You're into some gassy stuff... for a girl. :-P
Hi, Io the lurker.

octopus1
Perpetual Poster

Postby octopus1 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:00 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
octopus1 wrote:

You're into some gassy stuff... for a girl. :-P

I'm not sure that I like the connection between an Octopus and (potentially) unethical energy sourcing :lol: My tentacles don't swing that way :P

Abdul Alhazred
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: Yes that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:44 am

The Illuminati?

Read anything by Robert Anton Wilson on the subject. ;)
Scientists don't know everything, therefore my favorite flavor of stoopidz is true.

RationalStruggle

Postby RationalStruggle » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:42 pm

The Illuminati is nothing more than a projection of the real inequality and our own alienation. When we are unable to understand what is going on society, we invent entities like "The Illuminati" to fill "the gaps" of our own ignorance.

octopus1
Perpetual Poster

Postby octopus1 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:21 am

RationalStruggle wrote:The Illuminati is nothing more than a projection of the real inequality and our own alienation. When we are unable to understand what is going on society, we invent entities like "The Illuminati" to fill "the gaps" of our own ignorance.

Yeah :P

The thread derailed, largely I suspect, as a result of how poorly received it was in the first place. It's not polite, admittedly, but it works!

Oh, and welcome! :lol:

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:48 am

The first President of the United States, George Washington believed that the Illuminati intended to separate the people from their government in his letters in the Library of Congress. The original manuscript is on the Library of Congress website here. Here is the text as written verbatim:

Mount Vernon, October 24, 1798.

Revd Sir: I have your favor of the 17th. instant before me; and my only motive to trouble you with the receipt of this letter, is to explain, and correct a mistake which I perceive the hurry in which I am obliged, often, to write letters, have led you into.

It was not my intention to doubt that, the Doctrines of the Illuminati, and principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more truly satisfied of this fact than I am.

The idea that I meant to convey, was, that I did not believe that the Lodges of Free Masons in this Country had, as Societies, endeavoured to propagate the diabolical tenets of the first, or pernicious principles of the latter (if they are susceptible of seperation). That Individuals of them may have done it, or that the founder, or instrument employed to found, the Democratic Societies in the United States, may have had these objects; and actually had a seperation of the People from their Government in view, is too evident to be questioned
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:06 am

gorgeous wrote:
Quote George Washington.
"It was not my intention to doubt that, the Doctrines of the Illuminati, and principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more truly satisfied of this fact than I am."

Wrong Illuminati. President Washington is talking about the Bavarian Illuminati, Jacobin secret society founded on May 1, 1776, that closed in 1784. Are you also claiming there are Jacobins floating around the planet today?
:D

Return to “Conspiracies”