The Associated Press

Who else knows what we know, Jerry?
Major Malfunction
Has No Life
Custom Title: Dérailleur Énigmatique

Re: The Associated Press

Postby Major Malfunction » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:41 pm

Explosives are chemical weapons. Yanks and Ruskies drop tonnes of them on innocent civilians every day. Or sell them to people who do.

I'm struggling to see any moral high-ground in any direction.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Matt,

If you have the time you may find this interview with Gregory Mannarino interesting.

He starts off talking about gold, then global debt, the bond market, the Fed, and war drums.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP8buIHFWhQ

It definitely belongs in a conspiracy thread, but he makes some sense to me.
Voltairian individualist on the lunatic fringe of the radical center.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Tom, did you supply them?

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:26 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:No The Russian Federation loves the UN because it sits on the security council.

My mistake. I just assumed the sanctionz were manajd by the UN or NATO. According to the Wiki article, the US iz the driving fors.

Now I haf to rethink my entire conspirasy theory! O wait - I alredy did, a month ago. Been way too bizzy lately and I hav sum sort uv respiratory infection brewing. My attention to detail iz not at its best.

What deal? Russia doesn't give at rat's arse about the USA's opinion.

I'd assume Russianz care alot, but Putin duznt looz any sleep over the pain the sanctionz are inflicting on them.

May I remind you the USA bombed a hospital in Mosul last month killing 200 civilian rebels.

Horrible. The Commander In Chief shoud be getting blasted by Congress for this ill considered unauthorized action. (nothing but crickets chirping)

The US certainly lost even more credibility over that, just like the botched strike in January.

Call me crazy, but it seemz to me this helps Putin. Seemz to me the guy responsible for it mite be working for Putin.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:23 am

JO 753 wrote: I'd assume Russianz care alot, but Putin duznt looz any sleep over the pain the sanctionz are inflicting on them.

The old Soviet Union had five year plans. When the EEC placed cheese sanctions on the modern Russian Federation the government simply spent money on establishing a cheese industry, because that's what they do in Russia.

Putin, himself, isn't all that powerful. the United Russia Party has about 70% of the Duma (parliament) but the Communist Party of the Russian Federation (CPRF) still has about 20% and can block bills, with minor parties, if there is an internal dispute within United Russian politicians.

The next Russian election is March 2018 and Putin has to start campaigning at the end of 2017 so Putin needs to increase consumer goods production now. This is going to distract Putin from international affairs.

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:33 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:Putin needs to increase consumer goods production now. This is going to distract Putin from international affairs.

Or he coud get the sanctiuonz lifted.

Suppoze it iz az big & stinky az I'm segjesting - then thats wut Trump winning wuz all about.

Actually, that woud only be a middle ground stink. It woud be mainly to relieve a bad situation in Russia.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:03 am

JO 753 wrote:Or he coud get the sanctiuonz lifted.
The sanctions are only imposed by countries who don't buy stuff from Russia. It's the direct sanctions on particular financial services like banks ( Vnesheconombank) and so on that does the most harm as it keeps them out of international capital raising markets.

That's why the Russians manipulating Trump arranged for Jared Kushner, Trump's adviser, to meet with Sergie Gorkov of Vnesheconombank during Trump's campaign. Sergie is a former officer of the KGB who studied at the Academy of Federal Counter-Intelligence Services of Russia, in Moscow.
:D

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:31 pm

Trump said to be withholding the evidence that Syrian forces used chemical weapons:
https://consortiumnews.com/2017/04/12/t ... -evidence/

Too reminiscent of "yellow cake uranium," "weapons of mass destruction," "babies yanked from incubators " by Hussein's forces in Kuwait, Uday and Qusay Hussein's "rape rooms," and on and on and on duly regurgitated by the AP.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:21 pm

:?: That is odd... a quick google search shows many news organisations, and not just the AP which, reported on the Syrian chemical weapons use, as well as on suspicions that it might not have been Syrian by forces.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:10 am

Breaking news!
The CIA chief Mike Pompeo just said that the supporters of Julian Assange are demons. I got a picture of one of those people and Pompeo is right, this doesn't look good.
57eb86d45bab1_Priests.jpg

Fortunately, the Vatican offers courses in exorcism. A week long education in undemonizing the world followed by a real life training providing one can find Assange's supporter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:08 am

Flash wrote:Breaking news!
The CIA chief Mike Pompeo just said that the supporters of Julian Assange are demons. I got a picture of one of those people and Pompeo is right, this doesn't look good.
57eb86d45bab1_Priests.jpg

Fortunately, the Vatican offers courses in exorcism. A week long education in undemonizing the world followed by a real life training providing one can find Assange's supporter.

That exorcism would be for Pompeo, right?

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:48 am

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:53 am

Tom Palven wrote:Pompeo's flip-flop:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mik ... e9848ab3f2

I predict that any day now, you too will flip and start to sing praise for the AP. :lol:

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:23 pm

Russian interferens iz not new:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfI_ZTIhBrw
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:23 pm

In a continuing saga, RT reports that Julian Assange responded to Mike Pompeo's declaration that the WikiLeaks is "a non-state hostile intelligence service..." with his own declaration that the CIA is a state non-intelligent service.
Mike! It's your turn... :dil:
When I feel like exercising, I just lie down until the feeling goes away. Paul Terry

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Mon May 15, 2017 6:40 am

Reuters blames the NSA in article "Microsoft slams government secrecy"
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-brita ... SKBN18820S

I await today's newspaper wondering how, or even if, the AP will cover this story.

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Mon May 15, 2017 11:24 am

As anticipated in the post above, the long AP article which appeared today on the first page of The Florida Times-Union and continued on page 4 titled "Experts fear cyberattack" will worsen, contained no mention of the NSA, although it not suggest that Russia was to blame.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Mon May 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Michael Beschloss
@BeschlossDC

JFK signs for Barbra Streisand, White House Correspondents Dinner 1963: #AFI pic.twitter.com/qZ6ygxvxUH
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue May 16, 2017 12:26 am

gorgeous wrote:JFK signs for Barbra Streisand, White House Correspondents Dinner 1963:

I understand you are quite nutty....but what is your problem with JFK signing an autograph for Barbara Streisand? Are you claiming they are both aliens this week?
JFK.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:26 pm

The third paragraph in an article in today's Times-Union (Jacksonville, FL) by Vivian Salama, the Baghdad bureau chief for the Associated Press, reads:

"All 17 intelligence agencies have agreed that Russia was behind the hack of Democratic email systems and tried to influence the 2016 election to benefit Trump."

This is not merely distortion or error of omission, but a flat-out lie, really kinda special, even for the AP.
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/lie ... d_20170607

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:52 pm

At least Truthdig iznt another rite wing or Russian propaganda joint. At least not az obviously az sum uv your other soursez.

The claim iz that the report iz the work uv only 3 ajensyz, then goez on to say the Demz are blocking testimony from Carter Paje.

They are going along with the GoP effort to make 'the Rusher thing' a conspirasy by the Democrats to destroy Trump.
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:06 pm

JO 753 wrote:At least Truthdig iznt another rite wing or Russian propaganda joint. At least not az obviously az sum uv your other soursez.

The claim iz that the report iz the work uv only 3 ajensyz, then goez on to say the Demz are blocking testimony from Carter Paje.

They are going along with the GoP effort to make 'the Rusher thing' a conspirasy by the Democrats to destroy Trump.

Believe me, JO, I can't stand any of Trump's policies- kowtowing to the Christian fundy anti-abortion right, the wall, Cuba, and on and on, EXCEPT that he seemed to want to take Russia off the Best Enemies Forever list that also include Iran and North Korea.

Like I said, this thing seems to be snowballing and the end is in sight for the Trump-Pence regime, and I don't think that makes any difference in the long run at all; the Deep State/MIC has been in charge for a long time and will remain in charge.

However, Paul Ryan appointing SC justices, etc, will probably b better in the short term, before the US goes bankrupt.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:44 am

The German paper Der Spiegel just published an article about how German spy agency BND has spied on the US.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/german-intelligence-also-snooped-on-white-house-a-1153592.html

Documents that SPIEGEL has been able to review show that the BND, until a few years ago, actually had considerable interest in the United States as a target of espionage. The document states that just under 4,000 search terms, or selectors, were directed against American targets between 1998 and 2006. It is unknown whether they continued to be used after those dates.

The German intelligence agency used the selectors to surveil telephone and fax numbers as well as email accounts belonging to American companies like Lockheed Martin, the space agency NASA, the organization Human Rights Watch, universities in several U.S. states and military facilities like the U.S. Air Force, the Marine Corps and the Defense Intelligence Agency, the secret service agency belonging to the American armed forces. Connection data from far over 100 foreign embassies in Washington, from institutions like the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the Washington office of the Arab League were also accessed by the BND's spies.

And they also spied on the White House, the State Department and the US Treasury.

I think the generic term "spying" includes hacking so they could have hacked into the DNC computers, and Hillary's private server.
In fact anybody could had hacked anything important in the US. MI6, the Israelis, Chinese, the good terrorists as well as the bad ones. They could had pulled off the false flag operation leaving behind the Cyrillic script, the name Cozy Bear and even Putin's name.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:02 am

Tom Palven wrote:
JO 753 wrote:At least Truthdig iznt another rite wing or Russian propaganda joint. At least not az obviously az sum uv your other soursez.

Believe me, JO, I can't stand any of Trump's policies- kowtowing to the Christian fundy anti-abortion right, the wall, Cuba, and on and on, EXCEPT that he seemed to want to take Russia off the Best Enemies Forever list that also include Iran and North Korea.

Like I said, this thing seems to be snowballing and the end is in sight for the Trump-Pence regime, and I don't think that makes any difference in the long run at all; the Deep State/MIC has been in charge for a long time and will remain in charge.

However, Paul Ryan appointing SC justices, etc, will probably b better in the short term, before the US goes bankrupt.

I think Trump doesn`t give a {!#%@} - just so long as he personally profits financially. If his kids profit too, well OK - but screw the country and anyone else if they don`t. Of course no harm done if others profit too.....

A sure way to bankrupt anything is to cut off income and financing…

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:49 pm

I called it. He can't even believe his luck. But while he's in office for a term, he's going to take full advantage - as the opportunist he is - to stuff as much cash in his pockets (and his friends) while he can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyh-mUNwST0
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:39 am

Tom Palven wrote:"All 17 intelligence agencies have agreed that Russia was behind the hack of Democratic email systems and tried to influence the 2016 election to benefit Trump."

This is not merely distortion or error of omission, but a flat-out lie, really kinda special, even for the AP.

Or it isn't. Let's see:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/joi ... r-national

Joint Statement from the Department Of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security

Release Date: October 7, 2016

..."The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities."....

USIC is made up of 16 agencies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... ty#Members . Also included in the 17 agencies is the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.

However, while all 17 agencies issued the statement together, this does not mean all 17 actually conducted independent investigations into the matter. It merely means that the Director of National Intelligence, which speaks for the country’s 17 federal intelligence agencies and which released the joint statement, was confident that Russia was behind the email hackings.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:51 am

Gord wrote:
Tom Palven wrote:"All 17 intelligence agencies have agreed that Russia was behind the hack of Democratic email systems and tried to influence the 2016 election to benefit Trump."

Or it isn't. Let's see:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/joi ... r-national

Joint Statement from the Department Of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security

Release Date: October 7, 2016

..."The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations. The recent disclosures of alleged hacked e-mails on sites like DCLeaks.com and WikiLeaks and by the Guccifer 2.0 online persona are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process. Such activity is not new to Moscow—the Russians have used similar tactics and techniques across Europe and Eurasia, for example, to influence public opinion there. We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities."....

USIC is made up of 16 agencies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... ty#Members . Also included in the 17 agencies is the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.

However, while all 17 agencies issued the statement together, this does not mean all 17 actually conducted independent investigations into the matter. It merely means that the Director of National Intelligence, which speaks for the country’s 17 federal intelligence agencies and which released the joint statement, was confident that Russia was behind the email hackings.

Yes, you have the word of long-time Deep State apparatchik James Clapper, appointed by Obama, who held the office from Aug. 9, 2010 to Jan. 20, 2017, and who told Congress in 2013 that the NSA does not collect any data on Americans, which was disproved by WikiLeaks later that year.
ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Clapper

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:44 pm

Tom Palven wrote:...long-time Deep State apparatchik James Clapper....

Oh, {!#%@} off. :lol:
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

JO 753
Has No Life

Postby JO 753 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:39 pm

You messed up the link Tom. It wont work without the h.

Spy ajensy officialz that lie? :shock:
Gubmint for us
not the rich.

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:36 pm

Gord wrote:

What?

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:37 pm

JO 753 wrote:You messed up the link Tom. It wont work without the h.

Spy ajensy officialz that lie? :shock:

James Clapper has worked for secret police since 1963:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Clapper

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Tom Palven wrote:
Gord wrote:

What?

#ANDAMOVIE

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:05 pm

The Point knows no nose.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:04 am

Flash wrote:The German paper Der Spiegel just published an article about how German spy agency BND has spied on the US.
Of course it does. The entire CIA network in Europe was set up by a German army officer called Reinhardt Gehlen who previously spied on Russia for the Nazis. He became the first director of the BND.

The BND still spies on everyone including USA citizens. It was the BND's foreign intelligence division that informed the IRS and ATO about their citizens hiding revenue in Switzerland to avoid tax and to launder money.

"The Swiss banking association was forced to apologise on Thursday night for remarks by its chairman that the activities of Germany’s BND intelligence agency in a nationwide crackdown on tax evaders were reminiscent of the Gestapo."
https://www.ft.com/content/e9be215c-e0b ... c?mhq5j=e2

America also spies on Australia, which is fine because we also spy on them. That's called the "honesty with evidence" doctrine. :D

However, you would have to offer me compelling evidence that German signals intelligence was used to hack the Democrat emails. Trump was anti-NATO. Clinton was pro-NATO. Additionally German signals intelligence is part of the Bundeswehr and not civil-political like the NSA. It would seem too risky for no return.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:28 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
However, you would have to offer me compelling evidence that German signals intelligence was used to hack the Democrat emails. Trump was anti-NATO. Clinton was pro-NATO. Additionally German signals intelligence is part of the Bundeswehr and not civil-political like the NSA. It would seem too risky for no return
Yes, I agree. Everybody spies on everybody. Mike Pompeo just said that Russia has been trying to hack the US government for decades.
Of course, and America has been trying to hack the Russian government for even longer.

And nobody has gone ballistic about China but China is probably spying on everybody as well. I suppose it is not politically correct to demonize China about that yet but at some time in the future it's going to happen.

Finally, I think this week the Five Eyes are meeting in Ottawa to discuss among other things encryption. I wonder if somebody is going to try to spy on them. The evil Russia is probably going to try.:mrgreen:

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:34 am

Flash wrote:... The evil Russia is probably going to try.:mrgreen:

Flash, Why would Russia need to do that? After all, they already have their man in the White House who is willing to tell them anything - asked or not.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:46 am

TJrandom wrote: Why would Russia need to do that? After all, they already have their man in the White House who is willing to tell them anything - asked or not.
That's a funny question. I'm suspicious that Trump's daily intelligence briefing is very vague, so he can't blab again.

In theory Jared Kushner is the new middle east peace envoy, yet I don't think the intelligence community even talks to him, which is clearly ridiculous as an ongoing situation. Kushner must be sacked asap.

Flash
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby Flash » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:58 am

Tom Palven wrote:
...long-time Deep State apparatchik James Clapper....

Gord:

James Clapper the operative of the Deep State and a wanna be celebrity spent most of his life lying to everybody including the US Senate. Now he is a part of the war of the cliques and still lying.

I was surprised to find on the Wiki a probably partial list of his lying achievements. No use quoting it, look it up yourselves.
But I will quote just one thing, here it is;
In May 2017 Clapper was criticized by some media outlets for a xenophobic remark in an interview with Chuck Todd from Meet the Press.[81] He told NBC's "Meet The Press" that Russian people are "genetically driven" to infiltrate and manipulate American society.[82][83]

Yeap, The Russians are genetically driven to spy and hack and whatever. The old Nazi cranial measurements which Clapper is no doubt familiar with confirm this fact. The inferior people in charge of the biggest country on the planet...unacceptable.

TJrandom
Has More Than 7K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:23 am

Sooo you think he meant that literally, in a medical sense? I still have that bridge for sale....

Major Malfunction
Has No Life

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:29 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:America also spies on Australia, which is fine because we also spy on them. That's called the "honesty with evidence" doctrine. :D

Yep. It's well-known. One day we got a call from the Yanks saying the Chinese were in our system. We had to go off-line for a week.

How did the Yanks know? They were in there, too.

Return to “Conspiracies”