After-Death Communication Study

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Shen1986
Veteran Poster

After-Death Communication Study

Post by Shen1986 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:48 am

Hi

A new study of the After-Death Communication is in the works: https://northampton.onlinesurveys.ac.uk ... stionnaire

However even now I see problems with it and why this kind of research is not taking seriously. Here are the problems with it:

1. Problem: The person who is mourning is in a state of emotional shock and therefore he will perceive a person who is dead but this is a kind of hallucination caused by the effects of mourning and stress and not a direct contact:
A perceived spontaneous and direct After-Death Communication (ADC) occurs when a mourner unexpectedly perceives a deceased person through the senses of sight, hearing, smell, or touch.
Source: https://northampton.onlinesurveys.ac.uk ... stionnaire

2. Problem: This is the biggest problem in my opinion because the person who is mourning feels the presence and sees the dead person thanks to the fact that he is in a shock and in a bad emotional state and that is nothing paranormal because feeling a presence is normal in people with schizophrenia
or a high level of paranoia also. As for the dreams its normal to dream about something you have experienced or are emotional attached to:
Very commonly, persons who experience an ADC (experients) solely “feel the presence” of the deceased person or perceive a contact or a communication during sleep or hypnagogic states.

As for Hypnagogia that is also not a good sign that these experiences are real:
Hypnagogia, also referred to as "hypnagogic hallucinations", is the experience of the transitional state from wakefulness to sleep: the hypnagogic state of consciousness, during the onset of sleep (for the transitional state from sleep to wakefulness see hypnopompic). Mental phenomena that may occur during this "threshold consciousness" phase include lucid thought, lucid dreaming, hallucinations, and sleep paralysis. However, sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming are separate sleep conditions that are sometimes experienced during the hypnagogic state.[1]
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

3. Problem: Doing a survey using the internet is strange in my opinion because people can lie in it:
The project team thanks you very much for taking the time to complete this questionnaire. You can fill it in in several goes by using the save function which will allow you to resume the questionnaire later.
Also:
Powered by online surveys

Conclusion: So I am little doubtful that this study will bring something. Also after reading this I am not wondered that after death communications are not taken seriously because in that state when a loved one dies people will start seeing them everywhere. Many people after someone died close to them change their lives or even die. Here is a example where a mother has died after her daughter of the grief:
The day after Fisher's death, her mother Debbie Reynolds suffered a stroke at the home of son Todd, where the family was planning Fisher's burial arrangements.[138] She was taken to a hospital, where she died later that afternoon.[139][140] According to Todd Fisher, Reynolds had said, "I want to be with Carrie" immediately prior to suffering the stroke.[141][142] On January 5, 2017, a joint private memorial was held for Fisher and Reynolds. A portion of Fisher's ashes were laid to rest beside Reynolds in a crypt at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Hollywood Hills.[144] The remainder of her ashes are held in a giant, novelty Prozac pill.[145]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrie_Fisher#Death
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Re: After-Death Communication Study

Post by gorgeous » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:10 pm

"1. Problem: The person who is mourning is in a state of emotional shock and therefore he will perceive a person who is dead but this is a kind of hallucination caused by the effects of mourning and stress and not a direct contact"------proof?--------------------"feeling a presence is normal in people with schizophrenia
or a high level of paranoia "----who said all are paranoid or schizo?---------"3. Problem: Doing a survey using the internet is strange in my opinion because people can lie in it:"---------yes, you can lie, scientists can lie too....
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Io
Poster

Post by Io » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:06 pm

gorgeous wrote:"1. Problem: The person who is mourning is in a state of emotional shock and therefore he will perceive a person who is dead but this is a kind of hallucination caused by the effects of mourning and stress and not a direct contact"------proof?--------------------"feeling a presence is normal in people with schizophrenia
or a high level of paranoia "----who said all are paranoid or schizo?---------"3. Problem: Doing a survey using the internet is strange in my opinion because people can lie in it:"---------yes, you can lie, scientists can lie too....
Seriously? You, of all people, are asking for proof? :lol:
Also, you missed someone in your list of people who can lie on the internet.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:26 pm

Which
You can fill it in in several goes by using the save function which will allow you to resume the questionnaire later.
makes all the easier - just roam the webz a little and let other cranks make up your mind for you. ;)

(Also :wave: to Shen - good to see you riding a fall leaf here for a visit. :-D)
Lard, save me from your followers.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:33 pm

I have been conducting an after-death communication study for decades. So far, there hasn't been one.

From my data, I conclude that when a person dies, they forget every language they've ever known, and have to learn a new one that is completely unknown to the living.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:38 pm

I learned they don't have to learn it - there's simply instant communication upon arrival. But those psychos who teach that can't name it or use it. After they returned from their... trip.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Post by gorgeous » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:15 pm

yes...Shen has no proof of his statements....typical when trying to explain the unexplainable...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:04 pm

gorgeous wrote:yes...Shen has no proof of his statements....typical when trying to explain the unexplainable...
Nope. He supplied a citation for people with schizophrenia or paranoia commonly believing there is another presence nearby. Are you disputing this statement? Yes or no?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:06 pm

gorgeous wrote: has no proof of his statements.....
Hey Gorgeous? Can you name one of Seth's, (your channeled god) predictions that came true? Just one thanks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ElectricMonk
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Post by ElectricMonk » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:48 am

you can teach a program to emulate the style of text-messages a person send during their life, and make them generate new ones.
Presto: After-Death Communication.

Shen1986
Veteran Poster

Post by Shen1986 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:33 pm

gorgeous wrote:"1. Problem: The person who is mourning is in a state of emotional shock and therefore he will perceive a person who is dead but this is a kind of hallucination caused by the effects of mourning and stress and not a direct contact"------proof?--------------------"feeling a presence is normal in people with schizophrenia
Here is proof:
Mourning seems to be a time when hallucinations are particularly common, to the point where feeling the presence of the deceased is the norm rather than the exception. One study, by the researcher Agneta Grimby at the University of Goteborg, found that over 80 percent of elderly people experience hallucinations [and illusions] associated with their dead partner one month after bereavement, as if their perception had yet to catch up with the knowledge of their beloved’s passing.
Source: https://psychcentral.com/blog/grief-bri ... illusions/

Also I am not saying that all people there were schizophrenics but that a brain can cause this and its not unheard of. That is all. You do not need to invoke the paranormal for this.

Shen1986
Veteran Poster

Post by Shen1986 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:34 pm

gorgeous wrote:yes...Shen has no proof of his statements....typical when trying to explain the unexplainable...

I replied already. Do you think I have the time to be on the Internet 24 hours like you? I have a real life too you know.

Shen1986
Veteran Poster

Post by Shen1986 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:35 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Which
You can fill it in in several goes by using the save function which will allow you to resume the questionnaire later.
makes all the easier - just roam the webz a little and let other cranks make up your mind for you. ;)

(Also :wave: to Shen - good to see you riding a fall leaf here for a visit. :-D)
Thanks for the nice comment. I will be here more in the weekend when I have some free time. Looking also forward to Halloween. 8-)

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:19 pm

Always nice to know you're alive and kicking! :-D
Mourning seems to be a time when hallucinations are particularly common, to the point where feeling the presence of the deceased is the norm rather than the exception. One study, by the researcher Agneta Grimby at the University of Goteborg, found that over 80 percent of elderly people experience hallucinations [and illusions] associated with their dead partner one month after bereavement, as if their perception had yet to catch up with the knowledge of their beloved’s passing.
Heck, that happened after the demise of a neurotic pet. For weeks it came dashing around the usual corners to trip me, was attacking my feet while sleeping (not the feet, I was sleeping), and crapping next to the bed at night, or anywhere else on the path to the bathroom in the dark. Awakening those feelings and body memories is caused by sheer fear. :-P

Shen1986
Veteran Poster

Post by Shen1986 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:59 pm

After death communication is nothing more then just bereavement hallucination and according to this site its normal for religious people or the believers in the paranormal to conclude that its proof of a world beyond this one:
In parapsychology, as well as in various religions, it is not uncommon to designate bereavement hallucinations as a form of communication with deceased individuals or * apparitions.
Source: http://hallucinations.enacademic.com/20 ... lucination

Also the Mirror has a story about it with a normal non-paranormal explanation: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-new ... e-10868359

Its just the way how the brain wants to deal with grief and shock of the loss of a loved one. We are social creatures after all.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Post by gorgeous » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:56 am

doesn't prove anything...just theories with no evidence..

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Re: After-Edit Communication Study

Post by scrmbldggs » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:01 am

theories wrote:doesn't prove anything...just theories with no evidence..
A name change won't help ya... :mrgreen:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:45 am

gorgeous wrote:doesn't prove anything...just theories with no evidence..
Gorgeous? Shen supplied both the theory and supporting evidence. You didn't actually read his links did you?

You can't actually remember what Shen is talking about can you?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Post by Poodle » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:09 am

gorgeous wrote:doesn't prove anything...just theories with no evidence..
Not a comment - just saving this wonderful Gorgeous quotation to throw back at her whenever she comes up with her normal nonsense.

busterggi
Regular Poster
Custom Title: General Weirdness

Post by busterggi » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:09 pm

There is no such thing as a 'normal' response from Gorgeous.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Post by gorgeous » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:08 pm

Its just the way how the brain wants to deal with --------------not evidence of anything...

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:16 pm

I think we recommended you see a professional before. It could prove very helpful for such an affliction.