Page 1 of 6

Atheists are idiots

Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:39 pm
by Kamil
According to wikipedia, Steve Harvey, host of family feud has said this. What do you have to say to this?

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:43 pm
by bobbo_the_Pragmatist
What do you say?

Why do you care: 2 pts: what he says, what we say??

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:54 pm
by scrmbldggs
.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:53 pm
by Gord
Who the hell is Steve Harvey? He (or she or it) sounds like an idiot, so I guess maybe he (or she or it) considers himself (or herself or itself) an atheist?

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:06 pm
by Monster
Kamil wrote:According to wikipedia, Steve Harvey, host of family feud has said this. What do you have to say to this?
I have to say that he is incorrect.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:13 pm
by Io
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:14 pm
by SteveKlinko
Kamil wrote:According to wikipedia, Steve Harvey, host of family feud has said this. What do you have to say to this?
Atheists are not Idiots but:

1) They spend a lot of time debunking all the ancient religions. This is ok for a short time but gets tedious after a longer time. For me debunking the ancient religions is easy and I stopped doing it a long time ago. It's a no brainer. If they feel that they still must debunk the ancient religions it is probably only because they have not totally escaped the early childhood brainwashing that we all get, so they need to continuously reassure themselves.

2) They make the Mistake, that because all the ancient religions are bogus, that there must be no Higher Intelligence in the Universe. That is clearly narrow minded. We know that just on our planet there is a hierarchy of Intelligence with the Human Mind at the top. They may admit that there could be Alien Beings that are smarter than we are but they limit their thinking to what could evolve in just the timespan of the age of our Universe, since the Big Bang. it is speculated that there could have been countless other Big Bangs that have come and gone before our Big Bang ever happened. Maybe the goal of evolution is to produce a being that is Intelligent enough to survive the ultimate end of a Big Bang cycle. It will probably be true that this intelligent Being will be pure Consciousness because it would seem that a Physical Being could not exist without a Physical Universe. But what could this surviving Intelligence be like? It could be God like from our perspective and it might know how to make another Big Bang because it likes to have corporeal existence every now an then. They might get bored. This is of course all speculation. The Atheists however will not allow for such a thing because they basically Believe there is no God. They can not prove there is no God. They only are able to disprove the gods of Ancient Religions.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:20 pm
by bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Atheists spend almost no time debunking ancient religions, or current or new ones either. Most atheists are busy doing what they are interested in. Only a dedicated rather small group seeks the activity you suggest.

Evolution has no goal. Evolution is a result of basic physics.

The tenents of all religions (ancient, modern, future) are easy to disprove. If its not science...... its not true and therefore easy to debunk.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:33 pm
by SteveKlinko
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Atheists spend almost no time debunking ancient religions, or current or new ones either. Most atheists are busy doing what they are interested in. Only a dedicated rather small group seeks the activity you suggest.

Evolution has no goal. Evolution is a result of basic physics.

The tenents of all religions (ancient, modern, future) are easy to disprove. If its not science...... its not true and therefore easy to debunk.
Conscious experience has a huge roll in Evolution. Pain and Pleasure (Conscious experiences) have influenced Evolution from the first time a Neuron fired in the most primitive organism. The goal is to seek out the Pleasure and avoid the Pain. This is a different thing than simple Natural Selection, if that was what you were saying has no goal. The Conscious influence is outside the realm of basic Physics. Basic Physics cannot explain Conscious experience, even though it might someday. To categorically say that Evolution has no goal is presuming more understanding than Science has today.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 pm
by Aztexan
Steve Harvey is a christian. Comedian Chris Rock says black folk who call themselves christians have short memories.
That doesn't make them idiots but they worshipping the wrong god.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:15 pm
by bobbo_the_Pragmatist
SteveKlinko wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Atheists spend almost no time debunking ancient religions, or current or new ones either. Most atheists are busy doing what they are interested in. Only a dedicated rather small group seeks the activity you suggest.

Evolution has no goal. Evolution is a result of basic physics.

The tenents of all religions (ancient, modern, future) are easy to disprove. If its not science...... its not true and therefore easy to debunk.
Conscious experience has a huge roll in Evolution. Pain and Pleasure (Conscious experiences) have influenced Evolution from the first time a Neuron fired in the most primitive organism. The goal is to seek out the Pleasure and avoid the Pain. This is a different thing than simple Natural Selection, if that was what you were saying has no goal. The Conscious influence is outside the realm of basic Physics. Basic Physics cannot explain Conscious experience, even though it might someday. To categorically say that Evolution has no goal is presuming more understanding than Science has today.
Complete failure in the BASICS of the theory. I'll guess you are confusing the consciousness of individuals and even every member of every species, but that is NOT influencing evolution. The only evolution there is is driven by adaptation to the environment. Try to find one qualified authority, ie: not a nut case, that says evolution as a goal. Even the few evolutionists who believe in god, don't believe in goals.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:52 pm
by TJrandom
WTF is Family Feud and why would anyone care what is said by one of thems?

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:03 pm
by OlegTheBatty
I spend no time at all debunking religion. However, that is not evidence that I am not an idiot.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:44 pm
by Poodle
Sailors sleep in debunks. Or is that hummocks? It doesn't really mattress.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:01 am
by Aztexan
I cot you making bad puns. You think this sheet's a game?

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:27 am
by Gawdzilla Sama
SteveKlinko wrote:
Kamil wrote:According to wikipedia, Steve Harvey, host of family feud has said this. What do you have to say to this?
Atheists are not Idiots but:

1) They spend a lot of time debunking all the ancient religions.
You realize this is just a hobby for most of us, right?
2) They make the Mistake, that because all the ancient religions are bogus, that there must be no Higher Intelligence in the Universe.
Tell us who made that logical fallacy. "They" is not an answer.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:37 am
by Aztexan
Them?

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:53 am
by Gawdzilla Sama
Aztexan wrote:Them?
Thy!

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:20 am
by Aztexan
My?

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:07 pm
by SteveKlinko
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:
bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:Atheists spend almost no time debunking ancient religions, or current or new ones either. Most atheists are busy doing what they are interested in. Only a dedicated rather small group seeks the activity you suggest.

Evolution has no goal. Evolution is a result of basic physics.

The tenents of all religions (ancient, modern, future) are easy to disprove. If its not science...... its not true and therefore easy to debunk.
Conscious experience has a huge roll in Evolution. Pain and Pleasure (Conscious experiences) have influenced Evolution from the first time a Neuron fired in the most primitive organism. The goal is to seek out the Pleasure and avoid the Pain. This is a different thing than simple Natural Selection, if that was what you were saying has no goal. The Conscious influence is outside the realm of basic Physics. Basic Physics cannot explain Conscious experience, even though it might someday. To categorically say that Evolution has no goal is presuming more understanding than Science has today.
Complete failure in the BASICS of the theory. I'll guess you are confusing the consciousness of individuals and even every member of every species, but that is NOT influencing evolution. The only evolution there is is driven by adaptation to the environment. Try to find one qualified authority, ie: not a nut case, that says evolution as a goal. Even the few evolutionists who believe in god, don't believe in goals.
I know Science can not deal with Consciousness, so they will always ignore it in their analysis. Scientists are quite literally ignorant of Conscious Phenomenon. It is completely clear that Conscious Pain and Pleasure (plus the myriad of other Conscious experiences) will influence the actions of simple as well as complicated organisms. It is the action of individual organisms that produces the overall effect of Natural Selection and Evolution. Maybe Evolution is not even possible without the Conscious aspect. Lets just say that the end product of Evolution would probably at least be a lot different without a Conscious aspect being involved.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:12 pm
by TJrandom
Thoseuns?

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:37 pm
by Gawdzilla Sama
Aztexan wrote:My?
Lai

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:37 pm
by bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Atheists are idiots
..... and Killers too.

"shooter at Santa Fe High School in Texas....was an atheist...."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspected-sho ... d=55270939

Hate it when my ilk is smeared like this. (OTOH: he played football too. I wonder which activity was more influential?)

They aren't always hard to spot:


Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:00 pm
by TJrandom
With 19 churches serving 12,222 people, being an atheist must have been oppressive. I`d blame the born `aginers for this one.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:24 pm
by Lance Kennedy
The percentage of people who are atheists increases with education, especially in the rational subjects like science, medicine and engineering. Interestingly, higher education is related to lower levels of crime. So, not only are atheists more likely to have higher qualifications in rational subjects, but they are less likely to be criminals than Christians.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:31 pm
by Gawdzilla Sama
So, no attorneys?

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:49 pm
by TJrandom

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:13 pm
by Gord
SteveKlinko wrote:I know Science can not deal with Consciousness
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

http://deptmedicine.arizona.edu/news/20 ... l-2-7-2018

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:17 am
by SteveKlinko
Gord wrote:
SteveKlinko wrote:I know Science can not deal with Consciousness
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

http://deptmedicine.arizona.edu/news/20 ... l-2-7-2018
Had to Google that one. Never seen Game of Thrones. Looks like there is debate on what the line meant. But it is appropriate for describing what I know and what Science knows about Consciousness. Science is hiding behind a false understanding of what it knows about Consciousness. I know Science is doing that. Although I also don't know, I am at least trying to solve the problem because I know I don't know. I speculate on things because I'm trying to get people to think about Consciousness in different and sometimes in new ways. Everything is still on the table when it comes to Consciousness.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:08 pm
by bobbo_the_Pragmatist
No one knows anything except from Science. The thing with science is that it keeps working on these various issues. When you start from ignorance, you get different answers from when you start with certain knowledge.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:48 pm
by Lance Kennedy
Bobbo

Well done.
Some genuine wisdom for a change.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:44 am
by Aztexan
shots-fired_new.jpg

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:44 am
by Aztexan
:twisted:

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:44 am
by TJrandom
Not so fast there… Trumps` deplorables know they are upright citizens and gorgeous knows there are aliens on earth brought here in UFO thingies. To know something, does not imply a basis for that knowledge, or even if that knowledge is accepted by most as being factually correct. It simply is the condition of acceptance of some information, even if that acceptance is based upon delusional thinking, or not thinking at all. Science as the basis for knowing something is of course better than ignorance, or faith, IMO

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:29 pm
by Bobbie the Pragmatist
Steve Harvey sounds as if he is ignorant of the meaning/definition of what an "idiot" is. And he sounds misguided
by making an umbrella statement and being presumptuous. He sounded like a bigot to me.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:27 am
by SEG
Hold on. I also saw this on that Wiki page:

Comments about atheists
Harvey has received criticism for a May 30, 2009 book interview he gave on Larry King Live guest hosted by Joy Behar.[48] During that interview, he asserted that women should not date atheists who, he claimed, have no "moral barometer."

Then this:

Dating website
In September 2014, Harvey launched a new dating website called Delightful to "help Women become more dateable".[36]

Then this:
Miss Universe pageant
In December 2015, Harvey hosted the Miss Universe 2015 pageant in Las Vegas.

...and finally this:

Personal life
Harvey has been married three times and has seven children (4 biological and 3 stepchildren). From his first marriage, to Marcia Harvey, he has two daughters and one son.[57][11][58] From his second marriage, to Mary Shackelford, Harvey has another son.[59][60] The couple divorced in November 2005.[61]

Anyone see a pattern about his own moral barometer?

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:09 am
by Lance Kennedy
The suggestion that atheists have no moral barometer is denied by the statistical fact that, per capita, fewer atheists than Christians become criminals.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... d-religion

Not only that, but non believers have lower divorce rates, engage in less unprotected sex while single, donate more money to charity, commit fewer murders, and secular nations are happier than religious ones.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:19 pm
by scrmbldggs
Doesn't matter if it's not being done because of fear of dog.

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:38 pm
by Aztexan
The Holy Trinity?
Cerberus.png

Re: Atheists are idiots

Posted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:41 pm
by Gawdzilla Sama
Aztexan wrote:The Holy Trinity?

Cerberus.png
FLUFFY!