Did the Chinese Government really discover ESP, Telekineses and Teleportation?

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
GTAAddictionz

Did the Chinese Government really discover ESP, Telekineses and Teleportation?

Postby GTAAddictionz » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:25 pm

I realise now I have to try and debunk this myself before, posting, so I have tried my best to debunk it, but I'm not quite there.

So, I found this report made by the CIA (link at bottom), I thought this was a weird article so I read it. Now, this was very different to the Stargate Project, this looked like it came straight from science fiction. Apparently, China tested telekinesis, telepathy, teleportation, you name it, all with psychic children, during the 1980's. I searched the internet but there was very little on the topic, until I found this:

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom ... 00420017-1

This is another document that was released a few years later. It is written by a pseudoskeptic, Marcello Truzzi in the OMNI Magazine. He tries to replicate the tests and gets very different results. The tests involve the children reading things whild blindfolded, trying to prove telekineses, ESP and telepathy. The 'psychic' children in one test, get every answer wrong, and in others only get 20-30 percent of the test right, there were chances for the children to cheat though, as sometimes the instructor would block his view (he was watching behind a mirror presumably). Now, this does sound like a complete debunk, but the only problem is, I don't know if he is talking about the same children and the same experiments, that the CIA were talking about. The reason I believe this is because Marcello talks about the events taking place in 1979-1982 where the CIA were fully focused on experiments released to the public in 1981.

Here is Marcello's report (already shown above):

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom ... 00420017-1

The official document by the CIA (read Pages 56-58):

https://fas.org/sgp/eprint/teleport.pdf

Can someone tell me if they are both talking about the same experiments, as if not, I woukd have only debunked Marcello's set of experiments and not the ones the CIA reported. If they are, it will be fully debunked.

Thanks.

ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: The Baby-eating Bishop

Re: Did the Chinese Government really discover ESP, Telekineses and Teleportation?

Postby ElectricMonk » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:38 pm

Trump is right - the Chinese have obviously been stealing US technology: MK ULTRA was much earlier.
"'I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I promise I won't do it again."
- Daddy Pig

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: Did the Chinese Government really discover ESP, Telekineses and Teleportation?

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:44 pm

Yet again with the concern troll BS.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Willywizz

Postby Willywizz » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:59 pm

It sounds made up from the get-go. If the Chinese government really discovered that magic was real don't you think it'd be in the headlines? A galaxy that lacks dark matter was discovered recently and it was all over the place, and that's pretty minor compared to humans having magical superpowers doncha think?

Magical beliefs are quite common in China so of course you're going to get someone who wants to 'prove' it. The same guy probably wants to sell you snake oil to attain said ESP/teleportation nonsense.

GTAAddictionz

Postby GTAAddictionz » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:05 pm

8-)
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Yet again with the concern troll BS.

I just don't get it. What am I doing wrong? The first time I posted I was told in future to add more detail so they know what I'm talking about. The second time, I was told by you that I have to put some work in myself. Now, after taking this into account, I'm being called a troll? Is this a site where people ask help for debunking or not, because that's what I got from it.

Also, there is a guy who literally just said he saw a mythical Greek creature a few days ago, but nobody called him a troll.

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:51 pm

I'm fascinated. Who said that?

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:36 pm

GTAAddictionz wrote:8-)

I just don't get it. What am I doing wrong? The first time I posted I was told in future to add more detail so they know what I'm talking about. The second time, I was told by you that I have to put some work in myself. Now, after taking this into account, I'm being called a troll? Is this a site where people ask help for debunking or not, because that's what I got from it.

Also, there is a guy who literally just said he saw a mythical Greek creature a few days ago, but nobody called him a troll.

You reek of concern troll.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:01 pm

Poodle wrote:I'm fascinated. Who said that?

It's got wiiiiiiiiiiings. But only on April 1st. ;) (Ain't that right, Willy?)

Lard, save me from your followers.

GTAAddictionz

Postby GTAAddictionz » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:37 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:

Well if you really want to know why I'm here, it's because I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder about these kind of things, whenever I see them around the net, I try to debunk them so I don't become overwhelmed with anxiety. But, since I don't know a whole bunch, I sometimes need help in debunking things.

GTAAddictionz

Postby GTAAddictionz » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:41 pm

It's a CIA report, but I don't know how trustworthy it is.

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:52 pm

GTAAddictionz wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:

Well if you really want to know why I'm here, it's because I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder about these kind of things, whenever I see them around the net, I try to debunk them so I don't become overwhelmed with anxiety. But, since I don't know a whole bunch, I sometimes need help in debunking things.

You

do

not

have

to

debunk

anything.

Willywizz

Postby Willywizz » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:22 am

scrmbldggs wrote:

It's got wiiiiiiiiiiings. But only on April 1st. ;) (Ain't that right, Willy?)

Several qualified LSD and crack cocaine addicts have looked at my photos and have told me with confidence that the photos contain several large unknown equine atmospheric animals that happened to land in my backyard after two hits of LSD. Biased skeptics cannot tell me that pink pegasuses that fart rainbow poop do not exist after I had a definite sighting of two of them from only twenty meters away. :mrgreen:

Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts

Postby Monster » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:11 am

GTAAddictionz wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:

If you have no reason to believe that something is true, then it’s usually safe to not worry about it.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:12 am

GTAAddictionz wrote:So, I found this report made by the CIA (link at bottom),

There is no CIA report. You have linked to the CIA's copy of a a Omni article, debunking remote viewing from the CIA library. If you had done any research you would have noticed Marcello Truzzi, the author, is a de-bunker from CSICOP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcello_Truzzi

The Russians wasted USA resources by hinting they could use "woo" powers ,like remote viewing. The USA was conned a couple of times by magicians like Uri Geller, but eventually dismissed the whole paranormal research as useless and non existing.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:28 am

Yeah, why did you label Marcello Truzzi a pseudoskeptic? He's the one who popularised the word.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:25 am

How long have I been unconscious?

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:49 pm

All of it.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:11 pm

Gord wrote:All of it.

That's two infinities, then.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Postby Gord » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:39 am

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:
Gord wrote:All of it.

That's two infinities, then.

That adds up.
#ANDAMOVIE

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”