World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1188
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Cadmusteeth » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:59 pm

Jo,
You can't say they saw anything either. Even if there is no settled explanation or diffinitive evidence for those events happening, saying that something happened doesn't mean anything. Saying we have to take it seriously because they haven't been explained to your satisfaction is value claim, not a scientific claim.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 13234
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by JO 753 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:42 pm

Sertainly. I hav no argument with that.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28951
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:16 pm

JO 753 wrote:What claim? Why not just rezoom posting in the Call for Debaterz thred rather than starting from scrach? Plenty uv storyz that hav only been explainerated, not debunked.
That was where a bloke called :The Truth Engine" tried made claim about the Washington UFOs without reading anything about the Washington UFOs. He claimed the government Blue Book report, explaining and offering hard evidence of temperature inversions was wrong, without actually having ever read the blue book government report in the first place. He didn't know any of the facts. When this was pointed out to him..... he left.

As I said. No one is making any serious claims for alien UFOs anymore. It is just a entertaining legacy, for children, like leprechauns, or tooth fairies or Santa coming down the chimney.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 13234
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by JO 753 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:42 am

You shoud giv up on the Blue Book claimz. I dont think anybodyz buying it anymore. IIRC, didnt you consede that it wuz a sham, Nikki?
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 13234
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by JO 753 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:54 am

Herez wun I dont recall seeing befor:


Cosford Insident Explained
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28951
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:06 am

JO 753 wrote:You shoud giv up on the Blue Book claimz. I dont think anybodyz buying it anymore. IIRC, didnt you consede that it wuz a sham, Nikki?
No. In regards to the Blue Book, "the Truth Engine" bloke was saying it was totally wrong although he had never actually read it. When I read the Blue Book report on the Washington UFOs it clearly stated that the false readings increased in June with summer and that the pilot sent out to find the false radar returns identified the local ferry and its funnel heat and smoke making the false returns. No one else bothered to read the evidence.

I'll just say it openly. UFO fans don't do any basic research. Have you ever seen Gorgeous, the other alien UFO believer actually offer any evidence? Nope never. He just says "Aliens are real" and that that's as far as he can ever go. He may as well be supporting Mickey Mouse as real.

Here is simple evidence for my position. : Did you read the Blue Book report on the Washington UFOS?
:)

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28951
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:28 am

JO 753 wrote:Herez wun I dont recall seeing befor:
As you noted, your link answered the question.
"A space debris re-entry of satellite rocket booster (R/B) 22586 from Cosmos 2238 occurred over Ireland, Devon, and Belgium around 01:10 am local time on the 31st March 1993. Undoubtedly this re-entry caused most of the sightings."

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 13234
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by JO 753 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:33 am

Yes. (did I read BB report)

And iznt Gorgeous a girl?

After your last post:

You missed the important parts. The re-entry explained 1 set uv sitingz that nite, but not the other.
Unfortunately only 3 uv the 5 parts play consecutively, so you haf to klik on the contributorz name to get the last 2.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28951
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:45 am

JO 753 wrote: And iznt Gorgeous a girl?
Gorgeous is a senile male in his late 70s, in Pasadena, California. He was an original Seth cult member in the late 1960s.

If you really want a laugh you should read Gorgeous's opinion on how female eggs come from behind the female navel.
:D

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4907
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:58 pm

I am female ....ellard is the senile male who wears pink ruffled dresses...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Aztexan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:33 pm

Well he does have nice legs
trump is Putin's bitch

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11302
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by OlegTheBatty » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:37 pm

When he bothers to shave
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Aztexan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Give the brotha a break. She mentioned his senility.
trump is Putin's bitch

KevinLevites
Poster
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:20 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by KevinLevites » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:19 am

I've wondered about the alien thing many times.

It bothers me that they're basically human-looking (If I confine myself to the 'greys'), and another idea presents itself.

Let use suppose that highly advanced humans from the far future have discovered time travel. They will be different...as different as we are from bonobos.

It also explains why they can't get captured. If any of them make mistakes, they can use time travel to fix their screwups...so it's they same thing as confronting an adversary that knows the future.

So, we have a superficial resemblance, immunity from our technology, no possibility of capture, shadowy figures that show up mysteriously to confiscate evidence and doctor records...all with the surety of advance knowledge and insider information.

As to why? Historical interest, perhaps. Maybe they want to ressurect extinct species, or pehaps we hold an answer to some other vital problem.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 13234
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by JO 753 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:12 am

That makes sense.

Peepl believ wut they want based on wut soundz least far-fetched to them.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28951
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:37 am

KevinLevites wrote:I've wondered about the alien thing many times. It bothers me that they're basically human-looking (If I confine myself to the 'greys'), and another idea presents itself.
"Looking human" is one of the most ridiculous concepts about aliens of all time. We are the only "upright" two legged species on the planet Earth. Other planets will have different gravity, may be gaseous or liquid, may have lots of radiation or almost no sunlight at all. It's a ridiculous concept.

Stephen Gould went through why all chordates on Earth have five fingers, as an adaption to our specific environment in "Ten little piggies". Before coming to land we sometimes had six, four, seven fingers "things" and so on

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 11703
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Lance Kennedy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:09 am

The alien visitors from outer space thing is pure superstition .

Certainly people see things they do not understand. People have ALWAYS seen things they do not understand. After all, it is hard to understand your own delusions. In previous eras it was witches, demons, goblins, trolls etc. Today it is aliens. But the things they see are the same.

I recently read that half of all the people in Iceland believe in elves. Iceland is a modern and sophisticated nation. And half of them believe in elves ! In the rest of the western world it is aliens. Duh !!

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 13234
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by JO 753 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:17 am

Matthew Ellard wrote: "Looking human" is one of the most ridiculous concepts about aliens of all time.
But biolojists go on & on explaining why its such a big advantaj; why we are running this joint.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Nikki Nyx » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:54 pm

JO 753 wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:It's not "relatively common" to witness a crime being committed.
More common than UFO sitingz.
But still not "relatively common." And seeing an account of a crime on the news is not witnessing it.
JO 753 wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:JO, either/or "reasoning" proves nothing, because it lacks a {!#%@} ton of nuance.
Not much nuans involved with the subject.
Seriously? Yes, there is. Experiencing something you can't explain actually IS "relatively common." Happens to me all the time. And always with nuance.
• "What the hell is that noise?" *follows noise to source* "Oh. The foam insulation wedged into that basement window fell out." I didn't know until I investigated, but I also didn't jump to the conclusion that my house was haunted.
*sees animal in yard* "What is that thing?" *waits until it moves closer* "Oh. It's a mountain lion." I didn't know until I investigated, but I also didn't jump to the conclusion that it was a hippogryph.
By the same token, "What is that thing in the sky?" *gets binoculars* "Oh. It's a weather balloon." I didn't know until I investigated, but I also didn't jump to the conclusion that it was an alien spacecraft.
JO 753 wrote:Extraordinary events get your attention and make you alert.
Yes, they get your attention, but they don't necessarily make you more alert, hone your powers of observation, increase your ability to think critically...or magically provide you with the will to overcome the weaknesses of the human brain. Which instantly begins to attempt to match your sensory experience to its model of the universe, even if it has to convince you you've seen details that you haven't seen and erase from your memory details that you have seen.

This happens to everyone, even people with highly superior autobiographical memory (HSAM). In the following study, experimenters briefly discussed 9/11 and mentioned in passing footage of Flight 93 going down in Pennsylvania...footage that doesn't exist.
In both groups — HSAM subjects and those with normal memories — about 1 in 5 people “remembered” seeing this footage when asked about it later. “It just seemed like something was falling out of the sky,” said one of the HSAM participants. “I was just, you know, kind of stunned by watching it, you know, go down.”
Even HSAM didn't prevent the participants from "remembering" things they'd never witnessed.

People with HSAM performed just as badly as people with normal memory capacity in the subsequent experiment.
Both groups also performed unreliably when shown photographs and fed lures intended to make them think they’d seen details in the pictures they hadn’t. Here too, the HSAM subjects cooked up as many fake images as the ordinary folks.
The ability to recall words is similarly affected.
The scientists showed participants word lists, then removed the lists and tested the subjects on words that had and hadn’t been included. The lists all contained so-called lures — words that would make subjects think of other, related ones. The words pillow, duvet and nap, for example, might lead to a false memory of seeing the word sleep. All of the participants in both groups [HSAM and normal memory] fell for the lures, with at least eight such errors per person—though some tallied as many as 20.
False memories in highly superior autobiographical memory individuals. Lawrence Patihis, Steven J. Frenda, Aurora K. R. LePort, Nicole Petersen, Rebecca M. Nichols, Craig E. L. Stark, James L. McGaugh and Elizabeth F. Loftus. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. December 24, 2013. 110 (52) 20947-20952
JO 753 wrote:Ask sumwun wut color the upolstry in the McDonald'z they ate at a month ago and they will probably not even be willing to bet on their own gess. But suppoze there wuz a Playboy magazine with the sentrfold spred open on the table? They will likely remember that forever and be able to describe many accurate detailz.
It literally doesn't matter whether the event is ordinary or unusual, the human brain will fit the event into its model of the universe, even if it has to shave off the corners to do so.

I remember an incredible amount of detail from the restaurant I ate at one time nearly ten years ago. Both carpet and walls were dark burgundy. The booths had church pews for benches, and the tablecloths were heavy, white linen. The bartender let us sample several different beers each until we found one we liked, and each beer was served in the appropriately shaped glass. The food was served on large, white, oval plates. I had grilled shrimp with pineapple salsa, mac 'n' cheese, and potato fritters, accompanied by a Berlinerweisse. For desert, I had chocolate pot de crème with homemade whipped cream. I wore a black mini-dress with three-quarter sleeves and black high-heeled pumps. However, I can't remember what my ex was wearing, what he ate, or what we discussed.

Going out to dinner...a completely ordinary event. Yet my memories of it are rich and detailed...but I'll bet at least some of them are wrong. (Not the church pews, though; my back was killing me by the end of the meal.)
JO 753 wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:You're failing to take into account all of the following:
• the brain's habit of adding/omitting details in order to fit the event into its model of the universe,
Many UFO sitingz simply do not lend themselvez to this notion.
It's not a "notion." It's established neurology.
JO 753 wrote:Nobody iz going to add a UFO to an otherwize boring day and chase it for owrz across 2 states.
:lol: So, if you saw a UFO, you wouldn't chase it down? Bet you would. Non-believers like me wouldn't, though, based on the reasoning that there's a valid explanation for the sighting and, if it actually is an alien spacecraft, I'll hear about it soon enough without wasting my time.
JO 753 wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:• the witness' heightened emotional state, which negatively affects both observational skills and memory,
Balderdash. Hitend by wut?
By seeing what he presumed to be an alien spacecraft! Sheesh. Are you telling me that if you saw something you believed to be an alien spacecraft, you'd remain calm and unemotional? BS.
JO 753 wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:1. Do you accept both events—ghost and UFO—as factual based on multiple eyewitnesses?
Maybe. All I know now iz that you rote the storyz here to support your argument. Pretty flimzy evidens for me. You coud hav made them up az you rote them.
Well done. You just admitted that eyewitness testimony is insufficient evidence with which to formulate a conclusion. Now, apply that to others' eyewitness testimony of UFOs, keeping in mind the results of the study I posted above.
JO 753 wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:I'll add that, IMO, I didn't see either a ghost or an alien craft. The most reasonable explaneration for the ghost: the locals set us up; they were the ones who suggested the sojourn. The most reasonable explaneration for the UFO: military helicopter from the reserve base in my city, perhaps a Boeing Apache. Note the "filled in horseshoe" shape of the body:
FTFY :)
Actually, YFIUBARFUIR.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Nikki Nyx » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:20 pm

JO 753 wrote:You shoud giv up on the Blue Book claimz. I dont think anybodyz buying it anymore. IIRC, didnt you consede that it wuz a sham, Nikki?
I don't recall conceding that Blue Book was a sham. The conclusions were dismissive. 22 years and more than 20,000 sightings with only 5% remaining "unidentified."
U.S. Air Force wrote:As a result of these investigations and studies and experience gained from investigating UFO reports since 1948, the conclusions of Project BLUE BOOK are:
  1. no UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security;
  2. there has been no evidence submitted to or discovered by the Air Force that sightings categorized as "unidentified" represent technological developments or principles beyond the range of present-day scientific knowledge; and
  3. there has been no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as "unidentified" are extraterrestrial vehicles.
Since Project BLUE BOOK was closed, nothing has happened to indicate that the Air Force ought to resume investigating UFOS.
—January 1985
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Monster
Has More Than 5K Posts
Posts: 5401
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Tarrytown, NY, USA

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Monster » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:01 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:Actually, YFIUBARFUIR.
I can't find that acronym on Urban Dictionary. :(
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Nikki Nyx » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:19 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:When he bothers to shave
...he uses Occam's Razor. :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Image
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Nikki Nyx » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Monster wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:Actually, YFIUBARFUIR.
I can't find that acronym on Urban Dictionary. :(
"You {!#%@} It Up Beyond All Recognition For Utterly Incomprehensible Reasons." :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Posts: 11302
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 pm
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by OlegTheBatty » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:37 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: We are the only "upright" two legged species on the planet Earth.
Ummmm . . .
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 11703
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Lance Kennedy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Just a point about UFO sightings.

They are extraordinarily common. Much more common than witnessing crimes. The thing is that identifying the sighting as an unidentified flying object, or even an alien space ship, is related to the brain of the observer, much more than to the nature of the sighting.

I have personally seen numerous flying objects that could be called unidentified, if I was that kind of person. I have seen Venus and Jupiter shining bright with thin clouds racing past in the high wind, making the planets look like they are moving. Shooting stars. Satellites. Car headlights on clouds. Parachute flares. Planes and helicopters at night with their lights flashing. Even helicopters with search lights. I have seen hoaxes in which balloons are let loose with lights shining. I must have seen at least 20 such things.

The thing is that I see something like that and I carefully think it through and work out what it really is. But like those Icelanders who think they see elves, there are a lot of people who do not WANT to analyse it and derive the truth. They much prefer to believe they have seen an alien space ship.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 28951
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote: "Looking human" is one of the most ridiculous concepts about aliens of all time.
JO 753 wrote: But biolojists go on & on explaining why its such a big advantaj; why we are running this joint.
That's a common error. Our four limbs, head and backbone were "locked in" 400,000,000 years ago because the first fish to walk on land had four find/limbs. On another planet, they may have six legs or twenty somewhere in their evolutionary past and are "locked in" that way.
Jap monster.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
JO 753
Has No Life
Posts: 13234
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:21 pm
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr
Location: BLaNDLaND

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by JO 753 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:57 pm

Funny, Matt. But arent you being a bit insensativ? Even Nyarlethotep haz feelingz. If you want to call everybody hoo duznt look like you a rampajing monster, thered be more than the world coud bear. And arent we really the rampajing monsterz?

Nikki Nyx wrote:But still not "relatively common." And seeing an account of a crime on the news is not witnessing it.
Relativ to wut?
Seriously? Yes, there is. Experiencing something you can't explain actually IS "relatively common." Happens to me all the time. And always with nuance.
You are failing to grasp the consept uv 'extraordinary'.
Which instantly begins to attempt to match your sensory experience to its model of the universe.... It literally doesn't matter whether the event is ordinary or unusual, the human brain will fit the event into its model of the universe, even if it has to shave off the corners to do so...the brain's habit of adding/omitting details in order to fit the event into its model of the universe,
I keep thinking that sum day you, Lance, Matt and a few otherz will finally realize that iz an argument for more alien vizitorz.

And you cant hav it both wayz:
...the witness' heightened emotional state... By seeing what he presumed to be an alien spacecraft! Sheesh.
It's not a "notion." It's established neurology....
Not tokking about witnessez reporting by memory. You dont get to blame faulty memory wen its an in-progress event. You coud try to claim halusination, but thats a very steep hill to clime wen its more than 1 person, they are credible non-LSD imbibing fine upstanding memberz uv law enforsement who hav never befor or sins conspired to concoct a fony UFO event. Portaj County UFO chase
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

KevinLevites
Poster
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:20 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by KevinLevites » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:52 pm

Lance Kennedy wrote:Just a point about UFO sightings.

They are extraordinarily common. Much more common than witnessing crimes. The thing is that identifying the sighting as an unidentified flying object, or even an alien space ship, is related to the brain of the observer, much more than to the nature of the sighting.

I have personally seen numerous flying objects that could be called unidentified, if I was that kind of person. I have seen Venus and Jupiter shining bright with thin clouds racing past in the high wind, making the planets look like they are moving. Shooting stars. Satellites. Car headlights on clouds. Parachute flares. Planes and helicopters at night with their lights flashing. Even helicopters with search lights. I have seen hoaxes in which balloons are let loose with lights shining. I must have seen at least 20 such things.

The thing is that I see something like that and I carefully think it through and work out what it really is. But like those Icelanders who think they see elves, there are a lot of people who do not WANT to analyse it and derive the truth. They much prefer to believe they have seen an alien space ship.
I agree with many of the points in this post.

I, personally, have seen so many UFOs that I wouldn't bother crossing the street to see another.

Part of these UFO sightings were from spotlights from used car lots projecting against low-hanging clouds. Other sightings were from ball lighting. On one occasion, a drunk idiot attached a sparkly disco ball to a large drone. I thought I was seeing an alien spaceship for a few moments until I heard "YMCA" (by the Village People) from a noisy party in the distance...celebrating recent legal decisions regarding gay marriage.

And so on.

I'm intensely skeptical that we've been visited by aliens. My earlier post about humans from the distant future was just me taking an idea out and playing with it.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 11703
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Lance Kennedy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:47 am

Kevin

Thanks for that. So much for UFO sightings being rare !

No

Your Portage incident is consistent with a helicopter with a searchlight, and a little too much imagination on the part of those who chased it.

If you approach every strange sighting, whether flying saucer or witch, demon, Angel or monster, as probably influenced by the human brain playing tricks, then the mystery disappears.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4907
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:14 pm

[The transmission] occurred on 26 Nov 77 at 5:12 p.m. when a strange unknown voice overrode, took over, or super-modulated the TV signals from five transmitters that were monitored by the Independent Broadcasting Authority (IBA) in England. IBA did not detect the intrusion. The 5+1/2-minute message overrode a scheduled newscast read by Ivor Mills on Southern ITV, England, and was heard by listeners as far away as Andover, London, Newbury, Oxford, Reading, Southhampton, and Winchester.
IBA engineers at Croydon, Surry did not hear the override, and at the main transmitter at Southhampton, Hants monitoring system, there was also no evidence of the takeover. A police spokesman told AP and UPI that the message was taken seriously:
"They were frightened and generally scared."
The voice spoke slowly and deliberately, with a strange inward authority, calm, serene, never scolding.------------- It said:
"This is the voice of Gramaha, the Representative of the Asta (Ashtar in some texts) Galactic Command speaking to you.

For many years now you have seen us as lights in the skies. We speak to you now in peace and wisdom as we have done to your brothers and sisters all over this, your planet earth. We come to warn you of the destiny of your race and your worlds so that you may communicate to your fellow beings the course you must take to avoid the disasters which threaten your worlds and the beings on our worlds around you.

This is in order that you may share in the great awakening, as the planet passes into the New Age of Aquarius. The new age can be a time of great peace and evolution for your race, but only if your rulers are made aware of the evil forces that can overshadow their judgments.

Be still now and listen, for your chance may not come again. For many years your scientists, governments and generals have not heeded our warnings; they have continued to experiment with the evil forces of what you call nuclear energy. Atomic bombs can destroy the earth and the beings of your sister worlds, in a moment.

The wastes from atomic power systems will poison your planet for many thousands of your years to come. We, who have followed the path of evolution for far longer than you, have long since realized this -- that atomic energy is always directed against life. It has no peaceful application. Its use, and research into its use, must be ceased at once, or you all risk destruction. All weapons of evil must be removed.

The time of conflict is now past and the race of which you are a part may proceed to the highest planes of evolution if you show yourselves worthy to do this.

You have but a short time to learn to live together in peace and goodwill. Small groups all over the planet are learning this, and exist to pass on the light of the dawning new age to you all. You are free to accept or reject their teachings, but only those who learn to live in peace will pass to the higher realms of spiritual evolution.

Hear now the voice of Gramaha, the representative of the Asta (Ashtar in some texts) Galactic Command speaking to you. Be aware also that there are many false prophets and guides operating on your world. They will suck your energy from you -- the energy you call money and will put it to evil ends giving you worthless dross in return.

Your inner divine self will protect you from this. You must learn to be sensitive to the voice within, that can tell you what is truth, and what is confusion, chaos and untruth. Learn to listen to the voice of truth which is within you, and you will lead yourselves on to the path of evolution.
This is our message to you our dear friends. We have watched you growing for many years as you too have watched our lights in your skies. You know that we are here, and that there are more beings on and around your earth than your scientists admit. We are deeply concerned about you and your path towards the light, and will do all we can to help you.
Have no fears, seek only to know yourselves and live in harmony with the ways of your planet earth. We of the Asta Galactic Command thank you for your attention. We are now leaving the planes of your existence.
May you be blessed by the supreme love and truth of the Cosmos."
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 11703
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Lance Kennedy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:12 pm

Amazing, gorgeous. You are incredibly gullible. Duh !

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4907
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:37 pm

it happened...was real...no explanation ever given...the t.v. station said it was a hoax with no evidence and no culprit...got criticized for not even considering it might be real...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Aztexan
King of the Limericks
King of the Limericks
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Aztexan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:09 pm

Aliens have English accents?
trump is Putin's bitch

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4907
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:16 pm

why not some? ...maybe just trying to fit in... New survey shows nearly half of Americans believe in aliens | HuffPost



https://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../new- ... cans-belie...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 11703
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Lance Kennedy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:33 pm

Occam's Razor.

1. Aliens talk on radio.
2. A hoax.

The simplest explanation ? Duh !

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4907
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:34 pm

very scientific of you...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 11703
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Lance Kennedy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:50 pm

This is no different to crop circles. Done by hoaxers. Anyone who believes that such simple hoaxes are evidence of aliens is seriously deficient in grey matter.

User avatar
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4907
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by gorgeous » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:01 pm

how ignorant...scientists have no answer for crop circles...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 32219
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Gord » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:53 pm

Aztexan wrote:Aliens have English accents?
Or Mexican.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

User avatar
Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Posts: 11703
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:20 pm
Custom Title: Super Skeptic
Location: Paradise, New Zealand

Re: World governments unify to hide aliens? How?

Post by Lance Kennedy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:55 pm

Gorgeous

The makers of crop circles have confessed, and demonstrated on TV how they did it. Only a total idiot still believes it was aliens.