Defending Reincarnation

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27746
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:13 pm

Confidencia wrote:You may refuse it, but it smacks you in the face everytime you claim to be something that you are not , such as "I am" "human".
Humans go to human doctors as we are a specific species with human disorders. Are you saying you aren't fussy and go to the vet. :lol:

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30478
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby Gord » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:38 am

Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:If there's a difference, I refuse to do all dual duels.

You may refuse it, but it smacks you in the face everytime you claim to be something that you are not , such as "I am" "human". There is the "I am" (which btw is all that you can be sure of) then there's is the "human". (which to all intent and purpose is only an idea and no more valid or significant than the idea of god).

Your response has nothing to do with my statement.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby Confidencia » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:If there's a difference, I refuse to do all dual duels.

You may refuse it, but it smacks you in the face everytime you claim to be something that you are not , such as "I am" "human". There is the "I am" (which btw is all that you can be sure of) then there's is the "human". (which to all intent and purpose is only an idea and no more valid or significant than the idea of god).

Your response has nothing to do with my statement.


That's because you want nothing to do with it. Such is the nature of the mind. It is afraid of enquiry.

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby Confidencia » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:12 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Confidencia wrote:You may refuse it, but it smacks you in the face everytime you claim to be something that you are not , such as "I am" "human".
Humans go to human doctors as we are a specific species with human disorders. Are you saying you aren't fussy and go to the vet. :lol:


A man of intelligence investigates throughly, he does not go by conventional ruling, accept book talk or hearsay as truth.

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby Confidencia » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:19 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:If there's a difference, I refuse to do all dual duels.


You may refuse it, but it smacks you in the face everytime you claim to be something that you are not , such as "I am" "human". There is the "I am" (which btw is all that you can be sure of) then there's is the "human". (which to all intent and purpose is only an idea and no more valid or significant than the idea of god).



Don`t we define a species, including being a human, by the capability to procreate with other members of the species? So are you trying to claim that gods are out there having sex? You may be on to something there, since there are so many gods about. Indeed, I just learned of another god yesterday.


I'm not claim anything, just telling you its is not what you think. But you can have as many gods as you like, they are your inventions.

We had guests a few days ago, and the wife later spoke with my wife by phone - commenting that she was worried that the `god of refrigerators` would be upset that we have magnets that hold notes on the front of our refrigerator - which will block this god from communicating with the other gods in our house. I presume these magnets would prevent them fornicating with those other gods too. First I knew.


We can dream up all sorts of scenarios for our entertainment, it is fun.

And no {!#%@}, I am not making this up. Next time I buy a refrigerator, I`ll ask for one without a god. And, we will keep those magnets in place - just in case, and not wanting any refrigerator/doorway hybrid little gods running about.


Just get an Akita to guard, they are very intelligent animals. Just be careful, they are known to open fridge doors an help themselves to meaty snacks.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1073
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby Cadmusteeth » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:47 pm

The irony is almost blinding.

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8619
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby TJrandom » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:54 pm

Confidencia wrote:... We can dream up all sorts of scenarios for our entertainment, it is fun. ...


Indeed, as you obviously do.

But an Akita? Again, I think I will pass – not wanting to set up another sequence of dog amulets reincarnating themselves.

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby Confidencia » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:05 pm

TJrandom wrote:
Confidencia wrote:... We can dream up all sorts of scenarios for our entertainment, it is fun. ...


Indeed, as you obviously do.


We all do, the only difference is some of us know it and others do not.

But an Akita? Again, I think I will pass – not wanting to set up another sequence of dog amulets reincarnating themselves.


Don't concern yourself with religion and you will be ok. Scriptures and religious doctrine are best left to the hypocrites and ignorant masses.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 27746
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Confidencia wrote:Fundamentally words do not convey facts.
Confidencia wrote:Don't concern yourself with religion and you will be ok. Scriptures and religious doctrine are best left to the hypocrites and ignorant masses.


Confidencia tell skeptics ......the facts. :lol:

User avatar
Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Posts: 30478
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:44 am
Custom Title: Silent Ork
Location: Transcona

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby Gord » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 am

Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:If there's a difference, I refuse to do all dual duels.

You may refuse it, but it smacks you in the face everytime you claim to be something that you are not , such as "I am" "human". There is the "I am" (which btw is all that you can be sure of) then there's is the "human". (which to all intent and purpose is only an idea and no more valid or significant than the idea of god).

Your response has nothing to do with my statement.

That's because you want nothing to do with it. Such is the nature of the mind. It is afraid of enquiry.

No, it's because your response had nothing to do with my statement. Your failure to realise that has no connection to the nature of my mind.

Your ideas are truly baffled. The person who keeps claiming "there is no I" seems intent on blaming others. But are there "others" or aren't there, Conf? And if there is no "I", then aren't you one with the "others" you're blaming?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby Nikki Nyx » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:03 pm

TJrandom wrote:Indeed, I just learned of another god yesterday.

We had guests a few days ago, and the wife later spoke with my wife by phone - commenting that she was worried that the `god of refrigerators` would be upset that we have magnets that hold notes on the front of our refrigerator - which will block this god from communicating with the other gods in our house. I presume these magnets would prevent them fornicating with those other gods too. First I knew.

And no {!#%@}, I am not making this up. Next time I buy a refrigerator, I`ll ask for one without a god. And, we will keep those magnets in place - just in case, and not wanting any refrigerator/doorway hybrid little gods running about.
So, magnets are the equivalent of god gags? That explains why the bible hasn't been updated in millennia. :mrgreen:

You could experiment: if you chanced to possess both refrigerator and deep freezer, and removed the magnets from both, you might end up with a quite nice beer cooler. :P
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

User avatar
TJrandom
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8619
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55 am
Location: Pacific coast outside of Tokyo bay.
Contact:

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby TJrandom » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:41 am

To be honest - I don`t know if it is the magnet that is a god gag, the paper notes they hold, or the words on the paper. It is all very confusing to me - but I dare not ask this woman to explain. Who knows what else she might comment on... For all I know there could be hundreds of little god thingies running about our home. I`d rather not know.

I was aware of one in our attic - way up there in the middle of the peak/ridgeline. It was put there by a priest when the house was built, and isn`t to be moved except by a priest just prior to the house being demolished at some future date. Plus we have a couple in our yard/garden, but they don`t seem to require any attention. Then there was one attached to a well, but when the well was filled in, a priest came to retrieve it - or so a neighbor lady has told us.

I do wish we didn`t have so many running about, but what to do about it… I might need another god to put them all in their place.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3159
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby Nikki Nyx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:45 pm

TJrandom wrote:I do wish we didn`t have so many running about, but what to do about it… I might need another god to put them all in their place.
If I'm not mistaken, Zeus is currently unemployed. :mrgreen:
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

Confidencia
BANNED
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby Confidencia » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:21 pm

Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Gord wrote:If there's a difference, I refuse to do all dual duels.

You may refuse it, but it smacks you in the face everytime you claim to be something that you are not , such as "I am" "human". There is the "I am" (which btw is all that you can be sure of) then there's is the "human". (which to all intent and purpose is only an idea and no more valid or significant than the idea of god).

Your response has nothing to do with my statement.

That's because you want nothing to do with it. Such is the nature of the mind. It is afraid of enquiry.

No, it's because your response had nothing to do with my statement. Your failure to realise that has no connection to the nature of my mind.


So you keep saying. Nature is in the mind you are connected whether you like it or not. You fail to realise this fact.

Your ideas are truly baffled. The person who keeps claiming "there is no I" seems intent on blaming others. But are there "others" or aren't there, Conf? And if there is no "I", then aren't you one with the "others" you're blaming?


They are not my ideas they are yours. It is your mind that is baffled, this you do not recognise also. All is one. There is no I and there is no one to blame. This is just your interpretation of how you see things in your own mind. Remember gord you are seeing the world through your imagination.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Posts: 9001
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: Defending Reincarnation

Postby Poodle » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:36 pm

All is one. Therefore you, Confy, must think you're a bit of a tosspot, too. Is that how it works?


Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest