What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:30 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Duality in consciousness is not an argument it is a fact. Just examine yourself a little more closely. You are contradicting yourself all the time. What you say today you unsay tomorrow.
That's called "changing your mind" which lots of people do when they learn new information. It doesn't prove "duality in consciousness" any more than being torn among three choices proves "trinity in consciousness."
No. But the idea of a mind does. In reality it does not exist.
You express yourself inadequately here. Your "no, but" implies that you agree with my statement. You fail to explain how the "idea of a mind" proves "duality in consciousness." And in your last sentence, "it" is a pronoun with no referent unless an intuited connection with the previous sentence is made.


I do not agree with you for the simple reason you do not even know what you are saying yourself.
You are being to pedantic and your involvement with semantics is unnecessary. Truth is plain and simple it need not be complicated by words. In fact if you need words to understand truth then you are still an infant. The consciousness that was with you as an infant is the same consciousness that is with you now. When you were an infant did you know about the mind? Did you have any idea about yourself ? The person you take to be yourself now was it there when you were a child? All this has been imposed upon you by the society starting from your parents. In the beginning consciousness is pure, in the end it is pure the problem is only in the middle where it becomes contaminate by the imagination. All of a sudden you have an idea about yourself. What you are, how you should be, what you should do. All this was not there in the early stages of infancy. This is what duality refers to, what you are in reality verses what you want to be in the dream. The society mould you into an expandable container. As a result the real you is suppressed deep whilst the false you is at the forefront.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:The person is never the subject, the subject cannot be an object in the consciousness. You see the mirror and the image in the mirror in your mind.
"The person is never the subject." By that logic, as the observer, I can't observe anyone at all.
Yet you do all the same.
Another contradiction.


There is no contradiction. Do you even know what the person is? It is a figment of your imagination. It is only as real as your mind is.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Absolutely! A thought is a material thing.
Really? Well, then. How much does your memory of your 10th birthday weigh? What color is your opinion on paper books versus ebooks? Describe in single words the smells of the thoughts that come to your mind...about your mother.
Since there is no emotional overtone to the memory of my tenth birthday it means absolutely nothing to me. It does not weigh on me in the slightest. And light is the colourless factor in every colour, I only deal with the fact. I'm not much interested in opinions, my own or those of the others. In regards to my mother it was sex. As I stood between her legs as she brushed my hair as a child I could smell sex.
While a psychiatrist would have a field day with that last admission, none of your responses answer the question. You said that "a thought is a material thing." Describe it. What is its mass, size, shape, color, and smell? Does it make a sound?


Thought are subtle objects, they have no mass, shape, colour or smell of their own, although some might perceive them this way, it all depends on your level of sensitivity. Thoughts are contained in the memory, memory is also material it wears out and fades over time.


Confidencia wrote:My point was merely to make you aware that the brain takes care of its body, the body basically functions by itself without any intervention from you.


1. Now you're doing it...separating the body from "me."


You are not the body nor are you the mind.

2. The body absolutely requires my active intervention. If I fail to provide the body with adequate nutrition, it will cease to function.


Exactly that's why it does not relie on you for its sustenance the body takes care of itself via brain consciousness.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Thinking about that which you have not directly observed is the minds default mode of thought, it is called the imagination. You need no special ability it is what the mind does naturally. An infant is doing this all the while it plays. Reality is not a product of the mind, it cannot be imagined. It has nothing to do with what you like or rather what you don't like. It is what it is. The witness is neither fair or biased it sees what it sees, end of.
This neatly contradicts what you said previously: No consciousness, no world. Now here, you say reality is not a product of the mind. You can't have it both ways.
There is no contradiction. It is your mind that projects a world. This world and its projector is contained in the consciousness hence the reason why you cannot have a world without consciousness.
Again, this is just solipsism...not a new idea.


Solipsism is just another word the ignorant use to explain something they do not understand .


Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Have you any proof that the world ticks along fine when you are asleep? What continues is the mental process. The world stops when brain consciousness is suspended and starts when it resumes. It is your memory that give you the illusion of continuity there is no continuation in existence, each moment is new and ever fresh.
And, yes, actually, I do have proof. My weird ex-BF took a couple of photos of me while I was fast asleep. Had the world stopped, he wouldn't have been able to do so.
This scenario has already been memorised in the consciousness in an untold number of combinations. You dream that you go to sleep, you dream that you are awake. You body merely reacts to impact, you cannot say a reflex whether mental or physical is proof that you are actually fully awake. You largely operate below the threshold of consciousness. As I've said earlier it is your memory giving you the illusion of continuation and repitition creates the idea of time.
A memorized scenario? From where did I learn it in sufficient repetition to memorize it?


Not where, how-It was done over time.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:The body and the world appear at the same time.
If the world didn't exist before you were born, where were your parents?
They existed as a potential in consciousness as does everything else.
If they were merely potential, how did they manage to conceive you?
They didn't, I conceived them.
That must have been awkward in the maternity ward. So, you're denying all physical existence?


I do not deny physical existence , I just don't equate it with reality.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:You and you alone can verify everything I've said here. The question is are you interested enough. Without interest nothing can be done.
Is curious the same thing as interested?
Yes.
Every time my curiosity is tickled, you jump off a cliff and say something eminently silly, like your parents didn't conceive you; you conceived them. If you deny the physical realm of existence, then I'm uninterested.


There is nothing silly in what I say, take your birth for instance logic and experience contradict it. And as I've already said I do not deny the realms of physical existence I just don't equate it with reality.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:45 am

Confidencia wrote:I do not agree with you for the simple reason you do not even know what you are saying yourself.
I always know exactly what I'm saying. You're free to agree or disagree; it won't change my viewpoint in the least.
Confidencia wrote:You are being to pedantic and your involvement with semantics is unnecessary.
My involvement with semantics? LOL. Do you read the stuff you write?
Confidencia wrote:Truth is plain and simple it need not be complicated by words.
Yet you've used thousands, many of them contradictory, to attempt to elucidate this alleged truth.
Confidencia wrote:In fact if you need words to understand truth then you are still an infant.
Your logic doesn't parse. Infants don't have words, therefore I am not one.
Confidencia wrote:The consciousness that was with you as an infant is the same consciousness that is with you now. When you were an infant did you know about the mind? Did you have any idea about yourself ? The person you take to be yourself now was it there when you were a child? All this has been imposed upon you by the society starting from your parents. In the beginning consciousness is pure, in the end it is pure the problem is only in the middle where it becomes contaminate by the imagination. All of a sudden you have an idea about yourself. What you are, how you should be, what you should do. All this was not there in the early stages of infancy. This is what duality refers to, what you are in reality verses what you want to be in the dream. The society mould you into an expandable container. As a result the real you is suppressed deep whilst the false you is at the forefront.
Consciousness consists of transmissions of quantum energy. “Quantum” means an ennobling of the ancient. The goal of meridians is to plant the seeds of joy rather than yearning. Discontinuity is the antithesis of intuition. How should you navigate this archetypal dreamtime? The infinite is calling to you via sub-atomic particles. Can you hear it? Lifeform, look within and unify yourself.
Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Absolutely! A thought is a material thing.
Really? Well, then. How much does your memory of your 10th birthday weigh? What color is your opinion on paper books versus ebooks? Describe in single words the smells of the thoughts that come to your mind...about your mother.
Since there is no emotional overtone to the memory of my tenth birthday it means absolutely nothing to me. It does not weigh on me in the slightest. And light is the colourless factor in every colour, I only deal with the fact. I'm not much interested in opinions, my own or those of the others. In regards to my mother it was sex. As I stood between her legs as she brushed my hair as a child I could smell sex.
While a psychiatrist would have a field day with that last admission, none of your responses answer the question. You said that "a thought is a material thing." Describe it. What is its mass, size, shape, color, and smell? Does it make a sound?
Thought are subtle objects, they have no mass, shape, colour or smell of their own, although some might perceive them this way, it all depends on your level of sensitivity. Thoughts are contained in the memory, memory is also material it wears out and fades over time.
Subtle or not, if thoughts are material things, as you allege, then you should be able to describe their physical characteristics and properties.
Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:2. The body absolutely requires my active intervention. If I fail to provide the body with adequate nutrition, it will cease to function.
Exactly that's why it does not relie on you for its sustenance the body takes care of itself via brain consciousness.
You're silly.
Confidencia wrote:Solipsism is just another word the ignorant use to explain something they do not understand .
Sillier.
Confidencia wrote:I do not deny physical existence , I just don't equate it with reality.
Silliest.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:11 am

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I do not agree with you for the simple reason you do not even know what you are saying yourself.
I always know exactly what I'm saying. You're free to agree or disagree; it won't change my viewpoint in the least.


That's what you think, it is not what you know. Thinking is not knowing. A mind that thinks it knows knows nothing at all.


Confidencia wrote:You are being to pedantic and your involvement with semantics is unnecessary.
My involvement with semantics? LOL. Do you read the stuff you write?


The problem here is the standpoint. Whilst I am aware that I am conscious you are only conscious of your thoughts and feelings. Whilst I see the complete picture you only see a part of it. Whilst I use words as far as they are useful you entangle yourself in their relative meanings. Whilst I see the world as it is. You imagine it to be something else. Whilst I know I was not born and do not associate my body with my being. You believe the body is what you are in both substance and essence. Whilst I deny all that exists to reality you mistake appearances for reality.

Confidencia wrote:Truth is plain and simple it need not be complicated by words.
Yet you've used thousands, many of them contradictory, to attempt to elucidate this alleged truth.


Reality is indescribable it cannot be put into words, words cannot reach. There is no truth in words. Truth is an absolute fact not a relative condition in consciousness. Your personal views based on your likes and dislikes distort and contort. Get your body based ideas out of the way and you will see it as plain as day.

Confidencia wrote:In fact if you need words to understand truth then you are still an infant.
Your logic doesn't parse. Infants don't have words, therefore I am not one.


Exactly my point. They are imposed. So before the child can get to know his real being he is given a false sense of self based on desires, fears and greed.


Confidencia wrote:The consciousness that was with you as an infant is the same consciousness that is with you now. When you were an infant did you know about the mind? Did you have any idea about yourself ? The person you take to be yourself now was it there when you were a child? All this has been imposed upon you by the society starting from your parents. In the beginning consciousness is pure, in the end it is pure the problem is only in the middle where it becomes contaminate by the imagination. All of a sudden you have an idea about yourself. What you are, how you should be, what you should do. All this was not there in the early stages of infancy. This is what duality refers to, what you are in reality verses what you want to be in the dream. The society mould you into an expandable container. As a result the real you is suppressed deep whilst the false you is at the forefront.
Consciousness consists of transmissions of quantum energy. “Quantum” means an ennobling of the ancient. The goal of meridians is to plant the seeds of joy rather than yearning. Discontinuity is the antithesis of intuition. How should you navigate this archetypal dreamtime? The infinite is calling to you via sub-atomic particles. Can you hear it? Lifeform, look within and unify yourself.


Are you aware that your waking state is one of ignorance? Quantum can mean anything you like, it is all relative to the absolute fact of reality. If you are really looking within you would realise that your emptiness is actually your fullness and stop filling it with garbage given to you by the others.



Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Absolutely! A thought is a material thing.
Really? Well, then. How much does your memory of your 10th birthday weigh? What color is your opinion on paper books versus ebooks? Describe in single words the smells of the thoughts that come to your mind...about your mother.
Since there is no emotional overtone to the memory of my tenth birthday it means absolutely nothing to me. It does not weigh on me in the slightest. And light is the colourless factor in every colour, I only deal with the fact. I'm not much interested in opinions, my own or those of the others. In regards to my mother it was sex. As I stood between her legs as she brushed my hair as a child I could smell sex.
While a psychiatrist would have a field day with that last admission, none of your responses answer the question. You said that "a thought is a material thing." Describe it. What is its mass, size, shape, color, and smell? Does it make a sound?
Thought are subtle objects, they have no mass, shape, colour or smell of their own, although some might perceive them this way, it all depends on your level of sensitivity. Thoughts are contained in the memory, memory is also material it wears out and fades over time.
Subtle or not, if thoughts are material things, as you allege, then you should be able to describe their physical characteristics and properties.


The word subtle is a good enough description for me, I need not have to go into extraneous detail that is in any case purely imaginary. A thought is a thought, its properties are irrelevant since they can be as light as a feather or as heavy as a ton of brick, they can set you down gently or knock you for six. If somebody came to you with bad news of your mothers demise, the weight of those few words would literally crush your being.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:2. The body absolutely requires my active intervention. If I fail to provide the body with adequate nutrition, it will cease to function.
Exactly that's why it does not relie on you for its sustenance the body takes care of itself via brain consciousness.
You're silly.


And you are ignorant of your own ignorance.

Confidencia wrote:Solipsism is just another word the ignorant use to explain something they do not understand .
Sillier.


You can have it anyhow you like.



Confidencia wrote:I do not deny physical existence , I just don't equate it with reality.
Silliest.


What appears and disappears has no reality of its own, only the one who is looking can be said to be real.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:50 am

Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I am aware of my body as I am aware of my consciousness in which it is contained.

So far so good.

Confidencia wrote:Consciousness is all inclusive fully comprehensive, so large is its scope it includes all and contains everything.

Consciousness doesn't include anything; it is the state of being aware. What do you mean it's "all inclusive"?

I mean it includes all things pertaining to matter. What do you know beyond matter? Awareness stands alone it does not need the support of consciousness.

That's nonsense; "the state of being aware" is the definition of "consciousness". Awareness doesn't need the support of consciousness because they are synonyms.


In a way you are right but fundamentally you misunderstand. Awareness is not a state of something else all states are in consciousness they are levels in consciousness. Consciousness is a sort of awareness but ultimately it's based on memory. In consciousness you are reacting to an impact. Reflex whether mental or physical does not denote how wakeful you are, it just means your body is alert. If you cannot see the obvious then you are not fully aware.

Confidencia wrote:Space is in me, time is in me, nothing exists without me being there first to validate it. The fact that I am consciousness and all else is seen within the scope of my consciousness is evidence enough. There is nothing outside of consciousness you only imagine it to be so.

You mean you exist in space and time? That's correct, but those things aren't "in" you. And you aren't consciousness, you are conscious.

That is what you have been told. Use your intelligence and work it out for yourself by thinking for yourself. You will find that the self conscious and the unconscious are attributes of consciousness. I am not conscious I am aware that I am conscious there is a difference, besides there's no such thing as being conscious of awareness which is what you imply. As a person you are conscious of your thoughts and feelings but you are not aware that you are conscious. And if we were in time it would not be relative to one another, it would run concurrently. Which is obviously not the case when vast distances are taken into consideration .

Yes, you are conscious of being conscious. That doesn't mean that you are consciousness. You can have consciousness, is that what you mean?


I think the problem here, as it often is with nutjobs like you, is that you're trying to make words mean something else than what the rest of the world thinks they mean. Let's start with you defining the following words:
conscious
consciousness
aware
awareness


You are right when you say "I think the problem here". As with most of you that seems to be a big problem. Were your thoughts and feelings intergrated and on the same level there would not be a problem. You have been taught to think in a particular modality that is so engrained it has blinkered you and created a divide between consciousness as in the "conscious" and the "unconscious". You are conforming to a particular mode of thought as you do with you patterns of behaviour. Being conscious is a mental state. If you are in full awareness and look closely at your consciousness you will see that there are gaps, find out what you are in the gaps and you will have a better understanding of consciousness and the matrix that contains it. Awareness is not a mental state. In that respect you can define consciousness but not awareness.
Last edited by Confidencia on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:I am aware of my body as I am aware of my consciousness in which it is contained.
Caught you. Now, how did that go? "Your language is wiser than you are." I think that was it.


You have caught nothing but your own misunderstanding.

Nope. You talked about your body as a subject, separate from "you."


I am is the subject making reference to the object which can be anything that stands before the I am or the me if you like. I have nothing against the structure of your language only with the fact that it distorts reality. For me language is nothing but a means of communication. It cannot be use to describe what I am in reality only in terms of negation.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Confidencia wrote:Whilst I am aware that I am conscious you are only conscious of your thoughts and feelings. Whilst I see the complete picture you only see a part of it. Whilst I use words as far as they are useful you entangle yourself in their relative meanings. Whilst I see the world as it is. You imagine it to be something else. Whilst I know I was not born and do not associate my body with my being. You believe the body is what you are in both substance and essence. Whilst I deny all that exists to reality you mistake appearances for reality.
LMAO! You don't have a clue as to how or what I think.

Confidencia wrote:Reality is indescribable it cannot be put into words, words cannot reach. There is no truth in words. Truth is an absolute fact not a relative condition in consciousness. Your personal views based on your likes and dislikes distort and contort. Get your body based ideas out of the way and you will see it as plain as day.
New age nonsense. I'm perfectly capable of describing my reality in words, though I wouldn't describe other people's; that's their job.

Confidencia wrote:
Are you aware that your waking state is one of ignorance? Quantum can mean anything you like, it is all relative to the absolute fact of reality. If you are really looking within you would realise that your emptiness is actually your fullness and stop filling it with garbage given to you by the others.
Are you aware that that was a quote from the New Age Bull-Shit Generator, not a statement original to me, or one with which I agree? Your response is about as meaningless as the quote. And "quantum" has a specific definition.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Absolutely! A thought is a material thing.
Describe it. What is its mass, size, shape, color, and smell? Does it make a sound?
The word subtle is a good enough description for me, I need not have to go into extraneous detail that is in any case purely imaginary. A thought is a thought, its properties are irrelevant since they can be as light as a feather or as heavy as a ton of brick, they can set you down gently or knock you for six. If somebody came to you with bad news of your mothers demise, the weight of those few words would literally crush your being.
You still haven't proven that a thought is a material thing. My mother has already passed, and it did not "crush my being," literally or otherwise. But that's a long and quite personal story that's, frankly, not your business.

Confidencia wrote:What appears and disappears has no reality of its own, only the one who is looking can be said to be real.
"Can be said?" So words do have some value after all. You're a bundle of contradictions. Perhaps you should consolidate your philosophy before attempting to discuss it.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Whilst I am aware that I am conscious you are only conscious of your thoughts and feelings. Whilst I see the complete picture you only see a part of it. Whilst I use words as far as they are useful you entangle yourself in their relative meanings. Whilst I see the world as it is. You imagine it to be something else. Whilst I know I was not born and do not associate my body with my being. You believe the body is what you are in both substance and essence. Whilst I deny all that exists to reality you mistake appearances for reality.
LMAO! You don't have a clue as to how or what I think.


There's two ways of thinking: in the box, which pertains to I am the body idea. Out of the box: which pertains to I am not the body idea. The fact that you haven't a clue what I'm expounding implies you are in the box. And you are right, I haven't a clue what you are thinking. We think because of that which cannot be thought about. Nevertheless in the box is in the box, general and mediocre.

Confidencia wrote:Reality is indescribable it cannot be put into words, words cannot reach. There is no truth in words. Truth is an absolute fact not a relative condition in consciousness. Your personal views based on your likes and dislikes distort and contort. Get your body based ideas out of the way and you will see it as plain as day.
New age nonsense. I'm perfectly capable of describing my reality in words, though I wouldn't describe other people's; that's their job.


You mean your personal dream world, it has nothing to do with reality. It will be over in a flash.

Confidencia wrote:
Are you aware that your waking state is one of ignorance? Quantum can mean anything you like, it is all relative to the absolute fact of reality. If you are really looking within you would realise that your emptiness is actually your fullness and stop filling it with garbage given to you by the others.

Are you aware that that was a quote from the New Age Bull-Shit Generator, not a statement original to me, or one with which I agree? Your response is about as meaningless as the quote. And "quantum" has a specific definition.


It could be a quote from the adventures of Mickey Mouse, still it's a valid quote from whom ever, wherever. and for all times. Only you need to be awake to understand its ramifications.


Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Absolutely! A thought is a material thing.
Describe it. What is its mass, size, shape, color, and smell? Does it make a sound?
The word subtle is a good enough description for me, I need not have to go into extraneous detail that is in any case purely imaginary. A thought is a thought, its properties are irrelevant since they can be as light as a feather or as heavy as a ton of brick, they can set you down gently or knock you for six. If somebody came to you with bad news of your mothers demise, the weight of those few words would literally crush your being.
You still haven't proven that a thought is a material thing. My mother has already passed, and it did not "crush my being," literally or otherwise. But that's a long and quite personal story that's, frankly, not your business.


It was an exemplary statement, not for personal consumption. Besides it is all relative to the absolute, your mother may not have meant much to you but if you had a child taken from you you would understand what I'm saying. Your level of compassion does not speak for all people.

Confidencia wrote:What appears and disappears has no reality of its own, only the one who is looking can be said to be real.
"Can be said?" So words do have some value after all. You're a bundle of contradictions. Perhaps you should consolidate your philosophy before attempting to discuss it.


There is no contradiction where duality is not seen. You do not even see your seeing, therefore fail to recognise your present state. Whatever I say you will conceptualise philosophise , idealise and imagine. Unless you experience what I say it will be so. Absolutes are not to be discussed they must be experienced. Words are there to serve as pointers they cannot convey truth. Hence the reason they are useful up to a certain point, then they must be dropped if truth is what you seek.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:01 pm

Confidencia wrote:There's two ways of thinking: in the box, which pertains to I am the body idea. Out of the box: which pertains to I am not the body idea. The fact that you haven't a clue what I'm expounding implies you are in the box. And you are right, I haven't a clue what you are thinking. We think because of that which cannot be thought about. Nevertheless in the box is in the box, general and mediocre.
There are many ways of thinking:
• linear - thoughts in a row, one leading to the next based on logic
• parallel - multiple streams of simultaneous thought
• creative - varying branches of thought from a common center, for problem solving
• intuitive - a leap to a conclusion, based on instinct
• circular - an ouroboros of thoughts, leading nowhere
• schizoid - multiple unrelated thoughts, leading nowhere

Actually, it implies that you're a poor writer. My reading comprehension is excellent.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Reality is indescribable it cannot be put into words, words cannot reach. There is no truth in words. Truth is an absolute fact not a relative condition in consciousness.
New age nonsense. I'm perfectly capable of describing my reality in words, though I wouldn't describe other people's; that's their job.
You mean your personal dream world, it has nothing to do with reality. It will be over in a flash.
My writing skills are excellent too. I meant exactly what I wrote.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:If somebody came to you with bad news of your mothers demise, the weight of those few words would literally crush your being.
You still haven't proven that a thought is a material thing. My mother has already passed, and it did not "crush my being," literally or otherwise. But that's a long and quite personal story that's, frankly, not your business.
It was an exemplary statement, not for personal consumption. Besides it is all relative to the absolute, your mother may not have meant much to you but if you had a child taken from you you would understand what I'm saying. Your level of compassion does not speak for all people.
Bull-shit. Your statement was personal to me, not exemplary. As for the rest of your comment, you are making assumptions based on nothing at all. You don't know me, my mother, the relationship we had, my level of compassion, or the circumstances of her illness and death. Nor do you know whether I have lost a child or not. For someone who claims to be a higher thinker, your thought process contains numerous logical lacunae.

Confidencia wrote:There is no contradiction where duality is not seen. You do not even see your seeing, therefore fail to recognise your present state. Whatever I say you will conceptualise philosophise , idealise and imagine. Unless you experience what I say it will be so. Absolutes are not to be discussed they must be experienced. Words are there to serve as pointers they cannot convey truth. Hence the reason they are useful up to a certain point, then they must be dropped if truth is what you seek.
Keep shoveling; my gardens need fertilizer.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 971
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Cadmusteeth » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:08 am

Sometimes people really wear me out. This instance for example.

User avatar
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4854
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Austin Harper » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:57 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:I think the problem here, as it often is with nutjobs like you, is that you're trying to make words mean something else than what the rest of the world thinks they mean. Let's start with you defining the following words:
conscious
consciousness
aware
awareness

You are right when you say "I think the problem here". As with most of you that seems to be a big problem. Were your thoughts and feelings intergrated and on the same level there would not be a problem. You have been taught to think in a particular modality that is so engrained it has blinkered you and created a divide between consciousness as in the "conscious" and the "unconscious". You are conforming to a particular mode of thought as you do with you patterns of behaviour. Being conscious is a mental state. If you are in full awareness and look closely at your consciousness you will see that there are gaps, find out what you are in the gaps and you will have a better understanding of consciousness and the matrix that contains it. Awareness is not a mental state. In that respect you can define consciousness but not awareness.

Well you defined one word and then said what one other word isn't, sort of. Take another stab at it. Define the words above.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:There's two ways of thinking: in the box, which pertains to I am the body idea. Out of the box: which pertains to I am not the body idea. The fact that you haven't a clue what I'm expounding implies you are in the box. And you are right, I haven't a clue what you are thinking. We think because of that which cannot be thought about. Nevertheless in the box is in the box, general and mediocre.
There are many ways of thinking:
• linear - thoughts in a row, one leading to the next based on logic
• parallel - multiple streams of simultaneous thought
• creative - varying branches of thought from a common center, for problem solving
• intuitive - a leap to a conclusion, based on instinct
• circular - an ouroboros of thoughts, leading nowhere
• schizoid - multiple unrelated thoughts, leading nowhere


What you describe here are modalities, various patterns or schools of thought. Fundamentally you are either aware that you are conscious or you are not. If you are not your thinking will follow a general consensus of indentured servitude i.e. You will think what you have been taught to think. This will be based on your ego and conviction of an individual person. If you are aware that you are conscious you will not conform to any such self delusions.


Actually, it implies that you're a poor writer. My reading comprehension is excellent.


Your reading comprehension is about as excellent as my ability to fly. You cannot even grasp simple logic, and appear to struggle with basic fundamental principles.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:Reality is indescribable it cannot be put into words, words cannot reach. There is no truth in words. Truth is an absolute fact not a relative condition in consciousness.
New age nonsense. I'm perfectly capable of describing my reality in words, though I wouldn't describe other people's; that's their job.
You mean your personal dream world, it has nothing to do with reality. It will be over in a flash.
My writing skills are excellent too. I meant exactly what I wrote.


I will agree here, I can understand what you are writing very clearly. The problem is you don't.

Confidencia wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Confidencia wrote:If somebody came to you with bad news of your mothers demise, the weight of those few words would literally crush your being.
You still haven't proven that a thought is a material thing. My mother has already passed, and it did not "crush my being," literally or otherwise. But that's a long and quite personal story that's, frankly, not your business.
It was an exemplary statement, not for personal consumption. Besides it is all relative to the absolute, your mother may not have meant much to you but if you had a child taken from you you would understand what I'm saying. Your level of compassion does not speak for all people.
Bull-shit. Your statement was personal to me, not exemplary. As for the rest of your comment, you are making assumptions based on nothing at all. You don't know me, my mother, the relationship we had, my level of compassion, or the circumstances of her illness and death. Nor do you know whether I have lost a child or not. For someone who claims to be a higher thinker, your thought process contains numerous logical lacunae.


Making assumption? Higher thinker? These are your words not mine, I claim no such thing. But you can take it as you like, you will anyhow. The fact of the matter is as a person you do not exist you only dream it so. You dream that you are awake, you dream that you are asleep, the mental cycle continues unabated. Whether you are here or not, life goes on.

Confidencia wrote:There is no contradiction where duality is not seen. You do not even see your seeing, therefore fail to recognise your present state. Whatever I say you will conceptualise philosophise , idealise and imagine. Unless you experience what I say it will be so. Absolutes are not to be discussed they must be experienced. Words are there to serve as pointers they cannot convey truth. Hence the reason they are useful up to a certain point, then they must be dropped if truth is what you seek.
Keep shoveling; my gardens need fertilizer.


You are telling me!! Fertilisers only increase the capacity to bear fruit they do not guarantee a productive harvest. Similarly words alone cannot make one understand. Unless You start thinking for yourself your grounds may remain barren

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:34 pm

Austin Harper wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Austin Harper wrote:I think the problem here, as it often is with nutjobs like you, is that you're trying to make words mean something else than what the rest of the world thinks they mean. Let's start with you defining the following words:
conscious
consciousness
aware
awareness

You are right when you say "I think the problem here". As with most of you that seems to be a big problem. Were your thoughts and feelings intergrated and on the same level there would not be a problem. You have been taught to think in a particular modality that is so engrained it has blinkered you and created a divide between consciousness as in the "conscious" and the "unconscious". You are conforming to a particular mode of thought as you do with you patterns of behaviour. Being conscious is a mental state. If you are in full awareness and look closely at your consciousness you will see that there are gaps, find out what you are in the gaps and you will have a better understanding of consciousness and the matrix that contains it. Awareness is not a mental state. In that respect you can define consciousness but not awareness.

Well you defined one word and then said what one other word isn't, sort of. Take another stab at it. Define the words above.


A word can be defined any how you like, you can go along with common parlance or make believe. Either way it is all based on ones perception. Perception is recognition, recognition is rooted in memory and memory feeds the imagination . Reality cannot be imagined since it is not a product of the mind. Placing letters together to form word patterns related by convention is what gives language its structure. Language is an invention, it is symbolic and in no way indicative of truth.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26750
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 pm

Confidencia wrote: A word can be defined any how you like
Nope. Unlike you, skeptics are excellent communicators. We share common understanding concerning the meaning of words.

I'm guessing this is why everyone here thinks you are an incoherent leftover hippy, as you can't communicate with normal people yourself.

Why are you consciously choosing to post your incoherent hippy rubbish here on a science forum? Does your own hippy brethren also ignore you?
:D

User avatar
Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 4854
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:22 pm
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk
Location: Detroit
Contact:

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Austin Harper » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:27 am

Zimbabwe crocodile an into quadratic blue hour. Isn't flax the happiest Danube around oration? Your speaker quite zoned we fling!

That's what happens when you say words can mean anything. Now tell me what you mean by the specific words I asked you about. I don't think you have real definitions because then you'd have to be consistent in the way you used them trying to explain your nonsensical ideas here.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8213
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Poodle » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:26 am

Austin Harper wrote:Zimbabwe crocodile an into quadratic blue hour. Isn't flax the happiest Danube around oration? Your speaker quite zoned we fling.

Zimbabwe? Are you absolutely curtain?

User avatar
ElectricMonk
Persistent Poster
Posts: 3272
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm
Custom Title: His Beatitude

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby ElectricMonk » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:14 am

too lazy to sift through the thread...

.., did we have this one already?

Image
I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
Spoiler:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
- Douglas Adams

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8213
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Poodle » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:22 am

I certainly haven't seen it - but absolutely nail on head.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:27 am

Austin Harper wrote:Zimbabwe crocodile an into quadratic blue hour. Isn't flax the happiest Danube around oration? Your speaker quite zoned we fling!

That's what happens when you say words can mean anything. Now tell me what you mean by the specific words I asked you about. I don't think you have real definitions because then you'd have to be consistent in the way you used them trying to explain your nonsensical ideas here.


To be Conscious is to function like a robot. This robot appears to move as it reacts to impact within its field of Consciousness. All imprints are pre-recorded in the Consciousness of the robot; commonly known as the person and then regulated via brain Consciousness. This system of reacting to impact is based on the flight or fight mechanism of brain Consciousness. In common parlance it is known as being Aware. However since this kind of Awareness is rooted in memory; on a higher level of Consciousness it is only seen as a reflection in Consciousness, it cannot be classed as being in full Awareness because of its restriction to the field of Consciousness. Consciousness being the matrix that contains the conscious experience. Awareness being the cognisance of Consciousness and the common matrix of every experience within the field of Consciousness.
Last edited by Confidencia on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:38 am

ElectricMonk wrote:too lazy to sift through the thread...

It is usually the case with those who cannot think for themselves.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:52 am

Poodle wrote:I certainly haven't seen it - but absolutely nail on head.


If the block of wood is dense the nail may need to be hit repeatedly on the head before it is sent home,. Perhaps that's why you haven't seen it yet.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:40 am

Cadmusteeth wrote:Sometimes people really wear me out. This instance for example.


Well for as long as you remain a victim of your own language you will continue to be the example of an instance.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8213
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Poodle » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:47 pm

OK. Entries for the Deepak Chopra Replacement are now closed. And the winner is ... ... ...

FANFARE AND FLASHING LIGHTS

... ... ... Confidencia Chopra!!!

:clap: :bq: :clap: :bw: :clap: :yahoo:

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 971
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Cadmusteeth » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Cadmusteeth wrote:Sometimes people really wear me out. This instance for example.


Well for as long as you remain a victim of your own language you will continue to be the example of an instance.

I have plenty of issues but that ain't one of them. At least not in the way you're implying.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:46 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Cadmusteeth wrote:Sometimes people really wear me out. This instance for example.


Well for as long as you remain a victim of your own language you will continue to be the example of an instance.

I have plenty of issues but that ain't one of them.


And contradictions apparently - you mean not that you are aware of. What you say here implies duality. If there were no duality what could possibly be the issue? Could you even say that you have an issue?
Last edited by Confidencia on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 971
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Cadmusteeth » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:51 pm

Hey, you complicated it, not me.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:13 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:Hey, you complicated it, not me.


The issue was already complicated after somebody posted a video claiming to have debunked duality.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 971
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Cadmusteeth » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:26 pm

Now you're just weaving more meaning into my comment than there was and jumping between subjects.
A guy can't post a complaint without an overly serious guy turning it into an argument.

User avatar
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2064
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 am
Custom Title: cognitively consonant
Location: playing croquet in Wonderland

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Nikki Nyx » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Thus far, you've failed to define your terminology, state your hypothesis, and provide evidence. Instead, you've repeatedly spewed an incredible amount of ever-changing word salad, devoid of meaning, which you purport to contain fundamental truths. Simultaneously, you've intimated that anyone who fails to understand these truths, which you are unable to describe, is childishly ignorant. Summary of your meaningless drivel...

Confidencia wrote:Thinking based on preconception does not contain enough critical mass to even warrant an hypothesis.
Wrong. "Critical mass" is not a term appropriate to apply to the concept of thought.

Confidencia wrote:The lump of matter which you call the person is not the observer, it does not have any reality of its own it is interconnected and interdependent on the whole.
Wrong. Bodies consist of matter, therefore, they are real in and of themselves.

Confidencia wrote:Consciousness makes all things possible, awareness pervades it.
Wrong. Consciousness will not give me wings, therefore consciousness does not make all things possible.

Confidencia wrote:No consciousness no world. The body and the world appear at the same time.
Wrong. This is just solipsism, which bears no resemblance to reality.

Confidencia wrote:I witnessed the birth of my body which puts me prior to it.
Wrong. Physiologically, this is not possible; you cannot be outside your own body.

Confidencia wrote:Duality in consciousness is not an argument it is a fact.
Wrong. Unless you suffer from DID.

Confidencia wrote:A thought is a material thing.
Wrong. A thought has no mass, size, shape, color, texture, sound, smell, or appearance.

Confidencia wrote:The world stops when brain consciousness is suspended and starts when it resumes.
Wrong. The world and everything in it continues on its merry way while I sleep, and will do so long after I'm dead.

Confidencia wrote:Indeed, emptiness is my fullness. If you do not like the head-shake then try the milk-shake. You can have it for the asking and they taste delicious too . But technically speaking each nut requires a bolt. My money's on usain.
It's time for your medication.

Confidencia wrote:Since reality is not an experience it cannot be known.
Wrong. Reality is everything we experience...and everything we do not experience. My reality includes all my experiences plus people, places, things, and events I have never personally experienced, but of which I only have secondhand knowledge. For example, I have never traveled to Africa, yet it exists in my reality.

Confidencia wrote:the body basically functions by itself without any intervention from you
Wrong. My body would not function if I did not actively intervene to provide it with proper nutrition, hydration, exercise, and sleep, at a minimum.

Confidencia wrote:Space is in me, time is in me, nothing exists without me being there first to validate it.
Wrong. You were not there to validate the Big Bang, yet it occurred. You were not there to validate the existence of dinosaurs, yet they existed. You were not there to validate the moment when the human race changed from hunter-gatherer to farmer-trader, yet it happened.

Confidencia wrote:You will find that the self conscious and the unconscious are attributes of consciousness. I am not conscious I am aware that I am conscious there is a difference, besides there's no such thing as being conscious of awareness which is what you imply. As a person you are conscious of your thoughts and feelings but you are not aware that you are conscious. And if we were in time it would not be relative to one another, it would run concurrently. Which is obviously not the case when vast distances are taken into consideration
Oh, dear. The medication has worn off. Time for more.

Confidencia wrote:Truth is plain and simple it need not be complicated by words. In fact if you need words to understand truth then you are still an infant.
Wrong. Words are the tools human beings use to think and communicate. Infants do not yet have them, so you are wrong twice.

Confidencia wrote:Solipsism is just another word the ignorant use to explain something they do not understand
Wrong. It's a quite apt word to describe the nonsense you're spewing...that nothing is real unless you validate it, that the world stops when your consciousness stops, that the world began when your consciousness began. That's solipsism.

Confidencia wrote:I do not deny physical existence , I just don't equate it with reality.
Perhaps a different medication?

Confidencia wrote:Reality is indescribable it cannot be put into words, words cannot reach.
Wrong. My vocabulary is quite extensive and up to the task of describing my reality. I would not presume to describe yours, except that it must be lonely.

Confidencia wrote:Are you aware that your waking state is one of ignorance?
Everyone's waking state is one of ignorance, including yours. Unlike you, I'm aware of this and continue to learn, even knowing the goal is unattainable. No one can attain all knowledge.

Confidencia wrote:And you are ignorant of your own ignorance.
Wrong. I'm perfectly aware of the numerous areas where I lack knowledge. OTOH, you are ignorant of your insistence on being a dick. Frankly, your refusal to abide by the forum rules, combined with insulting everyone unable to comprehend your word salad, and your repetitious unscientific posts have led me to become both annoyed and bored.

Confidencia wrote:For me language is nothing but a means of communication.
If that's the case, then I commend you to its study. Your grasp of its use is lacking.

Confidencia wrote:The fact that you haven't a clue what I'm expounding implies you are in the box.
Wrong. You have failed logic. There are several reasons why I might not be comprehending your philosophy:
1. Your writing skills are insufficient to convey your philosophy.
2. Your philosophy is invalid, i.e., its logic doesn't parse.
3. Your world view is abnormal.
4. All of the above.
I can vouch for the first one, based on your misspellings, lack of appropriate comma inclusions, run-on sentences, and misuse of words. For the second, you've basically described solipsism, which I've always felt was a nonsensical philosophy not supported by factual evidence. For the third, the fact that you believe you watched yourself being birthed is proof enough. So, I must conclude that the fourth is true.

Confidencia wrote:Whatever I say you will conceptualise philosophise , idealise and imagine.
Wrong. I don't believe I will, thanks anyway.

Confidencia wrote:Absolutes are not to be discussed they must be experienced.
Wrong. Anything can be discussed.

Confidencia wrote:Your reading comprehension is about as excellent as my ability to fly. You cannot even grasp simple logic, and appear to struggle with basic fundamental principles.
Wrong. Given your obvious lack of writing skills, I do not accept you as a qualified judge of my reading comprehension skills. Given the obvious lack of logic in your expressed philosophy, I do not accept you as a qualified judge of my ability to think critically. Tend to the beam in thine own eye, Confidencia.

Confidencia wrote:Whilst I am aware that I am conscious you are only conscious of your thoughts and feelings. Whilst I see the complete picture you only see a part of it. Whilst I use words as far as they are useful you entangle yourself in their relative meanings. Whilst I see the world as it is. You imagine it to be something else. Whilst I know I was not born and do not associate my body with my being. You believe the body is what you are in both substance and essence. Whilst I deny all that exists to reality you mistake appearances for reality.
I am uninterested in being a member of your cult. Since I am gaining nothing from continuing this discussion, except a fascinating insight into a disturbed mind, and since I'm rather tired of your overt and implied insults, I shall now make use of a wonderful feature of this forum known as "ignore."
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:Now you're just weaving more meaning into my comment than there was and jumping between subjects.
A guy can't post a complaint without an overly serious guy turning it into an argument.


I have no time for arguments, I merely state the facts and these are your facts not mine.

User avatar
Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Posts: 8213
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:12 pm
Custom Title: Regular sleeper
Location: NE corner of my living room

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Poodle » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:53 pm

OED: Fact : a thing that is known or proved to be true.
Confidencia :"I merely state the facts and these are your facts not mine"
So - are we speaking English or Fantasish?

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 971
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Cadmusteeth » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Cadmusteeth wrote:Now you're just weaving more meaning into my comment than there was and jumping between subjects.
A guy can't post a complaint without an overly serious guy turning it into an argument.


I have no time for arguments, I merely state the facts and these are your facts not mine.

That is most certainly your opinion cause you don't give much evidence for it.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:11 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:Thus far, you've failed to define your terminology, state your hypothesis, and provide evidence. Instead, you've repeatedly spewed an incredible amount of ever-changing word salad, devoid of meaning, which you purport to contain fundamental truths. Simultaneously, you've intimated that anyone who fails to understand these truths, which you are unable to describe, is childishly ignorant. Summary of your meaningless drivel...


Throwing your dummy out of your pram won't give you the discernment necessary to understand what I'm saying. It's the same old problem with you skeptics. I tell you that reality cannot be described, and you ask me to describe it. How do you describe something that's inconceivable? It is the knower that I am trying to make you aware of but you entangle yourself with petty quibbles and try to draw me down to that level. If you cannot rise above your infancy naturally you will have a problem. Use your intelligence and think for yourself will the solution.

Confidencia wrote:Thinking based on preconception does not contain enough critical mass to even warrant an hypothesis.
Wrong. "Critical mass" is not a term appropriate to apply to the concept of thought.


If you are dealing with pedantics, semantics and all other arbitrary rulings then I suppose not. Your intellect will not help you here, you must use your intelligence. You were not born with an intellect you were given it.

Confidencia wrote:The lump of matter which you call the person is not the observer, it does not have any reality of its own it is interconnected and interdependent on the whole.
Wrong. Bodies consist of matter, therefore, they are real in and of themselves.


They are not in and of themselves and you know very well they are not. They are dependent on consciousness. Whatever appears then disappear does not have any reality of its own.

Confidencia wrote:Consciousness makes all things possible, awareness pervades it.
Wrong. Consciousness will not give me wings, therefore consciousness does not make all things possible.


If you can raise you level of consciousness beyond that puny little body image of yours you will have a better understanding of what I'm driving at. Like I said the basic fundamental principles you fail to grasp.

Confidencia wrote:No consciousness no world. The body and the world appear at the same time.
Wrong. This is just solipsism, which bears no resemblance to reality.


And how do you define reality? Electrical signals in your brain perhaps? Here's a clue. Whatever it is it does not change. It is timeless, spaceless and unsupported. Meaning it does not need the support of consciousness. In this sense it is only reality that can be said to be in and of itself for that said reason. Anything that is dependent on something else cannot be said to be in and of itself. The body depends on consciousness, consciousness depends on awareness.

Confidencia wrote:I witnessed the birth of my body which puts me prior to it.
Wrong. Physiologically, this is not possible; you cannot be outside your own body.


You can and I have been outside of my body. I've already told you, awareness contains consciousness, it pervades and transcends consciousness. You cannot prove this phenomena because that part of your brain that allows you to test, measure and evaluate is in suspension, the world that is created and governed by your brain has gone into oblivion. But you can have the experience yourself for the taking.

Confidencia wrote:Duality in consciousness is not an argument it is a fact.
Wrong. Unless you suffer from DID.


You are beginning to sound like Mathew ellard. He has difficulty understand anything that's not written in his text books. It must be a common trait with skeptics.

Confidencia wrote:A thought is a material thing.
Wrong. A though has no mass, size, shape, color, texture, sound, smell, or appearance.


No it doesn't in fact in reality it does not even exist. These are all concepts created by the mind.

Confidencia wrote:The world stops when brain consciousness is suspended and starts when it resumes.
Wrong. The world and everything in it continues on its merry way while I sleep, and will do so long after I'm dead.


That's how you imagine it, you cannot prove it. Remember the others are not outside of your consciousness they are in it.

Confidencia wrote:Indeed, emptiness is my fullness. If you do not like the head-shake then try the milk-shake. You can have it for the asking and they taste delicious too . But technically speaking each nut requires a bolt. My money's on usain.
It's time for your medication.


I've already had it, it comes in small dose

Confidencia wrote:Since reality is not an experience it cannot be known.
Wrong. Reality is everything we experience...and everything we do not experience. My reality includes all my experiences plus people, places, things, and events I have never personally experienced, but of which I only have secondhand knowledge. For example, I have never traveled to Africa, yet it exists in my reality.


Yes in reality it's know as the imagination.

Confidencia wrote:the body basically functions by itself without any intervention from you
Wrong. My body would not function if I did not actively intervene to provide it with proper nutrition, hydration, exercise, and sleep, at a minimum.


Yes scientifically it's known as instinct. Deny your body its sustenance and the body will start eating itself.

Confidencia wrote:Space is in me, time is in me, nothing exists without me being there first to validate it.
Wrong. You were not there to validate the Big Bang, yet it occurred. You were not there to validate the existence of dinosaurs, yet they existed. You were not there to validate the moment when the human race changed from hunter-gatherer to farmer-trader, yet it happened.


And it happened all within my consciousness. I am the witness to all that was, is and yet to come. Where there is life and the consciousness of it I am there, smaller than the smallest bigger than the biggest.

Confidencia wrote:You will find that the self conscious and the unconscious are attributes of consciousness. I am not conscious I am aware that I am conscious there is a difference, besides there's no such thing as being conscious of awareness which is what you imply. As a person you are conscious of your thoughts and feelings but you are not aware that you are conscious. And if we were in time it would not be relative to one another, it would run concurrently. Which is obviously not the case when vast distances are taken into consideration
Oh, dear. The medication has worn off. Time for more.


My medication never wears off, it's my sanity.



Confidencia wrote:Truth is plain and simple it need not be complicated by words. In fact if you need words to understand truth then you are still an infant.
Wrong. Words are the tools human beings use to think and communicate. Infants do not yet have them, so you are wrong twice.


I'm glad that you have understood something in principle.

Confidencia wrote:Solipsism is just another word the ignorant use to explain something they do not understand
Wrong. It's a quite apt word to describe the nonsense you're spewing...that nothing is real unless you validate it, that the world stops when your consciousness stops, that the world began when your consciousness began. That's solipsism.


In my understanding it's called simple logic. But it is the same for me as it is for you and everybody else. You have your private world, I have my private world and everybody else has theirs. They are dream worlds superimposed over a common theme which we all understand as consciousness, well most of us. You and everybody else is included in my world as me and everybody else is included in your world; both me and you are included in everybody else's world. It is all very simple but you complicate matter by not inquiring and taking appearances for reality. You have taken all that is common to be true, it is just not so.

Confidencia wrote:I do not deny physical existence , I just don't equate it with reality.
Perhaps a different medication?


Sanity is the medication of all medications. It cannot be surpassed.

Confidencia wrote:Reality is indescribable it cannot be put into words, words cannot reach.
Wrong. My vocabulary is quite extensive and up to the task of describing my reality. I would not presume to describe yours, except that it must be lonely.


Loneliness is a state of mind. And being educated does not necessarily denote the level of ones intelligence. Of course a well furnished mind may entertain you but it will not help you solve the riddle of your consciousness. That you must do yourself without the help of the others.

Confidencia wrote:Are you aware that your waking state is one of ignorance?
Everyone's waking state is one of ignorance, including yours. Unlike you, I'm aware of this and continue to learn, even knowing the goal is unattainable. No one can attain all knowledge.


What good is knowledge? Unless you know the knower of that knowledge whatever you learn will be absolutely worthless. It my earn you a good living but as I've said before it will not and cannot help you in the long run. The short of it all is that you must get to know yourself as you are in reality. The knowledge that you are is your only capital, you must use it now and use it wisely. The dream will soon be over and you will disappear into oblivion.

Confidencia wrote:And you are ignorant of your own ignorance.
Wrong. I'm perfectly aware of the numerous areas where I lack knowledge. OTOH, you are ignorant of your insistence on being a dick. Frankly, your refusal to abide by the forum rules, combined with insulting everyone unable to comprehend your word salad, and your repetitious unscientific posts have led me to become both annoyed and bored.


Your refusal to abide by the forums rules? Have I insulted you in a derogatory way? Who is calling who a dick? If you cannot stand the heat then get out of the kitchen! Do not reply to my post if I offend you .

Confidencia wrote:For me language is nothing but a means of communication.
If that's the case, then I commend you to its study. Your grasp of its use is lacking.


Fundamentally it lacks nothing. The problem here is that you let language define you whereas I do not. If I were to stand in front of you it would not be you that I see but a projection of you. This is what your language defines, to all intent and purpose it is an image born out of your imagination. Look at what is behind the image, that is the reality. It was there before you were born it will be there after you have gone.

Confidencia wrote:The fact that you haven't a clue what I'm expounding implies you are in the box.
Wrong. You have failed logic. There are several reasons why I might not be comprehending your philosophy:
1. Your writing skills are insufficient to convey your philosophy.
2. Your philosophy is invalid, i.e., its logic doesn't parse.
3. Your world view is abnormal.
4. All of the above.
I can vouch for the first one, based on your misspellings, lack of appropriate comma inclusions, run-on sentences, and misuse of words. For the second, you've basically described solipsism, which I've always felt was a nonsensical philosophy not supported by factual evidence. For the third, the fact that you believe you watched yourself being birthed is proof enough. So, I must conclude that the fourth is true.


1. Like I said, you will take whatever I say as philosophy
2. Reality is not a concept so no philosophy is a valid philosophy.
3. What is normal, insanity?
4. Are you awake
The major one which you convieniently omit is that you are not fully awake. This is the main reason for your misunderstanding and lack of discernment. There are no rules in the use of words regarding intelligence, since it all depends on the receptivity of the listener. In such instances less is more. However if you are trying to convey your intellect then certain rules apply. This is where the confusion lies. Nevertheless if one refuses to open ones eyes what can be seen? Reality is simple and accessible to all the problem accurs when you try to intellectualise it. As a matter of fact the intellectual is the most ignorant and unintelligent of all people.

Confidencia wrote:Whatever I say you will conceptualise philosophise , idealise and imagine.
Wrong. I don't believe I will, thanks anyway.


As long as you do not see the contradictions you won't.

Confidencia wrote:Absolutes are not to be discussed they must be experienced.
Wrong. Anything can be discussed.


Relatively speaking yes. Absolutely no. Once you reach the source who and what is there to discuss?

Confidencia wrote:Your reading comprehension is about as excellent as my ability to fly. You cannot even grasp simple logic, and appear to struggle with basic fundamental principles.
Wrong. Given your obvious lack of writing skills, I do not accept you as a qualified judge of my reading comprehension skills. Given the obvious lack of logic in your expressed philosophy, I do not accept you as a qualified judge of my ability to think critically. Tend to the beam in thine own eye, Confidencia.


You need not have to accept me at all in any capacity. It is yourself as you are in reality that you need to accept. You only know your image and because of this you compremise you being.

Confidencia wrote:Whilst I am aware that I am conscious you are only conscious of your thoughts and feelings. Whilst I see the complete picture you only see a part of it. Whilst I use words as far as they are useful you entangle yourself in their relative meanings. Whilst I see the world as it is. You imagine it to be something else. Whilst I know I was not born and do not associate my body with my being. You believe the body is what you are in both substance and essence. Whilst I deny all that exists to reality you mistake appearances for reality.
I am uninterested in being a member of your cult. Since I am gaining nothing from continuing this discussion, except a fascinating insight into a disturbed mind, and since I'm rather tired of your overt and implied insults, I shall now make use of a wonderful feature of this forum known as "ignore."


That's a relief.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:17 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:
Confidencia wrote:
Cadmusteeth wrote:Now you're just weaving more meaning into my comment than there was and jumping between subjects.
A guy can't post a complaint without an overly serious guy turning it into an argument.


I have no time for arguments, I merely state the facts and these are your facts not mine.

That is most certainly your opinion cause you don't give much evidence for it.


A fact speaks for itself, it needs no proof as it is self evident.

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 971
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Cadmusteeth » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:34 pm

So if I said that you're a blue shape-shifting dog, it would not require any evidence because it is self evident.

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:39 pm

Poodle wrote:OED: Fact : a thing that is known or proved to be true.
Confidencia :"I merely state the facts and these are your facts not mine"
So - are we speaking English or Fantasish?


Apparently it is both according to the structure of your language.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26750
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Confidencia wrote: I have no time for arguments
What would be the point? Your words have no fixed meaning. A random word generator would do the same job. :D

Confidencia wrote: Apparently it is both according to the structure of your language.
How can you follow the structure of our language if you can't apply any fixed meaning to our words? Are you always this permanently confused? :D

Confidencia wrote:You need not have to accept me at all in any capacity
How can we if your words have no fixed meaning?

Confidencia wrote: A fact speaks for itself, it needs no proof as it is self evident.
I just gave you a fact and you still can't comprehend it. :lol:

Confidencia
Poster
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Confidencia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:01 pm

Cadmusteeth wrote:So if I said that you're a blue shape-shifting dog, it would not require any evidence because it is self evident.


...that I am not a blue shape-shifting dog.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26750
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote: I am gaining nothing from continuing this discussion, except a fascinating insight into a disturbed mind,
I think loneliness is as applicable as disturbed. These poor lonely dualists can't express anything coherent and thus can't stand talking to each other on dualist forums . It would be as much fun as connecting two random word generators together. :D

Instead, they go, in isolation, to science and skeptic forums and try to impress people with their random selection of posted "Chopra-isms". All we see is yet another loneliness confused dualist spurting out incoherent posts. :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic
Posts: 26750
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:07 pm

Confidencia wrote:...that I am not a blue shape-shifting dog.
How do you know that's what we meant by those words? Can't you simply use your own crappy rule and apply new meaning to those words? :lol:

User avatar
Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster
Posts: 971
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:43 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: What is Dualism? / Debunk Video

Postby Cadmusteeth » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Confidencia wrote:
Cadmusteeth wrote:So if I said that you're a blue shape-shifting dog, it would not require any evidence because it is self evident.


...that I am not a blue shape-shifting dog.

Just going by your logic.


Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests