Hey guys, what are your thoughts on this man's NDE and OBE?

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
violeta

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on this man's NDE and OBE?

Postby violeta » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:53 am

http://www.near-death.com/science/evide ... -days.html

George Rodonaia's OBE where he is "dead" but hears a baby crying. The baby keeps crying, parents don't know what to do. During his OBE, he goes to another hospital room, sees the baby, and he can converse with the baby. He realises that the reason why the baby is crying is because his arm is twisted/broken. Later on, after he is revived, he is able to share this with the baby's parents.

Do you believe this story? Why or why not?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Re: Hey guys, what are your thoughts on this man's NDE and OBE?

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:06 am

Just because someone can type the words "science" and "evidence", one shouldn't believe everything they say. Even georgie can copy pasta them. :-P

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:12 am

Oh, and if you really want to learn about NDEs, you could make yourself familiar with the massive failure of the AWARE study. Major brouhaha around it and a major flop it was...

violeta

Postby violeta » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:23 am

scrmbldggs wrote:Oh, and if you really want to learn about NDEs, you could make yourself familiar with the massive failure of the AWARE study. Major brouhaha around it and a major flop it was...

wait but would you even count the AWARE study? from what I understand there were only around 140 people who actually had experiences out of 2000 and only 2 percent had OBEs which means it was not fully tested.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:30 am

violeta wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:Oh, and if you really want to learn about NDEs, you could make yourself familiar with the massive failure of the AWARE study. Major brouhaha around it and a major flop it was...

wait but would you even count the AWARE study? from what I understand there were only around 140 people who actually had experiences out of 2000 and only 2 percent had OBEs which means it was not fully tested.

No, it was finished. And out of the final candidates, 50% were reported to have had something that might be called an NDE. Except, there were only two (2) final candidates and the one reported stemmed from a previous study. IIRC, he also was a cardiac patient very likely to have had a simple anesthetic awareness episode (rare, but those can happen with light anesthesia, which is more common with cardiac patients).

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:03 am

his nde was real
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:04 pm

tl;dr

But what's your evidence to back up your extensive assertion?

Shen1986
Veteran Poster

Postby Shen1986 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:03 am

Here is a full sceptic look on the whole NDE which I wrote sometime ago:

viewtopic.php?t=21481

The most interesting thing why I do not buy this story is:

- The author is a reverend - religious figure.

Its strange he could just talk to the baby but not to his friends. Also another strange thing is that it contradicts this NDE:

"l could talk to the baby. It was amazing. I could not talk to the parents - my friends - but I could talk to the little boy who had just been born. I asked him what was wrong. No words were exchanged, but I asked him maybe through telepathy what was wrong. He told me that his arm hurt. And when he told me that, I was able to see that the bone was twisted and broken."

Source: http://www.near-death.com/science/evide ... -days.html

- He knew the child before and it was a child of his friend, he knew they were pregnant:

"Then he visited his next-door neighbor. They had a new child, born a couple of days before Yuri's "death." Yuri could tell that they were upset by what happened to him. But they were especially distressed by the fact that their child would not stop crying.

Source: http://www.near-death.com/science/evide ... -days.html

Conclusion: It all happened if it did happen inside his head. He deduced some things or heard them, nothing special and its odd he could only speak to the child but not parents this is a major problem if this story should be believable.
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:59 pm

he became a reverend after his experience....it changed his outlook....it is common that adults won't hear your thoughts....the baby was not able to speak...so it communicated mentally...makes sense..babies are not fully immersed in the physical body or dimension yet...they are more connected to the non-physical still.....non-humans that don't have a language we know also communicate mentally..
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:55 pm

As mentioned before - get help.

Shen1986
Veteran Poster

Postby Shen1986 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:25 am

gorgeous wrote:he became a reverend after his experience....it changed his outlook....it is common that adults won't hear your thoughts....the baby was not able to speak...so it communicated mentally...makes sense..babies are not fully immersed in the physical body or dimension yet...they are more connected to the non-physical still.....non-humans that don't have a language we know also communicate mentally..

1st thing how do you know all that stuff. 2nd excuses and nothing more because in other NDEs people claim that adults were able to hear their thoughts and that is the problem every NDE is different - in one adults hear thoughts in others children hear thoughts and in others no one hears them and the person with the NDE claims that there was a spiritual wall and that no one could hear it.

I have nothing more to say to this because this what I wrote shows that NDEs are nothing more then hallucinations or dream like states.
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:57 pm

it was in the description of his obe....show me a dream or hallucination....no proof that they exist..just more desperate explanations...

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:44 pm

You act like you are willing or able to accept evidence, which you are not. So it's just your usual trolling...

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:30 pm

where is the evidence for dreams and hallucinations?

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:05 pm

Dig this

Spoiler:

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”