Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby gorgeous » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:07 pm

could have been a missile or beam
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

busterggi
Regular Poster
Custom Title: General Weirdness

Postby busterggi » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Poodle wrote:
gorgeous wrote:....they put the needle in her navel to get her eggs...something humans didn't do until decades later...

:D

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:award:

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

let that teach you - never put all your eggs in one navel.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:37 am

gorgeous wrote:could have been a missile or beam
It was neither a missile nor a particle beam, which means your lying remote viewer got it wrong twice with both his guesses.

The plane also crashed in the water and your remote viewer claimed it crashed on land.

Why did he make so many mistakes and why are you posting this crap on our science forum?

Debunking with pictures
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=26838#p531191

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:14 am

NSA Stargate remote viewing file -----PSYCHOENERGETICS RESEARCH
DEFENSE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY
DIRECTORATE FOR SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL INTELLIGENCE
7 August 1984 - 2.00MB (pdf file)

Key highlights from the document are:
------- Psychoenergetics has its place somewhere between psychology and the other social sciences. It has not been reduced to mathematics and there is no physical model, but psychoenergetics does have many characteristics that are common to all science.

The first of these characteristics is replication. If an area of endeavor is to be considered a science, experiments must be replicable. When the results obtained in one laboratory cannot be obtained under the same experimental conditions in other laboratories, the work will be neglected and will be considered to fall outside the parameters of science.

The work in psychoenergetics at SRI has been replicated by several laboratories:
~ Remote Viewing (ESP)
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Institute for Parapsychology, Durham, NC
- Mundelein College, Chicago, IL
- University of California at Davis, CA
~ Remote Action (psychokinesis)
- Mind Science Foundation, San Antonio, TX
- Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Psychophysical Research Laboratory, Princeton, NJ
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- Bell Laboratories, Columbus, OH.

These are all bonafide scientific research and development institutes. In all, there have been 28 formal published replications of the remote viewing work at SRI. Obviously, this phenomenon is not an invention of SRI; it has been duplicated on a number of occasions.

[page 11]
Finally, the ongoing psychoenergetics program at SRI has recently been reviewed by a panel of renowned scientists (see Exhibit 9). Much of what they reported will be covered later in this publication. At this time, we wish to include one quote taken from the publication they prepared regarding their findings on the SRI psychoenergetic research; it bears directly on the question of whether or not psychoenergetics should be considered a science. "The lack of a physical model should not be taken to preclude the existence of the capability to view remote locations."

[page22] onwards:

The CIA was the first organization to fund research. Their program established that:
~ Geographical features can be ascertained with remote viewing.
~ Descriptive aspects of a site are better described than analytical aspects.
~ Operationally-useful information can be obtained.
~ Coordinate and beacon remote viewing can be successful.
~ Standard medical/physiological/psychologicaI screening is not useful.

In 1975, Navelex supported a $74K program which established that physiological correlates to remote viewing exist, but they are weak statistically. From 1976 to 1979, the Air Force supported research that demonstrated;
~ Remote viewing can be used to monitor real-time activities.
~ Accuracy and resolution are not a function of distance.
~ Spatial resolution is accurate down to millimeters.
~ Electrical shielding does not block remote viewing.

MIA was the next organization to enter the research. They supported work that verified that interaction with sensitive electronic equipment can result in significant perturbations from expected behavior.

In AMSAA's program, from 1978 to 1980, it.was proven that site descriptions are of higher quality than location-pinpointing or tracking information.

The DIA was the next agency to contract work in psychoenergetics at SRI. Their program:
~ Developed techniques to increase reliability by minimizing noise
~ Produced operational examples that were of high quality
~ Developed a reliability improvement program.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:20 am

gorgeous wrote: Key highlights from the document are:
------- Psychoenergetics has its place somewhere between psychology and the other social sciences. It has not been reduced to mathematics and there is no physical model, but psychoenergetics does have many characteristics that are common to all science.

The first of these characteristics is replication. If an area of endeavor is to be considered a science, experiments must be replicable. When the results obtained in one laboratory cannot be obtained under the same experimental conditions in other laboratories, the work will be neglected and will be considered to fall outside the parameters of science.

The work in psychoenergetics at SRI has been replicated by several laboratories:
~ Remote Viewing (ESP)

These are all bonafide scientific research and development institutes. In all, there have been 28 formal published replications of the remote viewing work at SRI. Obviously, this phenomenon is not an invention of SRI; it has been duplicated on a number of occasions.

[page 11]
Finally, the ongoing psychoenergetics program at SRI has recently been reviewed by a panel of renowned scientists (see Exhibit 9). Much of what they reported will be covered later in this publication. At this time, we wish to include one quote taken from the publication they prepared regarding their findings on the SRI psychoenergetic research; it bears directly on the question of whether or not psychoenergetics should be considered a science. "The lack of a physical model should not be taken to preclude the existence of the capability to view remote locations."

[page22] onwards:

The CIA was the first organization to fund research. Their program established that:
~ Geographical features can be ascertained with remote viewing.
~ Descriptive aspects of a site are better described than analytical aspects.
~ Operationally-useful information can be obtained.
~ Coordinate and beacon remote viewing can be successful.
~ Standard medical/physiological/psychologicaI screening is not useful.

In 1975, Navelex supported a $74K program which established that physiological correlates to remote viewing exist, but they are weak statistically. From 1976 to 1979, the Air Force supported research that demonstrated;
~ Remote viewing can be used to monitor real-time activities.
~ Accuracy and resolution are not a function of distance.
~ Spatial resolution is accurate down to millimeters.
~ Electrical shielding does not block remote viewing.

MIA was the next organization to enter the research. They supported work that verified that interaction with sensitive electronic equipment can result in significant perturbations from expected behavior.

In AMSAA's program, from 1978 to 1980, it.was proven that site descriptions are of higher quality than location-pinpointing or tracking information.

The DIA was the next agency to contract work in psychoenergetics at SRI. Their program:
~ Developed techniques to increase reliability by minimizing noise
~ Produced operational examples that were of high quality
~ Developed a reliability improvement program

Stop wasting time. Please be a good bloke and explain why your remote viewers failed so badly, in this thread that you ran away from? :lol: :lol: :lol:

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:22 am

It's ok...I know you are afraid it is real and works....there there.... :harp: have a drink and relax... :redwine:

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:37 am

SRI photon detection experiment 1986 (4 pages)
123 kb .pdf file - (right click to 'save as' OR it will just open!)

SRI photon detection replication experiment 1987
(5 pages)
160 kb .pdf file --------------- SRI experiment for hemolysis using Remote viewing
and remote influencing (RA) (57 pages)

"Thirty-two subjects participated in the confi 'rmation study. Their task was to attempt to
retard the rate of hemolysis (destruction) of red blood cells which had been placed into a tube of distilled water and saline in a distant room..."

3 mb .pdf file

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:40 am

Sun streak Remote influencing (RA) investigation
on marine animals (48 pages)

"In 1986, SRI International awarded a subcontract to the College of Marine Studies of
the University of Delaware to conduct remote action (RA) experiments using marine algae as
AW target elements.."

1.6 mb .pdf file - (right click to 'save as' OR it will just open!)

-----------------------------------------------------

Sun streak 1987 Rv experiment of a locked-up Russian document (11 pages)

"TO DETERMINE THE REMOTE VIEWER'S ABILITY AND PROPENSITY TO COLLECT FOREIGN INTELLIGENCE INFORMATION AGAINST DOCUMENTS SHIELDED FROM NORMAL PERCEPTION."

472 kb .pdf file -

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:43 am

gorgeous wrote:Sun streak Remote influencing (RA) investigation
on marine animals (48 pages)

"In 1986, SRI International awarded a subcontract to the College of Marine Studies of
the University of Delaware to conduct remote action (RA) experiments using marine algae as
AW target elements.."

1.6 mb .pdf file - (right click to 'save as' OR it will just open!)

-----------------------------------------------------

Sun streak 1987 Rv experiment of a locked-up Russian document (11 pages)

"TO DETERMINE THE REMOTE VIEWER'S ABILITY AND PROPENSITY TO COLLECT FOREIGN INTELLIGENCE INFORMATION AGAINST DOCUMENTS SHIELDED FROM NORMAL PERCEPTION."

472 kb .pdf file
-

Are you still running away from your complete failures? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Explain why your remote viewers were 100% wrong in the thread you ran away from.

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:48 am

why does the remote viewing evidence threaten you?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:51 am

gorgeous wrote:Sun streak 1987 Rv experiment of a locked-up Russian document (11 pages)

You absolute Moron!!! This isn't a Russian document. It's a 1981 English paper on hydrophones used to measure shapes underwater and nothing to do with remote viewing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.remoteviewed.com/files/starg ... 201987.pdf

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:53 am

gorgeous wrote:why does the remote viewing evidence threaten you?

It doesn't. It's just a comedy like Dumb and Dumber, where you are playing both roles, :lol:

You are just dragging it out.
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:53 am

Former Secretary of Defense William Cohen is pictured during his appearance before the 9/11 commission on Capitol Hill on March 23, 2004. 'I was impressed with the concept of remote viewing,' Cohen tells 'Newsweek' in an email. Doug Mills/The New York Times/Redux

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:55 am

gorgeous wrote:Former Secretary of Defense William Cohen is pictured during his appearance before the 9/11 commission on Capitol Hill on March 23, 2004. 'I was impressed with the concept of remote viewing,' Cohen tells 'Newsweek' in an email. Doug Mills/The New York Times/Redux

Link us to this full quote. You can't can you? :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:29 am

gorgeous wrote:It's ok...I know you are afraid it is real and works....there there....

Stop being such a drag. "Gorgeous" :lol:

We already know remote viewing doesn't work from this thread.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Wild animal

Postby Gord » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:15 pm

Once more, someone accuses a non-believer of being "afraid" of the nonsense that's actually being laughed at. Why hasn't the "you're just afraid" tactic been added to the list of logical fallacies yet? Or has it? It sure seems to get used a lot.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:26 pm

he marks out my posts...sign of fear...the NSA didn't consider it nonsense ..or the military...or corporations...or labs, hospitals and universities...or the many scientists doing the tests....or many in the public...

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:31 pm

see what they said about Randi? ----from NSA's Stargate files on Randi----DIA report on the James Randi use of 'plants' in experiments - 1983

"Thus, it is apparent that Mr. Randi has presented an extremely one-sided view of this hoax attempt. He even claims that all parapsychological research is of , questionable value. Most TV and press coverage thus far also reflect these views. As a result, the general public is given highly biased perspectives of this research area in general. This could generate negative reactions toward all parapsychological research, even for those laboratories where controls are tight and where unsolicited subjects are not accepted.

It is clear Mr. Randi is solely interested in promoting his image as a clever magician, and in enhancing his career as a showman, at the expense of reporting accuracy. The use of tactics involving "plants" raises significant ethical issues as well."
------------------^^^-He even claims that all parapsychological research is of questionable value.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:22 am

gorgeous wrote:he (Matthew Ellard) marks out my posts...sign of fear...
I also mark "Carry On" movies and "Dumb and Dumber" movies. That's because I love laughing at pure stupidity.

That's why I mark your posts Gorgeous. :D

Haven't you ever leaned back and wondered why you have never found one convert on this forum, in five years, but every member laughs at you continuously?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:26 am

gorgeous wrote:see what they said about Randi? ----from NSA's Stargate files on Randi----DIA report on the James Randi use of 'plants' in experiments - 1983
Provide a link to this Stargate document published by the National Security Agency. You have been asked five times to do this and I don't believe any such document exists.

I think you are really saying "My remote viewer guru remote viewed such a paper" and that's your only evidence.

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:27 am

were these laughing?----The work in psychoenergetics at SRI has been replicated by several laboratories:
~ Remote Viewing (ESP)

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:28 am

Military use of Remote Viewing & the CIA FOIA documents

www.remoteviewed.com/remote_viewing_his ... litary.htm

The CIA then through its FOIA system released 12,000 files totaling 89,000 pages ... and useful STARGATE documents released through the FOIA from the CIA.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:31 am

gorgeous wrote:Military use of Remote Viewing & the CIA FOIA documents
http://www.remoteviewed.com/remote_viewing_his ... litary.htm

"James Randi" does not appear anywhere in this link.

You fabricated the entire story.

Why do you lie and tell so many fibs, all the time?

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:39 pm

-------seth-------"An event foreseen through precognition or clairvoyance, a future event, may or may not actually occur within time as you know it. For you are seeing into probabilities, and the probable event may or may not occur, within your time system."
Session 226, Page 229

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:36 pm

gorgeous wrote:-------seth-------"An event foreseen through precognition or clairvoyance, a future event, may or may not actually occur within time as you know it. For you are seeing into probabilities, and the probable event may or may not occur, within your time system."
Session 226, Page 229

...but the IPU will know what happened...

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:02 pm

gorgeous wrote:-------seth-------"An event foreseen through precognition or clairvoyance, a future event, may or may not actually occur within time as you know it. For you are seeing into probabilities, and the probable event may or may not occur, within your time system." Session 226, Page 229

Gorgeous, Be a good fellow and explain this hilarious post.

You are claiming a fictional alien creature, "Seth" contacted by an alcoholic clairvoyant, is your best supporting evidence for "remote viewing" while running away from all the complete failures by the remote viewers you have actually posted on the forum. :lol:

Are you trying to get your own vignette in "Dumb and Dumber III"?
:lol:

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:39 pm

OlegTheBatty
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:03 pm

. . . and people laughed at me when I invented the word 'gullibulati'. I sit vindicated!
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

LogicalSceptic

Postby LogicalSceptic » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:40 pm

Nothing scientific here. More deception.

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:28 pm

methodology at work....scientists have proven it is real....

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:17 am

gorgeous wrote:methodology at work....scientists have proven it is real....
Nope Gorgeous. Remember that you posted a fake CIA document that said, "the scientists are named in another document."

What are these scientist's names?

Why do you post so many fake stories?
:lol:

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:55 am

gorgeous
Persistent Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:05 am

a remote viewer saw mobs going through barriers and tear gas used at what may be the inauguration of Trump....and what seems to be the British lizard queen wandering the halls with dementia and what may be an image of her dying...hmmm...she has been absent recently from events...

Poodle
Has More Than 7K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:36 am

STOP PRESS

90-year-old British woman stays indoors with heavy cold.

In other news, it has been reported that the Earth has a moon.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:24 am

gorgeous wrote:a remote viewer saw mobs going through barriers and tear gas used at what may be the inauguration of Trump....and what seems to be the British lizard queen wandering the halls with dementia and what may be an image of her dying...hmmm...she has been absent recently from events...

Can you link us to this remote viewer? I want to see if it one of the "remote viewing" con-artists I have already debunked earlier and that's why you avoided providing a link.

Frankly the Russian SVR/KGB have already set the program event for Trump's inauguration, so it's faster to just ask them what will happen. :D

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:30 am

gorgeous wrote:and what seems to be the British lizard queen wandering the halls with dementia and what may be an image of her dying...

"Queen attends church service at Sandringham"
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... andringham

Your "remote viewers" have totally failed yet again. HRH, the Queen, is fine and gave a talk. Why can't your con-artist "remote viewers" get anything right? :lol:

Poodle
Has More Than 7K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:09 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
gorgeous wrote:and what seems to be the British lizard queen wandering the halls with dementia and what may be an image of her dying...

Your "remote viewers" have totally failed yet again. HRH, the Queen, is fine and gave a talk. Why can't your con-artist "remote viewers" get anything right? :lol:

Never allow a simple fact to get in the way of simplistic creative fairy-story makers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:25 am

Poodle wrote:Never allow a simple fact to get in the way of simplistic creative fairy-story makers.

Statistically, there is something weird going on here. Gorgeous's remote viewers have never made a correct prediction. Statistically they should have got one hit by now. :D

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:26 am

Gord wrote:Once more, someone accuses a non-believer of being "afraid" of the nonsense that's actually being laughed at. Why hasn't the "you're just afraid" tactic been added to the list of logical fallacies yet? Or has it? It sure seems to get used a lot.

I think there's already one that incorporates it.

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:39 am

Poodle wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

Never allow a simple fact to get in the way of simplistic creative fairy-story makers.

"Don't get hung up on these minor facts. Truth is about more than that, truth is a feeling in your gut that you know is true! Truth is searching for anything that proves you're right no matter how small, and holding on to that, no matter what." - some fictional nut

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”