Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Shen1986
Veteran Poster

Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Shen1986 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:00 am

Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look:

Found a nice little story on a forum called Paranormalis. I decided to have a look at it. The story is here: http://paranormalis.com/threads/remote- ... ones.6813/

So lets start:

1. Problem: The forum is a pro paranormal forum: Think outside the mind is their motto and a grey alien their logo.

The topics discussed are: from Time Travel Discussion to Ghosts, Aliens, future predictions, doomsday and signs of the end times, Mysticism, Metaphysics, Psychic abilites, etc. Look here: http://paranormalis.com/

2. Problem: Here is the story which has many flaws and can be easily debunked:

Carl Miller wrote:i was attending my last year at high school before entering college, it's been some time.
We had a Literature teacher who impressed us for his intelligence. Since he was extremely ugly and fat students named him German Pig.
This teacher was also a lawyer and interested in psychical phenomena.
The owner of a very large library. He had always been very close to my family and i used to practise meditation in his house on the weekends.
He proposed an experiment on mental projection (remote viewing). It was a Saturday afternoon.
I was supposed to travel to one of my colleague's house (German Pig's student) and see what he (Heleno- my collegue) was doing at that time.
So i did (mentally). I saw my colleague looking for his headphones high and low and he could not find them.
That's what i reported to the teacher that as a flight controller brought me back from the altered state i was.

To my surprise my teacher German Pig told me- 'Let's go to Heleno's house right now'.
Well, we did. We rang the bell and Heleno showed up a little bit stupified (in our ordinary worl).
Heleno told us= 'Did you ring the bell just half an hour ago?'= Gee! Our teacher negated.
Heleno replied= 'Funny, it seemed to me to have heard the bell ringing.' Then i realized that somehow, through intuition Heleno had sensed my mental presence in his house.
Our teacher asked him= 'What were you doing at about half an hour ago? Heleno replied= 'i was searching my headphones, high and low.'
The following Monday night, there we were together for another Literature class with the 'pig'.
And to my embarassment he told the class about our experiment and Heleno confirmed before the whole class. Every body clapped hands and i felt completely ashamed.

Taken from: http://paranormalis.com/threads/remote- ... ones.6813/

The problems here are these:

A. The teacher was a believer:

Carl Miller wrote:This teacher was also a lawyer and interested in psychical phenomena.

B. The person who had the RV knew the teacher and even his house from where he left:

Carl Miller wrote:The owner of a very large library. He had always been very close to my family and i used to practise meditation in his house on the weekends.

C. The person was looking for a normal thing, nothing strange. This can be a educated guess and it was his colleague, we do not know how close they were but as his colleague he could know his habits and even his house where he lived:

Carl Miller wrote:I was supposed to travel to one of my colleague's house (German Pig's student) and see what he (Heleno- my collegue) was doing at that time.
So i did (mentally). I saw my colleague looking for his headphones high and low and he could not find them.
That's what i reported to the teacher that as a flight controller brought me back from the altered state i was.

D. Heleno is also strange and they knew him because they visited him and knew where he lived. I think if they were not friends then they would not visit him so fast:

Carl Miller wrote:To my surprise my teacher German Pig told me- 'Let's go to Heleno's house right now'.
Well, we did. We rang the bell and Heleno showed up a little bit stupified (in our ordinary worl).
Heleno told us= 'Did you ring the bell just half an hour ago?'= Gee! Our teacher negated.
Heleno replied= 'Funny, it seemed to me to have heard the bell ringing.' Then i realized that somehow, through intuition Heleno had sensed my mental presence in his house.
Our teacher asked him= 'What were you doing at about half an hour ago? Heleno replied= 'i was searching my headphones, high and low.'

So in a nutshell even when Heleno was a skeptic he would have no chance against two believers already.

3. Problem: The thread then turns into skeptic and debunking bashing. Not very good to make people believe in your stuff and telling that you even got death threads from skeptics?? Hmm very unlikely because mostly believers or other people do this. I have not heard of skeptics doing this but I heard that many believers who believe in strange things do these things:

HDRKID wrote:People often view paranormal phenomena, but are often discouraged from reporting it. This is due to a lack of perceived public support and a fear of ridicule from debunkers who like to make fun of others.

Debunkers will often claim that the victim of a paranormal phenomenon is crazy. Afterwards, they will go on an attack and destroy the reputation of the victim as well as causing loss of employment and social standing.

Most skeptics take a very hostile attitude toward people with views other than their very own. I personally have had death threats made against me.

4. Problem: The author of the RV experience agrees with HDRKID and also is quite psychically down, his wife died and just one posting brings him to tears? He posted on NDERF a woo site run by woo people which was already discussed a million of times. So he is a hard believer and became one thanks to the death of his wife. Also he is wrong options are NOT only options. This is not true. If there is no evidence for some strange belief then it is no option but pointing out that it can have been different and no need to jump to the paranormal:

Carl Miller wrote:You comment led me to tears. My loved wife died tragically in Oct 2010. The dramatic episode was transformative enough to change my most rooted creeds. Since then my heart opened to a different aproach into love and life. For the first time i knew what compassion means. In 2011 i decided to let my feelings show and disclose my psychic experiences on nderf.org. By the end of the year 2011 i had had more than 50thousands visits from people all over the world. Skeptics appeared to poke fun and debunk. I was called all the names of foul language. But i was happy to receive messages from people who told they had learned something from my posts. Now i do not mind what people say. Opinions only opinions and nothing more. Thank you very much you got to me i am in tears.

NDERF. Org:

Please Share Your NDE - We really need more for research! Click Here.
6/5/14 It's here! God's Fingerprints: Impressions of the Near Death Experience edited by Jody Long. This is a book that fills a niche for those who don't have access to the internet, for teaching classes, or as a gift to someone who is grieving, interested in the afterlife, or grappling with issues of dying. Click here for more information.

Taken from: http://www.nderf.org/

NDERF.org: http://www.nderf.org/

Conclusion: The whole story is just a story which can be easily explained and with no problem. No need for magic or paranormal powers. It is sad what happens to people and that they change their views completely thanks to a loss but this happens. Also I think now how a typical believer looks like who falls into this. When someone losses someone then he jumps into these things to find comfort and hope. This is why the woo is so popular.
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

Tonietony

Re: Remote Viewing -Where are my headphones? Skeptical look

Postby Tonietony » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:20 pm

This is a very nice story folks. There are some incongruences and many links attach Heleno, Carl Miller and the teacher. And this is the weakest part of the story. Yet there are some factoids that give some weight to the credibility of the story: the simple direct frank way in which it was told.
Emotionalism itself alone would not have the power to debunk or demonize the whole story. The liss of a beloved one has no influence since Carl told he had the experience when he was 19years old.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:25 am

We have idiots posting "remote Viewing" videos on our very own forum.

Essentially the videos are full of "simultaneous" explanations, using the old cold reading trick. Additionally the facts presented by the cold viewers are simply wrong.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=26838#p531191

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:36 pm

and all subjects on science sites aren't biased....yeah right...remote viewers are trained and their results have been verified
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Tonietony

Postby Tonietony » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:27 pm

i may have something worth posting for this website. It is the true debunking of that Betty and Barney Hill Abduction HOAX. i am sorry. I respect the poster, but the debunking of a Carl Miller looks more like that boring process of the Simpson Trial. The worst is that the poster in the agony of his attacks started demonizing the person- Carl Miller for the simple fact that the poster hated that Carl Miller could have had a loss of his wife. This is gossiping and it is far from being a real debunking. So, it s best we log off our computers and turn on the TV to watch the next episode of 'The Usurper'.
One has to pay attention when one ventures into debunking. Carl Miller was on his last year of hight school before entering college. He was not married yet. For heaven's sake. I am sorry but this post is too bad!

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:33 pm

debunkers are biased already...they already decided it must be debunked...the Hill case was real..they were traumatized...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:40 pm

Tonietony wrote:i may have something worth posting for this website.

Lets see what it is...

It is the true debunking of that Betty and Barney Hill Abduction HOAX. i am sorry. I respect the poster, but the debunking of a Carl Miller looks more like that boring process of the Simpson Trial. The worst is that the poster in the agony of his attacks started demonizing the person- Carl Miller for the simple fact that the poster hated that Carl Miller could have had a loss of his wife. This is gossiping and it is far from being a real debunking. So, it s best we log off our computers and turn on the TV to watch the next episode of 'The Usurper'.
One has to pay attention when one ventures into debunking. Carl Miller was on his last year of hight school before entering college. He was not married yet. For heaven's sake. I am sorry but this post is too bad!

Testimony of yet another reading comprehension challenged and exaggerating patronizer?
Hi, Io the lurker.

Tonietony

Postby Tonietony » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:56 pm

The problem is that from the beginning the subject of the post is an extremely weak point. Something someone comes across while browsing the internet? Can not you see how many trashy things like this one can be found on the internet?
Perhaps all this beating about the bush over triffles would serve for one purpose. This specific case highlighting a person beyong the matter. What the poster did was only merchandize. Advs. for Paranormalis forum discussion website.
And attacking the person who may have connections on the internet whose posts can even be registered. Someone who may have a family in the States, someone who may have teen age sons or daughters, who might have lost his or her mother.
Do you consider it as normal someone who may be active on the internet, who may have connections inthe political or economical field having his name thrown to the trash?
I think that what the poster did was mean for the fact he browsed deep cattering here and there elements to demonize a person who i insist has his rights, as you have yours.
The first thing i did when i signed up for this website was reading the do's and don'ts.
Now, do you think it is right to demonize and active participant on the internet.
Let's suppose one gets tired to persecute this Carl Miller. Then he may start perhaps searching for another one to release his frustations away. It may be me, next time. What do you think?
So, i take it all as a gossiping issue. Something like those saccharine soap operas!
And if you are inclined to support the poster. That will do. Since he throws the stone and he is not bold enough to stay and listen for a while.

Tonietony

Postby Tonietony » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:07 pm

by gorgeous » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:33 pm

debunkers are biased already...they already decided it must be debunked...the Hill case was real..they were traumatized...

No, no . I am afraid you have also been deceived.

it was a simply terrestrial kidnapping.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:09 pm

Ah, a crusader for a "clean" and one-sided internet. Dragging up an old post from June 2014 to highlight it in August 2016. Interesting... :nuts:

(...btw, you can click on the icon in user's posts for them to be quoted in your reply. As for Shen, here's some information for the newcomer: Shen has recently reported being extremely busy in RL and is currently hard pressed for spare time. However, I'm fairly certain he'll respond eventually. He normally does.

And welcome to the fray. :-P)
Last edited by scrmbldggs on Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Tonietony

Postby Tonietony » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Allright!
It is a matter that has intrigued me for a long time. I followed the case closely and even read John Fuller's book. Then an insider appeared and he had a hard time convincing me it had been only a kidnapping. I was perplexed. The kidnapping took place in 1961. Apparently all knowledge was taken through hypnosis. The night of Spt,20 returning from Canada and there were two hours lost. Barney Hill, the black man, had a double job and because of one of them he was being investigated by certain authorities without being able to discover what he wanted until finally they cleaned break and they kidnapped him to get the information.

Tonietony

Postby Tonietony » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:36 pm

Ah, a crusader for a "clean" and one-sided internet. Dragging up an old post from June 2014 to highlight it in August 2016. Interesting... :nuts:

it may be a strategy to let out my story of the Hill's kidnapping!

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Well, not to be rude, but Barney Hill is kinda off-topic. The only one who brought him up in this thread is you? Little diversion tactic going on?

Anywho, here are two links to discussions about good old Barney (there might be more),

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25005&p=443978#p443978

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25608&p=529902l#p529902

who seems to have been quite the character... from the second link:

"The interesting thing is that Barney Hill actually did claim to be anally probed, but because that claim was not included in The Interrupted Journey (1965), the account by John G. Fuller of the hypnotic regression he performed on the Hills, this claim was not generally known until a 1965 report by NICAP investigator Walter Webb was popularized much later...

:heh:
Hi, Io the lurker.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi, Io the lurker.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:52 pm

Tonietony wrote:Allright!
It is a matter that has intrigued me for a long time. I followed the case closely and even read John Fuller's book. Then an insider appeared and he had a hard time convincing me it had been only a kidnapping. I was perplexed. The kidnapping took place in 1961. Apparently all knowledge was taken through hypnosis. The night of Spt,20 returning from Canada and there were two hours lost. Barney Hill, the black man, had a double job and because of one of them he was being investigated by certain authorities without being able to discover what he wanted until finally they cleaned break and they kidnapped him to get the information.

Oh, and I forgot. I think there's a subforum tailored just to you, Tonietony: viewforum.php?f=72

yw
Hi, Io the lurker.

Tonietony

Postby Tonietony » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:57 pm

Noit was not a UFO but an advanced helicopter, of intense black color, it launches missiles and there were not extraterrestrials in it, only fake ones, but the operation was commanded exclusively by humans weeks before. And what they saw was produced by gases which are used in these cases to produce hallucinations. These hallucinations can also can be induced.

And...least but not last == Military personnel, the occupants of the fake UFO, were wearing ET disguises, masks.. to cheat the Hills.
Last edited by Tonietony on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:58 pm

:| Q.E.D.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Tonietony

Postby Tonietony » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:05 pm

by scrmbldggs » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Well, not to be rude, but Barney Hill is kinda off-topic. The only one who brought him up in this thread is you? Little diversion tactic going on?

Barney Hill is kinda off-topic. I wonder what would have been the topic. Funny i sign up for a network filled with supposed debunkers after coming across a "deadly" attack on an old poster on the internet called Carl Miller. I try to reason with the member and they sweep me away with just a sentence= ....'this is off the topic'. 'it was you who brought the topic'.
Eventually they defend their brother in arms and dismisses me without a mere 'goodbye'.

You wish to survive on the internet having fun. In your debunking activity have conscientiousness. Remember that you may be having fun to the disadvantage of other people.
I reason this way, I post on the internet and have friends. I may not buy everything my friends post. But i do not like it to see a the life of one of my friends thrown into the trash as you did in Carl Miller case. Do not do that, folks.
Tomorrow the one you put to ashes may be the one who will help you. Be humble and stop playing the cruel 'debunker'.

Only one thing before i leave. You know there are some posters on the internet who are autists. Yes. I said it. Be careful. ou know Messi, the soccer player is an autist. But he is good. They have their own way of posting, they may sound sentimental and so on. i dont want to put my finger on it. Be careful, people!
-I am gonna keep an eye on this website, Ok?
-i want to make sure that this will never repeat. That a moderator, someone will resolve the issue and let's have peace.
-Game is over while no one is being hurt! GOODBYE"
Last edited by Tonietony on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:17 pm

Again, it's easier to use (and read) the quote button...

Tonietony wrote:by scrmbldggs » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Barney Hill is kinda off-topic. I wonder what would have been the topic. Funny i sign up for a network filled with supposed debunkers after coming across a "deadly" attack on an old poster on the internet called Carl Miller. I try to reason with the member and they sweep me away with just a sentence= ....'this is off the topic'. 'it was you who brought the topic'.
Eventually they defend their brother in arms and dismisses me without a mere 'goodbye'.

What are you going on about? I engaged and gave links and even directed you to a subforum which might discuss your concerns much more adequately than this one.

And the only thing that was attacked here was an old post/topic by an apparently paranoid old poster?
Hi, Io the lurker.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:28 pm

OK, I see you added more to your last post after I quoted it:

Tonietony wrote:You wish to survive on the internet having fun. In your debunking activity have conscientiousness. Remember that you may be having fun to the disadvantage of other people.
I reason this way, I post on the internet and have friends. I may not buy everything my friends post. But i do not like it to see a the life of one of my friends thrown into the trash as you did in Carl Miller case. Do not do that, folks.
Tomorrow the one you put to ashes may be the one who will help you. Be humble and stop playing the cruel 'debunker'.

Just as with your own posting, everyone should be careful about what they make available for public access and use.

I agree that rudeness is not necessary, but one cannot expect to be unconditionally accepted everywhere and by everyone. And AFAIK, free speech still is just that - free speech.

Wanna see an example: You get to use your right to it here to make unfounded accusations about other users here...

ETA: And more was added. Quoted for posterity:

Tonietony wrote:Only one thing before i leave. You know there are some posters on the internet who are autists. Yes. I said it. Be careful. ou know Messi, the soccer player is an autist. But he is good. They have their own way of posting, they may sound sentimental and so on. i dont want to put my finger on it. Be careful, people!
-I am gonna keep an eye on this website, Ok?
-i want to make sure that this will never repeat. That a moderator, someone will resolve the issue and let's have peace.
-Game is over while no one is being hurt! GOODBYE"

If you'd stick around you'd find out we have our own share of such posters. Some are longtime members.
Hi, Io the lurker.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:42 am

Tonietony wrote:Only one thing before i leave. You know there are some posters on the internet who are autists. Yes. I said it.
It doesn't matter if the person who sets out their evidence is autistic, average or Albert Einstein. It's the evidence that matters.

Tonietony wrote:I am gonna keep an eye on this website, Ok?
Good for you.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:20 pm

. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:14 pm

Tonietony wrote:by gorgeous » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:33 pm

No, no . I am afraid you have also been deceived.

it was a simply terrestrial kidnapping.

---------by humans? no....they put the needle in her navel to get her eggs...something humans didn't do until decades later....the alien waved his hand over here eyes to stop the pain....let's see you do that.....they became fascinated by Barney's false teeth and tried to find out if hers were false....

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:10 pm

Spoiler:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:04 am

gorgeous wrote:by humans? no....they put the needle in her navel to get her eggs...something humans didn't do until decades later...
You really are a total idiot. Egg recovery during IVF is not through a woman's navel. Eggs are nowhere near a woman's navel.
egg-retrieval.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:44 pm

they did it thru the navel

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:48 am

gorgeous wrote:they did it thru the navel
Gorgeous, you are an elderly bloke from the David Icke forum, who has adopted a female identity here.

Female eggs are nowhere near the navel. You claim that IVF doctors remove eggs via the navel as aliens did so earlier, which is clearly insane and has no connection with reality or female bodies.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:57 am

S/he's talking about amnicentesis and conflating it with imaginary egg robbery. I told ya, even ultrasound was scary back then... :roll:
Hi, Io the lurker.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:01 am

scrmbldggs wrote:She's talking about amnicentesis and conflating it with egg robbery. I told ya, even ultrasound was scary back then... :roll:

I know that. Gorgeous is displaying a remarkable lack of knowledge about female anatomy and medical procedures. He's obviously never had children. :D

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:06 am

I wonder how a doctor's visit with a normal examination goes down with that one. Probably freaks out when an otoscope gets near them. :lol:
Hi, Io the lurker.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Tonietony

Postby Tonietony » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:11 pm

You kid about the possibility Barney could have been annally inspected. Last time i went to see my urologist i started bragging about the possibility the anal message would not occur.
"Thankfully i won't be going through that horrible fingering, Doctor". I said triumphantly.
He replied: "No way, Tony" "I am an old fashioned doctor" "Lay down" "No blood exams".

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:03 pm

What secret(ion)s do you think the military expected to find up Barney's bum?
Hi, Io the lurker.

Tonietony

Postby Tonietony » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:47 pm

Remember Betty Hill told in hypnosis that she saw an ET wearing a military cap or hat. A cloud of gas and their head began fantasizing being abducted by real ETs. What did the military want to extract from them? This is a skeptic website Do you expect me to give the info away so easily to be debunked by a hundred. Do not you tend to negate everything? One must be careful.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:08 pm

OK, but why won't you take all that to the "Conspiracies" subforum I had already linked to (viewforum.php?f=72) but instead keep going here in the "UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal" section - because of your friend?

(Or because PSA was developed at the Roswell Park hospital? :heh:)
Hi, Io the lurker.

Tonietony

Postby Tonietony » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:56 am

Ok.. No. I am already through with the episode involving my friend. Some things i still do not understand. Perhaps you may help me know what do you mean by being a sceptic. It is the same as a nihilist. Someone that negates even the air he she breathes? Ok let s go to wherever you want me to post.

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:47 am

gorgeous wrote:....they put the needle in her navel to get her eggs...something humans didn't do until decades later...

:D

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:award:

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:54 am

Tonietony wrote:Perhaps you may help me know what do you mean by being a sceptic. It is the same as a nihilist.

A skeptic is someone who listens, read about, or is presented with a claim, and then, by using other confirmed good evidence and the application of a range of critical thinking skills, assess the validity of that claim.

The original claim, being assessed, may range from a specific technical scientific claim, with hard evidence, to a completely spurious claim about UFOs or ESP, where no evidence is offered at all.

On this forum, you will generally see new people making claims and the old hands, applying skeptic critical thinking skills to that claim.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:36 pm

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:03 am

gorgeous wrote:more remote viewing crap
Gorgeous? Be a good bloke and explain to all of us how the Farsight institute got EgyptAir Flight 804 so wrong?

They said it crashed on land. It didn't.
They said it was hit by a missile and high energy beam. It wasn't.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=26838#p531191

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”