Graham Nicholls OBE a skeptical look

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Mara
Poster

Re: Graham Nicholls OBE a skeptical look

Postby Mara » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:45 am

Gorgeous, I will write this for the last time because I am a patient, reasonable person. I have signed up to this forum in hopes for having intelligent and stimulating conversations with individuals who have at least a bare minimum understanding of philosophy, sciences, psychology or humanities...

There is no mind the way you are trying to comprehend it, which is a very simple way. The mind is simply the brain activity, just like OBEs, they are not objectively measurable, they occur within the brain activity, within the mind. Do you understand a difference between a body that has a brain activity and one that does not? I asked you that several times now...

OBEs are within the mind, they are brain activity, they are not real, they are an interpretation of an internal environment such as imagination, unprocessed conflicts etc. and sensory input by a person who really wants to believe something that was never there. That is why people like Nicholls hold desperately to marginal results that are within error rate.
I really think you should have a look at philosophy of science and definition of evidence. Judging by your comments I don't think you have that basic knowledge. If there was 80% (8 out 10) replicability of predicting future events such lottery numbers for instance, where the probability is very low, no one, I ensure you NO ONE would say it was a just luck or a miracle. Do you understand the difference between marginal results and 80% hit rate? - I genuinely wonder if you do?
The reality is Gorgeous, that people like Nicholls can't get it correctly even once. All he can do is tell us stories and his intellectual private pondering of something that has allegedly happened but he cannot produce any evidence for it, just like Buhlman or Campbell for that mater. We live in an era of internet, you tube etc. it would be very easy to record oneself having an OBE, predict lottery numbers, post it, you tube would register the date of the posting and then wait and see if it happens for the humanity to have the evidence. Why cannot any of them demonstrate it to us?

The fact is Gorgeous, and that is something that becomes obvious through academic studies that are based on verifiable experimental data and working in the eras of psychology, counselling, behavioural sciences that human beings have difficulties handling the understanding that reality is for the most part meaningless and quite cruel. It is a survival behaviour to believe in things that make us feel better, especially those who had experienced traumatic life events. Those individuals particularly need to hold onto something of higher meaning to get any sense of empowerment, because they cannot get it form their actual past. It's a simple Darwinism, nothing more. That is a difference between an emotionally mature person and somebody gullible. Positive psychology was the best and the worst thing that could have happened to humanity.

Unless you are willing to put some time and intellectual efforts in understanding of what have been said here I will not be responding to your circular questions any more. I would really like to chat with individuals who have some basic actual knowledge not just beliefs of personal accounts that they cannot produce any meaningful evidence for.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:03 am

Mara wrote:I am wondering if anyone here has had any interest in Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff's work?...

Check out this topic. Using the search function to comb through Shen's posts and various subforums would most likely also prove fruitful. 8-)

ETA The user "zeuzzz" sadly expired a little over a year ago.

Lard, save me from your followers.

Mara
Poster

Postby Mara » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:20 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Mara wrote:I am wondering if anyone here has had any interest in Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff's work?...

Check out this topic. Using the search function to comb through Shen's posts and various subforums would most likely also prove fruitful. 8-)

ETA The user "zeuzzz" sadly expired a little over a year ago.

Thanks, the topic of time as a continuum of discrete events/frames is something that has interested me for a long time. Particularly, in regards to what occurs in between the 'conscious frames'!

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:53 am

I really don't know much about such, but to me it seems there wouldn't be an "in between" but only the unchanging canvass on which all is displayed.

Mara
Poster

Postby Mara » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:19 am

I think I heard him say it is a little bit like when a person has a car accident, say, finds themselves in a rolling car, and the adrenaline rush boosts the attention spam which in this case is seen as the tool (the skill of attention/focus) to expend the coverage of the conscious experience... people seem to account many details in a short period of time in such adrenaline enhanced state, to the point of feeling a sensation of, as if, the time has slowed down (I think this is in comparison to the usual way they perceive time passing). As humans we cannot hold such level of focus normally (unless you get on steroids!) but apparently those experienced meditators can... they essentially say that there is another way of accessing such extended coverage independently from the adrenaline chemical by practice of one's quality of focus. Then, he takes it further by saying they do it so well that they report observing (while in the deep state of meditation) 'flickering' - I think these suppose to be some form of a threshold or a boundry in between conscious moments. The deep meditation suppose to be the one's awareness observing one's mind...

Going with this, the reality may as well be a wholistic canvas but we just do not see most of it. I used to think that was why people who practiced mindfulness meditation would report having a 'reacher experience' of life as they literally would perceive more detail in every moment. You would feel your life is longer in duration if you account more details, you feel more present in your life if it is done consciously. Not that it changes anything other than maybe adds to a bit more meaning to a person's life... If anything it would make it for a good detective! ;-)

Saying that I wonder about existence of those 'flickerings' in the first place!

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:36 am

Mara wrote:Gorgeous, I will write this for the last time because I am a patient, reasonable person. I have signed up to this forum in hopes for having intelligent and stimulating conversations with individuals who have at least a bare minimum understanding of philosophy, sciences, psychology or humanities...

We do get a lot of lunatics and lonely people who pick up themes, as an excuse to troll.

We have one lunatic here who has different sock puppet names such as "Matt MSV7" "Omniverse" "Anthony" and "Kamil" and he will focus on different claims according to which sock puppet name he us using. Currently, as "Kamil" he claims Jesus must be real as more people see Jesus in NDEs than any other god. When we pointed out that Jesus didn't have blue eyes, blond hair and therefore was a modern western image and not a 1st century Palestinian Jew, he simply got confused as he thought Jesus really did look like Max Von Sydow in the Greatest Story ever told

This proves the rule than you can be both mad and an idiot at the same time.
:D
max-von-sydow-greateststory-2.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mara
Poster

Postby Mara » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:45 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Mara wrote:Gorgeous, I will write this for the last time because I am a patient, reasonable person. I have signed up to this forum in hopes for having intelligent and stimulating conversations with individuals who have at least a bare minimum understanding of philosophy, sciences, psychology or humanities...

We do get a lot of lunatics and lonely people who pick up themes, as an excuse to troll.

We have one lunatic here who has different sock puppet names such as "Matt MSV7" "Omniverse" "Anthony" and "Kamil" and he will focus on different claims according to which sock puppet name he us using. Currently, as "Kamil" he claims Jesus must be real as more people see Jesus in NDEs than any other god. When we pointed out that Jesus didn't have blue eyes, blond hair and therefore was a modern western image and not a 1st century Palestinian Jew, he simply got confused as he thought Jesus really did look like Max Von Sydow in the Greatest Story ever told

This proves the rule than you can be both mad and an idiot at the same time.
:D
max-von-sydow-greateststory-2.jpg

I can TOTALLY imagine...thanks for the heads up tho. I usually say to those people 'The first step to spiritual enlightenment is dropping illusions... you have a long way to go!' lol

I can actually talk about some things that are very out there to play round with concepts etc., but I do not tolarate people who don't know much yet have a lot to say. It takes effort to grow one's intellectual capacity, there are no shortcuts.

I once gave a go the OBE forums by Robert Bruce and that was TERRIBLE, a mental health unit! People making assumptions about every possible religious story there was, witchcraft etc. lol I ran away very quickly!

Mara
Poster

Postby Mara » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:46 am

P.S. Jesus was Korean, don't they know that? ;-p

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:52 am

even scientists say they don't know where the mind is...but mara does it seems...the only person on the planet who does.....interesting...the mind is not the brain activity...people out of body are fully conscious....it seems you are obsessed with your own beliefs and refuse to study the reality....Whitley Strieber had an obe , visited a friend and woke that person who remembered it in the morning....it's real...
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Mara
Poster

Postby Mara » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:06 am

Where do you get this stuff from? Nexus? Mainstream scientists know very well were the mind is because they know that 'mind' is a constructed term for neuronal activity that can be detected by scans like fMRI. There is no 'mind 'the simple way you are trying to see it. The same way you cannot see electricity but you can measure it's current.

Please get some basic education honey. This really is not a place for you. I feel like I have to keep going backwards 15 years to answer your questions. This topic is one of the first chapters of first subject at university for psych and that is where you are at. Have you thought of giving Robert Bruce's OBE forum a go? You will find many people like you there.

Mara
Poster

Postby Mara » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:10 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Mara, to Gorgeous, wrote:Can you please point me to the research that shows people have in fact experienced OBEs as an objective phenomena?
You won't get any coherent answer from Gorgeous. Gorgeous was a cult member of he late 1960s "Seth the wise alien spirit" channelling cult created by Jane Roberts. Like all remaining members of that cult, Gorgeous is in his 70s and quite senile. He simply copies and pastes rubbish from the cult's website.

Gorgeous's posts are limited to drive by propaganda, repeating "Seth is real", "Alien Lizard overlords are real", "The illuminati is real", "remote viewing is real" and so on. Gorgeous doesn't know what half these claims even mean anymore and will never go into more depth.

I don't think we have had anything new or even a newly structured sentence from Gorgeous, for almost five years.

Gorgeous wrote:Seth has said we have multiple selves in other dimensions, all part of us...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28815&p=620611&hilit=seth#p620611

Gorgeous wrote:planets don't exist ...an illusion ---------Seth-----"Your planetary systems exist at once, simultaneously, both in time and in space.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28955&p=621572&hilit=seth#p621572

Gorgeous wrote:Seth has said everything has consciousness...even a table...all part of God ...so it makes sense....

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28341&p=620323&hilit=seth#p620323

Gorgeous wrote:Seth took over Jane Robert's body to speak with her vocal chords...and when people have nde's at times they have seen low grade spirits take over the bodies of drunks

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=28765&p=613470&hilit=seth#p613470

Gorgeous is kept here by the skeptics because, sometimes he says something so stupid, it is incredibly funny.

I missed that response. I am still learning to view the whole thread! I can totally see what you mean.... LOL I don't think Gorgeous is stupid just poorly educated and desperate. There is always hope for improvement if one tries :-)

Mara
Poster

Postby Mara » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:23 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Mara, to Gorgeous, wrote:Can you please point me to the research that shows people have in fact experienced OBEs as an objective phenomena?
You won't get any coherent answer from Gorgeous. Gorgeous was a cult member of he late 1960s "Seth the wise alien spirit" channelling cult created by Jane Roberts. Like all remaining members of that cult, Gorgeous is in his 70s and quite senile. He simply copies and pastes rubbish from the cult's website.

Gorgeous's posts are limited to drive by propaganda, repeating "Seth is real", "Alien Lizard overlords are real", "The illuminati is real", "remote viewing is real" and so on. Gorgeous doesn't know what half these claims even mean anymore and will never go into more depth.

I don't think we have had anything new or even a newly structured sentence from Gorgeous, for almost five years.

Gorgeous wrote:Seth has said we have multiple selves in other dimensions, all part of us...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28815&p=620611&hilit=seth#p620611

Gorgeous wrote:planets don't exist ...an illusion ---------Seth-----"Your planetary systems exist at once, simultaneously, both in time and in space.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=28955&p=621572&hilit=seth#p621572

Gorgeous wrote:Seth has said everything has consciousness...even a table...all part of God ...so it makes sense....

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28341&p=620323&hilit=seth#p620323

Gorgeous wrote:Seth took over Jane Robert's body to speak with her vocal chords...and when people have nde's at times they have seen low grade spirits take over the bodies of drunks

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=28765&p=613470&hilit=seth#p613470

Gorgeous is kept here by the skeptics because, sometimes he says something so stupid, it is incredibly funny.

Anyhooo, I find it mind blowing how William Buhlman and Graham Nicholls offer workshops that 'help' clients (who pay) to induce OBEs, and one of the first few hours of the workshops are dedicated to... bear with me...hypnosis i.e. they are putting their clients into deep relaxation and making suggestions that they will have OBEs along with suggestions of how those OBEs will feel to them... Are you with me guys?
I appricaite that people cannot be made believe in whatever they do not wish to through hypnosis but those clients want to believe it...It's a recipe for a disaster. We are truly on the way to Idiocracy :frown:

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:27 am

mara----- ----------Location of the mind remains a mystery | New Scientist

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... a-mystery/
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Mara
Poster

Postby Mara » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:34 am

gorgeous wrote:mara----- ----------Location of the mind remains a mystery | New Scientist

Are you sure that is the article you wanted to post, honey?

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:34 am

from ^article------
"Self-awareness and other high-level cognitive functions probably do not relate to the brain in a simple way, says Rudrauf. “They involve layers of abstraction and mechanisms that cannot be explained by standard functional-neuroanatomy.” He suggests that there are fundamental mechanisms yet to be discovered. “

Mara
Poster

Postby Mara » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:06 pm

He says 'Self-awareness and other high-level cognitive functions probably do not relate to the brain in a simple way," - Where in that sentence you see him saying ' Scientists believe in the mind but they cannot locate it '? You made a big leap there Gorgeous. Something tells me it's your problem generally.

Self-awareness in not the mind. This is where you are confused. Mind is a term used to explain what psychology focuses on, self awareness is about consciousness. Being aware is separate to remembering what your name is for example. Patients with dementia are aware but lose their mind.

Look up gestalt psychology (that is your mind stuff where OBEs are likely to sit)... and you may actually like work of Stuart Hameroff as he is a bit out there and explains the difference between the two, he calls self-awareness consciousness as it's based on a form of feedback. His work is highly theoretical as well but in your favour if w can put it that way.

Many mainstream scientists do not think there is such thing as a proper self-awareness but that our awareness is an emergent illusionary phenomena, we just think we are aware but we are actually not. In child psychology there are experiments that suggest it is about 6 months when a child starts to recognise own image in the mirror and that is understood as development of self-awareness, but honestly nobody can truly know what a 6 month old toddler thinks.

The scientist in that article must believe in self-awareness, it is a highly theoretical unsubstantiated belief till date.. that is why he is careful and uses words like 'probably' and 'suggests' Looking for the self-awareness is like looking for something that most likely does not exist at all.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:19 pm

you agree that there are multi dimensions as scientists have said and mystics have always known , yes?

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:51 pm

Mara wrote:I think I heard him say it is a little bit like when a person has a car accident, say, finds themselves in a rolling car, and the adrenaline rush boosts the attention spam which in this case is seen as the tool (the skill of attention/focus) to expend the coverage of the conscious experience... people seem to account many details in a short period of time in such adrenaline enhanced state, to the point of feeling a sensation of, as if, the time has slowed down (I think this is in comparison to the usual way they perceive time passing). As humans we cannot hold such level of focus normally (unless you get on steroids!) but apparently those experienced meditators can... they essentially say that there is another way of accessing such extended coverage independently from the adrenaline chemical by practice of one's quality of focus. Then, he takes it further by saying they do it so well that they report observing (while in the deep state of meditation) 'flickering' - I think these suppose to be some form of a threshold or a boundry in between conscious moments. The deep meditation suppose to be the one's awareness observing one's mind...

Going with this, the reality may as well be a wholistic canvas but we just do not see most of it.

Nah, unless there's malfunction, everything is recorded and processed - and then filtered. We would go bonkers if all was available. I think it's a typo, but "attention spam" is very fitting. And what's released is also delayed, so it's already "known" by the brain before becoming conscious to the I we think we are.

I used to think that was why people who practiced mindfulness meditation would report having a 'reacher experience' of life as they literally would perceive more detail in every moment. You would feel your life is longer in duration if you account more details, you feel more present in your life if it is done consciously. Not that it changes anything other than maybe adds to a bit more meaning to a person's life... If anything it would make it for a good detective! ;-)

Saying that I wonder about existence of those 'flickerings' in the first place!

I thought it was more of a stepping back and observing without emotion and "entanglement". A clearer perspective, if you will.

ETA I often perform best if I'm "not thinking" about it. It's as if my input interferes with the knowledge the brain has, and if that's left alone to do what's called for, it produces a better result. My brain is much smarter than I am. :-P

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:56 pm

You will find that most of us are interested in such conversations as well, but Gorgeous is our Wooist-in-Residence. She believes in every conspiracy ever formulated, every unproven supernatural phenomenon, and every claim of paranormal activity in existence, but she discards science as "fantasy."

She is wont to quote Seth, the alien Jane Roberts claimed to channel. She is incapable of writing in complete sentences; the ellipsis is her go-to punctuation, used for everything. She enthusiastically believes in chem trails, lizard people, a hollow Moon, the Illuminati, etc. She claims OBEs, NDEs, and remote viewing are real. She believes in ghosts, angels, and demons. She frequently quotes scientists out of context, believing the quotes support her claims. But worse than all that, she is a Trumpette. (Er...Trumpeter? Wait! I know; it's Trumpelstiltskin. :mrgreen: )

She never provides a shred of evidence for her claims. We generally either ignore her posts, make fun of them, or correct them for the record. But it isn't possible to reason with her; her beliefs hold the weight of facts in her mind.
"An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof."—Marcello Truzzi

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:06 pm

gorgeous wrote:even scientists say they don't know where the mind is...

Experimentation has proven that consciousness is created by the claustrum's ability to interconnect the various structures of the brain.

gorgeous wrote:it seems you are obsessed with your own beliefs and refuse to study the reality....

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."—Christopher Hitchens

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:09 pm

gorgeous wrote:mara----- ----------Location of the mind remains a mystery | New Scientist
Your link leads to a 1987 article on bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:09 pm

never said science is a fantasy...just limited to the physical missing the greater reality...and it was scientists saying they don't know where the mind is...sorry for the inconvenient truth....

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:14 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:We would go bonkers if all was available. I think it's a typo, but "attention spam" is very fitting.
It's perfect, eggs! In the midst of a car accident, the brain knows it doesn't need to pay attention to details irrelevant to the current, emergency situation. It catalogs them, but they escape conscious awareness.

We constantly ignore "attention spam" that doesn't relate to what we're doing in the moment, including nearly everything in our peripheral vision...unless there's movement, which activates the brain's evolutionary fight-or-flight process until we identify the movement as "not a threat."

I note that the posts of wooists constitute "attention spam." :P

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:17 pm

gorgeous wrote:never said science is a fantasy...just limited to the physical missing the greater reality...and it was scientists saying they don't know where the mind is...sorry for the inconvenient truth....
Reality IS physical, silly. Your statement isn't an inconvenient truth; it's a convenient fabrication.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:08 pm

Nikki Nyx wrote:...In the midst of a car accident, the brain knows it doesn't need to pay attention to details irrelevant to the current, emergency situation. It catalogs them, but they escape conscious awareness.

Concur. (However, the errant thought "What did I have for breakfast?" might make sense when your car goes into a wild spin. :-P)

We constantly ignore "attention spam" that doesn't relate to what we're doing in the moment, including nearly everything in our peripheral vision...unless there's movement, which activates the brain's evolutionary fight-or-flight process until we identify the movement as "not a threat."

I note that the posts of wooists constitute "attention spam." :P

:lol:

And I'd add that all that gathered subconscious info accounts for what they'd like to sell as psychic powers.

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:12 pm

Neuroscience has shown that we mostly can't even read our own minds, how in hell can we be expected to read someone else's?
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:16 pm

there is more than the physical....and the govt remote viewers were validated ...psychic abilities are real too...

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:38 pm

gorgeous wrote:there is more than the physical....and the govt remote viewers were validated ...psychic abilities are real too...

Are you hoping constantly repeating the same old claptrap will eventually make you believe it?

Mara
Poster

Postby Mara » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 am

gorgeous wrote:you agree that there are multi dimensions as scientists have said and mystics have always known , yes?

I am starting to think you are very unwell. Your ability to coherently interpret information is concerning. You see what you want to see not what is there, make huge leaps in assumptions. In a way people like you are the evidence to why Skeptics are correct- Here it is, in this thread.

I think, we will see addition to DSM of symptoms reflecting such behavior. There is such thing as delusions of grandeur but I think there needs to be more in the area of wishful thinking and how that impacts on cognitive processing.

Take care Gorgeous. I hope you are treated reasonably wherever you are.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:54 am

Mara wrote: Take care Gorgeous. I hope you are treated reasonably wherever you are.
He's in Pasadena, California. :D

Mara
Poster

Postby Mara » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:01 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Mara wrote: Take care Gorgeous. I hope you are treated reasonably wherever you are.

In a facility?

Mara
Poster

Postby Mara » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:13 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:

you know...his name and the profile picture...- to me that is a case of alter egos. I think the theory of sub-personalities formation due to unprocessed tensions' traumas and it's link to believing in having phenomena of OBE, UFO abductions etc. is looking promising. I am aware that psychology has been researching the theory of sub-personalities/alter egos but I think they need to hurry up as it's spreading like a virus... Something like 3,000 people came out in recent decade to ACERN saying that they are getting abducted by aliens, medical tests are being done on them, they are forced into sexual acts with reptilians, and that aliens are showing them dangers of environmental crisis...(interestingly the aliens do not seem to abduct the oil company directors or policy makers ;-) Anyhow, the current diagnostic manual does not have allowance for it! ...Perhaps, the time has come to officially acknowledge that religious/spiritual inclinations are, in fact, a mental health issue. Political correctness will not do any more.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:55 pm

yes, and missing pregnancies and miraculous healings by aliens that doctors can't explain have been documented.....it's real....why don't you treat yourself for your superiority complex and egoistic behavior mara?........btw...the dimensions are real too..... ----------Here's a Visual Guide to the 10 Dimensions of Reality - Ultraculture

https://ultraculture.org/blog/2014/12/1 ... s-reality/

Dec 16, 2014 - According to superstring theory, there are at least 10 dimensions in the universe (M-theory actually suggests that there are 11 dimensions to spacetime; bosonic string theories suggest 26 dimensions).

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:56 pm

btw I am female and ellard is a little boy who likes to wear pink dresses....

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:08 pm

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:02 pm

gorgeous wrote:there is more than the physical....and the govt remote viewers were validated ...psychic abilities are real too...
That's not quite right. A haiku requires a specific meter of five syllables for the first and third lines and seven syllables for the second line.

And even if you correct the meter to:
More than physical
Remote view validated
Psychics are real
...a haiku can only be about one subject, like a moment of time captured. The subject you've chosen is far too complicated.

Here's one from Basho Matsuo, considered to be the greatest haiku poet:
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.
See the difference? Off you go, now. A bit of practice will get you there.

Nikki Nyx
Persistent Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Mara wrote:I think, we will see addition to DSM of symptoms reflecting such behavior. There is such thing as delusions of grandeur but I think there needs to be more in the area of wishful thinking and how that impacts on cognitive processing.
It seems to share some of the symptoms within the schizophrenia spectrum: disorganized speech, impaired cognition, delusions. (To me, the ability to sustain belief in an unproven person, thing, or concept IS delusional. Whether it's religion, conspiracy theories, ghosts, Bigfoot, psychic powers, etc. I try to deliberately not think about the large numbers of delusional people in the world, because it's both frightening and depressing. :? )

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:26 pm

My favorite is:

Tiny silver fish
Facing Upsteam, Go Downstream
In clear swift water.

Note both "excellent" haikus follow the most conservative form of it being about nature and "mine" is better as it tells us about the human condition AND contains a paradox. I've not seen one better.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:58 pm

nik seems to share some of the symptoms within the schizophrenia spectrum: disorganized speech, impaired cognition, delusions

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has No Life
Custom Title: bobbo da existential pragmatist

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:03 pm

G: "Impaired cognition, delusions"====>just means you disagree with Nikki's position.

But "disorganized speech" is rather objective. I don't see that. THAT goes to your impaired cognition and delusions.... No?

Please prove me wrong: copy and paste the disorganized speech you have noticed, and correct it. Should be easy.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”