Anita Moorjani Paranormal NDE

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster
Custom Title: cognitively consonant

Re: Anita Moorjani Paranormal NDE

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:39 am

Kamil wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:No, because NDEs are still subjective experiences, not proof.

Nearly 25% of the population has experienced hypnagogic hallucinations. Does that mean people are being visited in their bedrooms at night by shadow people, demons, aliens, and other creatures, and only 25% of the population happens to see them? No, of course not.

From 12-53% of people with Alzheimer's experience hallucinations. Does that mean that what they're seeing is real, and the rest of us simply can't perceive what they experience because we don't have Alzheimer's? No, of course not.

Younger people recall their dreams 90% of the time. Does that mean their dreams are real? No, of course not.

That is a good answer, let me ask you, are you an atheist?

Yes and no. Let me explain. I don't believe in any deity because the existence of deities cannot be proven. However, unlike some modern-day atheists, I'm not rabid about my viewpoint. Frankly, I feel like some atheists are nearly religious about their non-belief, and that repels me. Mostly, I don't think about it unless it's during discussions like this one.

I think when religion is personal, it has a function for quite a lot of people. It provides them with hope and comfort when they're unable to stand on their own in a chaotic world. It's not something I need, because I don't have issues with the universe being (from my viewpoint) a random place. It is what it is. Horrible things happen to good people, and bad people aren't always punished. I don't let it keep me up at night; I only do my best to keep my little corner of the world clean, take responsibility for my own words and actions, and do the right thing whenever possible.

When religion is organized, it's frequently a problem. At this point, organized religion is the largest, wealthiest, and most non-productive institution in the world. That includes both the Vatican and televangelists alike. The absolute best thing I can say for organized religion is that it's produced some of the most beautiful architecture on the planet. And, to be honest, the absolute best thing I can say for religion as a whole is that it's produced some of the most beautiful art, literature, and music on the planet.

I wish human beings would find as much inspiration in the natural world as they do in the imaginary, supernatural one. And I wish they would pay as much attention to this real, earthly life as they do to the imaginary afterlife. If they did both, the world would be a much better place.
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!
—Lazarus Long, from Time Enough for Love, by Robert A. Heinlein

Shen1986
Veteran Poster

Postby Shen1986 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:20 pm

Kamil wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Kamil wrote:well, I was searching, and I found one NDE of a woman who said that although she didn't see Muhammad, she saw a throne with writing on it, praising Muhammad, so I guess that counts as something. I have also heard of other NDEs where a person sees Jesus, Krishna, Buddah, Muhammad all sitting side by side.

You may also be running into a situation of bias. The NDE community (if you will) seems to be Christian-centric to a fault. It may be that NDEs involving other deities (or even pantheons) are just ignored by the community.

Where are the pagan NDEs? No reports of Earth Mothers or Sky Fathers? How about Cargo Cult NDEs? No NDE that talks about seeing John Frum or Prince Philip? Nothing from any of the multitudinous mythos of Native Americans? Why are you confining your search to only major religions? Or is that your bias?

Potentially. I do look for other religious NDEs and at most I can find about 5-6 hindu NDEs and maybe 5-10 Islamic ones but I can't find anyone where the person only saw their own specific deities and spoke with them. I wish there would be more research done in the middle east

There are NDEs from other kind of religions:

viewtopic.php?t=24668

There are also aboriginal ones on the Internet along with other religions. its quite easy to find and all of them reflect the religion where the person in that area lives or the person believes.
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:43 pm

the non-physical worlds are not imaginary....and there are scientists who think we live in a hologram...so there..
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:07 pm

gorgeous wrote:the non-physical worlds are not imaginary....and there are scientists who think we live in a hologram...so there..

So there? :roll: Is that your version of Q.E.D.?
What are the facts? Again and again and again-what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what “the stars foretell,” avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable “verdict of history”--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts!

Kamil
Poster

Postby Kamil » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Shen1986 wrote:
Kamil wrote:
Nikki Nyx wrote:
Kamil wrote:well, I was searching, and I found one NDE of a woman who said that although she didn't see Muhammad, she saw a throne with writing on it, praising Muhammad, so I guess that counts as something. I have also heard of other NDEs where a person sees Jesus, Krishna, Buddah, Muhammad all sitting side by side.

You may also be running into a situation of bias. The NDE community (if you will) seems to be Christian-centric to a fault. It may be that NDEs involving other deities (or even pantheons) are just ignored by the community.

Where are the pagan NDEs? No reports of Earth Mothers or Sky Fathers? How about Cargo Cult NDEs? No NDE that talks about seeing John Frum or Prince Philip? Nothing from any of the multitudinous mythos of Native Americans? Why are you confining your search to only major religions? Or is that your bias?

Potentially. I do look for other religious NDEs and at most I can find about 5-6 hindu NDEs and maybe 5-10 Islamic ones but I can't find anyone where the person only saw their own specific deities and spoke with them. I wish there would be more research done in the middle east

There are NDEs from other kind of religions:

viewtopic.php?t=24668

There are also aboriginal ones on the Internet along with other religions. its quite easy to find and all of them reflect the religion where the person in that area lives or the person believes.

are there any modern ones in other relgiions?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:36 pm

Kamil wrote: .....are there any modern ones in other relgiions?

You said there were no stories of Muslim paranormal NDEs. We found examples in a few minutes.
You said there were no stories of Hindu paranormal NDES. We found examples in a few minutes.

How about you do your own research.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:39 pm

gorgeous wrote:....and there are scientists who think we live in a hologram...so there..
Name one scientist who claims this and set out his evidence? You can't can you?

You are simply useless.
:lol:

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:24 am

--------www.disclose.tv › Aliens

NASA Scientist Claims We Are Living In A Hologram Created By An Alien Race ... -----------This claim was also made by Professor Nick Bostrom of the Oxford University Philosophy Department and was also the founder of the Future of Humanity Institute where he is also the director. It turns out this is a theory that many scientist and notable professors have adopted over the years. Some have been quoted as saying the following to back this claim that our reality is nothing but an elaborate hologram: READ MORE: http://www.disclose.tv/news/we_are_livi ... ist/119956 -------------------------------------------Elon Musk is among those who believe we may be living in a simulated universe -----“There’s a billion to one chance we’re living in base reality,” he said at a conference in June.
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:29 am

---------Is our world a simulation? Why some scientists say it's more likely than ...

https://www.theguardian.com › Technology › Computing

-------------According to this week’s New Yorker profile of Y Combinator venture capitalist Sam Altman, there are two tech billionaires secretly engaging scientists to work on breaking us out of the simulation. But what does this mean? And what evidence is there that we are, in fact, living in The Matrix?

One popular argument for the simulation hypothesis, outside of acid trips, came from Oxford University’s Nick Bostrom in 2003 (although the idea dates back as far as the 17th-century philosopher René Descartes). In a paper titled “Are You Living In a Simulation?”, Bostrom suggested that members of an advanced “posthuman” civilization with vast computing power might choose to run simulations of their ancestors in the universe.

This argument is extrapolated from observing current trends in technology, including the rise of virtual reality and efforts to map the human brain.
-------------------As Terrile puts it: “If in the future there are more digital people living in simulated environments than there are today, then what is to say we are not part of that already?”

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Postby gorgeous » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:29 am

Tech billionaires convinced we live in the Matrix are secretly funding ...

www.independent.co.uk/life.../computer- ... elon-mus...

Oct 6, 2016 - ... humans out of the simulation that they believe that it is living in, according to a new report. ... We are living in a computer simulation, Elon Musk says ... funding scientists in an effort to try and break us out of that simulation.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:38 am

gorgeous wrote:Tech billionaires convinced we live in the Matrix are secretly funding ...

Tech billionaires are not scientists are they?

Now here comes the best example of your stupidity for this week. If the entire universe is a simulation......what is it a simulation of......our universe? . Your claim makes no sense whatsoever.
:lol:

Nikki Nyx
Veteran Poster

Postby Nikki Nyx » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:49 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
gorgeous wrote:Tech billionaires convinced we live in the Matrix are secretly funding ...

Tech billionaires are not scientists are they?
Neither are philosophers, even if they are at Oxford. ;)

Shen1986
Veteran Poster

Postby Shen1986 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:15 am

Kamil wrote:are there any modern ones in other relgiions?

I do not understand this question. What modern ones in other religions? if you mean a modern NDE there is no such thing as a modern NDE. All NDE have the same features or similar features - tunnel vision, feeling that you are going to same other place - hell/heaven/otherworld etc., meeting dead people or your dead relatives, meeting some deity - Jesus/Elvis?/Mohammed, god/gods/Krishna etc., life review and returning back. Its all like a dream but you dream about religion or about some other stuff that your brain uses in that moment to calm your conscious parts down. Nothing special and that is all.
"Death Dies Hard." - Deathstars.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:36 am

Kamil wrote:are there any modern ones in other relgiions?
Shen1986 wrote:I do not understand this question.
That's understandable. Kamil doesn't understand his own question either.

Kamil claimed to be a Polish Catholic who was losing his faith in "God" and then claimed that the only way he could keep his faith was, if Jesus was the only person, people saw in their paranormal NDEs.

I suggest Kamil go speak to his local Catholic priest about his faith rather than ask atheists on a atheist skeptic forum

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”