Sea Serpents in San Francisco Bay!

PSI, Mediums, Ghosts, UFOs, Things That Go Bump In The Night
Cobalt6
BANNED

Re: Sea Serpents in San Francisco Bay!

Postby Cobalt6 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:33 am

Do you think someone constantly calling two 66 year old men "boys" isn't deliberately meant to be insulting?

As Poodle said, ''boys'' is a common term to refer to adult men in England. I can attest to this also, as I live here. It is by no means an insult than it is a variant in language between countries.

We bet you'll never forget that we had our first definitive sighting of a sea serpent in San Francisco Bay FROM ONLY 20 YARDS AWAY, will you?

No, I don't think of your hoax sighting, it reminds me that OCD is alive and well and that there exist people who put my OCD to shame.
If I continuously say ''I saw Cthulu FROM ONLY 20 YARDS AWAY'', sometimes multiple times within the same sentence or every time I initiate a new conversation, it won't make it any more believeable and would actually make me seem more like an obnoxious nutter whose a bit full of himself.

Here you go:

''I saw Cthulu FROM ONLY 20 YARDS AWAY'',
''A definitive sighting of Cthulu FROM ONLY 20 YARDS AWAY'',
''100% certainty I saw Cthulu FROM ONLY 20 YARDS AWAY'',

It just doesn't look right and it isn't productive. Its facepalm material.
Unless you belong in the world of the Wizard of Oz saying it multiple times doesn't make it any more valid.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:27 am

sfseaserpent wrote: We're claiming the black objects in our video are the result of slight vertical undulations where the top of the undulation is just breaking the surface of the water.
Bill and Bob's theory.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Matthew Ellard on Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:35 am

sfseaserpent wrote: Paiva's not worried about anything that's said about him on this site. He's quite capable of defending himself.
But he hasn't. His film props used as evidence, his errors in maths in a revised public report, his lies about vertical oscillating sea snakes, fake entries and date errors in his resume, are all here for the public to see. Yet no Clifford Paiva. I guess he is too busy with his hoax concerning living dinosaurs.
Clifford's photo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:38 am

sfseaserpent wrote: Paiva is not interested in coming here and discussing anything on this site.
So the hoax sea serpent team are in regular contact and agents for the hoax living dinosaur team. When does bigfoot's team join in?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:50 am

sfseaserpent wrote:Regardless of the actual diameter of the upper portion of any of the animals, we have never claimed that the animals in our video are forming the same tight packet of folds that Bob's drawing which was posted in this thread by one of the members of this site depicts. If fact we said many times the animal doesn't always create such radical folds in the upper portion of its body.

For the record.
Bob and Bill have reproduced the following drawings on their sea serpent website by John Morgan. The drawings are meant to explain how a sea serpent can contort itself to match a particular photo. It is extremely funny as the water is still in that photo. Bob and Bill will now correct John Morgan's error by drawing their hoax sea monster with a 1525cm diameter midsection so it breaks the water and forms equidistant black dots as seen in the frame below.

Here is the video footage (starting from 43.30sec)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqMaMiomMnE

(Well they wont....because they can't)
John Morgan sea serpent 1.jpg
John Morgan seaserpent 2.jpg
Birds flying.jpg

Daedalus
Has More Than 5K Posts
Custom Title: Ave Atque Vale

Postby Daedalus » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:06 am

sfseaserpent wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
sfseaserpent wrote: BTW, we heard from Paiva and he told us that any of you are welcome to contact him personally and he'll be glad to discuss his revised report with you. Here's your chance, Matthew. Go get him!

Firstly, as his revised 2005 report contains fundamental errors it has been removed as any form of evidence. There is nothing I need to ask him concerning this particular hoax.

Secondly, I am not going to debate Clifford Paiva in private.

That's your choice.

Matthew Ellard wrote:You two clowns came to this skeptic forum to have a public debate and got shredded.

In your dreams.

Matthew Ellard wrote:Clifford Paiva is most welcome to defend his honour and BSMRA here, in public. However you know he won't come here as the first questions will be about his use of film props as "evidence" and false claims in his "resume". As this thread is now a "hit" for Clifford Paiva on search engines, he's probably already getting worried. He has you two to thank.

Paiva's not worried about anything that's said about him on this site.

He's quite capable of defending himself.

Obviously not, since he's being shredded her along with you, and he's been utterly unable/unwilling to defend himself.

You need to make the adult distinction that repeatedly saying something doesn't make it true.

You can say that you saw something for years, but you still saw birds. You can call a creationist fraud and a fish food salesmen experts, but they're not. You can pretend until you die alone, but nothing objective will change in relation to your claims, except that you will accrue ridicule.
"Propaganda is a monologue which seeks not a response, but an echo." (W.H. Auden)
"Given time and plenty of paper, philosophers can prove anything." (Robert Heinlein)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?" (Bladerunner)

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:11 am

Well, this all looks like end of fun. The twins, who say that they're defending any potential commercial interest, will do no more than stand on their story without producing the evidence they constantly claim they have. They have exposed some bitter in-fighting between the proponents of the sea serpent story, as a result of which said proponents accuse one another of lying. Their champion, Clifford Paiva, although offering "private" discussion (notably solely to discuss his discredited report rather than his Mickey Mouse qualifications) will not come here to take part in any open discussion, no matter how heavily moderated.

As the "evidence" stands, we have some very blurred images of something, and it has been shown that the most likely culprits are birds - an explanation previously put forward by authorities who are "wrong" as they don't agree with the visual gymnastics necessary to find sea serpents in the images. The laws of physics are happily cast aside in the strained attempt to convince others that Earthsea is situated in San Francisco Bay.

In my opinion, there's enough stuff in these pages alone to show that Clifford Paiva is a cynical liar. But I'm still not sure about the twins. That they've been coached by Paiva is obvious, but whether or not they really believe in what they claim is not so obvious. It's a good game - great fun - winkling out their contradictions and scientific naivety but, in the end, it goes nowhere. And nothing's going to change.

The twins' feistiness - something which I admire - actually brings out the worst in all of us, and discussions descend into name-calling and insults. Things will stay the same until Clifford Paiva turns up, and that's never going to happen. So I'm out (and I really am this time :D ). There's no point in flogging a dead horse, and this particular horse has rotting flesh oozing from its bones.

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Postby kennyc » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:37 pm

sfseaserpent wrote:....

Do you think someone constantly calling two 66 year old men "boys" ....

it's the mark of the beast I tell you, the mark of the beast!
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:40 pm

sfseaserpent wrote:
Poodle wrote:Then we are at an impasse, and Paiva appears to be avoiding discussion, not offering it.

You paint the picture any way you want to paint it.

I enjoy some of Picasso's work...
Kenny A. Chaffin

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:47 pm

Poodle wrote:The twins' feistiness - something which I admire - actually brings out the worst in all of us, and discussions descend into name-calling and insults.

Oh it does not, poopyhead.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Kaepora Gaebora
Regular Poster

Postby Kaepora Gaebora » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Gord wrote:
Poodle wrote:The twins' feistiness - something which I admire - actually brings out the worst in all of us, and discussions descend into name-calling and insults.

Mudblood

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Kaepora Gaebora wrote:
Gord wrote:

Mudblood

Go, prick thy face, and over-red thy fear, thou lily-liver'd boy!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:43 am

And, cue the crazy folks: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/geekquin ... ache=clear

..."[a] perfectly reasonable, pedestrian, coherent story emerges that doesn't require wholesale invention of what is unknown or unprecedented."

Bill! Bob! Get right on it! :lol:
#ANDAMOVIE

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:56 pm

sfseaserpent, here's the forum site for Binnall of America.

http://www.theusofe.com/

You should post your story there. You'll find sympathetic readers. I would assume.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Cobalt6
BANNED

Postby Cobalt6 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Monster wrote:sfseaserpent, here's the forum site for Binnall of America.

http://www.theusofe.com/

You should post your story there. You'll find sympathetic readers. I would assume.

Ya know what's funny? Ever since I called these two out to be trolls (what, with the ''cheap entertainment'' quote of theirs that they so readily wanted to cover up? The very quote in admittance that they are in fact trolling) they've stopped posting here. Liars often flee when caught out on their dirty tactic, and yet B&B never once attempted to counter their own quote where they admitted to being merely trolling us for their own entertainment, when I brought that quote up as evidence sfseaserpent is a troll account.

Their story is a fabricated one, and not very well. :P
Though honestly, I don't know how you couldn't get bored of utilizing a single troll tactic ad nauseum for 8 straight years. Perhaps next time B&B will discuss the issue of swamp fairies, complete with ground breaking evidence, such as blurry images of moths, and local testimony by the expert - the friendly neighborhood meth addict.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Yeah, others are more, shall we say, prolific?

Lard, save me from your followers.

Cobalt6
BANNED

Postby Cobalt6 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:53 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Yeah, others are more, shall we say, prolific?

They could of at least called me to do some semi-convincing CGI work. Or made up some model. Taking a blurred video of birds and passing it off as a sea serpent doesn't grant this case much worth. One of the most famous sea serpent ''sightings'' was a guy spending a couple days on a model sea serpent and then propping it with underwater ropes. It looked very convincing to the onlookers at the time. (Joe Nickell wrote about this on CSIOP, I'll try and dig it up later)

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Cobalt6 wrote:

They could of at least called me to do some semi-convincing CGI work. Or made up some model. Taking a blurred video of birds and passing it off as a sea serpent doesn't grant this case much worth. One of the most famous sea serpent ''sightings'' was a guy spending a couple days on a model sea serpent and then propping it with underwater ropes. It looked very convincing to the onlookers at the time. (Joe Nickell wrote about this on CSIOP, I'll try and dig it up later)

Am I understanding you correctly here, you would willingly participate in a hoax?

Poodle
Has More Than 8K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:20 pm

No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

You have reopened the portal.

RUN!!!!!

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:24 pm

:lol:

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:25 pm

Poodle wrote:No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

RUN!!!!!

TOO LATE!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :twisted:
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Cobalt6
BANNED

Postby Cobalt6 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:00 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
Cobalt6 wrote:

Am I understanding you correctly here, you would willingly participate in a hoax?

No, being sarcastic on my side. Better hoaxes have been done, this one falls short.

sfseaserpent
Frequent Poster

Postby sfseaserpent » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:07 am

"There cannot be the slightest doubt that you have had the chance sighting of an animal obviously unknown to science." ---Dr. Bernard Heuvelmans-- August 8, 1985

A skeptic is someone who sees the handwriting on the wall and claims it's a forgery.

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:19 am

RUN!!!!!

Run RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!

:roll:
Kenny A. Chaffin

Miles Cordell
BANNED
Custom Title: Junior scientist

Postby Miles Cordell » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:48 am

Can sea serpents shape-shift?

Wow, does this thread have a ton of replies. I have only read this and the first page, but lets put this to rest.
It's perplexing how sea-serpents always seem to appear very different between sightings. In one instance, they seem to retain all the definable characteristics of fish, however, in another sighting, they have exclusively reptilian or even mammalian characteristics. Once again, we have sightings, but this data merely constitutes as anecdotal testimony that is not substantiated by evidence which we should certainly have by now.
Last edited by Miles Cordell on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:51 am

Miles Cordell wrote:....Lets put this to rest.

:lol: If only it were that easy. I do welcome your youthful enthusiasm! :lol:
Kenny A. Chaffin

busterggi
Regular Poster
Custom Title: General Weirdness

Postby busterggi » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:26 pm

RUN!!!!!

Doors open from both sides.

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic

Postby OlegTheBatty » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:08 pm

kennyc wrote:

This thread has survived every rational argument known to humanity; numerous irrational arguments; and nuclear weapons. It is probably immortal.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

busterggi
Regular Poster

Postby busterggi » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:55 pm

OlegTheBatty wrote:
kennyc wrote:

This thread has survived every rational argument known to humanity; numerous irrational arguments; and nuclear weapons. It is probably immortal.

Hail Hydra!

Miles Cordell
BANNED
Custom Title: Junior scientist

Postby Miles Cordell » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:21 am

busterggi wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:
kennyc wrote:

Hail Hydra!

Cue AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles, afterburners engage. Tactical scramble formations inbound. Prepared for launch.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:42 am

:lol:

busterggi
Regular Poster

Postby busterggi » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:08 pm

Miles Cordell wrote:
busterggi wrote:
OlegTheBatty wrote:
kennyc wrote:

Hail Hydra!

Cue AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles, afterburners engage. Tactical scramble formations inbound. Prepared for launch.

Hah! AIM is merely a subsidiary of Hydra. You can't pull this on a veteran MMMS'er.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:25 pm

...Lets put this to rest.
lol If only it were that easy. I do welcome your youthful enthusiasm! lol
This thread has survived every rational argument known to humanity; numerous irrational arguments; and nuclear weapons. It is probably immortal
Hail Hydra!
Cue AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles, afterburners engage. Tactical scramble formations inbound. Prepared for launch
Hah! AIM is merely a subsidiary of Hydra. You can't pull this on a veteran MMMS'er
157 pages on what is in the ocean ?
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:53 pm

+ 1

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:06 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:157 pages on what is in the ocean ?

Just one bay!
#ANDAMOVIE

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:23 am

sfseaserpent
Frequent Poster

Postby sfseaserpent » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:56 am

"There cannot be the slightest doubt that you have had the chance sighting of an animal obviously unknown to science." ---Dr. Bernard Heuvelmans-- August 8, 1985

A skeptic is someone who sees the handwriting on the wall and claims it's a forgery.

kennyc
Has No Life

Postby kennyc » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:29 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:It is time.

Man! What a classic!

:D
Kenny A. Chaffin

busterggi
Regular Poster

Postby busterggi » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:54 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:...Lets put this to rest.
lol If only it were that easy. I do welcome your youthful enthusiasm! lol
This thread has survived every rational argument known to humanity; numerous irrational arguments; and nuclear weapons. It is probably immortal
Hail Hydra!
Cue AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles, afterburners engage. Tactical scramble formations inbound. Prepared for launch
Hah! AIM is merely a subsidiary of Hydra. You can't pull this on a veteran MMMS'er
157 pages on what is in the ocean ?

Actually most of the content is about what is not in the ocean unless you're one of the San Francisco Wonder Twins.

JO 753
Has No Life
Custom Title: rezident owtsidr

Postby JO 753 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:04 pm

aaaa the good old daze.
Gubmint for us
http://www.7532020.com
not the rich.

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”