Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Living Fosisls, Evolution, and Cryptids

Postby Cadmusteeth » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:31 am

Bart Stewart
Regular Poster

Re: Living Fosisls, Evolution, and Cryptids

Postby Bart Stewart » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:28 am

Great video. For every one like this there are 5,000 on Youtube that spew paranormal hooey.

Trey the Explainer has 67 videos on Youtube, with several about crypto-zoology.

I liked that in this one he allows that there might be unusual creatures in very remote places. They may have evolved somewhat over the eons, but would still be still proper monsters. That was what we would cling to, back when I was into crypto-zoology. Trey stresses the great unlikelihood of such a creature, but offers that it is not impossible.

Long after I gave up on the Loch Ness Monster I still held out hope for Mokele M'Bembe. Loch Ness is far too small to support a colony of whale-sized creatures. But the Congo River Basin is the size of the continental United States. It is not as heavily populated as many parts of Africa, and of course much of it has been under a state of war for generations.

There is no good evidence that surviving dinosaurs live there, but undiscovered species of some kind possibly do, given the size of the area and its jungle terrain.

The coelacanth pictures reminded me of a hilarious old movie -- Monster on the Campus! This film actually posited that a man who came into contact with coelacanth blood would revert into an apelike hominid!

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Wild animal

Re: Living Fosisls, Evolution, and Cryptids

Postby Gord » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:54 am

Hey, I still hold out hope for Mokele M'Bembe and Nessie and every other kewl made-up monster out there. Discovering one of them would be amazeballs. Holding out hope is one thing, though; holding my breath is another.

If someone finds something interesting, I'll be into it. Until then, I'm not. Why should I dream about the glaze patterns on Russell's teapot when I can dream about things that are intrinsically more interesting simply by having been discovered?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Return to “UFOs, Cryptozoology, and The Paranormal”