PRIVATE MESSAGE TO THE EDITORS OR MR. SCHERMER.

Discussion of Skeptic magazine and Letters to the Editor
remoat

PRIVATE MESSAGE TO THE EDITORS OR MR. SCHERMER.

Postby remoat » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:09 am

i am a new member.. i wish to send a private message to the editors or mr. schermer.. how soon can i do this?

Pyrrho
Administrator

Re: PRIVATE MESSAGE TO THE EDITORS OR MR. SCHERMER.

Postby Pyrrho » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:38 am

Best to send an email to the magazine. Neither the editors nor Dr. Shermer can be contacted via this forum.
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho
Administrator

Postby Pyrrho » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:23 am

Here is a link to The Skeptics Society's contact page:

http://www.skeptic.com/about_us/contact_us/
For any forum questions or concerns please e-mail skepticforum@gmail.com or send a PM.

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

remoat

Postby remoat » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:53 am

i scanned the magazine, but didnt see any links to "letters", "opinions", etc. ??

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:24 am

remoat wrote:i scanned the magazine, but didnt see any links to "letters", "opinions", etc. ??

As you say "private", I'm not sure why you expected to see private letters, in the magazine. If you have a public comment, you may wish to make that comment, here, on this forum, in the magazine letters & discussion sub-forum.

PS : His name is Shermer, not Schermer.

TJrandom
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:47 am

remoat... Use snail mail, marked `Private and Confidential`..., and you have a better chance that not more than say - 50 people will read it.

remoat

Postby remoat » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:38 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
remoat wrote:i scanned the magazine, but didnt see any links to "letters", "opinions", etc. ??

As you say "private", I'm not sure why you expected to see private letters, in the magazine. If you have a public comment, you may wish to make that comment, here, on this forum, in the magazine letters & discussion sub-forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i never said "private letters"; im asking about "private messages" in the same context as the forum.. is that o.k.? must all comments in the magazine be "public"? jeez! im the newest member ("probie"?) of the forum and im already catching attitudes from the forum "veterans"(?) go figure!

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:42 pm

I'm a big fan of smoke signals. Image
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

TJrandom
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:46 pm

remoat wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i never said "private letters"; im asking about "private messages" in the same context as the forum.. is that o.k.? must all comments in the magazine be "public"? jeez! im the newest member ("probie"?) of the forum and im already catching attitudes from the forum "veterans"(?) go figure!

Then just use the `private message` tab at top right of the page, within which you can select the user ID of any forum member. But not all members accept private messages. I haven`t detected `attitudes` - but rather, helpful suggestions from forum members.

EDIT... oops, smoke signals? :wah:

remoat

Postby remoat » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:53 pm

as a "new guy" to your"skeptics" environment, i attempted to present a "polite question" in a respectful manner.. seems to me, this approach doesnt work with some of you, who knows why? so, ill just proceed to my initial reason for becoming a member and get to the point in the next post, "SKEPTICISM & THE SHERMER BRAND"..

TJrandom
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:03 pm

remoat wrote:as a "new guy" to your"skeptics" environment, i attempted to present a "polite question" in a respectful manner.. seems to me, this approach doesnt work with some of you, who knows why? so, ill just proceed to my initial reason for becoming a member and get to the point in the next post, "SKEPTICISM & THE SHERMER BRAND"..

Welcome. Looking forward to your next post....

Hex
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: mi malam ciuj el vi

Postby Hex » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:02 am

remoat wrote:as a "new guy" to your"skeptics" environment, i attempted to present a "polite question" in a respectful manner.. seems to me, this approach doesnt work with some of you, who knows why? so, ill just proceed to my initial reason for becoming a member and get to the point in the next post, "SKEPTICISM & THE SHERMER BRAND"..

I'm going to be honest here.

This is a skeptic board and people old and new get roasted regularly, because this is a SKEPTIC forum. Older members don't get special treatment here and new members don't get a grace period. Seriously if you felt offended by some very helpful advice and don't develop a thick skin quickly, I don't think your time here is going to be very long.
Spoiler:
  TOYNBEE IDEA
IN KUBRICK'S 2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoaOJZ7Dfk

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Get on with it.

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:15 am

Stop wasting time and just ask the question. There is nothing more boring than a new member writing endless posts about why he won't just ask a question.

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Postby Austin Harper » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:20 am

It also doesn't help your case when you can't even spell the name of the person you're trying to contact.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

Return to “SKEPTIC Magazine: Letters & Discussions”