Rapture - 23rd September 2015

Discussion of Skeptic magazine and Letters to the Editor
Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Re: Rapture - 23rd September 2015

Postby Gord » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:07 pm

Actually, all I did was check Wikipedia, then check their sources, then check the backgrounds of the authors. All that information came from either Wikipedia itself or else from google searches.

Oh, and the movie is on youtube, of all places!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzkvXp4eihU

Yeah, that's the one I walked out on! Several of the scenes have stuck with me, including the one around 4:40 where he's holding a fake skull and declaring it's the skull of a false prophet, and around 18:00 where the prophet is seeing "visions" of dinosaurs, horsemen, tanks, and a nuclear explosion. :lol: I was only 14 at the time. My friend and I were trying not to laugh, but it was so terrible that we couldn't stop ourselves, so I said we should go before the rest of the audience mobbed us. The man sitting behind us angrily agreed with me.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster
Custom Title: O_I_Lovett

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:56 pm

Yeah, I've noticed that the people who buy into these end-times scenarios get upset when laughed at. A sense of humor is not one of their salient points. They have their mental compartments: JK Rowling = agent of Satan; Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins and John Hagee and Lindsey/Van Impe, and the rest of that crowd = apostles of TRUTH.

By the way, has anything been heard lately from Ted Haggard, the anti-LGBT bulldog who allegedly took the quick cure for being gay? He seems to have dropped off my radar screen.

I doubt if he's permanently gone. Back in 1986, James Randi came on the Tonight Show and gave conclusive, videotaped evidence that the faith healer Peter Popoff was a transparent fraud, getting his "Holy-Spirit-inspired" diagnoses of his audience's ills through a radio receiver disguised as a hearing aid. His wife was backstage, reading the informational cards the audience had filled out when they came in. You can imagine what a fuss that caused, not against Peter Popoff, but Randi and the Tonight Show got hate mail for weeks afterward from people who were outraged that they would attack such a holy thing as a faith-healing fraud. Well, Johnny Carson is gone, but Peter Popoff lives on. He's still on my cable channel in the early morning, selling "water from the River Jordan" and other thaumaturgic items.
"[A clergyman] debases spiritual exaltation by reducing it to a hollow and meaningless formality, as a politician debases patriotism and a lady of joy debases love." -- H. L. Mencken

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:08 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:By the way, has anything been heard lately from Ted Haggard, the anti-LGBT bulldog who allegedly took the quick cure for being gay? He seems to have dropped off my radar screen.

He was on Celebrity Wife Swap a few years ago. Swapped wives with Gary Busey. Those poor women! One is married to an eccentric, brain-damaged lunatic and the other one is married to Gary Busey!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

Nobrot
Poster

Postby Nobrot » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:34 am

To my deep regret I Googled Gary Busey.

Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Now cut that out, Gord! I just squirted coffee out my nose laughing! Just the thought of Gary Busey and Ted Haggard swapping wives is too much for me. And Googling Barry Goosey! What were you thinking, Nobrot? Ya know, that final battle between Mel Gibson and Gary Busey in Lethal Weapon should have been a real one. Think of what the world would have been spared over the past 30 years.

Well, I'm now going to poke around in Google and find out what's become of Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Bakker (I think he's dead; I know Tammy is, but they divorced, I believe). Swaggart was STILL on the tube a few years ago, still trying to show people the peace and joy of fundamentalism (and get their money) after years of whore-mongering.
"[A clergyman] debases spiritual exaltation by reducing it to a hollow and meaningless formality, as a politician debases patriotism and a lady of joy debases love." -- H. L. Mencken

Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:27 pm

I'm back. Swaggart is BIG!! Shows how impossible it is to get people to face reality. Check it out if you're interested: http://www.jsm.org/

When I was in college back in 1960, we were taught that the Protestant Reformation was motivated partly by the dissolute behavior of the people in the Vatican. Decent Germans, we were told, were scandalized that they made offerings to advance God's kingdom and those offerings were being spent on orgies. Well, I don't believe it; Swaggart is the perfect proof that people don't really care. They get a good feeling out of sending their money to "holy" people, even if the holy people spend it doing things that the decent people regard as scandalous. (Hmm, psychological speculation: Maybe the decent people get a vicarious thrill from somebody ELSE doing what they would secretly like to do themselves? Naw, most of Swaggart's supporters were 70-year-old women. Probably the ones who heard about it dropped him, but shortly dropped off the twig themselves, and he got a whole NEW batch of 70-year-old women to support him.)

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:04 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Now cut that out, Gord! I just squirted coffee out my nose laughing! Just the thought of Gary Busey and Ted Haggard swapping wives is too much for me.

Here then, do NOT watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02g9mjvn5Cg

...actually, don't watch it no matter what. It's horrible in so many ways.
#ANDAMOVIE

Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:33 pm

Gord wrote:
Upton_O_Goode wrote:Now cut that out, Gord! I just squirted coffee out my nose laughing! Just the thought of Gary Busey and Ted Haggard swapping wives is too much for me.

Here then, do NOT watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02g9mjvn5Cg

...actually, don't watch it no matter what. It's horrible in so many ways.

Aaugh!!! Well, you did warn me. Now, how can I UNsee that?

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:14 am

Hmm, I dunno. Watch Samantha Bee?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RM2HtvLSLs
#ANDAMOVIE

Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:34 pm

Gord wrote:Hmm, I dunno. Watch Samantha Bee?

Thanks for that. She's always been a favorite of mine. Here's her latest, I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si0WTCM ... e=youtu.be

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:03 am

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
Gord wrote:Hmm, I dunno. Watch Samantha Bee?

Thanks for that. She's always been a favorite of mine. Here's her latest, I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si0WTCM ... e=youtu.be

"Following leaders up mountains of shame." HA! :heh: A most excellent statement.
#ANDAMOVIE

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:28 am

Remember Harold Camping? He died in 2013, but not before predicting the rapture in 2011 and 1994.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJQFVqnlZTw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Ca ... prediction

Aftermath

In March 2012, Camping admitted that his predictions were in error, stating: "We humbly acknowledge we were wrong about the timing." He also announced the "End to Doomsday Predictions". In May 2012, a year after the failure of Camping's prophecy, Religion Dispatches published a report on Camping's disillusioned former followers, some of whom had reportedly come to view him as a cult leader.

In October 2012, the Christian Post reported that Family Radio was re-broadcasting recordings of Camping's teachings. In March 2013, it was calculated that Family Stations Inc. spent more than $5 million on billboard advertising in 2011, the year the apocalypse was predicted to occur, and the network was reported to be suffering from a major loss of revenue, forcing it to sell its main radio stations and lay off staff. In January 2014, a month after Harold Camping's death, Family Radio stated that it would maintain his mission and theology, including the belief that all established Christian churches are apostate.

And now, there's Trump. :P
#ANDAMOVIE

Nobrot
Poster

Postby Nobrot » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:41 pm

There are quite a few 'groups' out there who promise to take care of the pets of those recently Raptured. I still can't decide whether they are a piss take or quite genuine.

A typical example: http://aftertherapturepetcare.com/

This is what will happen for all pets registered with us immediately after the Rapture:
Our non-Christian administrators will activate our rescue plan.
Volunteers will be alerted immediately by email and telephone that they have been activated.
Pets will be assigned to our Volunteer Pet Caretakers based upon location and other factors.

And from the FAQ
Isn’t the world going to be totally collapsed after the Rapture?

When all the Christians on the planet disappear, there will certainly be massive confusion. However, the majority of people will still be on earth, and communications will be their first priority to maintain. Therefore, I believe it will not be a problem to coordinate activities to rescue and care for your pets. As far as the data about all registered pets, it is located on Google servers (the most secure servers in the world) as well as our own server in Lansing, Michigan (away from political and military hot spots to minimize chance of destruction if there is a post-Rapture war). The non-Christian administrators assigned to coordinate our efforts after we’re gone are also located in multiple locations, all with log in information.

:confused:

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 8K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Nobrot wrote:There are quite a few 'groups' out there who promise to take care of the pets of those recently Raptured. I still can't decide whether they are a piss take or quite genuine.

what do you mean by "genuine"?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:20 pm

Nobrot wrote:There are quite a few 'groups' out there who promise to take care of the pets of those recently Raptured. I still can't decide whether they are a piss take or quite genuine.

This is what will happen for all pets registered with us immediately after the Rapture:
Volunteers will be alerted immediately by email and telephone that they have been activated.
Pets will be assigned to our Volunteer Pet Caretakers based upon location and other factors.

And from the FAQ

When all the Christians on the planet disappear, there will certainly be massive confusion. However, the majority of people will still be on earth, and communications will be their first priority to maintain. Therefore, I believe it will not be a problem to coordinate activities to rescue and care for your pets. As far as the data about all registered pets, it is located on Google servers (the most secure servers in the world) as well as our own server in Lansing, Michigan (away from political and military hot spots to minimize chance of destruction if there is a post-Rapture war). The non-Christian administrators assigned to coordinate our efforts after we’re gone are also located in multiple locations, all with log in information.

You raise a couple of issues here that I too have wondered about. I have in mind particularly the Survivalists, who have got bomb shelters stocked with a couple of years of long-shelf-life food and water. Two points that I don't understand, and haven't been adequately explained (at least to my limited understanding): (1) WHY would anyone want to spend the last few years of his life in a post-apocalyptic world? It's very unlikely that one would accumulate any more frequent-flyer miles, and picnicking and shopping wouldn't be the pleasures they once were. (2) Do they or do they not believe the Biblical texts that say the faithful elect will rule with Jesus for a thousand years and the reprobate will be cast into the Lake of Fire? I'm guessing, since I can't read their minds, that they don't actually believe the texts. If they did, they could surely trust Jesus to take care of the small details about living. Hell, he'd probably shoot their neighbors for them if they tried to get into the bomb shelters. On the other hand, I did see one survivalist show in which a man who was asked why he was making all those preparations said it was because he believed Jesus. The human mind is a mystery.

Side note: The post-apocalyptic pet-sitter story was a question on "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" a couple of years ago. Like you, I couldn't decide whether the offer was seriously made as a contract that would be fulfilled, or just a joke to twit the Rapture-Ready people, or (shamefully!) a scam to take advantage of their gullibility.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:36 pm

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote:what do you mean by "genuine"?

I think Nobrot means what he says. If you read through the Flat Earth Society's web page, it is really hard to tell if the owners are pulling your leg or really believe the Earth is flat. I think it gets a bit more confusing when such a web page has a variety of contributors because some contributors may be serious and other contributors are having a joke.

There may be a third alternative, that we know from the extreme right groups, seeking donations or selling worthless products, whereas, the owners don't believe in anything they write as long as it appears believable and keeps the money rolling in.

These hucksters, below, have tricked me time and time again into giving them money!
:D

THE SKEPTIC SOCIETY : MAKE A TAX-DEDUCTIBLE DONATION
The Skeptics Society is a non-profit, member-supported 501(c)(3) organization whose goal is to promote skeptical thinking

http://www.skeptic.com/get_involved/donate/

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:42 pm

"Our non-Christian administrators will activate our rescue plan. Pets will be assigned to our Volunteer Pet Caretakers based upon location and other factors."

That has to be a scam. If all the Christians suddenly disappeared and the final battle started on Earth, I doubt the local atheists in my area would make their first priority to look after the local Christian's pet guinea-pigs. :D

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:15 pm

Maybe it depends on which Christians you're talking about or to, and which ones decide which ones, albeit believers, are non-Christians...

(Maybe the only true ones are catholic-Amish Latter-day Witnesses?)

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:23 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Maybe it depends on which Christians you're talking about or to.....

Well, I note that the website has offered to save my pet guinea-pigs and goldfish. But what about my magnificent tomato plants! My prize winning succulent!

Why does God hate vegetation so much?

Nobrot
Poster

Postby Nobrot » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:46 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:"Our non-Christian administrators will activate our rescue plan. Pets will be assigned to our Volunteer Pet Caretakers based upon location and other factors."

That has to be a scam. If all the Christians suddenly disappeared and the final battle started on Earth, I doubt the local atheists in my area would make their first priority to look after the local Christian's pet guinea-pigs. :D

Or a Hyena. Yes the Flat earth Society, genuinely baffling. My own take on it is most posters are in it for the shiggles but some are genuine head cases.

Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:26 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:These hucksters, below, have tricked me time and time again into giving them money! [/color] :D

THE SKEPTIC SOCIETY : MAKE A TAX-DEDUCTIBLE DONATION
The Skeptics Society is a non-profit, member-supported 501(c)(3) organization whose goal is to promote skeptical thinking

http://www.skeptic.com/get_involved/donate/

Oh, you poor, gullible fish! When will you get smart?

Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:31 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:"Our non-Christian administrators will activate our rescue plan. Pets will be assigned to our Volunteer Pet Caretakers based upon location and other factors."

Well, but if they had given their WORD they would do that, and had signed a contract....looking after Fluffy and Fido would surely be the most important thing to them, wouldn't it?

Aside: I just read a fair-to-middling post-apocalyptic sci-fi novel by KM Ruiz, titled "Brain Storm." Goes back and forth between the (nuclear) "Border Wars" of 2124--2129 and the "present" (2379).

TJrandom
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:26 pm

Just for grins..., but I`d check on the nationality of those stay-behind pet carers. Slurp comes to mind... :dv:

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:02 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Well, but if they had given their WORD they would do that, and had signed a contract....

Hey, everyone knows lawyers and judges aren't going to be raptured. You signed a contract, you'd better stick with it after the rapture or you'll have a swarm of 'em coming down your neck!
#ANDAMOVIE

Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:03 pm

Never thought of that: cockroaches and lawyers. Of course, What else is hardy enough to survive the apocalypse?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:Well, but if they had given their WORD they would do that, and had signed a contract....

Gord wrote: Hey, everyone knows lawyers and judges aren't going to be raptured. You signed a contract, you'd better stick with it after the rapture or you'll have a swarm of 'em coming down your neck!

Mr Matthew Ellard VS Christian Pet Savers & God co-defendant (Civil Courts, Damages for emotional stress sought)

Preamble : That Mr Ellard, the applicant, had an effective at law contract, whereas Christian Pet Savers had a duty to ensure that "Fluffy the cat" was cared for on Earth after Mr Ellard was taken to heaven, by God during the rapture and this duty was thwarted by misleading and deceptive behaviour, and conspiracy between the defendant and co-defendant both holding the special knowledge that God had no intention of taking Mr Ellard to heaven.

Court Clerk : Calling the first witness "Fluffy the cat"
Counsel for the applicant : "So Fluffy. In your own words, how would you describe you disappointment of remaining in the care of Mr Ellard on Earth during the final battle of man"
"Fluffy the Cat" : " "
Counsel for the applicant : There you are, your honour. This cat, a noble upstanding cat, highly respected in the community, known for its charity work, is so traumatised it has lost the ability to speak. You can now step down Fluffy.
Justice Scalia : "I really don't need to hear any more evidence. To force such a noble cat to remain in the care of Mr Ellard can only be seen as cruel and unusual vindictiveness and a blow to the standards established in human civilisation. I award damages of $1,000,000 to Fluffy the cat, to be held by Mr Ellard as trustee.

I see these sorts of cases, all the time, in Australia. :D

Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:Preamble : That Mr Ellard, the applicant, had an effective at law contract, whereas Christian Pet Savers had a duty to ensure that "Fluffy the cat" was cared for on Earth after Mr Ellard was taken to heaven, by God during the rapture and this duty was thwarted by misleading and deceptive behaviour, and conspiracy between the defendant and co-defendant both holding the special knowledge that God had no intention of taking Mr Ellard to heaven.

Court Clerk : Calling the first witness "Fluffy the cat"
Counsel for the applicant : "So Fluffy. In your own words, how would you describe you disappointment of remaining in the care of Mr Ellard on Earth during the final battle of man"
"Fluffy the Cat" : " "
Counsel for the applicant : There you are, your honour. This cat, a noble upstanding cat, highly respected in the community, known for its charity work, is so traumatised it has lost the ability to speak. You can now step down Fluffy.
Justice Scalia : "I really don't need to hear any more evidence. To force such a noble cat to remain in the care of Mr Ellard can only be seen as cruel and unusual vindictiveness and a blow to the standards established in human civilisation. I award damages of $1,000,000 to Fluffy the cat, to be held by Mr Ellard as trustee.

I see these sorts of cases, all the time, in Australia. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:09 pm

I'm so looking forward to inherit my neighbor's crickets, but what if there won't be a rupture because we all get hit by a bus?

Nobrot
Poster

Postby Nobrot » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:20 pm

The poor wee thing:

TJrandom
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby TJrandom » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:08 am

Nobrot wrote:The poor wee thing:

Free at last. Free at last. Free at last....

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:53 am

No one with those socks on would be raptured.
#ANDAMOVIE

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:00 am

OK, as mentioned earlier, the rapture has ruptured (long since) and there where no innocents to be taken. And now the end is near!

Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:34 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:OK, as mentioned earlier, the rapture has ruptured (long since) and there where no innocents to be taken. And now the end is near!

Spectacular! I missed that story yesterday. Thanks, scrmbldggs.

And you are right. The Rapture Ready people are probably wetting their pants over this. It MUST mean something, right? We're so special that the things that happen to unimportant places like Jupiter (Shoemaker--Levy) wouldn't be allowed to happen to us unless they were meant as a warning. The logic is conclusive.

Addendum: The Rapture Ready news site has indeed reported on this, emphasizing the subheadline that "it's yet to be given an official explanation" and citing this link:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... rs-9767659

Really spooky, isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU

Poodle
Has More Than 7K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Postby Poodle » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Every four years, the faithful appear in their special clothing, raising their hands in the air and chanting ritualistic songs. It's de rigeur - all the signs are there (again), all the certainty is there (again), all the faith is there (oh - how many agains can you have?). THIS TIME it's really happening.

But every four years, the England soccer team fail, once again, to win the World Cup.

Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:28 pm

Poodle wrote:Every four years, the faithful appear in their special clothing, raising their hands in the air and chanting ritualistic songs. It's de rigeur - all the signs are there (again), all the certainty is there (again), all the faith is there (oh - how many agains can you have?). THIS TIME it's really happening.

But every four years, the England soccer team fail, once again, to win the World Cup.

Never lose heart! Remember the Red Sox and the Cubs. Surely by the end of this century, England will win again.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:18 pm

Upton_O_Goode wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:OK, as mentioned earlier, the rapture has ruptured (long since) and there where no innocents to be taken. And now the end is near!

Spectacular! I missed that story yesterday. Thanks, scrmbldggs.

And you are right. The Rapture Ready people are probably wetting their pants over this. It MUST mean something, right? We're so special that the things that happen to unimportant places like Jupiter (Shoemaker--Levy) wouldn't be allowed to happen to us unless they were meant as a warning. The logic is conclusive.

Addendum: The Rapture Ready news site has indeed reported on this, emphasizing the subheadline that "it's yet to be given an official explanation" and citing this link:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... rs-9767659

Really spooky, isn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU

*gurgle* :roll:

Back to the https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/cap ... ab1e1fa720 link:

A meteor is what zips through the sky, and meteorites are the rocks that reach the ground when it’s all over. Scientists can tell if a meteor produced meteorites based on the flash — the brighter the explosion, the larger the meteor must have been. Larger meteors have a better chance of staying somewhat intact until they reach the ground.

A fireball is a bright meteor, defined by the American Meteor Society. It appears possible that this fireball was technically a bolide, given the reports of a “flash” or “explosion.” A bolide is a very intense, bright fireball, that explodes in a flash of light as it ends.

The society says several thousand meteors of fireball-magnitude occur each day, though the vast majority of them appear over unpopulated areas.

"It's yet to be given an official explanation" must mean "Trump hasn't told us it's Jeebus yet".
#ANDAMOVIE

Sushisnake

Postby Sushisnake » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Sushisnake

Postby Sushisnake » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:53 pm

And from the FAQ

Yes, I can see it now. All those selfless, good hearted dog walkers and cat sitters going about their day, feeding Fluffy quickly so they can walk Marmaduke and Pugsley on time and not arrive to find little presents on the carpet, ignoring the rivers of blood in the streets from the final battle between Good and Evil, not to mention the severed heads of all the atheists and wrong faithuns who wouldn't accept Christ as their personal saviour. We all get beheaded before eternal torment and damnation in the fiery pit of hell, you see. Gentle Jesus, meek and mild, did warn us first time around he comes with a sword, not to bring peace, remember.

I'm not sure where After The Rapture Pet Care got their information from, but their version kind of reminds me of the public service in Beetlejuice. It certainly wasn't in the bible. Perhaps they dozed off in front of the tele, bible in lap, Beetlejuice on the box.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Sushisnake wrote:[video] https://youtu.be/-hJQ18S6aag [/video]

"Protein Causes Vice"

I knew it!
#ANDAMOVIE

Upton_O_Goode
Frequent Poster

Postby Upton_O_Goode » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:49 pm

Gord wrote:
Sushisnake wrote:[video] https://youtu.be/-hJQ18S6aag [/video]

"Protein Causes Vice"

I knew it!

Ah, the incomparable Peter Cook and Rowan Atkinson! Around the time that video was produced, it was reported that a consumer returned the Bible he had bought to the bookstore where he bought it, claiming it was defective. After all, the REAL Bible has a Book of Revelation that gives all the details of the Rapture and the people Left Behind, but in the one he bought, that book contained just a lot of obscure symbols and surrealistic, graphic violence.

Return to “SKEPTIC Magazine: Letters & Discussions”