x rays are bullshlt , the system is designed to blank over minorities

A skeptical look at medical practices
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

x rays are bullshlt , the system is designed to blank over minorities

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:59 pm

had this problem before .
x-rays are a waste of money . xrays and pain meds are for the poor and stupid .

real help is reserved for people they actually care about.
you have to be somebody , you have to be connected

what I need is a MRI

but the sytem created by normal intelligent people - wants to keep doing xrays .

really frustrating when your not any good at playing normal people games.

2 words for what is wrong with this planet - second word is people -
first word 6 letters and first letter is N
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Re: x rays

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:59 pm

answer - normal people

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:36 pm

pias, it might not seem that way to you, but you're normal, too. :)
Lard, save me from your followers.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:12 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote: x-rays are a waste of money.
Who said anyone was spending any money?
X ray specs.jpg
psychiatry is a scam wrote: what I need is a MRI
Done!
MRI glasses.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:23 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:what I need is a MRI
Why?

MRIs are usually done when people need them. Medical professionals like to use the appropriate tool for the job. If they're looking for something that can be detected with an X-ray, they'll use an X-ray.

But what you don't want is a "fishing expedition". You need to have something specific to look for before you look. Everyone has oddities that show up on X-rays or MRIs, but those oddities are not medical problems -- they're normal and not dangerous. If you just take an image to see what you can see, you'll always find something to investigate further. I think there was an article in Skeptic Magazine about this a while ago....
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:05 am

scrmbldggs wrote:pias, it might not seem that way to you, but you're normal, too. :)
just realized what you meant - I am part of the problem ; so in this one way , I am normal .
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:09 am

Gord wrote:
Why?

MRIs are usually done when people need them. Medical professionals like to use the appropriate tool for the job. If they're looking for something that can be detected with an X-ray, they'll use an X-ray.

But what you don't want is a "fishing expedition". You need to have something specific to look for before you look. Everyone has oddities that show up on X-rays or MRIs, but those oddities are not medical problems -- they're normal and not dangerous. If you just take an image to see what you can see, you'll always find something to investigate further. I think there was an article in Skeptic Magazine about this a while ago....

real simple - had several xrays taken of ankle - nothing wrong .

MRI shows extensive soft tissue damage - real simple fact - xray is misleading ; < worthless

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:11 am

another thing - was told xray was ok / nothing wrong ; ok to return to work !
than why give me huge pills for inflamation ????

Io
Poster

Post by Io » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:18 am

Are you sure they weren't for inflammation?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:25 am

Io wrote:Are you sure they weren't for inflammation?
I have no problem admitting I am stupid

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:25 am

so stupid I can not even realize how stupid I am.

which is frustrating ; because the things I see , have to be obvious even to an idiot

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:09 am

You've got to get off that train, pias. I rather doubt that what you say about yourself is true. You sound difficult, yes, but not really stupid. (Which also would be normal - it's not an isolated occurrence.)

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:08 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:
Gord wrote:
Why?

MRI shows extensive soft tissue damage - real simple fact - xray is misleading ; < worthless
So you did get an MRI?

I'm so confused.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:22 am

Gord wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:
Gord wrote:
Why?

So you did get an MRI?

I'm so confused.
thanks for noticing - the mri was for a different problem years ago .
thats why i am so upset now - because i know from past experience that xrays are useless .

its kind of amazing - i rant about psychiatry forcing poison on people .
and here i am being told to take a drug that would almost surely cause much more serious problems than joint pain.

side note - I have had several mri , even had a ct scan / enhanced .
have to admit -whole thing was a huge waste of time and money .
unless your a doctor collecting the money .
just needed a good brace and a LIGHTER boot .
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:30 am

scrmbldggs wrote:You've got to get off that train, pias. I rather doubt that what you say about yourself is true. You sound difficult, yes, but not really stupid. (Which also would be normal - it's not an isolated occurrence.)
i googled levels of intelligence - this could be a separate topic .
7 levels and 9 TYPES .

book smart and street smart ?

Io
Poster

Post by Io » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:38 pm

If you can see joint damage in an x-ray it's too late. Better think yourself lucky your x-rays aren't conclusive. Presumably you've had ultrasound sonography?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:28 pm

Io wrote:If you can see joint damage in an x-ray it's too late. Better think yourself lucky your x-rays aren't conclusive. Presumably you've had ultrasound sonography?
got a rant for that one to

but for here best answer is - MRI is the best thing for joint problems

Io
Poster

Post by Io » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:36 pm

Best thing is treatment. MRI is diagnostic. It's only useful as part of determining treatment. It's the treatment you want.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:51 am

Io wrote:Best thing is treatment. MRI is diagnostic. It's only useful as part of determining treatment. It's the treatment you want.
that is a good point .
but i think that stuff is reserved for other people.

xrays are the poor peoples treatment .
xrays and pills that cause high blood pressure , kidney disease , etc .
doctors help people they want to help .
minorities get screwed

Io
Poster

Post by Io » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:57 am

Well, without knowing anything about you I can't say what group "other people" constitutes but if you're in a country without a free national health service I can believe the system discriminates more against the less wealthy, but perhaps your attitude is also part of the problem. If you expect to be discriminated against then you'll see signs of discrimination everywhere and won't heed any counter signs. Confirmation bias.

X-rays & ultrasonographs are cheap first tests. They're quick and easy to do and give a good first indication of any obvious problem (or any change in a problem). Clearly the more expensive tests are only going to be used if simpler tests are inconclusive.

Just follow the treatment and see where it takes you. Every treatment has risks and potential side effects; you can't escape that. If you are getting minimal results, or dire side effects of one treatment, you can be tried on something else.

I don't know if any of my circumstances are relevant to you or not, but I know that here in the UK on the NHS you need to have been tried on two types of non-biologic treatments before you're considered for biologics. I've been through this myself - several years of dreadful side effects - and am now on an injected biologic that produces no side effects and has reduced my inflammation to pretty much zero. The damage 25+ years of untreated arthritis has caused is now beyond repair and I'm just on meds for pain and the prevention of the spread of inflammation. All the small joints of my hands and feet are gone and the bones are knackered. Today I can't walk and using my hands is quite the ordeal. This text, for example, has taken an age to type.

Whatever you've got, don't leave it untreated if you can manage it at all, or you could end up bedridden.

Lance Kennedy
Has No Life
Custom Title: Super Skeptic

Post by Lance Kennedy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Sad to hear of your arthritis problems, Io. For what it's worth, you have my sympathy, though I suspect that a good pain killer is of more value.

PIAS. Not sure what you have against x rays. Modern x rays are of such low intensity that there is no risk, and they often reveal a great deal.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:31 pm

Io wrote:Well, without knowing anything about you I can't say what group "other people" constitutes but if you're in a country without a free national health service I can believe the system discriminates more against the less wealthy, but perhaps your attitude is also part of the problem. If you expect to be discriminated against then you'll see signs of discrimination everywhere and won't heed any counter signs. Confirmation bias.

X-rays & ultrasonographs are cheap first tests. They're quick and easy to do and give a good first indication of any obvious problem (or any change in a problem). Clearly the more expensive tests are only going to be used if simpler tests are inconclusive.

Just follow the treatment and see where it takes you. Every treatment has risks and potential side effects; you can't escape that. If you are getting minimal results, or dire side effects of one treatment, you can be tried on something else.

I don't know if any of my circumstances are relevant to you or not, but I know that here in the UK on the NHS you need to have been tried on two types of non-biologic treatments before you're considered for biologics. I've been through this myself - several years of dreadful side effects - and am now on an injected biologic that produces no side effects and has reduced my inflammation to pretty much zero. The damage 25+ years of untreated arthritis has caused is now beyond repair and I'm just on meds for pain and the prevention of the spread of inflammation. All the small joints of my hands and feet are gone and the bones are knackered. Today I can't walk and using my hands is quite the ordeal. This text, for example, has taken an age to type.

Whatever you've got, don't leave it untreated if you can manage it at all, or you could end up bedridden.
thanx for the good response -

i agree money is a major factor .
and if you are a minority or a loser .
and yes my attitude is a factor ( stupid loser that people love to hate ) .
ironically the majority of people fall into the category of someone the medical system does not want to help .

just follow the treatment ? just read a story about Larry Ellison - he says one of the important things about him - he questions everything
especially people with authority .
with meds i feel it is a one chance thing - make one mistake and :frown:
nobody can afford to just do whatever a doctor tells you .
sounds like you know that better than me ?
i have always been paranoid and have almost always refused meds - all i take is aspirin .

had to look up non biologic - quick look and still have no idea .

Poodle
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Regular sleeper

Re: x rays are bullshlt , the system is designed to blank over minorities

Post by Poodle » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:15 am

Over the years you've been here, PIAS, you've done pretty well in dragging yourself out of what was (at the beginning) a pretty delusional hole. Well done! Now you appear to be doing your best to sink back into it. You CAN do better than that because you already have.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Post by psychiatry is a scam » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:35 am

Poodle wrote:Over the years you've been here, PIAS, you've done pretty well in dragging yourself out of what was (at the beginning) a pretty delusional hole. Well done! Now you appear to be doing your best to sink back into it. You CAN do better than that because you already have.
guess thats how the ruling class solves all its
problems that wont go away - he or she is delusional.

if anything over the years i have gotten older and sicker .
not for one second has my opinion wavered on psychiatry .

Gawdzilla Sama
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:19 am

I hope TPTB finish you off soon, you're getting more batshit by the day.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"
WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Io
Poster

Post by Io » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:54 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:thanx for the good response -

i agree money is a major factor .
and if you are a minority or a loser .
ironically the majority of people fall into the category of someone the medical system does not want to help .

just follow the treatment ? just read a story about Larry Ellison - he says one of the important things about him - he questions everything
especially people with authority .
nobody can afford to just do whatever a doctor tells you .
sounds like you know that better than me ?
i have always been paranoid and have almost always refused meds - all i take is aspirin .

had to look up non biologic - quick look and still have no idea .
A non-biologic is just a drug that isn't a biologic :)
I'm on adalimumab (Humira) currently and it seems to be doing the job. Lots of potential side effects (DO NOT read the list on wikipedia you will shit yourself!) but in practice produced none. I get very stressed when taking new meds too (it's very common, apparently) but I think it's quite normal to take close family members or friends along for moral support (and physical support in my case!)
Previously I'd been on methotrexate and another standard one the name of which escapes me at the moment (both not biologics). Both those produced side effects that I just couldn't stomach after three years. Once the rheumatologist had concluded that I wasn't responding to normal treatments in a reasonable timeframe I was recommended for biologics.
It's good to question everything, but also to learn from answers. The more you learn the more you more you can judge to what degree you need to question in future. The key is to learn the right stuff and be prepared to listen to differing opinions backed up by evidence. You also need to learn how to recognise good evidence. Basically, learn :)
especially people with authority
Doctors have skills and knowledge. Any authority you perceive is just that: your perception. They're just people trying to help and to earn a living. Like all people some are decent, some are opportunists. In the US some are also nutbar quacks, but use the aforementioned learning to spot those.

I'm lucky to live in the UK where all my treatment so far has been provided for by the government entirely for free.
I would also point out that both my GP and rheumatologist are from ethnic minorities. Make of that what you will.
You're not a loser unless you lose. You're still around: not lost. You'll lose if you give up, so don't do that.
It's not. It's highly improbable, bordering on ridiculous that meds prescribed to you will kill you right off. They'll have gone through clinical trials to ensure that doesn't happen. Your problem is that you distrust scientific processes, and authority. Use common sense and listen to people who explain why some mad conspiracy is mad.
Your GP is not an alien lizard, big corporations are not out to kill you and NASA definitely got astronauts to the moon.
nobody can afford to just do whatever a doctor tells you
This is just about your only valid concern. If your healthcare isn't free or paid by insurance then I can easily accept that money is a barrier to your health. Not much I can say if you're poor. If you're a hot girl, get a sugar daddy :)

Right, this has taken me so long to type that it's past my tea time and I'm ravenous. I can't be arsed to check if whatever I've said makes sense so you'll have to forgive me if it doesn't.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic

Post by scrmbldggs » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Thanks, Io. :bun:

Io
Poster

Post by Io » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:30 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:Thanks, Io. :bun: