I am rather baffled by the willingly ignorant...

A skeptical look at medical practices
gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Re: I am rather baffled by the willingly ignorant...

Post by gorgeous » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:42 am

Dr. Jonas Salk, inventor of polio vaccine, exposed as criminal

www.naturalnews.com/031564_Jonas_Salk_m ... --------Dr. Jonas Salk, inventor of polio vaccine, exposed as criminal-minded scientist who conducted illicit medical experiments on mental patients

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/031564_Jonas ... -According to the Associated Press, Dr. Jonas Salk co-authored a clinical trial that "injected experimental flu vaccine in male patients at a state insane asylum in Ypsilanti, Mich., then exposed them to flu several months later." The victims of this medical experiment were described as "senile and debilitated," meaning that obtaining their rational consent to participate in such experiments would have been impossible. And that means Dr. Jonas Salk -- one of the most highly-worshipped figures throughout modern medicine -- was conducting this trial in violation of medical ethics and in violation of the law.
-----------------AP reports that in 1963, for example, "Researchers injected cancer cells into 19 old and debilitated patients at a Jewish Chronic Disease Hospital in the New York borough of Brooklyn to see if their bodies would reject them." This was a pharma-funded experiment, of course, conducted by yet another criminal-minded researcher claiming to be carrying out "science."
-------------The AP goes on to report:

"In widely covered congressional hearings in 1973, pharmaceutical industry officials acknowledged they were using prisoners for testing because they were cheaper than chimpanzees."
-------------Of course, as many of these gross criminal activities came to light, the U.S. government was finally forced to put a stop to it due to public outcry. So the drug companies simply moved their criminal operations offshore where they now engage in routine medical experimentation on children in developing nations, usually by paying off top government officials in those countries to look the other way while their scientists and researchers unleash "pharma crimes" upon the people there.

This is how the experiments in Guatemala came about (http://www.naturalnews.com/029924_medical_ex...).

------------------------Unethical human experimentation in the United States ...

en.wikipedia.org/.../Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the...
---------------In 1941, at the University of Michigan, virologists Thomas Francis, Jonas Salk and other researchers deliberately infected patients at several Michigan mental institutions with the influenza virus by spraying the virus into their nasal passages.[19] Francis Payton Rous, based at the Rockefeller Institute and editor of the Journal of Experimental Medicine, wrote the following to Francis regarding the experiments:

"It may save you much trouble if you publish your paper... elsewhere than in the Journal of Experimental Medicine. The Journal is under constant scrutiny by the anti-vivisectionists who would not hesitate to play up the fact that you used for your tests human beings of a state institution. That the tests were wholly justified goes without saying."[20]
---------------------From the 1950s to 1972, mentally disabled children at the Willowbrook State School in Staten Island, New York were intentionally infected with viral hepatitis, for research whose purpose was to help discover a vaccine.[43] From 1963 to 1966, Saul Krugman of New York University promised the parents of mentally disabled children that their children would be enrolled into Willowbrook in exchange for signing a consent form for procedures that he claimed were "vaccinations." In reality, the procedures involved deliberately infecting children with viral hepatitis by feeding them an extract made from the feces of patients infected with the disease.[44][45]
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

scrmbldggs
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: something

Post by scrmbldggs » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:53 am

Ha, another double post/page thread. ^That last one is # 37 on the first page and # 41 on the second.
Lard, save me from your followers.

Harte
Poster

Post by Harte » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:55 am

SweetPea wrote:
scrmbldggs wrote:
SweetPea wrote:... something which is difficult to analyze because the herd has been vaccinated and so that offers protection to the unvaccinated due to lower rate of contact with the diseased than would otherwise be.
But lifespans would be longer now anyway, even without vaccinations.

Yeah, but beginning when?
Especially starting with proper sanitation in public and hospital facilities.

Actually, starting with proper water sanitation and sewage treatment considerations.

Harte
The skeptic, being a lover of his kind, desires to cure by speech, as best he can, the self-conceit and rashness of the dogmatists.
Sextus Empiricus, Outlines of PyrrhonismHello!

Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so.
Bertrand Russell

Gord
Obnoxious Weed
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Post by Gord » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:15 am

Aha!
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"Imagine an ennobling of what could be" -- the New Age BS Generator site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Lausten
Persistent Poster

Post by Lausten » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:01 pm

By the way, great argument, "I have all my vaccinations, why don't I have autism?" There are many people in this country with vaccine injuries, my daughter included. You don't need to be rude or condescending to others who have to suffer with this everyday. I pray to God you or your loved ones never have to suffer what we have because we didn't do our research well enough and believed what the government and doctors told us.

I've had some long discussion with a friend of mine who has too much time on his hands. He used this "do your own research" thing on me. Now I realize it is a phrase that is used by many readers of "Natural News", Dr. Oz, etc. I would back him into a corner where he agreed with me on the value of science, and even on much of what good science is, then he would slip out of it by saying "mainstream science" doesn't do it right.

I see no way of dealing of this, since any science you present, they can claim that it is bad science. There is such a thing as bad science, but they don't use any definition of bad science that I know of. Basically, if it's something they don't like, it's bad science. I've even used the very same data sets he used and showed him how he was not reading it right, or ignoring parts of the data, and he would say, "here's a YouTube", "Here's a guy from Berkeley in the 60's", "Here's a kid who smoked pot and cured his cancer". If they aren't willing to accept the rules of modern science, you can't talk to them about what is scientifically true or not.
A sermon helper that doesn't tell you what to believe: http://www.milepost100.com

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Post by gorgeous » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:20 pm

how about Salk and others abusing mental patients and others?
Science Fundamentalism...is exactly what happens when there’s a significant, perceived ideological threat to one’s traditions and identity.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Post by gorgeous » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:26 pm

seth-------------Now here is another example. Your conscious thoughts regulate
--your health. The persistent idea of illness will make you ill. While
you believe that you become ill because of viruses, infections or accidents,
then you must go to doctors who operate within that system of
belief. And because you believe in their cures, hopefully you will be
relieved of your difficulty.
Because you do not understand that your thoughts create illness you
will continue to undergo it, however, and new symptoms will appear.
You will again return to the doctor. When you are in the process of
changing beliefs — when you are beginning to realize that your thoughts
and feelings cause illness — then for a while you may not know what to
do.---------------------In the larger context you realize that the doctor can at best give you
temporary relief, yet you may not be completely convinced as yet of your
own ability to change your thoughts; or you may be so cowed by their
effectiveness that you are frightened. So there is a period of stress in
between beliefs, so to speak, while you dispense with one set and are
learning to use another.------------------The truth is then that you form your reality directly. You react consciously
and unconsciously to your beliefs. You collect from the physical
universe, and the interior one, data that seems to correlate with your
beliefs. --------------------------------To be healthy you must believe in health. A good physician is a
changer of beliefs. He will replace an idea of illness with one of health.
Whatever methods or drugs he uses will not be effective unless this
change of belief takes place.
Unfortunately, when man became a labeller he also made maps, so
to speak, of great complexity, categorizing various diseases with greater
effectiveness than ever before. He studied dead tissue to discover the
nature of the disease that killed it. Physicians began to think of men as
carriers of disease and diseases — which, in certain terms, they [the
physicians] did themselves create through some new medical procedures.
The old medicine men often dealt far more directly with the patient
himself, and understood the nature of beliefs and the prime importance
of suggestion. Many of their techniques were adopted for their psychological
shock value, in which the patient was quite effectively "brainwashed"
out of the disease he believed that he had.-------------------The present medical profession is sadly hampered because of its
own beliefs. Often it operates as a framework in which poor health and
disease are not only accepted as normal, but the concepts behind them
strengthened.------------------The naming and labelling of "diseases" is a harmful practice that to a
large extent denies the innate mobility and ever-changing quality of the
psyche as expressed in flesh. You are told that you have "something."
Out of the blue "it" has attacked you, and your most intimate organs,
perhaps. You are usually told that your emotions or beliefs or system of
values have nothing to do with the unfortunate circumstances that beset
you.--------------------While you believe that only doctors can cure you, you had better go
to them, because in the framework of your beliefs they are the only
people who can help you. But the framework itself is limiting; and again,
while you may be cured of one difficulty, you will only replace it with
another as long as your beliefs cause you to have physical problems.------------------------The body constantly heals
itself, which means that the soul in the flesh heals itself.---------------------Physically speaking at least, thoughts are
chemically propelled, and they travel through the universal body as viruses
travel through your temporal form.
Thoughts interact with the body and become part of it as viruses do. Some
viruses have great therapeutic value. The physical body will often let down its
own barriers to these, knowing they will counteract certain others that are not
beneficial at the time.
So-called harmful viruses are ever-present within the body. You are very
rarely vulnerable to any but a small percentage, though you cam within you
traces of the most deadly of them all of the time. Viruses themselves undergo
transformations completely unsuspected by medical men.--------------------------------So viruses can be beneficial or deadly according to the condition,
state, and needs of the body at any given time. It is known that one disease
can often cure another; sometimes, left alone, an individual will go
from a serious disease through a series of less severe ones that are
seemingly unrelated to the original problem.
Now in the context of usual Western learning, and with the introduction
of modern drugs, you are in somewhat of a quandary. The body
knows how to handle "natural" drugs coming directly from the earth —
whether ground or boiled, minced or steamed. A large variety of
"manufactured" drugs offer an unfamiliarity to the body's innate structure,
which can lead to strong defense mechanisms. These are often
aimed directly against the drug instead of the disease itself. Such a situation
means that you must then use another drug to counteract the one
just given.----------------------I am not suggesting that you not visit doctors or not
take drugs of that nature, as long as you believe in the structure of medical
discipline that the Western world has evolved. Your bodies have been
conditioned to it through the use of such medications since birth. There
are many casualties, but this is still a system that you have chosen, and \
our ideas still form your reality. No one dies who has not made the decision
to do so — and no disease is accepted blindly.

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Post by gorgeous » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:40 pm

seth-----------Many diseases are often health-promoting processes. Chicken pox, measles and other like diseases in childhood in their own way ‘naturally inoculate’ the body, so that it is able to handle other elements that are a part of the body and the body’s environment.

When civilised children are medically inoculated against such diseases … to an important extent the natural protective processes are impeded. Such children may not come down with the disease against which they are medically protected, then – but they may indeed therefore become ‘prey’ to other diseases later in life that would not otherwise have occurred.

I am not advising people to refuse to have their children vaccinated, since you now have to take vaccination into consideration because of its prominence in society. It is very possible however, that science itself will in time discover the unfortunate side effects of many such procedures, and begin to reevaluate the entire subject.

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:28 pm

gorgeous wrote:... When civilised children ...

I believe that it is the inoculations that civilize children...

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Post by gorgeous » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:34 pm

many do.........you can't deny so called "civilized" societies promote disease and other abominations.....

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:44 pm

gorgeous wrote:many do.........you can't deny so called "civilized" societies promote disease and other abominations.....

Ah yes – praise be it to the uncivilized….

gorgeous
Perpetual Poster

Post by gorgeous » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:05 pm

btw....in people with multiple personalities one personality might wear glasses, one might have allergies while the others don't....shows how the mind creates the physical body conditions---------New York Times------Probing the Enigma of Multiple Personality

By DANIEL GOLEMAN

Published: June 28, 1988----------"For more than a century clinicians have occasionally reported isolated cases of dramatic biological changes in people with multiple personalities as they switched from one to another. These include the abrupt appearance and disappearance of rashes, welts, scars and other tissue wounds; switches in handwriting and handedness; epilepsy, allergies and color blindness that strike only when a given personality is in control of the body. "

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:57 am

gorgeous wrote:how about Salk and others abusing mental patients and others?

Hitler abused mental patients, therefore we should ban mental patients.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Post by Matthew Ellard » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:36 am

gorgeous wrote:btw....in people with multiple personalities one personality might wear glasses, one might have allergies while the others don't....shows how the mind creates the physical body conditions---------New York Times------Probing the Enigma of Multiple Personality

By DANIEL GOLEMAN

Published: June 28, 1988----------"For more than a century clinicians have occasionally reported isolated cases of dramatic biological changes in people with multiple personalities as they switched from one to another. These include the abrupt appearance and disappearance of rashes, welts, scars and other tissue wounds; switches in handwriting and handedness; epilepsy, allergies and color blindness that strike only when a given personality is in control of the body. "

More lies from Gorgeous

Separating neuromyths from science in education : New Scientist
"Another theory still enjoying some credibility is that of "emotional intelligence". This has its origins in the US developmental psychologist Howard Gardner's "multiple intelligence" theory, and was popularised by Daniel Goleman in his 1996 book, Emotional Intelligence.

Gardner himself says in his book that "there is little evidence to support multiple intelligence theory".
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2 ... T7wryGqpBc

“Multiple personality carries with it the implication that they really have more than one personality,” Dr. Spiegel said. Not so. “The problem is fragmentation of identity, not that you really are 12 people,” he said, “that you have not more than one but less than one personality.”

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:35 pm

Idiocy comes home to roost. One might excuse the recent outbreaks in third world countries, but Italy, Germany, France, and the UK? Unfortunately not having a high enough percentage of the population vaccinated for measles is now causing deaths.

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:07 am

I feel like I've gone back in time. Does anyone else feel dizzy?
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

OlegTheBatty
Has No Life
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Post by OlegTheBatty » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:28 pm

Gord wrote:I feel like I've gone back in time. Does anyone else feel dizzy?
Nope. I'm immunized.
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Gord
Obnoxious Weed

Post by Gord » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:42 am

OlegTheBatty wrote:
Gord wrote:I feel like I've gone back in time. Does anyone else feel dizzy?
Nope. I'm immunized.
Against time travel? Do you know Dr. Who?
#ANDAMOVIE
Is Trump in jail yet?

TJrandom
Has More Than 9K Posts

Post by TJrandom » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:02 am

WHO? Yes, I have heard of such...