psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

A skeptical look at medical practices
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:39 pm

Gord wrote:Here's a quick equation which is not always correct, but is a good starting point:

TV + "psychiatrist" = scam

Remember, not always. Just like in classical physics, it's basically accurately at large scales, but starts to break down at smaller scales.

thats a step in the right direction.

Julie Hartley wants the system changed . her son Ian Hartley became another victim May 2nd .
regrettably she has no clue what is wrong or needs to be done .
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
Just us or else . makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Golden Spiral Trump

Postby Gord » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:53 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:regrettably she has no clue what is wrong or needs to be done .

Sure she does. Community Mental Health services aren't covered through private insurance, so she took Ian to a hospital emergency department instead.

One in ten suicides are by people who have been to an emergency department within two months of dying, many or whom are never assessed for suicide risk, but Ian Harley must have been assessed if that's specifically what he went there for. So, if he was assessed and released, the question is: Why?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2864482/

...If the patient endorses suicidal ideation, but does not have a plan, is not psychotic, has good judgment, has few risk factors (in particular, absence of depression or a history of suicide attempts) and lethal means are not available, the patient’s social support network needs to be activated. Permission to discuss their condition with a family member or significant other should be obtained immediately. Then the support person can be informed of the patient’s suicidal thoughts and plans. Once availability of the support person(s) is determined, the clinician can then determine the appropriateness of in-patient versus outpatient treatment options....

...As no single factor is universally causal, no single intervention will prevent all suicides....

...The “no-suicide” or “no-harm” verbal or written contract, in which a patient agrees to inform a relative, friend, or healthcare provider of their suicidal ideation and/or intent and to not act on their thoughts, is widely used in clinical practice. However, research suggests that the no-suicide contract is not an effective deterrent to self-harm....

I don't know what happened in Ian Hartley's case, but if he was released after a short visit, the person doing the evaluation must have felt he was not in immediate danger. The value of his social support network may have been overestimated, for instance. Or he may not even have told the emergency department that he had suicidal ideation. It's impossible to say without more information. But the fact is, the system isn't perfect and can never be perfect, and some people who are released will go on to commit suicide no matter what the evaluation, or its accuracy, of the emergency department.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

OlegTheBatty
Has More Than 9K Posts
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:24 pm

Gord wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:regrettably she has no clue what is wrong or needs to be done .

Sure she does. Community Mental Health services aren't covered through private insurance, so she took Ian to a hospital emergency department instead.

One in ten suicides are by people who have been to an emergency department within two months of dying, many or whom are never assessed for suicide risk, but Ian Harley must have been assessed if that's specifically what he went there for. So, if he was assessed and released, the question is: Why?

Suicidal people are not automatically honest about their thoughts/feelings just because they are being assessed in an EW. They may deny feelings and or ideation. They may claim a suicidal overdose was an accident and so on. The medics can't force them to be open and honest.

Some won't even discuss it with their family doctor; then sometimes blame the doctor for not fixing them.

Even whether an assessment took place would depend much more on what he told the medics than on what his mother told them. (Also true the other way around - if the parent was presenting a suicide attempt as an accident, but the patient said different to the medics.)
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:45 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:2/19/16 warning -
if you are thinking about going to a shrink ( or are already going to one ) it is because you need help . nothing wrong with needing help .
what you need to think about is - why should a shrink help you ?
they are in their office to make as much money as easily as possible .

the BELL JAR - by Sylvia Plath

9/30/14 CHARLES LYELL - THINKING OUTSIDE THE ASYLUM - the dopamine project - how the inmates stole control - certain pathological symptoms of addictions , such as lying , deceit , cheating , stealing , and killing , provide significant benefits to power , status , and money addicts (normals).

6/2/15 Bruce Jenner - the driving force behind everything is money / profit - if he really wants to contribute - publish on the internet all the money he spent and insurance money collected by medical people for everything - especially thought changing meds / drugs . :burn:

4/4/15 Walter Scott - shrinks side with whoever is in power - shrinks are a major part of covering up the truth . shrinks always benefit from the misery outside their offices .
everybody loses , except those involved in the mental health scam .
3/27/15 Andreas Lubitz - shrinks will never tell the truth about how their synthetic garbage and < useless bs made him insane .

1/24/15 just read in forum guidelines that editing reflects poorly on my character . :-(

1/14/15 should mention HOWARD GELD / Howie the Harp who died February 14, 1995 - think we were born the same year .
He was considered to be the Martin Luther King for the mentally ill .
1/3/15 everyday health .com - 9 secret signs of loneliness - mental health system looks for a drug substitute for human contact
12/19/14 the mental health industry is hostile and bigoted towards the people they claim they want to help - and therefore actually perpetuate discrimination and bullying .
school bullying of children , or work place bullying of adults - the mental health industry is bad for everyone except those who get paid .
12/14/14 very basic premise in grade school science - HAVE A CONTROL GROUP - why is it so important to the mental health industry that is looking for miracle drugs - to not have a control group ??? people who do not want to experiment with synthetic junk , should be given any and every other possible means of help ; instead of being attacked , bullied , ostracized , - isolated - , etc. . shrinks know the importance of isolation , it is one of the favorite tortures of military shrinks .
12/1/14 CHARLES SIEBERT story in mens journal / health and fitness - heal thyself
10/1/14 mensjournal.com When to say NO to your doctor - same ideas apply to shrinks - are shrinks really doctors ?
11/25/14 Forbes magazine story about the American Psychological Association leaves the dark side ; in response to
James Risen's book PAY any PRICE .
have to say that J RISEN also wrote a story about WEN HO LEE , so I have to wonder about his credibility -
11/7/14
Amanda Bynes - another medication experiment , the shrinks get paid , she and her family are wrecked . no one will ever know what drugs she was given - they have to protect her privacy. shrinks knew that the junk they were giving her would only make her sicker .
- probably would have taken a year just to clear the street drugs she was taking from her brain . but they never wait . no reason to wait , they can't be sued .

10/24/14
Jaylen Fryberg - all he had to do is go to the school counselor and tell what he was thinking . then he could of spent the rest of his life in a psychiatric prison - forced to take meds - being abused and tortured by guards and other patients - until the side effects hastened his death ( about 30 years ) . wonder why he chose murder / suicide instead ??? :burn:
10/14/14
the pple that frequent this website are invested in psychiatry and hate me . put aside what I am and try to understand the idea . if I am wrong it does not matter . if I am right , this could be the seed for PREVENTION - which is the only real cure .
it is a lot like the cliché - bankers loan money to people who do not need money ---
- legal system helps criminals - and screws over the victims of crime.
- mental health business helps normal people and bullies who do not need help , and screws over the victims
9/19/14
tv show about Kevins' law , a Michigan law to allow relatives to force someone to take meds . created in 2005 ? it is not being used . show complains that is wrong ?
if forced were of any value people would use the law . but the medical system and the people who think forced meds are all that is needed are less then useless.
made a minor attempt today - same thing - less then useless bigots who do nothing but push meds , and write bs
8/22/14
12/4/14 angawawa 11/2/12 post about regular ECT - 12/26/13 LAST POST - 1/16/14 LAST VISIT . ECT is an important topic , but his experience is lost ?
the experience of everyone should be recorded somewhere - truth is important
not getting any response from the person who said he was going to try ECT on a regular basis (3 times a year) . looks like he is no longer posting.
based on this I am going to assume that ECT like meds if tried (chronically / regularly) is worse then deadly . unless someone is willing to prove otherwise ?
8/8/14 story in eskeptic magazine about whistle blowing - exactly what happened to me ; and what is happening here .
7/23/14 how come no one responds ? disagree/agree ? I notice views . guess it doesn't matter to anyone until they are a victim and are dead or worse

look up the long term side effects of ssri meds . why do they insist on experimenting with drugs that do so much harm ?
what is happening is similar to the x-men movies . psychiatry is conducting a war to exterminate the mutants .
how much more proof do you need that the mental health system is less then useless . greedy do nothing bigots can not help sick people

5/19/14 want to repeat the need for everyone who has sought help -
to go to small claims court and have their therapist explain what exactly they did for the money they took .

5/7/14 tried calling state protection and advocacy - they get several million a year from the state - asked if they could give me a referral to an advocate - I could pay . they don't do referrals !!! all they do is hustle for donations .
really want to repeat and stress the enormous negative impact of going to a hospital / doctor ; needing help , needing someone on your side - and they are not even neutral , they being normal are hostile and bigoted .

3/22/14 TAM The Amazing Meeting - a gathering of critical thinkers - opportunity to make LIKE MINDED FRIENDS . Looking at their website and the people involved - doctors , psychologists , psychiatrists , magicians etc. it is obvious why I get such a hostile reaction here . these are all intelligent , successful book writers who can not afford to care about the bottom 10 % (or bottom 90%) . they are in general anti-religion ; but like any religion are united in a common cause ; make a lot of money and never do any real work . if I were to go there , I would be ripped apart , humiliated . just like any religion they have zero tolerance . ironically they seem to be all white .

recently read a story about adopting pets - all the animals need is love . regrettably for humans who have money or insurance the only option is too obey shrinks . if you try to argue you are locked up and tortured by thugs hired by the shrinks

2/7/14 look new story - psychotherapy may be effective treatment for schizophrenia - wow , these bloodsuckers don't care how they rob the helpless sick :burn:

1/27/14 Gus Deeds 24 - his father blames the mental health system for not having a bed ( forcibly committing him ) . I wish I could point out to this senator - hey the system failed to prevent his son from getting sick / in the first place - . the system is designed to control the millions of people who have no money / and to make money for themselves as easily as possible . this senator is so naïve (like all normal intelligent people) that he let the system do to his son what it does to everyone . you people can not imagine the living hell of having your father turn against you because of the side effects of stopping a medication .

11/24/13 over 15 years ago I vcr taped a show about a homeless man who was living in the nyc grand central station area .
to exist in that area he would have to be much smarter and tougher then me and a lot of normal people .
he was going to a shrink and asking for a place to sleep and needed his eye glasses fixed . the shrink demanded that he take medications first .
about a month later his body was found in the east river . I thought the shrink was cruel then ; and nothing has changed , actually it's getting worse.
their / the shrinks hustle is getting more sophisticated .

Tuesday October 29th - really should mention Abraham Maslow hierarchy of needs . his ideas were popular when first presented in the 1940s. but you don't hear much about him today . simple reason is there is no profit with helping sick people with their basic physiological and safety needs . if medical insurance was spent on these basic needs , there would be nothing left for the shrinks .
an example is in the book the history of the American psychiatric association - it mentions how shrinks noticed bathing helped depressed people . no profit in helping sick people get a decent apartment they could bathe in . so they did experiments that eventually led to wrapping patients in wet blankets .
( guess it was cold water shock therapy ?) but some of the sick people died from hypothermia . so the shrinks dropped the idea .

Sunday September 1st 2013 - 60 minutes tv show video about Kahn academy - after 11 minutes the chairman of Google says - innovation never comes from the established institutions . it's always a graduate student or a crazy person or somebody with a great vision .

8/21/13 instead of attacking me - supply proof that psychiatry is the best use of medical insurance for the mentally ill .
8/29/13 realized people who just want to attack , who do not add any useful ideas ; better to just click ignore

6/27/13 I went to the movie world war Z ; it has an interesting concept in it . he asked an Israeli official how he KNEW . the official explained how past errors were all agreed with unanimously . so they decided to have a tenth 10th man ; when all nine agreed on something the 10th man would assume they are wrong . I wish that could happen here . one would think it would be natural in a SKEPTIC forum . but the concept holds here same as everywhere . the majority always refuses to think they could be wrong . this forum seems to be controlled by people who want to crush skepticism .
6/3/13 look up ALLEN FRANCIS MD - can congress cure the disorder in mental health -
THEN TELL ME I HAVE TO BE TOTALLY WRONG
so I am not alone in thinking mental health is not perfect
People keep demanding proof . How about proving to me that I am wrong
for wanting better value for my insurance ?
Look up any drug/med and include lawsuit .
All meds are being sued for severe side effects, and even birth defects !

this is my first post the day I joined - 2/3/13
psychiatry is an evil scam run by greedy for profit and revenge.
they know that by doing nothing , they can drive sick people insane and make a lot of money.
they know that by bullying the weak ; they are destroying this country and making billions.
they know that evil always wins .
never underestimate the power of the dark side
the religious cult of psychiatry must be exposed and destroyed or we are all doomed.

2/8 pretty much getting ripped to shreds here . keep getting asked for proof .
i know i can't prove anything to them . there is one simple fact . shrinks never DO any real work . they will not even refer you to someone who would be willing to do real work.

there is a book that tries to explain what is happening .
THE TEENAGE LIBERATION HANDBOOK by GRACE LLEWELLYN
check page 39 the sentence above - why should you have freedom ?
"it's all complicated by the FACT that the people who infringe most dangerously and inescapably on your freedom are those who say they are helping you , those who are CONVINCED you need their help: teachers , school counselors , perhaps your parents."

2/10 what follows is a good example of what happens if you need help and go to a doctor/shrink .
its amazing that normal people and shrinks are all exactly the same . they dont give a about anything but winning . dont care how much pain they cause ; or who they hurt .
3/6
HappySeedT: well i had no intentions of entering this industry to scam people out of money
HappySeedT: thank you for informing me the types of assumptions i'd be up against once assumed
HappySeedT: normal means having kids and making money and killing fools if they impede essentially...

shrinks have to go to school till mid 20s ? before they can intern . where they start by killing people in psychiatric prisons with forced meds and ect and ? they develop a hatred for the sick and needy that they call fools in private .

college study about Evil
Would an evil place that was populated with only good people dominate and corrupt them, or would humanity win out and keep them decent and caring despite such a situation? Within 36 hours, one of the normal, healthy college students had a severe emotional breakdown and had to be released from his prisoner role. On each of the next five days and nights, other prisoners broke down in similarly disturbing ways. I was forced to terminate this experiment, to shut down my prison after only 6 days; it had spun out of control. Bad news in this particular contest between good and evil: evil 1, humanity 0.
situation was a setting where institutionalized evil dominated. Rules, roles, uniforms, policies, group dynamics, arbitrary power differentials -- all within a physical context that gave legitimacy to the treatment of other people in dehumanizing ways. This metaphor of powerful guards dominating powerless prisoners is not limited to either my mock prison or real prisons, but can be seen in many settings: traditional marriages, *** mental hospitals, *** schools, military and business settings.

3/23 another thing id like to add . i have a little experience in a heavy industry . the place has to run , millions of dollars at stake . they can't play games . 24/7/365 - when a machine fails the bosses get mad . they find someone to get the place running again ; if you cant do the job , you get out of the way . compare this to the mental health system ; where the only thing at stake is a child and his family . there are no bosses to demand results . the shrinks can talk bs , bully , blame . do anything they want and are never punished for failure . they always get paid , they get paid more when things get worse . the one thing they make sure about and dont bs or play games about is getting the insurance money . they always go after their money

seems to be a group of bullys on this site , who have no interest in honest exploration of issues
4/23 wonder how much of the violence that plagues society today is a direct result of discrimination promoted by psychiatry ? the shrinks know the more screwed up society is , the more money and power they get .

6/2014 study about grumpy employees - Whimsley / tomslee 1/23/07 - Jennifer Wells interview Jing Zhou , of Rice University.
same thing happens when these negative people try to complain ; they get beat down by the positive happy normal people / shrinks

really made a mess of my original post , wish I had more energy . shrinks don't do that stuff

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:13 pm

"they are in their office to make as much money as easily as possible....."

/////////Thats all the attention span I have to read. I DO certainly hope and assume that actual Doctor type Psychiatrists are "true professionals" and would not subcumb to that constant siren's song.................but I assume equally that all those of lesser status fail to escape the shoals of others despair. eg: especially marriage counselors. Uniformly Horrible. Only thing giving them any purchase at all is the nuttering incompetency of their clientele...... and that by and large they are self regulating.

Ha, ha. Self Regulating: Latin for Not Regulated at all.

Silly Hoomans.
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.
Asking: What is the most good for the most people?
Sample Issue: Should the Feds provide all babies with free diapers?

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:36 am

There are all types of people. Certainly there must be some out there who are in it purely for the money. And certainly there must be some who started out wanting to help people, but now do it just for the money. But the medical profession is a very difficult one, with a high rate of suicide amongst the doctors themselves because the job is so hard on them.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... icide-rate

The occupation with the highest suicide rate
Doctors committing suicide at high rates

For many years now, physicians have had the highest suicide rate compared to people in any other line of work.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/410643_2

The overall physician suicide rate cited by most studies has been between 28 and 40 per 100,000, compared with the overall rate in the general population of 12.3 per 100,000.[1] Overall, then, physicians are more than twice as likely as the general population to kill themselves.

Here, don't read this, it's about doctors who've committed suicide and is very depressing: http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/depress ... -solutions But here's part of one suicide note:

“I love practicing medicine. Unequivocally. Yet it sometimes seems as much a burden as a privilege. We begin our careers in the anatomy room, a ghoulish lab in which many ‘civilians’ would faint. We cut our teeth in bloody operating rooms and intensive care units from which few people leave intact. We spend our lives bearing witness to the sufferings and diseases of troubled souls. We are well paid, intellectually stimulated, and, if we are lucky, trusted and maybe even loved by our patients. Yet on certain days, when our patients do not do well, the trade-off seems untenable.

How are we to protect ourselves from the emotional hazards of the practice of medicine? How are we to stand with our patients through the very worst while avoiding depression, significant stress reactions, and even substance abuse or addiction?”

Love, Greg
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:45 am

I thought Dentists consistently have the highest suicide rate? Not as many bad results, but much less respect and the job is a total bore.

As to Greg: he obviously missed the curriculum on forming clinical detachment. If you can't do that....go into sports medicine.

TBF--I hadn't heard before that MD's had high suicide rates. They have all the tools to avoid it. Must be............something psychological?
Real Name: bobbo the existential pragmatic evangelical anti-theist and Class Warrior.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:51 am

Gord wrote:But the medical profession is a very difficult one, with a high rate of suicide amongst the doctors themselves because the job is so hard on them.

My father's psychiatric practice had more than 20 psychiatrists. There is reason to believe that continual conversation with people with specific delusions can, through repeated exchange of syntax and thought processes, be subconsciously adopted by the psychiatrists. It can be a "two way street".

I think this is probably true as historical psychiatric disease epidemics move through culture in a similar way to language.

I asked dad how he reviewed and countered this in the practice. Dad said there was no rule, but ensured he had face to face conversations with all the partners at least once a month, and asked them about their current patients.

It was really interesting.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:04 am

Hey Smart Matt: whats it like to have a psychiatrist as a Dad? TV would have it to be totally disfunctional....but I tend to disbelieve that thinking "they have the tools" to be the very best Dads? But then with just a psych degree myself.....I did imagine growing my kiddie in a Skinner Box. Would I be bad if I had done that?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:20 am

bobbo_the_Pragmatist wrote: whats it like to have a psychiatrist as a Dad?
Considering he was also airforce, he was simply away a lot, working. He did two tours of Vietnam before my mother insisted he take the entire family with him next time. One morning he announced...."We are moving to India" A couple years later "We are moving to Austria" A couple years later "We are moving to Hong Kong" and so on and so on.
http://www.nas.gov.sg/archivesonline/ph ... 50568939ad

His hobby was psychopaths, so he eventually became the commissioner of prisons in NSW in the 80's and mum sat on the NSW parole board. It became a family hobby.

My younger brother Bartholomew (Tom) was very influenced by him and thus my younger brother's music albums and songs were all lifted from dad's book collection on psychopaths and crimes of horror.

sevhed skulls.jpg

Dead Eyes Open
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM9XkkrhUj0

City Slab Horror,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoHnHH1hhJM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bobbo_the_Pragmatist
Has More Than 6K Posts

Postby bobbo_the_Pragmatist » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:18 am

Very adroit. Youth is wasted on the young....all that nice travel...................... Pros and Cons to all we do.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Re: psychiatry is a scam

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:58 am

angawawa wrote:I take great offense to your claim. Without the help of psychiatrists I would have committed suicide five times over by now. Because of psychiatric medications I can now, after many awful years, live a normal happy life where I am charge of how I feel, my mental problems are not in charge of me. If you have ever known anyone who suffered from mental illness and was able to recover, they probably saw a psychiatrist. Not all doctors of any type are good at what they do. In fact, I have a pretty low opinion of doctors in general because so many of them are arrogant pricks who treat every patient like they're a moron. Maybe you have personal experience. If so, share it. But I suspect this is a one-off posting and we'll not hear from you again.

sooo , what is your story now ???

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=22255&p=381038

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: psychiatry is a scam

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:38 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:sooo , what is your story now ???
Angawawa left the forum two and a half years ago.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:03 am

a New approach to Mental health - by Hugh Macnab

the first few pages and even the book title suggest psychiatry / medication may not be perfect !

also suggests external causes / past and present are factors !

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:34 am

recent example - a leaking gas regulator -

chronic exposure to natural gas can cause symptoms that doctors and shrinks

instantly label mental illness .

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:25 pm

Conway east - money , drugs , and seeking professional help . kind of almost feel sorry for him ; they will eat him alive .

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:09 pm

how your toxic boss is hurting your mental health / Carolyn Gregoire / 1-10-17
your bullying boss may be slowly killing you / Stephanie Pappas / 1 - 12 - 12

2 good stories about how people with psychopathic / narcissistic traits (normal people) deliberately slowly make people sick.
the mental health system / shrinks are a major factor in perpetuating this insanity.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:37 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:2 good stories about how people with psychopathic / narcissistic traits (normal people) deliberately slowly make people sick.
the mental health system / shrinks are a major factor in perpetuating this insanity.

Try set out your logic in clear terms.
1) Psychiatrists cure people with narcissistic personality disorders.
2) Bosses with narcissistic personality disorders diminish the mental health of their employees.

Therefore, why do you claim psychiatrists are perpetuating this problem. In reality psychiatrists are reducing the problem by curing the bosses.

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by greedy nazis for revenge

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:03 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Question for the OP: If psychiatrists are that powerful how do you have a computer to post from?

I actually had to look up OP :-(
There was one other person who had insight about the system - HOWARD GELD , Howie the harp -
I went to a NAMI convention where he was the main speaker .
he died at the age of 42 ; which is about average for people who have received decades of help .
very few people survive their help . I wonder how many people - if any - are like me . (actually have access to the internet)
If shrinks were given total power - were able to force drugs on everyone they wanted too - ; maybe mistakes like me would not happen

You're not seeing the problem. Pshrinks are just doctors. They are not gods or boojums or wampyres.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:27 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:2 good stories about how people with psychopathic / narcissistic traits (normal people) deliberately slowly make people sick.

Try set out your logic in clear terms.
1) Psychiatrists cure people with narcissistic personality disorders.
2) Bosses with narcissistic personality disorders diminish the mental health of their employees.

Therefore, why do you claim psychiatrists are perpetuating this problem. In reality psychiatrists are reducing the problem by curing the bosses.

just stumbled on the meaning of your if/than logic .
actually a bit beyond me - but now that I see what your saying - I need to point out .
neither story mentions anything about bosses getting mental help .
it is so far from reality that the story writers do not even think about mentioning it .

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:36 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote: I need to point out . neither story mentions anything about bosses getting mental help . .
Hang on. You also refuse to get mental health help for your mental health issues, remember?

You are blaming psychiatrists because you and bosses with mental health issues refuse to see psychiatrists.

How on earth can you blame psychiatrists if you refuse to see them? Set out your logic for your ridiculous claim.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:01 pm

#ANDAMOVIE

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:06 pm

thanx for the link . ironic he wood talk about flying ; cause a very real probability for people who are afraid to fly is ---
FLYING IS VERY DANGEROUS - THESE PEOPLE HAVE COMMON SENSE , that normal people don't have .

also noticed the word COPE in the presentation . I have an alternative idea -
what I want to do is create a new type of therapy - DONT GET MAD , GET EVEN .
if your having a problem , legally beat the blank out of the people who are hurting you - financially and physically / prison sentence.

I know this works , because I accidentally was able to do this once .
REVENGE can make closure and moving on easy .

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:09 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:FLYING IS VERY DANGEROUS - THESE PEOPLE HAVE COMMON SENSE , that normal people don't have.

Flying is safer than driving.
#ANDAMOVIE

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:12 pm

Gord wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:FLYING IS VERY DANGEROUS - THESE PEOPLE HAVE COMMON SENSE , that normal people don't have.

both vary a lot .
how many pple are afraid to ride in the back seat of full size car ?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:09 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote: I have an alternative idea - DONT GET MAD , GET EVEN .
if your having a problem , legally beat the blank out of the people who are hurting you - financially and physically / prison sentence.
This is a very bad plan for a simple reason. It doesn't cure you and you simply remain unhappy.

Are you enjoying life, dating a nice person, engaging in fun and interesting conversations with friends who want to catch up with you? If the answer is "No", and if you have a psychiatric illness that prevents all these things from happening, then see a professional and have that illness cured. You can then become happy.

For example, you annoy me by insulting psychiatrists with no backing arguments. By your own advice, should I now beat the blank out or you, ruin you financially and physically and have you sent to prison?

Alternatively, there are some people on this planet who simply live to complain about things. They never left a finger to change anything and just become more and more crazy and isolated. Do you think that is a good plan?

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:12 am

You make it sound like "getting better" was ever the plan.
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:05 am

Gord wrote:

both vary a lot .
how many pple are afraid to ride in the back seat of full size car ?

My point was that common sense is not a very effective predictor of danger...or many other things, for that matter.
#ANDAMOVIE

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:16 am

For example, you annoy me by insulting psychiatrists with no backing arguments. By your own advice, should I now beat the blank out or you, ruin you financially and physically and have you sent to prison?

that's what people do , they hurt me any way they can - illegally .
and when they hurt me legally ; when they figure out I could fight back legally ; they chicken out and go back to hurting me illegally .
if someone were to take me to court about psychiatry they would probably win .
my original post - never underestimate the power of the dark side.
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:24 am

Considering that he's a lawyer, (not to mention he's on the other side of the world) it wouldn't do you much good to sue him even if you could.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:26 pm

the purpose of the EEOC , NAACP , ACLU , etc. is to fight back and get revenge .

you should go to an NAACP meeting and tell them they are wrong - they should take synthetic happy pills and psychotherapy on how to cope .

maybe tell da trump to make these crazy cults illegal

Major Malfunction
True Skeptic
Custom Title: The Hyphenator

Postby Major Malfunction » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:49 pm

I think you need to go back on you meds, mate.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:14 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:For example, you annoy me by insulting psychiatrists with no backing arguments. By your own advice, should I now beat the blank out or you, ruin you financially and physically and have you sent to prison?
psychiatry is a scam wrote:that's what people do , they hurt me any way they can.

Has it occurred to you, for a nanosecond, that if you stopped making unsubstantiated claims about psychiatrists on a skeptic forum, that demands evidence, that your ongoing problems might go away?

In other words, you are making all these bad things happen to yourself.

Do you have any counter argument to this observation?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:For example, you annoy me by insulting psychiatrists with no backing arguments. By your own advice, should I now beat the blank out or you, ruin you financially and physically and have you sent to prison?
psychiatry is a scam wrote:that's what people do , they hurt me any way they can.

Has it occurred to you, for a nanosecond, that if you stopped making unsubstantiated claims about psychiatrists on a skeptic forum, that demands evidence, that your ongoing problems might go away?

In other words, you are making all these bad things happen to yourself.

Do you have any counter argument to this observation?

it is true - that as one person here says ; if you tell the truth , make people laugh or they will kill you .

but to say that 60 years of bullying is because of my telling the truth here , and all I have to do is stop typing . well -
another person here says - the people here were all created using the same process , and therefore may contain traces of nuts

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:I think you need to go back on you meds, mate.

your right - I exist in a society / world that for most people the best option is mood altering drugs .

people want to make money by selling < worthless poison to other people .
it is not an accident that this sick twisted society exists . its simple economics .

evil like gravity is the natural state

Cadmusteeth
Regular Poster

Postby Cadmusteeth » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:25 pm

I have an uncle who likes to argue just for the sake of arguing and is a conspiracy nut. The more think about it the more I think that he and pias have the same problems. Whether it's from mental inbalances or not- I don't know.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:55 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:your right - I exist in a society / world that for most people the best option is mood altering drugs
You exist in a society where most people who suffer psychiatric illness, go see a professional to get cured, using a variety of tested methods and feel much happier as a result.

Unlike most people, you have chosen to remain unhappy.

Don't blame society or other people. Take personal responsibility for your decision.

Major Malfunction
True Skeptic
Custom Title: The Hyphenator

Postby Major Malfunction » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:08 am

your right - I exist in a society / world that for most people the best option is mood altering drugs .

people want to make money by selling < worthless poison to other people .

There are snake oil salesmen, and there is effective, scientifically-proven medicine. Don't cornflake the woo.

If the drug alters your mood to make you feel happier, then it's not worthless, is it?

If you've had a bad experience with a previous psychiatrist &/or medication regime, I suggest you seek a second opinion. And keep seeking, until you find a doctor who actually knows his {!#%@}. I know, they're hard to come by. I know I'm smarter than most general practitioners I've ever met. I just need them to sign the prescription. Usually.
This being was produced using the same process as other beings, and therefore, may contain traces of nuts.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:38 pm

Major Malfunction wrote:If the drug alters your mood to make you feel happier, then it's not worthless, is it?.
Absolutely true.

A psychiatrist has a range of tried & scientifically tested remedies to bring a patient, as close as possible, to good metal health as possible. Psychiatric drugs are just one option.

There is no point telling us non-medical strangers on a forum about psychiatric problems, for four years, when a good psychiatrist can probably remedy the situation in a month.

The Man who mistook his wife for a hat by Dr Oliver Sacks
I strongly suggest "Psychiatry is a scam" reads this book. Dr Sacks treats people with non-psychiatric brain illnesses like Tourette Syndrome, Parkinsons and dementia. Dr Sacks discusses ten or so cases on how he meets the patient, convinces them to try a medical remedy and then works out the best drug regime (balance) to make the patient happy and eliminate crippling depression.

Most interesting was a jazz drummer with Tourette Syndrome. The medical remedy, a dopamine, hindered the drummer's quirky drumming style. So Dr Sacks worked out a timing regime where the drummer stopped taking dopamines on Thursday night to allow the drummer to play on weekends and start drugs again on Sunday night. It was a very happy trade off

Dr Sacks is played by Robin Williams in the movie Awakenings. Here is the original footage of Dr Sacks and curing people suffering catatonia in the late 1960's, which is the story of the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmHRVBUZlBE

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:15 am

saw the movie - the drugs provided a temporary fix .
its a good example of my belief that drugs at best are only temporary...

and
the longer experimented with the harsher the side effect / tardive dyskinesia

and again - I can only generalize - I believe there are no absolutes / except for the

in general the people who walk into a psych office , who might be capable of working .
but who are victims of discrimination and bullying ; are in general hurt by bigoted shrinks
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Healthcare”