psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

A skeptical look at medical practices
Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Re: psychiatry is a scam

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:15 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote::oldman: this is the kind of hate that a mentally sick person gets if they do not obey

No. It's the kind of hate the idiots get for telling lies on a skeptic forum..
:D

How many psychiatrists were de-registered last year?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:58 am

:pc:
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong .

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:11 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote: :pc:

You can't use the emoticon "I'm eating popcorn, will sit back and enjoy the argument" if you are the person who lied on a Skeptic forum.

You made a direct claim that
" Psychiatrists have total power and zero responsibility" and yet you simultaneously know that over 1500 psychiatrists were de-registered for malpractice last year.
Explain the discrepancy or expect to be laughed at, some more.

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Silent Ork

Postby Gord » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:22 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote::oldman: this is the kind of hate that a mentally sick person gets if they do not obey

pias, you're confusing hate with despair. Matthew is tired of you continually asking for answers and then ignoring them, pretending they don't exist, because they aren't the answers you want.

No one here hates you.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Postby Austin Harper » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:42 pm

We're not mad, we're just disappointed.
Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

CherylJ

Postby CherylJ » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:32 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:which equals the perfect scam - they have total power and zero responsibility . exactly what one would expect from experts at manipulation :burn:

That's just it - you seem to think they have much more power and a broader purview than they have.

If I go to the dentist, all he or she can do is look at my teeth, and recommend a way to fix them. (And it's also possible that they are simply unfixable.) I could have a dozen other problems that are tens time more threatening to my safety or well being than my teeth - I might be unemployed or homeless or addicted to meth or live in violent neighborhood, or have an abusive spouse, or owe money to the mafia because of my gambling debts or any number of more serious things. My dentist isn't a bad dentist because he can't help me with those other problems. Dentists fix teeth. That's what they're trained to do, and that's what insurance companies and individuals pay them to do. It sounds to me that you are blaming psychiatrists for not solving problems that are completely beyond their scope or mandate.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:54 pm

CherylJ wrote: It sounds to me that you are blaming psychiatrists for not solving problems that are completely beyond their scope or mandate.

This is a really good point.

I am now going to express a little sympathy to "Psychiatry is a Scam" on this point.

I understand that services, previously provided by psychiatrists are now being supplied by trained psychologists, with no loss of quality. Indeed General Practitioners now delve into simple psychiatric issues as their training has improved. Therefore, it could be said that a range of professionals are responsible for the public's psychiatric well being. Therefore we should not blame only one of those professions.

However, as you pointed out, the above professionals only supply services defined by either professional standards or their commercial contract obligations. Therefore, when a person like "Psychiatry is a Scam", who suffers fuzzy thinking and can't define his own problem, wants help, he has no idea if his problem fits into the range of services provided by the above group of professionals. For example if "Psychiatry is a Scam" is depressed simply because he is fat or obnoxious in conversation, then these people can't help him.

You and I have family members, friends at work and "best buddies", who can give general advise without fear of reprisals , "Mate, you're only upset because you are too fat. Stop eating" and "Don't wear that Star Wars T-Shirt on your first date". If "Psychiatry is a Scam" has cut himself off from all these sorts of friends, then it could be quite daunting trying to self assess what the actual problem is.

However, the bottom line in our current scenario, is that "Psychiatry is a Scam" is doing himself more harm by posting here. He is talking to Skeptics on a skeptic forum, who "shred" other people's false claims, and thus PIAS is simply bringing insults on to himself with his false claims. He is wasting time posting here, when a self help psychiatric forum would probably point him in a better direction (professional treatment). Finally, PIAS has not mentioned one step he is prepared to take to make himself better, despite numerous good suggestions from members here, and has become defensive. Therefore, PIAS is going to stay sick on purpose to teach us skeptics that our suggestions are wrong. This is the worst result he could possibly aim for, yet exactly what he is doing.

PennyDotson
Poster

Postby PennyDotson » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:54 pm

MK Ultra anybody?
If there is any justice, Ewen Cameron is roasting in the fires right this very second.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:27 am

PennyDotson wrote:MK Ultra anybody?
If there is any justice, Ewen Cameron is roasting in the fires right this very second.

just a more obvious example of how hostile and above any law shrinks are .
thank you for mentioning him though .

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:46 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:
PennyDotson wrote:MK Ultra anybody?

just a more obvious example of how hostile and above any law shrinks are .
thank you for mentioning him though .

In exactly the same way, it proves that everyone named Ewen is evil.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:00 am

the new jim crow by michelle alexander - drug laws and drug war was and is about race . knew this without reading anything , smart people are evil . especially shrinks named ewen

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:15 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:smart people are evil .

Uh huh......

"Albert Einstein, you evil bastard!"
images (7).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:36 am

good point - there is ongoing research to determine if he was autistic / Asperger's etc.

also he was not smart , he was a genius - not normal . Jesus is another example of someone who was not a normal

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster

Postby Austin Harper » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:26 pm

Except Einstein existed.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Austin Harper wrote:Except Einstein existed.

GOOGLE non biblical evidence as proof for Jesus Christ YouTube ---- :burn:
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster

Postby Austin Harper » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:23 am

What?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:25 am

Austin Harper wrote:What?
Exactly. His post don't make much sense any more. They have more of the nature of random words.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:
Exactly. His post don't make much sense any more. They have more of the nature of random words.

I think he wants us to find these four videos for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrRQqYGf4O0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqlFkGaDV_M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qUcXXbde4w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGb3pOq8ihc

They were posted by the BibleAccuracyChannel, which is a bad start. And they add up to over 45 minutes, which is a bad middle. And the comments are full of religious people proclaiming their undying belief, which is a bad ending. :?

...so instead, I decided to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8t11rnf8EY
It's everything I want in a video, in that it's only 15 seconds long and has no flash photography!
#ANDAMOVIE

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:50 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:also he was not smart , he was a genius

Geniuses are often considered to be pretty smart.
#ANDAMOVIE

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:54 pm

Gord wrote:Geniuses are often considered to be pretty smart.
Gord? What have you got against really stupid geniuses?

Are you now a stupid genius denier?

(I always knew you had a secret agenda)

:frown:

OlegTheBatty
True Skeptic
Custom Title: Uppity Atheist

Postby OlegTheBatty » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:55 pm

Matthew Ellard wrote:

Gord wrote:Geniuses are often considered to be pretty smart.
Gord? What have you got against really stupid geniuses?

Are you now a stupid genius denier?

(I always knew you had a secret agenda)

:frown:

Is a stupid genius 1 step up or 1 step down from an idiot savant?
. . . with the satisfied air of a man who thinks he has an idea of his own because he has commented on the idea of another . . . - Alexandre Dumas 'The Count of Monte Cristo"

There is no statement so absurd that it has not been uttered by some philosopher. - Cicero

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:06 am

OlegTheBatty wrote: Is a stupid genius 1 step up or 1 step down from an idiot savant?

You and your Canadian fancy-pants words ! We, down to earth, Aussies call a spade a spade.

Our Aussie bell diagram for intelligence simply has "idiot" at both ends of the horizontal axis. It saves time and avoids this sort of argument.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:10 am

I said "often"!
#ANDAMOVIE

PennyDotson
Poster

Postby PennyDotson » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:52 am

So is this modern era of doping people up until they are basically lobotomized more or less humane than the lobotomies themselves.

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:45 am

More.
#ANDAMOVIE

PennyDotson
Poster

Postby PennyDotson » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:17 am

But the drugs themselves are mind bending and not without side effects and make you beholden to pharmaceutical companies that are terrible in themselves. I don't know that I'd be so quick to say more, maybe more but not by very much. Ooof the implications.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:00 am

PennyDotson wrote:But the drugs themselves are mind bending and not without side effects and make you beholden to pharmaceutical companies that are terrible in themselves. I don't know that I'd be so quick to say more, maybe more but not by very much. Ooof the implications.

one implication would be that people are what Jesus said - sinners .
if you ever spent any time in a nursing home , you might think a quick death would be a better option .
smart people do amazing stuff and are convinced what they are doing is right . somehow they are able to ignore the fact the main result is profit for themselves

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:16 am

PennyDotson wrote:But the drugs themselves are mind bending and not without side effects and make you beholden to pharmaceutical companies that are terrible in themselves. I don't know that I'd be so quick to say more, maybe more but not by very much. Ooof the implications.

No one wants people suffering physiological psychiatric illnesses to continue suffer. I think it's a "trade off" that's diminishing as pharmacology improves with technology. In theory, each individual should choose the "least worst" course of action. Either continuing to suffer from their original illness, or to suffer less from the side effects of the current medical cure.

Dr Sacks, in "The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat" offered this rule for a jazz drummer with Tourette's syndrome. He could not drum on medication. So Dr Sacks and the drummer worked out a medication schedule, so the drummer would only have Tourettes on weekends, when he was drumming. ( It was a very amazing, strange and pragmatic solution.) The patient took the option that made him as happy as possible.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:17 am

Gord wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:

I think he wants us to find these four videos for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrRQqYGf4O0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqlFkGaDV_M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qUcXXbde4w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGb3pOq8ihc

They were posted by the BibleAccuracyChannel, which is a bad start. And they add up to over 45 minutes, which is a bad middle. And the comments are full of religious people proclaiming their undying belief, which is a bad ending. :?

...so instead, I decided to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8t11rnf8EY
It's everything I want in a video, in that it's only 15 seconds long and has no flash photography!

thanks for the links - the first half of the first link was all I needed to prove to me beyond a reasonable doubt that Jesus was .
really like the use of the term - skeptic interjection : in the videos
what does hope against hope mean ? :burn: wow that is some spicy meatballs . but the translation can not be right - hope can not be spelled 2 different ways

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:54 am

PennyDotson wrote:But the drugs themselves are mind bending and not without side effects and make you beholden to pharmaceutical companies that are terrible in themselves.

1. Of course they're mind-bending, they're psychotropic! The intention is to bend the mind with them.

2. Everything has side effects, including food. Even drinking water has side effects.

3. You are not "beholden", you exchange money for goods. Nor are pharmaceutical companies "terrible in themselves". Yes, the companies are in business to make a profit, and that can get in the way of providing the best service for their customers; but most of the people creating those drugs still have the primary focus of creating helpful things first, and becoming wealthy second.
#ANDAMOVIE

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:58 pm

the Dopamine Project - thinking outside the asylum - by CHARLES LYELL , 9/30/14

amazing how people smarter then me have presented the same ideas I have . to spot on , not to post it

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:58 am

Sam Kriss - the book of lamentations - UTNE reader - and thenewinquiry .

one line I like - the sufferers of DSM-5, meanwhile, HAVE NO VOICE; they're only interrogated by a pitiless system of categorizations with no ability to speak back .

Tom Palven
Perpetual Poster

Postby Tom Palven » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:42 am

Religion might be delusional, but how can some claim a right to outlaw being delusional?
http://www.thenewsnerd.com/health/apa-t ... l-illness/
If one can be taught to believe absurdities, one can commit atrocities. --Voltaire

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:11 am

Matthew Ellard wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:psychiatry is an evil scam run by greedy for profit and revenge.
they know that by doing nothing , they can drive sick people insane and make a lot of money.
they know that by bullying the weak ; they are destroying this country and making billions.
they know that evil always wins .
never underestimate the power of the dark side
the religious cult of psychiatry must be exposed and destroyed or we are all doomed

My father, Group Cpt John-Henry Temple Ellard AM, RFD, FRACP, FRANZCP, FRCPsych., MAPS was a fellow and examiner for the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists.

Would you please set out all the evidence that psychiatrists are destroying the world that you have gathered together?

there is a thread asking why people who talk about conspiracies are called irrational - because the criminals do not like being exposed

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:16 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:
Matthew Ellard wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:psychiatry is an evil scam run by greedy for profit and revenge.
they know that by doing nothing , they can drive sick people insane and make a lot of money.
they know that by bullying the weak ; they are destroying this country and making billions.
they know that evil always wins .
never underestimate the power of the dark side
the religious cult of psychiatry must be exposed and destroyed or we are all doomed

My father, Group Cpt John-Henry Temple Ellard AM, RFD, FRACP, FRANZCP, FRCPsych., MAPS was a fellow and examiner for the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists.

Would you please set out all the evidence that psychiatrists are destroying the world that you have gathered together?

there is a thread asking why people who talk about conspiracies are called irrational - because the criminals do not like being exposed

Are you calling my father a criminal?

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:56 am

Gord wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:never underestimate the power of the dark side

Yes, Lord Vader. (Or are you Tom Angleberger? I can never tell anymore.)

What the {!#%@} are you talking about?
#ANDAMOVIE

Gawdzilla Sama
Has No Life
Custom Title: Deadly but evil.

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by greedy nazis for revenge

Postby Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:45 am

Question for the OP: If psychiatrists are that powerful how do you have a computer to post from?
Chachacha wrote:"Oh, thweet mythtery of wife, at waft I've found you!"

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
The greatest place to work in the entire United States.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Gawdzilla Sama wrote:Question for the OP: If psychiatrists are that powerful how do you have a computer to post from?

I actually had to look up OP :-(
There was one other person who had insight about the system - HOWARD GELD , Howie the harp -
I went to a NAMI convention where he was the main speaker .
he died at the age of 42 ; which is about average for people who have received decades of help .
very few people survive their help . I wonder how many people - if any - are like me . (actually have access to the internet)
If shrinks were given total power - were able to force drugs on everyone they wanted too - ; maybe mistakes like me would not happen

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:14 am

:facepalm:
#ANDAMOVIE

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Re: psychiatry is a scam run by nazi for revenge

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:02 pm

just stumbled on a podcast site by Paul Gilmartin ; wonder if he will let me on his forum ?
I can understand why he might not .

Return to “Healthcare”