psychiatry is a scam run by for revenge

A skeptical look at medical practices
psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Re: psychiatry is a scam

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:16 am

he used/tried cocaine to cure his friends heroin addiction . transformed his highly functioning friend into an addled cocaine and morphine addict who was dead seven years later at age 45 . * so Freud started the treatment of experimenting with drugs and talking bs .* which continues and dominates the medical system 130 years later !
this is almost as insane as religion / well it is the new religion :-/
for the real minority ; there will be no justice , there will be no peace .
Just us or else . makes sense 2me , so it has 2be wrong

Gord
Real Skeptic
Custom Title: Golden Spiral Trump

Postby Gord » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:01 am

:jaded: No. It's...it's just not.
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
"You are also taking my words out of context." -- Justin
"Nullius in verba" -- The Royal Society ["take nobody's word for it"]
#ANDAMOVIE

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Gord wrote::jaded: No. It's...it's just not.

IS NOT IS TOO - Cathy Marxer - YouTube

if one father will think twice before siding with the medical system , and against his son ; the way Sen. Creigh Deeds did and still does .
then my existence is not a total waste

what if , for maybe one person in 100 , or even one in 1000 - the current medical system actually does harm them .
should science / the medical system / the legal system not try to find an alternative for those people ?

military , industrial complex . - today there is also a medical , pharmaceutical , judicial complex

Russell Crowe (state of play -2009) has a line - wrath of god money - . wish I had a link to that scene

Nonpareil
Poster
Custom Title: An Eidolon Named Night

Postby Nonpareil » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:50 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:...Freud started the treatment of experimenting with drugs and talking bs .* which continues and dominates the medical system 130 years later !

If you think that Freud's ideas are still considered the be-all, end-all of psychiatry, you probably haven't read very much about the modern field. The vast majority of Freud's ideas and practices have long since been discarded. Hypnotism, standardized dream analyses, the Oedipus and Electra complexes, the id, the ego, and the superego, free association, and so on are all no longer used.

As someone who is currently undergoing psychiatric treatment for clinical depression, I can tell you that mental health care in the modern world takes, primarily, two forms, most often used in conjunction with one another: carefully regulated medication and counseling.

Technically, you could label the process of testing various types of medication to determine their exact effect on a patient "experimenting with drugs", but that is a gross mischaracterization of the careful treatment being administered. No two patients have the same brain chemistry, and even two people suffering from the same condition may have it arise from two disparate causes. Even those whose issues arise from the same chemical imbalance may have to take different medications, as one might give Patient A incredible stomach cramps but be perfectly fine for Patient B.

New medications are administered at incredibly low doses, which are only increased if the patient feels comfortable with doing so and has not exhibited any dangerous side-effects. Personally, I had to go through eight different medications before finding one that worked for me. Of those, three of them were discontinued without upgrading to full doses because they gave me incredible migraines, two had no effect at all, two gave me mood swings, and one was prohibitively expensive. In all cases, my doctor made sure to keep in touch with me regarding the side-effects, and changed the prescription immediately any time I asked. The system is in the patient's control, not the doctor's.

Counseling I have less experience with, as I have only attended sessions for about a month now, but at no point have I been asked about what I think of my mother, or anything of that sort. Counseling is just that: counseling. I talk, the counselor listens and, when I'm finished, we have a frank and open discussion of what issues there are, whether purely mental, financial, or otherwise, and how best to deal with them in a healthy manner.

Freud helped to form the basis of psychiatry in the same way that Plato helped to form the basis of various fields of philosophy. Both were great strides forward for their time, but we have come a long way since then, and neither of them have tremendous influence on the fields today.

psychiatry is a scam wrote:what if , for maybe one person in 100 , or even one in 1000 - the current medical system actually does harm them .
should science / the medical system / the legal system not try to find an alternative for those people ?

It should and does. Patients who are not improving from traditional treatment methods will be assisted in finding alternatives. This is not an uncommon thing.
"Haven't you got any romance in your soul?" said Magrat plaintively.
"No," said Granny. "I ain't. And stars don't care what you wish, and magic don't make things better, and no one doesn't get burned who sticks their hand in a fire. If you want to amount to anything as a witch, Magrat Garlick, you've got to learn three things: what's real, what's not real, and what's the difference."

- Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

kennyc
Has No Life
Custom Title: The Dank Side of the Moon

Postby kennyc » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:38 pm

^^^^^THIS ^^^^

Good post. Thanks!
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry - The Bleeding Edge
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:12 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:if one father will think twice before siding with the medical system , and against his son ; the way Sen. Creigh Deeds did and still does .

Really? This is what you hope for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creigh_Deeds#Stabbing

Although a judge had issued an involuntary commitment order for Gus, and despite an intensive search, no available hospital bed could be found to provide him mental health treatment in the days before the attempted murder and he was released home without the ordered treatment.

You really think trying to save his life was "siding against his son"?
"Knowledge grows through infinite timelessness" -- the random fictional Deepak Chopra quote site
#ANDAMOVIE

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:15 pm

Gord wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:if one father will think twice before siding with the medical system , and against his son ; the way Sen. Creigh Deeds did and still does .

Although a judge had issued an involuntary commitment order for Gus, and despite an intensive search, no available hospital bed could be found to provide him mental health treatment in the days before the attempted murder and he was released home without the ordered treatment.

why ask an absurd question ? in a better world there would be real help . there would be real help to change the persons environment before they get sick .
in a better world the insanity of trying to -force- a young man to experiment with drugs would be known to be less then useless abuse .
what I would like to see is specific facts of what actually happened to his son ?
what was his first offense that got him trapped in the medical system ?
what drugs did he take ?
a complete history of his 24 years . not just the end result of the forced help his father gave him .

yes I really think that / actually I know it . that is what shrinks do , they get parents to argue with their kids .
if shrinks actually tried to help they would go bankrupt .
like divorce lawyers , the bigger the mess ; the greater the profit

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:38 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:
Gord wrote:

why ask an absurd question ?

To get an absurd answer, I suppose.

in a better world there would be real help . there would be real help to change the persons environment before they get sick .
in a better world the insanity of trying to -force- a young man to experiment with drugs would be known to be less then useless abuse .

What do you mean, "experiment with drugs"? Do you mean "seek medical treatment", or are you suggesting that someone forced Gus onto the street and injected him with illegal narcotics?

what I would like to see is specific facts of what actually happened to his son ?
what was his first offense that got him trapped in the medical system ?

Illness is what got him "trapped", as you call it, in the medical system.

what drugs did he take ?
a complete history of his 24 years . not just the end result of the forced help his father gave him .

yes I really think that / actually I know it . that is what shrinks do , they get parents to argue with their kids .

BS.

if shrinks actually tried to help they would go bankrupt .

BS.

like divorce lawyers , the bigger the mess ; the greater the profit

If medical professionals were so cynical that they put people at risk simply for monetary gain, then why do those same medical professionals suffer so much angst from being unable to help every single patient? Why do so many suffer from such guilt over their perceived failures to help their patients that the suicide rate of psychiatrists is the highest among all physicians?

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/410643_2

This phenomenon has been explored since the 1960s. Blachly et al[3] gathered data on 249 physicians listed in JAMA obituary columns and made extrapolations to determine which specialties had the highest risk. They interpreted their data to show that psychiatrists had the highest suicide rate and pediatricians had the lowest rate. Further support for the notion that psychiatrists might be at higher risk is found in the work of Rich and Pitts,[4] who found that psychiatrists committed suicide at twice the expected rate.

...Among practicing physicians, depression has been studied more in female physicians than in male physicians. Welner et al[16] published a study in which female professionals were interviewed and evaluated for a lifetime history of depression according to the Feighner criteria. They found that 51% of female physicians and 32% of female PhDs they selected from the general community had a history of depression. Among physicians, psychiatrists had the highest rates, with 73% reporting a history of depression compared with 46% of other female physicians.

Here's a hint: It's because when you try to help someone, you get emotionally invested in them!
#ANDAMOVIE

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:41 pm

stumbled on an interesting essay by Charles Siebert , HEAL THYSELF - men's journal December 2014 , page 44
really like the idea of walking - but I think it is important to live in a really nice area / neighborhood . walking the corridors of a psych prison may help , but not as much . main idea is that there may be alternatives to standard medical business practices that you know are not helping .
believe that applies at least as much to mental issues as it does to physical .

page 45 - each day , id go out , walk , and not die . a fairly clear cut regimen that definitely had a way of building on itself .

scrmbldggs
Has No Life
Custom Title: something

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:01 pm

I think it has been shown that exercise/walking has benefits on all levels. If you don't like to walk around outside, get a treadmill.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:20 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:I think it has been shown that exercise/walking has benefits on all levels. If you don't like to walk around outside, get a treadmill.

treadmill is totally wrong idea - if your sick you would know that.
also that is just one part of his story , forgot to say I can not do the story justice here

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:41 pm

scrmbldggs wrote:I think it has been shown that exercise/walking has benefits on all levels. If you don't like to walk around outside, get a treadmill.

treadmill is totally wrong idea - if your sick you would know that.
also that is just one part of his story , forgot to say I can not do the story justice here

It might not be the perfect idea, but perhaps not a bad one, either. But you're right, I don't exactly know what kind of issues could be a problem with that.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newslette ... g-to-relax wrote:The mental benefits of aerobic exercise have a neurochemical basis. Exercise reduces levels of the body's stress hormones, such as adrenaline and cortisol. It also stimulates the production of endorphins, chemicals in the brain that are the body's natural painkillers and mood elevators. Endorphins are responsible for the "runner's high" and for the feelings of relaxation and optimism that accompany many hard workouts — or, at least, the hot shower after your exercise is over.

Almost any type of exercise will help. Many people find that using large muscle groups in a rhythmic, repetitive fashion works best; call it "muscular meditation," and you'll begin to understand how it works. Walking and jogging are prime examples...
(The article has a popup. Just click on the page and it disappears.)

Outside would perhaps be nicest, but it's not always possible. How about mall walking?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:12 am

best way to explain it would be the person who is afraid to leave the house - one reason they are afraid is because they are ashamed of being mentally sick .
the isolation will literally kill them . just realizing that a walk in a nice area will help a lot . and regular walking like in the article (you read it I am sure )
helps beyond doctors imagination

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:54 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:best way to explain it would be the person who is afraid to leave the house - one reason they are afraid is because they are ashamed of being mentally sick .
the isolation will literally kill them . just realizing that a walk in a nice area will help a lot . and regular walking like in the article (you read it I am sure )

No, I haven't read it. Don't have the mag and tried to find it but my search engine must not be able to travel to the future. "Charles Siebert , HEAL THYSELF - men's journal December 2014" didn't pop up. :-P

But I guess your point is more about the uplifting properties about a nice walk in beautiful or comforting(?) surroundings? That would then be a double bonus, combined with the physical aspects of exercise.

And yes, isolation is not a very good thing for most people (some seek it, tho, without having major mental issues and for other reasons...). But maybe just for getting "the juices flowing", so to speak, and hopefully improving the outlook and confidence, I'd think any exercise, even at home, could be useful.

One has to start somewhere. Sometimes very small steps are necessary. :-D

Gord
Real Skeptic

Postby Gord » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:30 am

Mall walking is a nice way to get some Christmas shopping done, too.

If you're into that sort of thing, I mean.
#ANDAMOVIE

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:31 am

scrmbldggs wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:best way to explain it would be the person who is afraid to leave the house - one reason they are afraid is because they are ashamed of being mentally sick .

No, I haven't read it. Don't have the mag and tried to find it but my search engine must not be able to travel to the future. "Charles Siebert , HEAL THYSELF - men's journal December 2014" didn't pop up. :-P

But I guess your point is more about the uplifting properties about a nice walk in beautiful or comforting(?) surroundings? That would then be a double bonus, combined with the physical aspects of exercise.

And yes, isolation is not a very good thing for most people (some seek it, tho, without having major mental issues and for other reasons...). But maybe just for getting "the juices flowing", so to speak, and hopefully improving the outlook and confidence, I'd think any exercise, even at home, could be useful.

sorry I can not find the essay online either :-(

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:40 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:best way to explain it would be the person who is afraid to leave the house - one reason they are afraid is because they are ashamed of being mentally sick.

Going on a daily walk around the block, or to simply buy coffee at the local coffee shop, is the best idea you have had yet, concerning "steps towards self healing" . Do it. Don't talk about doing it. Do it.

Don't worry about if other people think you may be, or may not be, a bit nutty, for the simple reason, other people don't care. Everyone has a problem. Everyone thinks about themselves. No one notices other people (unless they are about to walk into them)

Give your self a small pat on the back and tell yourself "Hmmm this is alright. I'm enjoying myself" and soon you will want to go the next step towards ongoing happiness.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:31 pm

if I had not wasted and was still not wasting my existence in an evil corrupt detriot factory ; there would be more validity to that .
always changing my ideas to being about me :burn:

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:12 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:if I had not wasted and was still not wasting my existence in an evil corrupt detriot factory ; there would be more validity to that .

I guess it's easy to assume you are looking for ways to improve things?

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:10 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:if I had not wasted and was still not wasting my existence in an evil corrupt detriot factory ; there would be more validity to that .

Can you change jobs? Or perhaps move?
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:20 pm

Monster wrote:

Can you change jobs? Or perhaps move?

change jobs or move ? excellent question - I really wish president Obama would go on tv and say he is throwing out all discrimination laws .
if you are being discriminated against , bullied , cheated , etc. for whatever reason . just GO AWAY .
IF the president and congress does that , cancels all discrimination laws - then I will gladly go away .

to me it should be a simple legal issue addressed in court . work comp and ssd - really do NOT care if I win .
I believe what is happening to me is common , happens a lot - and should be documented at least once .
Right now the present system is about screwing over someone till they give up and quit .

again really not about me or what I want or need - just tired of normal intelligent adults doing what they do all the time - LYING

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:45 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote:if I had not wasted and was still not wasting my existence in an evil corrupt detriot factory.
That's life. I had to bury my parents on the Sunday and then go back to completing tax returns on the Monday and sob occasionally at my desk.

You have two choices.

You can whine and find excuses "not to do anything" forever and never get better, or

You can say "I'm going to deal with the problems, fix them and return to full happiness through the following plan"

Which option do you choose?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:52 pm

psychiatry is a scam wrote: change jobs or move ? excellent question - I really wish president Obama would go on tv and say he is throwing out all discrimination laws .
if you are being discriminated against , bullied , cheated , etc. for whatever reason . just GO AWAY "

Translation : "I refuse to look for another job because I'm am white and I may encounter prejudiced behaviour, because I am prejudiced and don't like "darkies".

psychiatry is a scam wrote: IF the president and congress does that , cancels all discrimination laws - then I will gladly go away.

Translation : "When white firms are allowed to only hire white people I will look for a job then. I don't want to work for "darkies" so I'm not going to do anything other than whining on forums for the next twenty years."

Monster
Perpetual Poster

Postby Monster » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:34 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:change jobs or move ? excellent question - I really wish president Obama would go on tv and say he is throwing out all discrimination laws .
if you are being discriminated against , bullied , cheated , etc. for whatever reason . just GO AWAY .
IF the president and congress does that , cancels all discrimination laws - then I will gladly go away .

to me it should be a simple legal issue addressed in court . work comp and ssd - really do NOT care if I win .
I believe what is happening to me is common , happens a lot - and should be documented at least once .
Right now the present system is about screwing over someone till they give up and quit .

again really not about me or what I want or need - just tired of normal intelligent adults doing what they do all the time - LYING

I'm sorry, I've read your stuff on this forum several times, and none of it has made any sense to me. I really don't know what you mean by discriminatory laws.

If you are in a bad situation, then you have to change it. I've been in bad situations several times in my life, where I was very unhappy, and I had to be brave to change those situations. I succeeded. Sometimes it was hard, other times it wasn't. This is a normal part of being an adult.
Listening twice as much as you speak is a sign of wisdom.

Austin Harper
Perpetual Poster
Custom Title: Rock Chalk Astrohawk

Postby Austin Harper » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:07 pm

Monster wrote:This is a normal part of being an adult.

Dum ratio nos ducet, valebimus et multa bene geremus.

scrmbldggs
Has No Life

Postby scrmbldggs » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:10 pm

A#, I'm sure you meant to write shackles instead of chuckles. :)

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:58 pm

A-number wrote:... directly welds chuckles into the deathrow inmates ankles .

My imagination did conjure up some rather odd images.
:D

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:00 am

scrmbldggs wrote:

found the story - do a search for mens journal and click the health and fitness link - its right in the middle

I want to repeat an idea that I am pretty sure about - a lot of what shrinks label as mental illness may simply be bad air.
I can duplicate and prove it simply by staying inside a few days - I will get a bad head ache and coupled with everything else I am pretty sure a shrink would label
my condition as a mental breakdown , or any doctor would no doubt prescribe pills / drugs :burn:

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:17 am

chuck wrote:I know this is only considered anecdotal evidence, I can tell you from personal first-hand experience psychiatry saved my mother's life, my father's life and my best friend's life. My mother was admitted into a psychiatric ward after attempting suicide and is now at least 90% if not 100% better and she is genuinely happy. My best friend also was feeling suicidal and he went in and came out a new person- he laughs more, he's outgoing and not such a quiet introvert, we go to see movies together (which we never did) and we just basically live as normal adult friends now. I think psychiatrists and psychiatric hospitals are necessary and have their place in the world. I don't think it's a scam.

so your mother was never given any medication ?
if she was given meds , it was the meds that - saved - her ; NOT PSYCHIATRY

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:38 am

the Medicalization of Rebellion by SHELDON RICHMAN 4-21-2012
REASON mag - another site full of r----- l------- :burn:

CherylJ

Postby CherylJ » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:07 am

I suppose the answer to the following question is buried some where in the past 8 pages of posts, but perhaps someone could bring me up to speed - why would someone who truly believes that a branch of medicine is ineffective engage it in the first place? Treatment is voluntary, unless one is to point that they pose an imminent threat to others or himself. The only other instance I can think of is court ordered evaluations, but even then, treatment can still be refused.

Years ago, oncologists probably cured few if any of their patients, but we didn't consider them frauds. I don't agree that psychiatry or clinical therapy is ineffective in helping people change what they want to change about themselves, but regardless, why the vitriol?

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:26 am

CherylJ wrote:I suppose the answer to the following question is buried some where in the past 8 pages of posts, but perhaps someone could bring me up to speed"

"Psychiatry is a scam" is a psychiatric patient who refuses to be treated by black people and thinks everyone is out to get him. He wandered in here, one day and refuses to do anything to help himself get better. He complains in every thread, no matter what the topic, about psychiatrists. He never responds to direct questions.

His posts make no sense at all most of the time. His current complaint is that the remake of the movie "The Equalizer" is a form of racist baiting because the white guy was replaced by a black guy ...... I think you get the drift..

CherylJ wrote: why would someone who truly believes that a branch of medicine is ineffective engage it in the first place?
A workplace insurance policy defined his level of care, when he got ill. He refuses that care for no logical reason.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:18 pm

CherylJ wrote:I suppose the answer to the following question is buried some where in the past 8 pages of posts, but perhaps someone could bring me up to speed - why would someone who truly believes that a branch of medicine is ineffective engage it in the first place? Treatment is voluntary, unless one is to point that they pose an imminent threat to others or himself. The only other instance I can think of is court ordered evaluations, but even then, treatment can still be refused.

Years ago, oncologists probably cured few if any of their patients, but we didn't consider them frauds. I don't agree that psychiatry or clinical therapy is ineffective in helping people change what they want to change about themselves, but regardless, why the vitriol?

you are right , the answer has been buried by the handful of people who do more then 90% of the posts . simple fact is as far as anyone who is mentally sick . psychiatry controls this country /world . I need to stress this is mainly about what shrinks do to mentally sick ; not about normal people . there is nothing anyone who is sick can do . they can not even pay a lawyer to fight for them . rip-off lawyers never fight rip-off shrinks . my complaint is not about being forced to take their synthetic garbage - what you call treatment ; though that is a big issue .
my complaint (vitriol) is that shrinks block any chance of getting real help .
BEST thing to do is put everyone else's name on ignore and read what I wrote .
sorry I am not up to writing better - I wanted to reply with something .

CherylJ

Postby CherylJ » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:24 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:.

So if you removed all psychiatrists from the "getting help" process, who would make that decision and what would they base it on? Assuming that they don't have unlimited resources they can hand out to any one who asks - how do they prioritize? How would you do it, if that were your job?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:50 pm

CherylJ wrote:
psychiatry is a scam wrote:.

So if you removed all psychiatrists from the "getting help" process, who would make that decision and what would they base it on? Assuming that they don't have unlimited resources they can hand out to any one who asks - how do they prioritize? How would you do it, if that were your job?

not possible to remove shrinks from power - my dream would be for lawyers to investigate what shrinks are doing for the money they get from insurance , copays , etc.
--- scenario - shrink would testify in court about sick , delusional , stupid , useless , etc. (what Nazi shrinks called consumers ) an individual is . lawyer would say I agree my client is very sick and needs real help . You (the shrink) collected over 5000 dollars from my clients medical insurance - WHAT DID YOU --- DO --- TO HELP MY CLIENT ? did you give any thought to what might help my client ? have you ever give any thought to trying to find someone who might go to his home and try to help ? a maid ? a life coach ? a lawyer ?
--- the goal would be to attempt to collect damages for negligence . I feel every sick person should have their cases reviewed in court ; because shrinks NEVER even dream about REAL work and real HELP - all they do is sit in their offices and talk bs and type reports . oh they also do what you mentioned - try to get people forcibly committed for being dangerous - more profit that way .
if by some miracle lawyers could actually win a few cases ; more greedy lawyers would see the profit potential and get involved - but this would only increase insurance rates for
shrinks - WHAT IS REALLY NEEDED is criminal convictions and prison sentences . shrinks lie about the long term effects of meds and withdrawal - THAT IS MURDER .
minimum they should be charged with criminal negligence

again I wish I could do better but I am old and sick and too much bs is slowly killing me .
study : financial stress dramatically lowers your iq - by SABAH KARIMI -
Last edited by psychiatry is a scam on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:14 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:not possible to remove shrinks from power - my dream would be for lawyers to investigate what shrinks are doing for the money they get from insurance , copays , etc.
My father was censor of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists and de registered endless psychiatrists for defrauding the Health Insurance Commission and other malpractice. (mostly having sex with patients)

You are making up stories on the spot.

psychiatry is a scam wrote: --- the goal would be to attempt to collect damages for negligence .
How many psychiatrists were de registered in the USA in 2014. Have you bothered to look at all? What is the number of settlements for damages in 2014, against psychiatric malpractice?

psychiatry is a scam wrote: and too much bs is slowly killing me
It's your own BS. You are committing suicide by your own hands

CherylJ

Postby CherylJ » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:28 am

not possible to remove shrinks from power - my dream would be for lawyers to investigate what shrinks are doing for the money they get from insurance , copays , etc.

I'm guessing they do the same thing with their money that teachers, and car salesmen and electricians and real estate agents do with their salaries - buy stuff.

--- scenario - shrink would testify in court about sick , delusional , stupid , useless , etc. (what Nazi shrinks called consumers ) an individual is . lawyer would say I agree my client is very sick and needs real help . You (the shrink) collected over 5000 dollars from my clients medical insurance - WHAT DID YOU --- DO --- TO HELP MY CLIENT ? did you give any thought to what might help my client ? have you ever give any thought to trying to find someone who might go to his home and try to help ? a maid ? a life coach ? a lawyer ?

There are x number of dollars that insurance companies collect from premiums, or governments collect from taxes that are allotted to healthcare. So how do you decide how they are spent?. You could in theory, just dole it perfectly evenly to whom ever asks for any reason. Or you review requests and prioritize. Person A gets more, Person B gets less, and person C gets nothing. Person C could still be sick, or in need, but "not sick enough" to warrant taking something away from A and B. But all of that requires somebody (usually a doctor) to make a decision about who is sick, and how sick are they.

You can argue that your psychiatrist is overpaid, but his diagnosis, wrong or right, doesn't put another dollar in his pocket. And he can only recommend treatments that are standard protocol, based on the clinical research at the time, or it won't be paid for by the agency doling out the money. You might well need a life coach or a lawyer or a house keeper or a reliable automobile, or any number of things. They might improve your quality of life more than psychotherapy or medication, but that may not be in his power to arrange.

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:19 am

which equals the perfect scam - they have total power and zero responsibility . exactly what one would expect from experts at manipulation :burn:

Matthew Ellard
Real Skeptic

Postby Matthew Ellard » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:39 am

psychiatry is a scam wrote:which equals the perfect scam - they have total power and zero responsibility.

Why are you lying?

Do you know how many psychiatrists in 2014 were de-registered in the USA. Is it over 1,500? Is that "zero responsibility"?

psychiatry is a scam
Frequent Poster

Postby psychiatry is a scam » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:56 am

:oldman: this is the kind of hate that a mentally sick person gets if they do not obey

Return to “Healthcare”